Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

Foofighter said:
I've already ordered some priobiotics from Biovea, but I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on brands for probiotics. Threelac seems to be popular, but has mixed reviews in some places. Any other suggestions?

Hi Foofighter,

I don't know about Threelacs probiotics. I was recommed to take Probio forte. Maybe you could give it a try after finishing your Threelacs box.

Meanwhile, as I reported on another thread: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8813.new#new

Last night we recorded an interview with Mark Givert of www.get-fitt.com which is where I got my FAR infrared blanket. We'll be getting it up on sott asap and I'll be writing a short article about it to go with the podcast.

Mark flew down and stayed with us a couple of days and we were able to ask all our questions about the FAR infrared treatment. Mark, himself, came to it because of serious health problems and he was doing it long before it was "on the radar" and has since done a LOT of research. He is also involved with a number of professional researchers who are using the therapy for people with serious, debilitating illnesses, including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, etc. He told us about many cases that, unfortunately, did not make it onto the podcast but will later be included in a book that we are urging him to write.

When Mark began his therapy, the FAR infrared devices did not have temperature controls so it was basically a low level of heat. Apparently, this low heat is extremely effective all by itself. He told us about a woman who was in terminal stages of cancer who got in her FAR infrared sauna and stayed in it all day following which, she had a deep "detox reaction" and her cancer went into remission.

Since the FAR infrared acts directly on the mitochondrial energy production mechanism in the body, there are some people who can only tolerate a little of it because of their toxic overload. The minute their body gets a little energy from the infrared, the body starts detoxing and they have the Herxheimer reaction pretty severely, so they have to go slow and easy.

While cranking up the heat until you sweat is an added benefit, I'm glad to know that the lower temps are as beneficial because that means I can spend more time in the sauna which I am going to start doing today!

Another point about detoxing is that it is important to alkalinize the body. Sherry Rogers discusses this in her books, but Mark told us that one of the easiest ways to do this is to have a glass of water (or cup of hot water) with fresh lemon juice in the morning, and eat at least 50% green, leafy vegetables every day. He says that candida and other parasites cannot survive in an alkaline environment. The other 50% of your diet should be divided 30% grains (brown rice, quinoa, etc) and 20% protein. This is kind of a transition diet while detoxing with the sauna. He claims that once you detox sufficiently, you will naturally move to 75% green leafy vegetables (part of which he takes as fresh juices).

You also need oils and the best ones are Hemp, Flax, pumpkin, olive and some nut oils. NEVER vegetable oils!

You also need nuts for magnesium, Brazils, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, cashews, etc. You also can eat avocados as they are an important omega 3 source.

Then he said that the best way to get probiotics is to eat them fresh and live and the way to do that is to make your own fresh sauerkraut and also a water made from quinoa. You wash the quinoa, then put a cup of it in a jar with two LITERS (corrected) of water, cover with a cloth and let sit in a warm place for a couple of days until it is foamy on the top. When the liquid goes cloudy and tastes like lemon water, it is right. Drink the water and add two more LITERS of water and do the same thing. You can do this twice with the same cup of quinoa.

I think I will purchase one of these saunas because I'm hoping it will help with my tennis elbow. It seems that I have these micro tears in the tendon which are just not healing (2 months now). One question. How do you clean the blankets? I imagine that they'll get covered in sweat, is it easy enough to clean them after a session?

1) Tennis Elbow. Have a look here: http://www.medicaltaping.com/

I have used these taping techniques and the results were nothing short of miraculous. You have to get the book but you don't necessarily have to use their tape. Any stretchy bandage tape will do.

2) After each sauna, I spray the blanket with a bleach bathroom cleaner and wipe it down completely. The inside is vinyl-like, so it is easy to wipe it clean. Then, I leave it open to dry, and then fold and put it away under my bed.

Also, I always do the sauna wearing sweats to wick the toxic sweat away from my skin. Afterward, I soak in a magnesium bath.

Laura said:
Then he said that the best way to get probiotics is to eat them fresh and live and the way to do that is to make your own fresh sauerkraut and also a water made from quinoa. You wash the quinoa, then put a cup of it in a jar with two LITERS (corrected) of water, cover with a cloth and let sit in a warm place for a couple of days until it is foamy on the top. When the liquid goes cloudy and tastes like lemon water, it is right. Drink the water and add two more LITERS of water and do the same thing. You can do this twice with the same cup of quinoa.

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if the quinoa used in the making of the probiotic is the presoaked/prerinsed version, which is what is sold in stores all around me, or if he uses the unsoaked/unrinsed quinoa.

I'm just not clear on this one aspect. :/

At first I just figured it was the unsoaked quinoa until I thought about how it is supposed to be so bitter, so I thought I'd ask.

Laura said:
Finally, he told us about something called "Miracle Mineral Supplement" for those plagued with candida, parasites, etc. Have a look here: http://mmsmiracle.com/ and here: http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/miracle-mineral-supplement-mms-by-jim-humble.html

This stuff is really cheap.

Have you or anyone else here tried MMS yet?

John! said:
Laura said:
Finally, he told us about something called "Miracle Mineral Supplement" for those plagued with candida, parasites, etc. Have a look here: http://mmsmiracle.com/ and here: http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/miracle-mineral-supplement-mms-by-jim-humble.html

This stuff is really cheap.

Have you or anyone else here tried MMS yet?

I haven't yet, but plan on it, mainly for its low cost. Its harder for us to buy enough supplements to do a detox, and we won't have funds for a sauna blanket
for a bit. (Though I am saving for one) I'll keep up with what supplements we can afford, and am thinking on trying this MMS for candida etc.

That may be backwards though..... :/

Pain free in 6 weeks and You are what you ate revised came in today, so I'll know more after reading through them.

Gimpy
still trying to sort through a mountain of info

Gimpy said:
Xman said:
Nienna Eluch said:
I am wondering why you say, "Lots of almond milk, oat milk, rice milk if you do not tolerate dairy. "

For some reason I think that all milk is yucky. :/ It leaves a "yucky" aftertaste in my mouth. Probably just something wrong with my thinking, and maybe you say we need the milk for protein, just checking.

"almond milk, oat milk, rice milk" - these aren't really milks. They are drinkable liquids made from almond, oat, rice with water base. They have no dairy and are not even related to real milk.
here in NE US , I see all the almond and Rice milk/drinks contain cane Juice which is basically extracted from sugar cane. One more choice gone

Gimpy said:
Watch out for added sugar on those alternative milks. The few I've found locally have too much. (But I'm still looking)

[moderator: quotes have been fixed]

seek10 said:
Gimpy said:
Xman said:
Nienna Eluch said:
I am wondering why you say, "Lots of almond milk, oat milk, rice milk if you do not tolerate dairy. "

For some reason I think that all milk is yucky. :/ It leaves a "yucky" aftertaste in my mouth. Probably just something wrong with my thinking, and maybe you say we need the milk for protein, just checking.

"almond milk, oat milk, rice milk" - these aren't really milks. They are drinkable liquids made from almond, oat, rice with water base. They have no dairy and are not even related to real milk.
here in NE US , I see all the almond and Rice milk/drinks contain cane Juice which is basically extracted from sugar cane. One more choice gone

Gimpy said:
Watch out for added sugar on those alternative milks. The few I've found locally have too much. (But I'm still looking)

[moderator: quotes have been fixed]

Diamond's unsweetened almond milk has no sugar.

There are numerous recipes on the net for making rice milk and almond milk. Making rice milk is waaaaaaaay cheaper than buying it. I use the short grain sushi style rice - I forget the name of it but works pretty good and costs something like 25 cents to make half a gallon, which is of course a heck of a lot cheaper than any store.

John! said:
Diamond's unsweetened almond milk has no sugar.

Today I checked this unsweetened almond milk , for some reason, it has soy in it. finally I ended up some other brand oat milk which doesn't have any thing.

I agree with hago, it is much cheaper and better to do our self, rather than running around the store. there are lot of recipes on the net.

hago said:
There are numerous recipes on the net for making rice milk and almond milk. Making rice milk is waaaaaaaay cheaper than buying it. I use the short grain sushi style rice - I forget the name of it but works pretty good and costs something like 25 cents to make half a gallon, which is of course a heck of a lot cheaper than any store.

Home made milks also have the benefit of no added contamination by other foods. I can't drink or eat many of the alternate foods in stores, because its been made with equipment that also processed tree nuts, which I'm allergic to.

If anyone else is allergic to tree nuts, there are still plenty of seeds to eat: sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, and flax. :)

Gimpy
still grokking "Pain Free in 6 weeks"

hago said:

Do you use white rice? That is what is on sushi. Just wondering because white rice is a lot less beneficial than say brown rice.

Pinkerton said:
Do you use white rice? That is what is on sushi. Just wondering because white rice is a lot less beneficial than say brown rice.

First I tried brown rice and in my opinion it tastes horrible as rice milk, so I switched to white rice. Maybe not as nutritious, but I can make up for that in other ways.

Back
Top Bottom