Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

VIJAYA said:
Wow, im so glad this was just posted! I came back to the boards because I totally experienced the extreme tingling of the body and clenched feelings. My goodness, I guess I didnt fully realize how gently to do the BA HA breathing. For my first full session this was pretty extreme but I made it through and felt good about that. Im about to start session 2, and will try to breath as gently as possible. Sometimes it seems difficult to get a full belly breath through the faster parts. Will continue to experiment. Didn't have any crazy emotional releases. .. But have found throughout the week that I remember to breath more...especially in frustrating situations...like with my adorable but sometimes rather ornery 3 yr old! :)

On the fastest part of the Ba Ha breathing, don't worry about getting the lungs full to the fullest extent. Just keep continually breathing in and out without pause, bringing in as much air as possible and as gently as possible.

As for "crazy emotional releases", not everyone has them. The bringing up of repressed emotions can take many forms, such as; weird and/or vivid dreams, forgotten memories coming up that you can, then, acknowledge and let go, etc.

And, yes, remembering to "breathe" while being a parent is most important! :D

Hi, I have a friend who developed an relatively unknown disease called Sarcoidosis which causes inflammation and effects your organs. From this disease, he contracted Diabetes and he is almost a couple of points away from kidney failure. He also always seems to put on a happy face and laughs away his sickness because it makes him feel better and he doesn't want to worry anybody else. I also feel he has a lot of repressed emotion (anger, sadness) that he had kept inside of him since childhood; he is super sensitive and he has said is afraid looking inside himself and "losing control". I am wondering if he did the Eiriu Eolas program, would it benefit him? I am afraid if he practiced the bioenergetic breathing and even The Warriors Breath, that if might be detrimental to his health because it releases pent up emotions, hurts, pains etc and I am thinking that might affect his health more? Or would it be better for his health?

If anybody has any input on this, it would be extremely helpful!

Wait for your friend to ask for your help, and after he asks, then tell him to read When the Body says No by Dr. Gabor Mate. Also, he start the EE program without beatha or warriors breath if that is a concern.

Thanks, hlat. He hasn't exactly outwardly said that he needed the help, but I think he prefers to suffer in silence. I am aware that I am supposed to help those who ask, and I do not think I have been doing with him; I guess because I feel he can do so much more for himself and it frustrates me. I have to learn to hold back and maybe to gently guide him and to offer assistance when asked. I did send him the EE link and he has been practicing pipe breathing, but he does it on his own and not with the video. If he does ask for my help, I will recommend "When the Body Says No" to him. I think I can borrow the book from my brother, who was also a patient of Dr. Mate. The only problem is, my friend has problems reading because he developed macular degeneration as a result of his sickness. I'm sure we can work that out when the time comes. Thanks again, hlat!

I sometimes suggest things for friends to try out and see how and if they work for them if we are talking about a particular issue they are facing. Suggestions are fine, and Rose7, it sounds that that's what you did with your friend. I agree with hlat that is better for him to skip BaHa but warriors breath, if he is not too weak for it, might do him some good, help him expel some pent-up emotions. But that he is practicing pipe-breathing on his own, it's a great first step! If he ever brings it up, or the conversation comes up to a point where you can bring up how much pipe-breathing and the POTS has helped you, I think it is a good idea. When I make suggestions like that I talk with (when I felt/had/experienced ....... and I tried so and so, I then felt .....). But yes, you always have to be aware and expecting that the people who need it the most probably won't listen. I have an aunt, she suffers various ailments, all rooted to being unable to say No. She knows I know some stuff, so for years she's been asking me what she can do about this and that. For years I would tell her. For years she wouldn't listen. One day I decided that I had to tell her No. :referee:

Hi Alana, thanks for your input :) I did just talk to my friend and he has agreed that he will attempt to read the book and I agree, it is a good first step to do the pipe breathing on his own. I am going to his place tomorrow to show him the video on how to do the 3 stage pipe breathing and the warriors breath. I think he will be okay doing the warriors breath; his energy is quite high for someone who is sick! Suggesting a dialogue on how the breathing is helping is a good idea, too. He has said that he does listen to me and he does read articles that I send to him, but I noticed he would never apply anything. He has recently told me since he's been sick, his brain is not how it used to be, so it goes through one ear and out the other. Sorry about your Aunt; very interesting her ailments are from no being able to say no. You did everything you can do! It's a shame she wouldn't listen. The friend that I am talking about gives and gives and gives, even when the person doesn't want his help. I think he feels resentment and sadness for not getting back from people. There might be an imbalance there within him as well. :(

Status update! I've been doing pipe-breathing as often as I can throughout the day while driving and working, and I feel very little anxiety and a high sense of groundedness. I listen to PotS every night, while I'm in bed. Combining the two usually causes me to wake up a good 45 minutes before my alarm, feeling more well rested than on the days before which I do not practice and go to bed earlier instead.

Bioenergetics, as has always been the case, is met with a massive burst of energy from my solar plexus. I feel like dancing, jumping, twirling, punching and kicking, anything vigorous. I laugh and sometimes sob or shout out loud. I thought that the large energy burst would have gone away after a couple months, as others have reported, but it still hasn't. :ohboy: I wonder if this may have to do with being on ADD medication for 7.5 years, and all the more spontaneous, dispersed energy is becoming less backed up? I have no idea.

The follow up symptoms are, with little variation, increased levels of anger the day after and increased levels of sadness up to 2 days after. Both of those feelings are... I don't want to say reduced... but it's more like they're put more in their place. The anger is much more contextualized and less maladaptive, and the sadness at least makes me feel like I have a heart, or something capable of deep feeling.

whitecoast said:
Status update! I've been doing pipe-breathing as often as I can throughout the day while driving and working, and I feel very little anxiety and a high sense of groundedness. I listen to PotS every night, while I'm in bed. Combining the two usually causes me to wake up a good 45 minutes before my alarm, feeling more well rested than on the days before which I do not practice and go to bed earlier instead.

Bioenergetics, as has always been the case, is met with a massive burst of energy from my solar plexus. I feel like dancing, jumping, twirling, punching and kicking, anything vigorous. I laugh and sometimes sob or shout out loud. I thought that the large energy burst would have gone away after a couple months, as others have reported, but it still hasn't. :ohboy: I wonder if this may have to do with being on ADD medication for 7.5 years, and all the more spontaneous, dispersed energy is becoming less backed up? I have no idea.

The follow up symptoms are, with little variation, increased levels of anger the day after and increased levels of sadness up to 2 days after. Both of those feelings are... I don't want to say reduced... but it's more like they're put more in their place. The anger is much more contextualized and less maladaptive, and the sadness at least makes me feel like I have a heart, or something capable of deep feeling.

Wow well done Whitecoast!

I wonder if this new energy you've been experiencing has to do with your spirit releasement therapy?? I had one a few weeks ago and feel the same way and have only been doing the meditation twice a week. Like you, I have a crazy amount of energy and lightness. Truly amazing because i don't think i have EVER felt this settled. one thing I am doing differently is yoga almost daily so maybe that's part of it too.
anyway there have been so many positive changes in the last few weeks that I feel like a completely different person and I love it. I have waited 6 full years for things to start to become more positive in my life and I'm currently celebrating.

hearing that a fellow forumite has had the same successes makes it even better!

congrats!

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I am no longer struggling with pipe breath. I can easily follow Laura's counts once again. It turns out I was simply smoking too much. After cutting down for a week or so I noticed increased lung capacity. So now that I can practice three stage breathing properly again, I expect my lung capacity to continue to increase.

Very pleased. :D

Wisteria said:
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I am no longer struggling with pipe breath. I can easily follow Laura's counts once again. It turns out I was simply smoking too much. After cutting down for a week or so I noticed increased lung capacity. So now that I can practice three stage breathing properly again, I expect my lung capacity to continue to increase.

Very pleased. :D

Hmmm, that's interesting. I've been smoking since I was 16 and I have no problems with lung capacity. What type of cigarettes do you smoke Wisteria? I am curious, because I noticed that commercial cigarettes would make a difference whereas the roll-your-own organic paper and tobacco that I've been smoking for the last decade don't cause me any problems at all.

Alana said:
Hmmm, that's interesting. I've been smoking since I was 16 and I have no problems with lung capacity. What type of cigarettes do you smoke Wisteria? I am curious, because I noticed that commercial cigarettes would make a difference whereas the roll-your-own organic paper and tobacco that I've been smoking for the last decade don't cause me any problems at all.
I smoke Manitou organic.

I've had asthma since birth, so I think I'm probably not meant to smoke as much as other people can. Although I must say that my asthma has been greatly improved since changing my diet, practicing EE and cutting down smoking. :)

Rx said:

I wonder if this new energy you've been experiencing has to do with your spirit releasement therapy?? I had one a few weeks ago and feel the same way and have only been doing the meditation twice a week. Like you, I have a crazy amount of energy and lightness. Truly amazing because i don't think i have EVER felt this settled. one thing I am doing differently is yoga almost daily so maybe that's part of it too.
anyway there have been so many positive changes in the last few weeks that I feel like a completely different person and I love it. I have waited 6 full years for things to start to become more positive in my life and I'm currently celebrating.

It's good to hear you've been doing yoga and had some positive results with SRT. I don't think SRT is the sole cause of this energy, since I've experienced the energy burst a long time before doing any SRT. But for awhile after a SRT session (with my yoga teacher, not Patrick and Heather) the amount of energy I felt was extremely, almost uncontrollably, high. A lot of excess muscular armoring was removed during it. I can regain a lot of that feeling with consistent breathing and exercise workouts, similar to what you've found.

I'm starting to wonder the energy release is solely a release of trauma-locked fight-or-flight energy, or if it could signify some type of kundalini-like energy blockage, where something within me should be sublimating or transforming this energy at a stage but isn't. Sort of like muscular armoring, only instead of locking down the energy it's supposed to be transforming it. I'm starting to get into territory where my knowledge is coming up short. Right now I'm reading Alexander Lowen's Bioenergetics, so I'm hoping to come across a few answers, or at least, a few clues. :lkj:

I think I know what you mean. Somehow there seems to be an imbalance where I have all of this energy accumulating inside me and the only way to feel balanced again with it is to excercise more or meditate more. Yesterday I decided to walk to the grocery store instead of drive ( I usually avoid walking too much because of injured feet) and noticed how the constant movement seemed to help. I have never felt like this before and I too am wondering what the reason is. Once upon a time my thyroid went wonky and I would swing from having incredible amounts of energy for a few days to sleeping for 14 hrs with naps- but this doesn't feel the same since there have been no lows ( unless you count the past 6 years ;)) so I'm thinking it's not that.

maybe a mod could weigh in and help with this dynamic if they've experienced something similar?

On a similar note, I had the best EE session ever yesterday! For some reason my audio cut out after one of the POTS and I continued it on my own instead- so much better! I was in that lovely, quiet, altered state for awhile and really enjoyed it- I hope my audio cuts out all the time now:) anyway, it was a big success- maybe due to the walk before hand?

Rx said:
On a similar note, I had the best EE session ever yesterday! For some reason my audio cut out after one of the POTS and I continued it on my own instead- so much better! I was in that lovely, quiet, altered state for awhile and really enjoyed it- I hope my audio cuts out all the time now:) anyway, it was a big success- maybe due to the walk before hand?

I normally always continue the prayer of the soul after Laura has finished reciting it. It actually runs through my head a lot during my day. Especially when I'm cycling to work or if I'm stressed out about something I'll just run it through a few times and everything calms right down and I can focus.

I find it interesting how the EE breathing seems to facilitate self remembering. On days when I do it several times, I often remember to remember myself while watching myself for a large part of the day.
I enjoy feeling like I'm conscious and aware.

Back
Top Bottom