Author Topic: Low dose Lithium for better mental health  (Read 7319 times)

Offline Galaxia2002

• Jedi Council Member
Re: Low dose Lithium for better mental health
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 06:43:33 PM »
Quote from: psyche
The following is very interesting information, also considering the fact that lithium excretion is increased when we do breathing exercises and meditation like in Éiriu Eolas

Hi psyche, Would you give me the source of that information? it's interesting :) . I was thinking that if doing the meditation we excrete more lithium, is it not that a sign that is not convenient to have this element present in "high" amount in the body? since the Eiriu Eolas tends to help to do away with toxins??. It would be interesting to know what elements increase when we do meditation, maybe it is a sign that we would need to take more of those elements?. I'm taking a simple logic here. I could be wrong.. it's just an hypothesis.

Offline Gaby

• Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:51 PM »
Hi Galaxia2002,

I don't have a link for the source, but try doing a google research with the first sentence of the text and I'm sure it will pop up. 

Breathing exercises in general increase levels of melatonin, serotonin, GABA, antioxidants, and others mentioned in the intro of EE.

We also excrete other minerals when we exercise and that doesn't mean they are toxins.  I don't think lithium as a mineral in low dose is such a bad thing considering the research about it.
To love is to seek knowledge of the beloved. To know is to love. "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:12-13. [Through a Glass Darkly: Hidden Masters, Secret Agendas and a Tradition Unveiled (The Wave or Adventures with Cassiopaea, Volume 4)]

Offline Galaxia2002

• Jedi Council Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:39 AM »
Hi Galaxia2002,

I don't have a link for the source, but try doing a google research with the first sentence of the text and I'm sure it will pop up.  

Breathing exercises in general increase levels of melatonin, serotonin, GABA, antioxidants, and others mentioned in the intro of EE.

We also excrete other minerals when we exercise and that doesn't mean they are toxins.  I don't think lithium as a mineral in low dose is such a bad thing considering the research about it.

yeah it´s logical what you said. I would have thought in the same way but what I don´t know for sure is  in what mode is meditation comparable to an exercise that made you sweat and expel minerals. Normally I don´t sweat when I do EE, then it seems to me surprising that a mineral can be expeled selectively without sweat! I guess that it could be an effect in the kidney due to changes in the neurotransmitters you said. I should not use the word toxin instead of "mineral" which is more near to what I wanted to say.  
I found an indian article that do mention to the loss of lithium in the meditation but they don´t give the reference for that particular fact. :(
I am considering to take 5 mg/daily and report what I note. It´s a very low dose. What interest me most is  that help to neuronal grow.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:31:12 AM by Galaxia2002 »

Offline go2

• Dagobah Resident
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 01:56:36 AM »

Psyche, thanks for the article on the importance of lithium in our diet. Celtic Sea Salt contains lithium salts in the proportion of sea water. It might be a sufficient and safe source of available lithium salts.  I began using Celtic Sea Salt, reasoning that cellular life evolved in the seas some 600 hundred million years ago. Our cellular physiology retains great nature's experiments in those ancient seas. The link to Celtic Sea Salt is interesting.

Two: I recall from an advanced psychology lecture in college in which the professor loudly stated: "The difference between a violent, aberrant mental patient and you people sitting here is two cents worth of lithium." Bipolar patients are often prescribed lithium, however, the side effects of this medication can be nasty. Celtic Sea Salt® Brand contains natural lithium salts. Unlike supplementing with medicinal lithium, the lithium in Celtic Sea Salt® Brand is absorbed naturally, in quantities nature intended, and they are untreated, unprocessed, and as natural as the earth itself.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:59:31 AM by go2 »

Offline Gaby

• Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 01:06:08 PM »

The link to Celtic Sea Salt is interesting.

That is very interesting!
To love is to seek knowledge of the beloved. To know is to love. "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:12-13. [Through a Glass Darkly: Hidden Masters, Secret Agendas and a Tradition Unveiled (The Wave or Adventures with Cassiopaea, Volume 4)]