Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
NOTE: I've split this topic off from the candida discussion and will be adding to and/or changing some things over the next couple of days as I gather the newest data together.

So, everything is beginning to tie in together: the information from Rogers' "Detoxify or Die," Galland's "The Fat Resistance Diet," and the Candida research. There's no way to deal with one of these issues without considering the others.

So, what looks to me to be the way to go about it is to begin with the heavy metal detox program: supplementation to help the body clean its overload, sweating in the infrared sauna to assist, and rebuilding the system by replenishing the needed nutrients. Then one can approach the candida problem with some hope of permanent success IF one regularly takes care of detox.

Those of you who have read "Detoxify or Die" have a pretty good idea of what we are up against in terms of heavy metals poisoning. You literally cannot avoid it. The only thing to do then is to find out how to help the body cope with it and detox regularly.

At the same time, one has to be reasonable about what approach to take. What is really necessary to detox, what is not? What is just product promotion, and what do you need? If you take all the different views together and try to amalgamate them, you would end up sitting down to the table three times a day and eating a plate full of pills. I think it is better to try to find the common elements in all the approaches and go with that.

Let's face it, a "no carb" diet has its own problems not to mention the fact that you can't feel like you are living at all eating that way!

So, what to do?

Well, I think what is most reasonable is to understand that, yeah, we have an overload of toxins - heavy metals and such - and the body cannot get rid of it without help. Especially not since we get a new dose of toxicity every single day, even in the air we breathe. So we DO need to assist the body to get rid of this built up burden of toxins.

And then, we need to do a little min-detox on a regular basis throughout our lives.

Meanwhile, we ought to be eating more or less the Mediterranean Diet - lots of fresh vegetables, fish and meat and olive oil. Check out the article on sott: Why Andorrans Live Longer The secret seems to be "Lean meat and fresh fruit and vegetables, lots of olive oil - things that are good for the heart, classic Mediterranean fare." AND exercise AND PEACE OF MIND!!!

Notice that they all smoke. We regularly go to Andorra to buy cigarettes and I can testify to the fact that everybody there is smoking!

The Mediterranean Diet places emphasis on a wide variety of minimally processed, seasonally fresh and locally grown foods. I understand that this is actually the principle of the "macrobiotic diet," though macrobiotic diets don't seem to place so much emphasis on "locally grown" since they are all pushing Japanese foods that cost a mint in the foreign foods section of the supermarket.

Here's a blog about the Mediterranean Diet Wikipedia also has an entry on it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_diet - as well as the similar "French Paradox". Based on observation, I think that the French eat pretty much a "Mediterranean" diet too.

Obviously, if you are also dealing with candida, you will modify this diet somewhat for the duration of your battle, minimizing - but not completely eliminating - carbs.

Getting back to the detox problem, as I noted, if you listen to all of the advice in all of the research, you'd never eat anything except plates full of pills. Based on some experiments we've been doing here with good results, I've come up with a little plan for detoxing that makes it relatively easy to start and stick to such a program for extended periods of time (it can take months to fully detox an overload, maybe a year if you are seriously ill). So, here it is:

Detox Plan

Morning:

Take probiotics first. Follow them with a glass of water.

Then make Shake consisting of:

Berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mix, etc.)
Alternative milk (oat, rice, almond)
1 TBSP Vit C powder
1 TBSP Spirulina or Chlorella
2 scoops amino acids
2 TBSP psyllium husks
1 TBSP Flax seed oil
Stevia if wanted
Blend and drink with two capsules Alpha Lipoic Acid and 1 capsule Glutahione and one high potency B vitamin complex. Take also your magnesium, zinc, and multi-mineral supplement at this time.

If you need to eat something more than the shake, go ahead - oatmeal with stevia and oat milk or almond milk, eggs (don't break the yolks) or whatever. If you are fighting candida too, obviously eliminate the carbs or minimize them keeping in mind that the good bacteria need to eat too! See:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/153880-Gut-Flora-A-Digestible-Account-of-Probiotics

"A substance in porridge oats, known as beta glucans, helps gut microbes to grow"

Lunch and/or dinner

Take whatever additional supplements you favor or need in your specific case that are not already listed.
Have a salad and/or vegetable plate. Perhaps some lentils or other beans with olive oil drizzled on them. A piece of fish, chicken or turkey. Follow the Mediterranean diet (with modifications if necessary) basically.

Next, the infrared sauna: Depending on how fast you want to detox and how ill you are, will determine how often you schedule your sauna treatment. I did it every single day for an entire month. Now I do it three or four times a week and often alternate with gym workouts.

For anybody who is really in a bad way, worry not, the infrared sauna has been used on people who were expected to die within days just to make them feel a bit better and, interestingly, they lived and got better. So, you can't be so weak and disabled that you can't use this therapy! Just start slow and easy and raise the temp and time gradually.

The best thing is the sauna blanket that encloses you completely and allows you to take your therapy lying down. I put mine on the bed and watch movies or TV shows on DVD. You can't read because your arms are supposed to be inside. I'm up to 90 minutes per session at 60 degrees C.

Okay, so here's what you take before and after your sauna:

Before Sauna or Gym Work-out

50 – 100 mg niacin
1 capsule digestive enzymes
Multi-mineral (determine dose by strength of product which varies)
2 calcium
High potency Zinc
High potency Magnesium

After Sauna or Gym Work Out

Vitamin C
Lipoic Acid
Glutathione
Potassium

Hopefully, you will do your sauna in the early to mid-afternoon which is when I usually do mine so that your supplements will have time to go to work before you take the bedtime batch:

Before Bed

Phosphatidyl Choline
Butyric Acid (also found in butter)
Vitamin E
Fish Oil/Omega 3 oils (take 10 or more of whatever combination you like)
Evening Primrose Oil
Liver extract and/or Ox bile
B 6
5 HTP

And, finally:

Two days per week, say on Mondays and Thursdays....

Coffee enema

Now, I know you are all saying YUCK! But hold on a minute! This is really important for a heavy metal detox!

According to the research on the topic, the GI tract has two functions:

1. To extract nutrition from foods so we can use it for growth, repair, and
healing

2. To get rid of waste.

Your stools are full of toxins. However, since many of the toxins can act as neurotoxins and the colon is lined with nerve endings, many of the mobilised toxins are reabsorbed into the body on the way out. (If you suffer from a leaky gut from wheat gluten sensitivity or candida, this can explain why, after having gone to the toilet, you can feel less toxic and lethargic.)

The stool is the most toxic by the time it reaches the last part of the colon. Fortunately, nature has provided us with a system to deal with this:

Entero-hepatic Circulation (ESC).

This system enables toxins to be sent to the liver rather than being allowed to circulate back through the body.

Caffeine is preferentially reabsorbed into the entero-hepatic system and therefore into the liver, where it has a strong detoxifying effect, causing the liver to unload toxins in the bile ducts. This then enables the liver to eliminate the backlog of toxins that have accumulated in organ tissues and the bloodstream.

The caffeine also contains some alkaloids that stimulate the production of glutathathione-s-transferase, an enzyme that helps the liver´s detoxification pathways. This enzyme is crucial in the formation of more glutathione, which, as we now know, binds to metals and toxins, enabling them to be eliminated from the GI tract.

One guy writes about this:

· I would recommend doing the organic coffee enema after taking the chlorella, so that the chlorella is there to mop up the toxins produced by stimulating the release of bile in the small intestine. You may hear
gurgling noises: this is the bile duct emptying below the right/centre of your rib cage. If you don´t hear this, consider using more coffee.

That means that you will want to do your coffee enema not long after you have your shake which contains spirulina or chlorella.

· Use filtered water/bottled water, not chlorinated tap water.

· Flush the bowel first with one to two cups of water.

- Then use the coffee - about a cup and a half. (Boil the coffee in the water: three teaspoons of coffee to one cup of water. Boil for a few minutes, then let cool and strain.)

· Using some old towels, lie down on your back on the floor with the fountain bag hanging about 3 or 4 feet off the floor. Insert the tube and administer the mixture. Try to retain it for 10-15 minutes. You can lie on each side
for three minutes each also.

· Repeat a second time.

Remember, you are not drinking the coffee so even if you can't drink it, as I can't, you can still utilize it this way. (We jokingly refer to the Fountain Syringe outfit as a "coffee buddy".) You may want to take an electrolyte mixture before or after the enema to replace any minerals lost.

- Regularly clean your enema kit by pouring boiling water or peroxide through the bag and tube to stop any bacterial/mold growth.

Finally, after a month of detoxing, you can do a liver flush as follows:

Take 20 Phosphatidyl Choline capsule and 2 ox bile capsules before going to bed. In the morning, do your shake as usual.

A Parasite Cleanse twice a year is also recommended using Wormwood, Cloves, Black Walnut, etc. There are a number of different products available, do some research and pick one you like.

You may also want to have regular deep massages to help move the lymph. I understand that there are special lymphatic stimulating massage techniques nowadays. Do yoga to help with lymphatic drainage also.

Depending on your condition, you might want to follow this program for several months and then repeat it for a week or two every few months for a couple of years, and then twice a year (at least) for general maintenance. If you are in relatively good shape, a month will probably be long enough.

It's not a quick fix. I don't think there are any quick fixes. Our world is just a toxic place as a consequence of human greed and lack of care for the environment. We just have to figure out ways to cope and survive so that we can be at our best and do our best where we are needed, as long as we are needed.

Edit: put the minerals with the morning shake so that those who just have time to do that will get what is most needed.

Re: Candida- The Silent Epidemic

Glutathione is essential for the maintenance of Vitamin C and vitamin E levels according to Martensson. He found that as glutathione levels decreased, a corresponding decrease in ascorbic acid and vitamin E followed, which led to systematic mitochondrial death, which in turn leads to a cessation of cellular metabolism.

Oh, when searching the reference to this claim above I found:

'Glutathione deficiency decreases tissue ascorbate levels in newborn rats: ascorbate spares glutathione and protects' (Martensson 1991).

_http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=51724

And the same Martensson has studied this also "the other way around":

'Glutathione ester delays the onset of scurvy in ascorbate-deficient guinea pigs' (Martensson, Griffith, Meister 1993).

_http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=45651

Doing the shakes for a couple of days now...oh, man. My intestines are growling away down there. I guess that psyllium is really sloughing things out. I feel like I have much more energy already. Also going GF here at the same time, usually I don't have many gluten-containing foods anyway. I've been doing the shakes either really early in the morning (if I get up a couple hours before I have to leave), or when I'm home for the day, as my intestines feel a little wonky and my work schedule doesn't really permit me to deal with that. My main goal is to combat general fatigue, and also just to clean out my system (and do a little self-observation in the process).

A question I have, please forgive me if I missed this, is why coffee should be avoided? I've always noticed that it helps to clean my system out, as it were. I am blood type A and according to BTD it is beneficial. Whatever works, but I'd love to know the reason it should be avoided before deciding whether or not to continue using it. I read something (_http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/candidahandout.html) that claims that "Caffeine can kill up to 75% of the friendly Acidophilus flora in the colon per cup of coffee. The same goes for decaffeinated.". Even if this is true (it does not provide a source), we're adding the probiotics back anyway with the shake, right? Other things mentioned in my search were a lowering of pH (more conducive to candida growth), and hindrance of absorption of various nutrients. Couldn't find source material on any of these, all of these were basically personal accounts/forum discussions.

Well, considering blood type, maybe you could get away with one cup. But coffee does interfere with the sugar metabolism too.

Don't forget the supplements that go with the shake.

I'm looking into enteric coated probiotics that colonize. I'll let ya'll know how they work.

Remember, it can take a full month or so to really get some detox action. And diet is very important. You do not want to feed the candida in ANY WAY! No alcohol, no sugar, no white rice or flour or anything like that. Just think of it as a war and if you aid and abet the enemy they can get stronger and you don't want to do that. You want to just keep hitting them over and over, never let them rest or recuperate!!!

On the coffee issue: I've found that using progressively smaller cups helps reduce the amount of coffee I drink. :)

Why? Well, Hubby and I are big-time coffee drinkers. To just cut it out all at once would be too much. (Headaches etc) We use large bistro style cups each day, and only drink two of those. To experiment, I found a regular size cup and compared the volume. One 'bistro size' cup held TWO regular cups.

Hubby forgets I'm reducing coffee some mornings, but using a smaller cup and then drinking two 8 oz glasses of water per cup helps cut back. :) If you think you drink too much this is a less painful way of cutting down. (I also wait an hour or two before eating anything or taking my supplements and drink alot of water)

Just an idea to help reduce, if needed.

Gimpy

I'm hoping that after I really feel that I've detoxed to the max, I can have a cup of coffee again! I've been coffee free for over 4 years now and I STILL miss it. Of all the things I've had to give up, that was the hardest.

Laura said:
I'm hoping that after I really feel that I've detoxed to the max, I can have a cup of coffee again! I've been coffee free for over 4 years now and I STILL miss it. Of all the things I've had to give up, that was the hardest.

I do understand you and i wish you to be able to drink coffee again.

Laura said:

I can see how that would reeeally tough. well I wish there was some way you could get 110% detoxed, so an enjoyable cup of coffee would only bring you back down to 100% :/

gaad, I'm barely a week in, and I'm already really missing it - I did drink quite a lot. I've substituted rooibos tea - the green one is nicer than the red one. Didn't use to like it, but it fills the gap somewhat.

And I find I'm smoking more (roll ups, not factory cigs), don't know if that is a problem when detoxing.

Laura said:

I'm hoping you can too! :D :D

Hubby is showing some interest in joining me in the detox effort. That may lend itself to a sauna blanket sooner than planned. He's got as high a candida load as I do, so here's to returning health!

Gimpy

Nomad said:
gaad, I'm barely a week in, and I'm already really missing it - I did drink quite a lot. I've substituted rooibos tea - the green one is nicer than the red one. Didn't use to like it, but it fills the gap somewhat.

Isn't rooibos high in fluoride? _http://www.port-trading.com/tea_nutrients.html
Nutrients in mg per 8 oz cup: Fluoride 0.085
Apparently honeybush tea does not have this amount- the website says the fluoride levels are "n/a" for that.

We've been experimenting and have come up with a better version of our detox program that is supposed to deal with heavy metals and candida. By dealing with these two issues, it seems that issues such as fibromyalgia, CFS, IBS, congestive heart failure, auto-immune problems such as arthritis, and so on, really improve.

Here is the streamlined plan we have been perfecting:

Morning:
Take probiotics first. Get a good one, enteric coated. Take one or two.

Then make Shake consisting of:
Berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mix, etc. I buy them
frozen and keep a variety in the freezer. You can use them frozen or warmed
up. I warm mine up in the nuker.)
Alternative milk (oat, rice, almond - if you tolerate dairy well (blood type
B) then you can use milk)
1 TBSP Vit C powder - we get it in 1 pound containers from NOW foods)
1 TBSP Spirulina or Chlorella (we get it in 4 pound containers from NOW
foods)
1 TBSP Flax seed oil (we buy this from a livestock feed supplier in a five
liter container. If it is good enough for horses, it's good enough for us.)
Stevia if wanted - and you probably will want it. I use about 5 drops

Blend and drink with:
two capsules Alpha Lipoic Acid
1 capsule reduced Glutathione,
one tablet high potency B vitamins,
high potency mineral supplement (which is usually three capsules but depends
on which product you buy),
and one or two dimagnesium malate or magnesium citrate ( You need 6 to 10 mg
MG per kilo of bodyweight per day. If your bowels get too loose, back the
magnesium down a tad until everything is flowing smoothly, but not too
loose.)

If you want to eat breakfast in addition to the shake, look at the menus in
the "Fat Resistance Diet" book. I usually have some eggs (don't break the
yolks while cooking) and quinoa crackers and/or brown rice or lentils or
some other cooked dried beans or, if you can tolerate dairy, have nuts and
yogurt. I love bacon, so I allow myself a couple slices once a week or a
thin slice of ham.

Nuts for snacks. Mainly walnuts, almonds, pecans. You can have peanuts if
you tolerate them (check your blood type) and cashews, salted, roasted,
whatever. Some authors are picky about it, but I'm not worrying too much
since the objective is to get omega 3 oils and magnesium, both of which are
in nuts.

Lunch and/or dinner
Just have a good anti-inflammatory meal - vegetables mainly, cooked dried
beans, brown rice, meat if wanted, no cheese but if you tolerate dairy, you
can have yogurt.

No fruits except berries.

After dinner, about an hour before your shower, spray magnesium dissolved in
distilled water on your stomach, legs, arms, etc. (You can use the
"magnesium oil" that is sold on the net, but it is pricey. Prolly better to
get some pure magnesium chloride and mix with distilled water and spray it
on. It absorbs in about half an hour, so you can bathe an hour later and
not lose the benefit. It does tend to be sticky if you use the magic oil.)

Before Bed
2 Phosphatidyl Choline
2 Vitamin E (400 mg each)
Fish Oil/Omega 3 oils - take 6 to 10 of these, mix 'em up if you like. I
take 6 cod liver oil and 2 big salmon oil)
Evening Primrose Oil - 1200 mg
Magnesium Taurate - I take a couple of these.
B 6 - 1
5 HTP - 1
GABA - 1 or 2

If you are going to work out or do sauna therapy. This is only for hard-
core detoxing for those who have health issues. If you don't work out or do
sauna, skip this. It will just take longer to detox.

Before Sauna or Gym Work-out 3 or 4 days a week

50 - 100 mg niacin
1 or 2 capsule digestive enzymes
Multi-mineral (determine dose by strength)
High potency Zinc
High potency Magnesium citrate, orotate, malate, or taurate
After one month of work outs/sauna start adding 2 calcium tablets to the mix

After Sauna or Gym Work Out
Vitamin C - high dose
Lipoic Acid - couple of capsules
Glutathione - follow directions
Potassium
Selenium

For SERIOUS HARD CORE detoxing:

Mondays and Thursdays
Coffee enema

For your eating pleasure:

You'll want to have a really good pressure cooker as part of your main
culinary equipment. Get rid of plastics, teflon. Use stainless steel
and/or iron cookware, glass storage dishes or wide-mouth jars.

Never bring anything with gluten (wheat) or sugar or alcohol into the house.
You won't miss it, believe me.

Here's a basic shopping list.

A variety of dried peas and beans in large quantities.

Lots of Lentils.

Brown rice.

Whole rice flour.

Quinoa.
Millet

Gluten free crackers of several varieties.

Stevia.

Lots of frozen vegetables - whatever you like - the more colorful, the
better. Get big packages and
cook big batches to store in the fridge to mix and match for meals with the
big batches of dried beans or peas that you keep in the fridge too.

Also fresh veggies if wanted and you feel like
preparing them.

Cabbage for cooked cabbage and slaw.

Carrots.

Onions.

Garlic.

Plenty of good quality hamburger (fresh and/or frozen) for the beef eaters
though you will want to eat it only once or twice a week.

Plenty of chicken and turkey for the poultry eaters though, again, only eat
three or four times a week.

Fish, scallops, etc... which you can eat almost every day. Try to have a
few meals a week that exclude meat or fish. If possible, have a day of
just veggies, brown rice, and dried peas or beans and nuts and berries.

Canned tomatoes. (crushed, whole, puree, paste)

Canned tuna - try to get one that is known to have less mercury

Canned sardines and or mackerel.

Lots of nuts, different kinds.

Plain yogurt (if you tolerate dairy)
Buttermilk (if you tolerate dairy).

Lots of frozen berries.

Lots of almond milk, oat milk, rice milk if you do not tolerate dairy.
That's everybody except type B.

Oatmeal. Try to get natural, unprocessed. In fact, try to get natural
unprocessed everything if possible!

Butter - no margerine EVER. No hydrogenated vegetable oils EVER.

Eggs. Free range eggs are easily available here and our own chickens are
laying now, so we have fresh eggs every day.

If you really gotta have bacon - try to get it without chemicals.

Salad makings.- fresh vegetables in season or as wanted.

Squash and pumpkins - zucchini, etc. Try to get organic.

Apple cider vinegar.

Kosher dill pickles if wanted. No other kind.

Lots of Olive Oil. Never buy "vegetable oil" again. You can also get nut
oils, sesame oil and my favorite: Grape Seed Oil. This is easily obtained
here in the land of lotsa grapes.

I use grape seed oil to make mayonnaise.

Lemons.

Some gluten free pasta for occasional pasta dishes.

Ricotta and mozzarella - the only allowed cheeses, to be used sparingly.

Cream.

Now, here are some rules of thumb:

Try to eat mostly vegetables - fresh, cooked, raw, whatever. We have
salads, stir fried, steamed, cole slaw, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, beets,
squash, collards, spinach, bok choy etc. We have a vegetable or two or
three at every meal sometimes even including breakfast. Tomatoes are great with eggs.

Next most frequent food: cooked dried peas/beans or lentils. We have
peas/beans or lentils (sometimes both) at almost every meal, sometimes even including breakfast.
Eggs are good with lentils.

Next, cold water fish like cod or salmon. You can eat fish every day if
you like, but we usually eat it two or three times a week. Scallops are
high in omega 3 oils too - and shrimp and oysters when available. If you
don't tolerate shellfish, exclude them.

Next, Turkey and/or chicken. Preferably natural with no evil chemicals in
them. Eat three or four times a week. This can be prepared in a lot of
ways: chicken soup (with rice noodles or brown rice) or coated in ground
walnuts and fried in grapeseed oil, or grilled on a salad, or stuffed with
spinach and baked, or baked with herbs, or with tomato sauce on them... etc.

Beef: a couple times a week - preferably range beef. You can have it in
pasta sauce, in a stew made with chickpeas and onions and tomatoes, steak,
grilled, roasted, etc. Just no potatoes and no bread.

Have pasta only when you really think you gotta have it - maybe once a week.

Have bacon only when you gotta - once or twice a week at most.

Mix and match stuff around.

Always keep at least two kinds of cooked dried peas or beans in stock in the
fridge. Same with a big bowl of brown rice. This is what the pressure
cooker is for. They cook in about 30 minutes in one of those. Same with
vegetables. (Having them in the fridge, ready to eat, that is, not cooked in
the pressure cooker.) We try to keep collards, green beans, bok choy and cooked beets
in the fridge. I don't know if beets are as fresh and easily available
there as they are here. If not, just get a bunch of cans of them, plain, no
sugar or additives.

Sample menu:

Breakfast
If I want something more than my shake (not often)
I have two eggs and either a few quinoa crackers, or cooked quinoa
with butter, or some brown rice fried in butter with maybe some sliced
tomato. I may also have the eggs with lentils and butter. About once a
week, I have oatmeal with butter, stevia and cream on it. About once a week
I have bacon with my eggs and quinoa or millet flakes.

Lunch and dinner: Lentils and/or black-eyed peas and brown rice with a bit
of chopped onion and vinegar on it. Maybe a turkey or chicken breast, or a
hamburger if I want it. Maybe a salad with grilled chicken with olive oil
and vinegar and/or mayonnaise on it. Maybe some green beans cooked with
onions and garlic (usually keep a big dish of these in the fridge to just
warm up). Maybe a hamburger chopped up and fried with some brown rice and a
vegetable on the side. Maybe carrot soup with lentils and quinoa crackers.

You can buy big batches of carrots, peel and boil with minimal water. Then
use an immersion blender to turn it to soup. With a bit of butter, salt,
pepper, garlic, cumin and coriander, this is great. Then, pour it into
little freezer containers when it is cool and freeze it in meal size
portions.

You can also cook big pots of beans and put some in the fridge for a couple
of days, and put the rest in containers in the freezer to defrost and eat as
needed.

Maybe scallops and bok choy stir fried in grape seed oil. That's the
general idea. Mix and match stuff.

The other night we had green beans, lentils, a nice beef stew made with
chick peas, beef, onions, canned tomatoes. You can season liberally with
garlic, salt and pepper. To reduce acidity of canned tomatoes, grate a
carrot into them while cooking.

Tonight we had baked salmon (just salt, pepper and garlic on it) along with
cole slaw (made with a fresh batch of mayonnaise), spinach souffle, english peas.

One night, we may eat cabbage, onions and carrots stir fried in grape seed
or olive oil with a side of beans and brown rice.

Yesterday for lunch Ark and I had a bowl of carrot soup taken out of the
freezer with a side dish of brown rice and green beans that I took out of
the fridge and heated up together in a skillet with a bit of butter and
garlic.

For desserts (if you really gotta have one): defrost some berries in the
microwave and have with cream and stevia, or ricotta cheese. You can have
strawberries with whipped cream sweetened with Stevia. If you can tolerate dairy,
have yogurt with nuts and berries and stevia. But try to limit desserts to three times a
week or so.

For special occasions, I make chocolate mousse with Stevia and serve with
whipped cream with stevia.

We make cole slaw very often and keep a big bowl of it in the fridge. Just grate
a head of cabbage, one carrot and one onion. Toss together with a half cup of
olive oil and a couple tablespoons of cider vinegar. Salt, and pepper and garlic
powder to taste. Put lots of mayonnaise on and make it the right consistency
(creamy but not soupy), add a bit of stevia if wanted. Keep in the fridge.
It's great with fish and/or scallops.

I now make mayonnaise in large quantities. I use 8 to 10 egg yolks, the
same number of teaspoons of dijon mustard, same number of teaspoons of lemon
juice (fresh or bottled), salt, pepper, garlic powder. Start the mixer and
then begin to add the grape seed oil a little at a time until it is the
right consistency. (It needs to stand up when you take the mixer out of
it.) Do NOT use olive oil for mayonnaise unless you intend to eat it all
right away. It separates in the fridge and is a pain to recover the
emulsion.

You can then take the egg whites left after making mayonnaise and beat until
stiff. Fold in with four cups of lightly steamed spinach, 1 cup grated mozzarella,
1/2 cup mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic. put in casserole dish and bake
until lightly brown. Eat immediately with some mayonnaise on it! It's great with
scallops or fish or about anything!

You can have tuna salad on quinoa or rice crackers. You can eat sliced
tomatoes on these crackers with mayonnaise. You can use this mayonnaise
about any way you like because it has nothing evil in it and the oil is GOOD
for you.

Joe has developed a recipe for a fish batter that is out of this world. We
have it about once a week. Fried in grape seed oil and with seafood sauce.
I'll get him to share it.

Seafood sauce: 1/2 cup tomato puree; 1 small can tomato paste, garlic
powder, couple drops of stevia, teaspoon of vinegar, couple tablespoons
of pure grated horseradish. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.

This is also good with scallops. You can also make it as above with
mayonnaise and no tomato sauce.

Once every two weeks or so, have pasta - make sphagetti sauce with meat,
onions, garlic, basil, crushed tomatoes, zucchini chunks if wanted, grate a
carrot in there to de-acidify, and serve on rice or quinoa or spelt pasta.

Or, you can have bird nest pasta (rice or quinoa) with butter, garlic,
ricotta and mozzarella cheese - a variation of fettucini alfredo. This is
also good with scallops chopped up in it.

Fish can be baked with herbs and butter or dipped in ground nuts and baked
or fried. Same with chicken and turkey and veal. You can season the ground
nuts the same way you would season a flour coating mix for fried chicken.
Cook over low heat in grape seed oil. When I do veal, I pound it and dip in
egg and cream - very good imitation of vienerschnitzel. And a lot healthier.

I'm sure you will come up with some of your own inventions. Just try to
stick to the foods that are anti-inflammatory, anti-candida, and rich in
magnesium and omega 3 oils.

For our French members, cassoulet is totally in the diet! Duck is good and so
are haricot beans. Fresh Toulouse sausage is also okey once in awhile.

Laura said:
We've been experimenting and have come up with a better version of our detox program that is supposed to deal with heavy metals and candida. By dealing with these two issues, it seems that issues such as fibromyalgia, CFS, IBS, congestive heart failure, auto-immune problems such as arthritis, and so on, really improve.

Here is the streamlined plan we have been perfecting:
thank you laura for this 'detox' extract of knowledge you accumulated from so many sources and years of research.

This is a recipe from a book called "You are What You Eat Cookbook" by Dr. Gillian McKeith
I've not tried this one yet, but its specifically for people who have trouble sleeping, swelling
of the hands and feet, and yeast issues.

Sleepy Lettuce Soup

Serves 4

1 T olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
450 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
2 tsp wheat free veg bouillon powder
8 T millet
1 large romaine lettuce, washed and roughly shredded
4 tsp chopped fresh chervil or parsley

Heat the oil with a little water in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add potatoes and cook for 2 further minutes.

Add 1 litre water, together with the bouillon powder and millet. Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until
the vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife.

Add the lettuce and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just wilted.

Allow to cool before blending in a food processor or with a hand held blender until smooth, along with 2 T of fresh chervil or parsley.

Return to the pan to reheat, adding a little water if needed.

Divide between warmed soup bowls and serve garnished with the remaining fresh chervil or parsley.

With these recipes, since some of them are so different, its a good idea to make a batch just like the recipe to start.
I've found if she has an ingredient that I can't have, like regular white potatoes, I'll double something else that adds body to the soup, or substitute with a different vegetable.

Gimpy

I am wondering why you say, "Lots of almond milk, oat milk, rice milk if you do not tolerate dairy. "

For some reason I think that all milk is yucky. :/ It leaves a "yucky" aftertaste in my mouth. Probably just something wrong with my thinking, and maybe you say we need the milk for protein, just checking.

Nienna Eluch said:
I am wondering why you say, "Lots of almond milk, oat milk, rice milk if you do not tolerate dairy. "

For some reason I think that all milk is yucky. :/ It leaves a "yucky" aftertaste in my mouth. Probably just something wrong with my thinking, and maybe you say we need the milk for protein, just checking.

"almond milk, oat milk, rice milk" - these aren't really milks. They are drinkable liquids made from almond, oat, rice with water base. They have no dairy and are not even related to real milk.

Back
Top Bottom