I'm really sorry that detoxing is so limited in foods, but maybe some of you can come up with some nice recipes out of what is allowed?
This is one of my favorite vegetarian meals. I've started doubling the recipe because it has a long prep time and it keeps well. Also, I tend to prefer broccoli over cauliflower. Use the mango sauce sparingly if you're still trying to get rid of candida.
Aloo Gobi Burgers (with Mango Sauce)
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
2-3 whole baked potatoes, peeled and chilled (1 cup diced)
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbs minced fresh ginger (about 1 inch thick piece)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs apple juice (or water)
1 tbs mild curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon coriander
15 ounces no salt canned chickpeas, drained (1.5 cups cooked)
3 tbs no salt added tomato paste
2 teaspoons Knorr vegetable soup recipe mix
1/8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste only)
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup raw (unsalted) cashews
1.5 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
1. The night before making burgers, bake 2 large or 3 medium sized
potatoes at 350 for about an hour, or until potatoes are tender, but
still firm. Refrigerate overnight.
2. In food processor or coffee grinder, chop cashews into flour. Set aside.
3. Saute chopped onion, garlic, and minced ginger on medium heat in
apple juice. Add water as necessary to prevent burning. When onion is
tender, add curry powder, cardamom, turmeric, and coriander. Saute one
more minute, stirring constantly.
4. In food processor, combine chickpeas, onion and spice mixture,
tomato paste, Knorr veggie mix, pepper, and parsley. Process until smooth. Add
cashew meal and process again, until combined evenly. Transfer bean
mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
5. Microwave or steam chopped cauliflower until soft but still firm.
Add to bean mixture.
6. Peel cold baked potatoes and chopped into small squares. Add to bean mixture.
7. Make sure potatoes and cauliflower are distributed evenly
throughout bean mixture. Form mixture into eight burgers, using about
a half cup for each patty.
8. Place patties, reshaping as necessary, on a non-stick cookie sheet.
These burgers stick easily, so use a lightly oiled pan if you do not
have a non-stick one.
9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Flip burgers, reshaping with hands to
fill in cracks, and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Allow burgers to
rest 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Cilantro Mango Sauce.
1. Replace potato with more cauliflower.
2. Use broccoli in place of cauliflower.
Cilantro Mango Sauce:
1 cup fresh, ripe mango, chunked
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve chilled.