What are good foods for dizziness

Baz Tubit

A Disturbance in the Force
I get dizzy every now and then and based on Dr. Hyman's formula for wellness, what foods and/or supplements can help this condition?

Baz Tubit said:
I get dizzy every now and then and based on Dr. Hyman's formula for wellness, what foods and/or supplements can help this condition?

Hi Baz Tubit,

Welcome to this forum.

I do not remember reading in the UltraMind Solution by Dr Hyman or in Detoxify or Die by Dr Rogers that some foods and/or supplements could help that condition.

What i remember is that dizziness is cause by toxins. And to cure that you have to eliminate all the toxins in your body. I do not know how long you have been doing the cure but Dr Hyman says in his book at page 288:

Dr Hyman said:
Other changes may take a little longer to achieve. If you are mercury toxic, then it may take a few years ands some hard work to fully recover, but you can regain your health and renew your brain.

Have a look at those threads, the might help you:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7765.0

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10573.0

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2354.0

And as a new member of this forum, have a look at the Recommended Reading List, to get a sense of the other reference material that influences our thinking around here. You might also want to bookmark the Cassiopaea/SOTT Esoteric Glossary and the Cassiopedia, as they are very helpful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with.

Are you familiar with the ideas of Gurdjieff? If not, you might eventually want to read up a little on his 4th Way teaching, generally referred to here as "the Work". It is a method recommended to and practiced by most members of this forum, as a means of beginning to see ourselves, others, and the world around us from a more OBJECTIVE perspective, rather through the prism of our own SUBJECTIVITY -- i.e., our own emotional issues, programs, and mechanical behaviour. The Work requires active participation in a group like this, where others also involved in the Work can provide feedback and act as a "mirror" in which we can see ourselves more objectively.

And you can go here and introduce yourself in telling us how you found this forum.

Baz Tubit said:

Hi Baz Tubit;

You don't mention how serious or often this dizziness is, or occurs, but there could be many causes, and they could all be related to toxins, but there are a couple of neurological conditions that could require immediate attention and not be affected by any foods or supplements.

In addition to Namaste's excellent links, I recommend using a search engine with a term like: "dizziness".

Here is some additional info that may be interesting:

[quote author=Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA]
More than 60 conditions can cause dizziness. Finding the origin of the sensation is perplexing and frustrating to medical professionals and their patients. Causes vary from low blood pressure to medication side effects to neurologic or inner ear problems. A prior heart attack, arthritis, diabetes, alcohol consumption, smoking, nervousness, and other conditions can add to the risk.

"One of the most common causes of dizziness is known as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, or BPPV," Drachman says. "This is a sensation of actually spinning around, which may occur when you lie down, sit up or roll over in bed. This rotational sensation is known as 'true vertigo' and occurs when tiny calcium crystals in one part of the inner ear break loose and drift into one of the semicircular canals in another part of the ear." As the loose crystals move back and forth where they don't belong, they can cause violent dizziness, sometimes associated with nausea, upon certain movements.

It's important to note that there is a difference between vertigo and dizziness. Vertigo refers to a sensation of motion when you are resting; dizziness denotes less specific symptoms, such as lack of balance and lightheadedness. This subtle difference can be an important factor in diagnosing the problem.

Another reason for dizziness can be attributed to the circulatory system, which supplies the brain and inner ear with blood and oxygen. Insufficient circulation, due to hardening of the arteries, decreased blood pressure, or poor heart function, can all result in dizziness. A drop in blood pressure when first standing up, a condition called "postural hypotension," triggers many episodes of dizziness. Feeling upset or anxious can also precipitate dizziness.

Certain neurologic disorders can also bring on episodes of dizziness.

"Transient ischemic attacks, known as 'ministrokes', can produce vertigo, which is almost always associated with other symptoms such as numbness or weakness of an arm or leg," Drachman says. "Following head injuries, people may experience lightheadedness, and sometimes vertigo if the inner ear is affected. In younger people, multiple sclerosis can be a cause of dizziness."

Many medications—including Dilantin, Lasix, L-dopa, and even Tagamet—may cause dizziness. If you notice that the dizziness is more significant during a specific time of day or after trying a new medication, it may be that the drug is a key culprit.
Source: _http://www.swedish.org/16199.cfm
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom