Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Alchemie said:
This is normal.
Today my left arm was severely paralyzed and my hands were paralyzed for a time somewhat after I done EE (as if you were outside in the cold).

Does the paralysis happen after, or during, the beatha (Ba-Ha) part of the program? If so, try to remember to breathe gently. Do not do rapid, forceful breathing. Just gently breathe in during the "Ba" and keep gently breathing in until the "Ha" where you will gently breathe out. Even during the rapid phase. You do not have to fill your lungs during this part of the program - just gently breathe in and out without a pause in between the in and out breaths. Also, try to feel relaxed during this phase. Don't tense up, just stay relaxed.

I do usually get a little chilly when doing the beatha portion, especially in the cooler/colder months. But if you breathe gently during the beatha, it should take care of the paralysis-type feeling. At least, it did with me.

Remember, this is supposed to be a gentle breathing program (well, except for Warrior's Breath :)).

Alchemie said:
I prefer now to do the exercise when I am sitting. If you standing you can lose your balance, you have maybe the feeling to fall/collapse.

You can do this program in any position that you feel relaxed in. Sitting in a chair/sofa, or a recliner; lying down on the sofa, bed or floor. Whatever say you feel relaxed and comfortable. You don't need to stand or sit in a yoga-type position, especially if you are not relaxed while doing so.

Nienna said:
Does the paralysis happen after, or during, the beatha (Ba-Ha) part of the program? If so, try to remember to breathe gently. Do not do rapid, forceful breathing. Just gently breathe in during the "Ba" and keep gently breathing in until the "Ha" where you will gently breathe out.

Drinking plenty of water before EE will help too. :flowers:

I was reading the other day Chapter 70 from the Wave Series http://cassiopaea.org/2012/03/27/the-wave-chapter-70-you-take-the-high-road-and-ill-take-the-low-road-and-ill-be-in-scotland-afore-ye/, it got my attention last part, regarding the memory pathways of the amygdala and prefrontal cortex, and I came to this Ah! moment, although checking out images to locate where are both, it comes to my mind that perhaps is other thing.

Anyways, I will quote what I relate to what I thought it might relate to what I "feel" when I try to concentrate while doing EE program breathing and meditation, because I had "felt" it since I started it and, this difference of location is a reminder to shift thoughts from where I am them "feeling". Perhaps someone else had "feeling" similar?. I am adding commas because is a feeling as locating, where are my thoughts, not precisely regarding emotions, although they come in the same package and are related too. I had labeled them as being up or down, when I am focusing-concetrating in the breaths I tend to look forward (up) funny thing is looking forward being backwards, this forward is behind and up my eyes and when I "fall" (down) and enter to never ending thoughts having their own will, thoughts of the past and combined, cannot be that sure if they are just memories, that would be interesting to observe and register -- I lost concentration, I realize it and concentrate again to look up. I did EEBP this night with this knowledge I recently read, and it was more easy to concentrate and to locate them.

Although, I was checking out images of the location of the amygdala and frontal cortex and, it does not seem to me to be that far away one from the other, still I think I might be "feeling" that my thoughts go to one location memories having their own will -amygdala and concentrating in the now -prefrontal cortex. Or I would like to think that is what is being happening.

The Wave Chapter 70 said:
The important thing to understand is that these two memory systems are separate, even if they generally operate in tandem.

Patients in whome the hippocampal system is damaged have poor conscious memory. [There is a] famous case of a woman who had severe amnesia. Each day when her doctor walked into her room, he would have to reintroduce himself because the woman never remembered having seen him the day before. In fact, if he left the room for even just a few minutes, she wouldn’t remember him when he returned. One day the doctor walked in and extended his hand to shake hers. But this time he held a pin in the palm of his hand. When their hands met, hers was pricked and she withdrew it immediately. The doctor left the room, and when he came back a few minutes later … she wouldn’t shake hands with him. She had no conscious memory of being pricked by the doctor, but … her amygdala remembered [to] protect herself.
By contrast, patients whos hippocampus is intact but who have amygdala damage are unable to do this kind of pinprick learning, this kind of fear conditioning. They know all the details – that the doctor was in the room, that they were pricked – but they don’t withdraw their hand when the doctor tries to shake. … the amygdala and the hippocampus systems mediate different kinds of memory. Normally, they work together so that emotional memories … and memories of emotion … are fused in our conscious experience so immediately and so tightly that we cannot dissect them by introspection. …
A traumatic [or stressful] situation … has separate consequences for these two memory systems. When … stress hormones [are released] into the body, the hormones (especially cortisol) tend to inhibit the hippocampus, but they excite the amygdala. In other words, the amygdala will have no trouble forming an emotional, unconscious memories of the event – and, in fact, will form even stronger memories because of the stress hormones. But these same hormones can interfere with … and prevent formation of a conscious memory of the event. (pp. 140–142)

This has a strong bearing on our early childhood programming. It is thought that the hippocampus is not fully formed and functional in early childhood, and, as a result, we are unable to develop long-term, conscious memories before that time.

Yet, the amygdala is fully formed and functioning. And it is for this reason that abused children form very strong emotional memories that cause them to react strongly to many things, while having no access at all to any conscious understanding of why they feel as they do.

Unconscious emotional memories affect us all our lives, powerfully, and it is extremely difficult to work through them without conscious recall. The mere sight of anything that is associated with an early traumatic or stressful event can activate the emotional response, whether it is of a positive or negative nature.

More than this, these unconscious memories can generalize as we have already described in an earlier section.

Now, all animals have the fear-learning mechanism that enables them to survive. They can detect danger and respond to it appropriately. However, they do not have fearful feelings, the way we do when our basic “fear program” is activated in a brain which also has self-consciousness. Here, a new phenomenon occurs: subjective feelings.

Feelings of fear … are what happen in consciousness when the activity generated by the subcortical neural system involved in detecting danger is perceived … by certain systems in the cortex, especially the working memory system …

A conscious feeling of fearfulness is not necessary to trigger an emotional fear response. The low road can take care of this just fine. That is, we can produce responses to danger without being consciously afraid, as when we jump back up onto the curb to avoid being hit by a car. In a situation like that, as people so often say, we don’t “have time to be afraid.” … At other times we will first have some kind of response in our body and only later be able to name what the feeling was: anxious, sad or angry. In many cases, though, even if we can say that we feel anxious, we don’t know what generated those feelings. Indeed, we see this again and again in the various disorders of the fear system, such as panic attacks and phobias. …

Why is it so difficult to eliminate such fears? Once the amygdala is turned on, it can influence information processing in the cortex from the earliest stages onward, but only the later stages of cortical processing affect the amygdala. In other words, even though communication goes two ways, it’s not equally effective in both directions. In general, the projections from the amygdala to the cortex are much stronger than vice versa. If we think of the routes from the amygdala to the cortex as superhighways, then those from the cortex to the amygdala are narrow back roads. Once the emotions are activated, they can influence the entire working of the cortex, whereas the cortex is very inefficient at controlling the amygdala. So, using thinking to overcome emotion is like using a back road or side street from the cortex, while the amygdala is bombarding the cortex with input via the superhighways. (LeDoux 1999, 144–145)

But thinking with the cortex, it turns out, is basically a way to rewire your brain. It is like working on the back roads to develop them into the commanding interstate system of the brain they were meant to be. Research shows that changes in the brain are the result of learning experiences, and it seems that learning – acquiring knowledge – is the path of rewiring the synaptic connections in the brain.

The key to this is the fact that learning, hard thinking and pondering, requires that certain brain chemicals – usually acetylcholine – be squirted out at just the right place and in the right quantities. It is becoming clear that the molecules of memory are blind to the kind of memory – whether it is conscious or unconscious – that is occurring. What determines the quality of different kinds of memories is not the molecules that do the storing but the systems in which those molecules act. If they act in the hippocampus, the memories that get recorded are factual and accessible to our consciousness. If the chemicals are acting in the amygdala, they are emotional and mostly inaccessible to conscious awareness.

So, even if we don’t know what has triggered a given emotional response until after the fact, we do have an awareness that we are feeling a certain way. This awareness is called our “working memory.”

Working memory, or awareness, involves the frontal lobes of the brain just above and behind the eyebrows. This is what we use when we want to remember a new phone number just long enough to dial it, or to remember what we went to the kitchen for long enough to get it. It is also the place where many different kinds of information are held simultaneously while we are comparing one thing to another. We can have all kinds of things going on there at once. We can look at something and hold this image in working memory along with the memory of something we have pulled from long-term memory that we wish to compare it to. Sounds, smells, and even the ongoing physiological input from our system. And while we do this, we are considering: does it make us feel peaceful, happy, sad, afraid?

All of these elements come together simultaneously. However, this working memory can only do one thing at a time, even if that one task is multi-factored. A classic example is when you try to remember a new phone number and someone asks you a question before you get to dial it. The number flies out the window as you answer the question and you have to go back and look it up again.

It seems that this “working memory” or awareness is – if not consciousness itself – at least a window to it. It is in working memory that conscious feelings occur. In working memory, three things come together to create conscious feeling: present stimuli, activation of the amygdala in some way and activation of conscious memory in the hippocampus.

Present stimuli might include standing inside a church. This would arouse the amygdala so that the unconscious memories of the many experienced in church – the flooding of the receptors with neurochemicals; and this would activate conscious memory of the last time you were in church, or several memorable times will pass through the mind. When all these things come together in working memory, with the body now activated with chemistry and past history, this is perceived as “feeling.”

The same thing can occur in any kind of encounter as we have already described. Something that is present now will turn on the chemicals, which will arouse conscious memories that are related to those chemicals, and then the present moment will be interpreted in those same terms.

Since what we are looking at here is the fact that unconscious, chemical imprints have a much greater ability to influence thinking than vice versa, we realize that we are face to face with an age-old debate between reason and emotion, logic and passion, knowledge and faith.
When you are aroused emotionally, whether by fear or pleasure or sexual attraction, it is a cold hard fact that emotion dominates thinking.

Philosophers going all the way back to Plato have endlessly analyzed this fundamental schism. The body fills us with passions and desires and fears and fancies and foolishness and fairy tales made up to justify these chemical reactions. Plato opined that the true philosopher was one who could master his emotions by the use of reason. Socrates said, “Know thyself,” by which he meant that we had to understand our emotions in order to be able to control them.

The vast majority of philosophers and philosophical writers throughout man’s recorded history have believed that in order to be truly human – as opposed to just an animal – we must activate reason. Descartes didn’t say, “I feel, therefore I am.” Thinking seems to be the distinctly human thing that humans do which separates them from animals. But, as Theodore Dreiser said, “Our civilization is still in the middle stage, scarcely beast in that it is no longer guided by instinct, scarcely human in that it is not yet wholly guided by reason.”
The prime example of this is, of course, Star Trek’s Dr. Spock. Captain Ahab, the hero of Melville’s Moby Dick was just the opposite. Melville wrote: “Ahab never thinks, he just feels, feels, feels.” Perhaps the mindless pursuit of a white whale is a good metaphor for the result of living by emotion.

However, I am not advocating domination of cognition; merely balance. There is, at present, such an imbalance between the amygdala’s input to the cortex and the very sparse control of the cortex over the amygdala. Even though thoughts can readily trigger emotions by activating the amygdala, it is very difficult to willfully turn off emotions.

As it happens, the cortical connections to the amygdala are actually far greater in primates than in other animals. It seems that more balanced cortical pathways are the evolutionary trend. It is my opinion that we will develop them or perish. A more harmonious integration of emotion and thinking would allow us to both know our true feelings, and why we have them, and to be able to use them more effectively.

The key is in learning. Knowledge protects. And if you haven’t already begun to put the pieces of the puzzle together with the advantages of expanding and working the frontal cortex, perhaps what we are going to look at next will finally make the whole thing clear.

Let’s take a walk into the back roads of the frontal cortex.

Attachments

• google images.jpg
    google images.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 258
Gawan said:
Hi nyvf5 sorry to hear that you have some difficulties, how long are you practicing EE already and did you do the entire program daily?

Hi Gawan
Did not do it for some 5 weeks now
whin I did it,it was entire program,it was not daily(some every 5th day or so).

Pashalis said:
nyvf5 said:
Somehow the experience I ve made with EE was not that good.
there was some quite strange Thing: Everyday after practicing EE,people were behaving very aggressively towards me. At the beginning,I thought it maybe was coincidence,but after some more practicing,I noticed it.
I dont know why,but really every time after I did practice it,people were pretty aggressive towards me and sometime really raging at me(to destroy me?)

Can you maybe describe in more detail such a situation? How did the aggression manifest and how did they an you yourself react?

Was just Walking on the streets through City, suddenly some other passersby shouting directly in my face,harssing me(it came out of the blue) and make agressive gestures towards me(like tiger crawls),actually wanted to hit me,but I was walking to fast
as in very most cases,my reaction was to ignore and walk on(but walking much faster then.)

This was just one of hundreds of examples,since it happens such often to me.

However after I did EE, These attacks were more intense than ever,and I could really feel the hate towards me.
However there seems to be a pattern in These attacks on me, since its mainly about attacking me in a more or less direct way,they are all 100% directly attacks(trying to punch me in the face,screaming in such a way to me,harassing me in such a way,so that I really can feel their infinite hate on me)
Since I dont know why they have this infinite hate on me its a very unsettling situation for me.

Alchemie said:
nyvf5 said:
Somehow the experience I ve made with EE was not that good.
there was some quite strange Thing: Everyday after practicing EE,people were behaving very aggressively towards me. At the beginning,I thought it maybe was coincidence,but after some more practicing,I noticed it.
I dont know why,but really every time after I did practice it,people were pretty aggressive towards me and sometime really raging at me(to destroy me?)
So because of this "effects" it made me more careful before practicing again.

Also the practicing itself was a bit disappointing to me(after reading so much good about it)
Even pipe breathing doesnt really calm me down
And for the prayer of the Soul,it seems to have just no effect on me.
But Hearing that there are such many people who get actually very good with it makes me hopeful.
Kinda weird,nothing seems to have positive effect on me
ketogenic diet-no health benefit on me
tobacco smoking-no health benefits on me
Little scratches on my Skin do not heal until several weeks(actually I get damn scars fom them also,you wont believe it),and when I hurt myself on something theres much more bleeding than it should be.
Rampant caries that wont stop,gut issues wont stop,obstipation wont stop and much other illnesse that wont heal so far. :shock:

Some thoughts to analyze the situation:

- Is your perception changed? Perhaps your human environment has long been so, you take it just now true intense?
I speak from personal experience. The traumatized person can adapt to many things, extend the stimulus boundary, to survive.

- How long do you have your physical sufferings? How long do you the diet?
A persistent suffering of me got away after about 8 months.
Did you check your body with other healers (naturopath, osteopath,etc.), in addition to the mainstream academic medicine?

I hope that helps a little.

Thanks

Thats quite a possibility,didnt think of it yet,since my human environment really has long been so.

In this area/region where I have to live,most of them are very authoritarian followers(at least thats how I see it)
They(including my family) hate to hear anything that goes against mainstream
They hate truth
They dont even know what is "gluten-free",asking if they have some glutenfree in store,they watching me as if Im an alien.
People around me including My family are just anti-supportive in case of ketogenic diet,they say:"what,you are eating no bread and less carb,are you crazy,how dumb you are!"
when I tell them about all the lies of mainstream/Propaganda,they get Very angry at me,I have to watch out.

since some 4-5 years there has been negatively changes with my health and physical conditions in general and there seems to be no way out of this sick condition.
Also I simply do not have not the strength,the guts to hold on ketogenic diet more than one month,since it requires so much strength.

@nyvf5
I have sincere sympathy with you. I had to live in a similar situation before I got a healthy distance from such humans in private life.
You need to create a retreat, for example a little piece of paradise in your apartment. This is important so that you have the power to determine your diet yourselves and to be able to heal mentally.
If you already live outside the family, then you remember that it is your life and not that of your family members. You live for yourselves!

They dont even know what is "gluten-free",asking if they have some glutenfree in store,they watching me as if Im an alien.

In this scheme are many thinking, who want to change their gluten-food. I have also looked out to gluten-free products. But this in organic quality too expensive and especially mostly unnecessary.
Here is a start-guide, how you could be full up with little money all day:
morning:
Fry some bacon and scrambled eggs in butter.
lunch:
A variable vegetables and meat meal (prepare with butter or olive oil). Otherwise, homemade bone broth is very filling and costs at our butcher 1 euro a kilo, or so. it is very time-consuming, it must simmer on low heat for several hours. The best way could be, if you prepare and stock in refrigerator.
In the evening:
Prepare a shake.
If you're a grown man, you can eg start with 100g butter (increase later), crack an raw organic egg, might add a organic banana, and give some water- the whole then mix well (I do it with a electric mixer).

Start small, and increase it slowly to higher level. The stone will guaranteed roll:
-A Safe retreat place
- Do the diet disciplined
- Listen to relaxing music
- Practice EE
- Practicing a favorite sport-type
-Also, I recommend you from heart more to deal with trauma- work and psychology

Do not give up.
You are on the right track. That would be sad if a valuable person goes down.

edit Addition: this thread maybe could be important
"KETO. PLS help. Severe leg cramps for 4 days in a row"
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=36472.msg531533;boardseen#new

Alchemie said:
@nyvf5
I have sincere sympathy with you. I had to live in a similar situation before I got a healthy distance from such humans in private life.
You need to create a retreat, for example a little piece of paradise in your apartment. This is important so that you have the power to determine your diet yourselves and to be able to heal mentally.
If you already live outside the family, then you remember that it is your life and not that of your family members. You live for yourselves!

In this scheme are many thinking, who want to change their gluten-food. I have also looked out to gluten-free products. But this in organic quality too expensive and especially mostly unnecessary.
Here is a start-guide, how you could be full up with little money all day:
morning:
Fry some bacon and scrambled eggs in butter.
lunch:
A variable vegetables and meat meal (prepare with butter or olive oil). Otherwise, homemade bone broth is very filling and costs at our butcher 1 euro a kilo, or so. it is very time-consuming, it must simmer on low heat for several hours. The best way could be, if you prepare and stock in refrigerator.
In the evening:
Prepare a shake.
If you're a grown man, you can eg start with 100g butter (increase later), crack an raw organic egg, might add a organic banana, and give some water- the whole then mix well (I do it with a electric mixer).

Start small, and increase it slowly to higher level. The stone will guaranteed roll:
-A Safe retreat place
- Do the diet disciplined
- Listen to relaxing music
- Practice EE
- Practicing a favorite sport-type
-Also, I recommend you from heart more to deal with trauma- work and psychology

Do not give up.
You are on the right track. That would be sad if a valuable person goes down.

edit Addition: this thread maybe could be important
"KETO. PLS help. Severe leg cramps for 4 days in a row"
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=36472.msg531533;boardseen#new

Thanks much for your suggestions and advices
As for the safe retreat place,currently this might not be possible.Since some 4 years now, I have to live in some apartment-sharing community for men,where its not even allowed to lock the door/room.
Its not even allowed to store food there or to store anything.
Its a bit much controlled there.
As for my roomate this situation is actually good for him he says,he finds it good,he seems to be quite the opposite than me, also I guess hes an authoritarian follower like most people living in this area.
When I just try to say a bit about how screwed up this situation is,he is angry and calls me pessimist and stuff like that. Furthermore he is very in need of attention it seems to me.If there is a day I did not speak with him(thus not giving him a listen of his lamenting and nonsense verbiage) he is angry and he feels offended.
Usually when I come home from work,he left the kitchen more or less chaotic,so have to clean up first before cooking.
While cooking I have to listen to his mercyless nonsense.
Also I caught him sometimes digging in my garbage can.
For me he is a bit of a plague,also I feel menthally whipped. Sometimes makes me wonder if he is an agent?
"Thank god" we have separated rooms at least.
The apartment itself is very sordid too.
Whole area there is just screwed up,when walking with grocery bag,they looking jealously and think its rich.
When i get out to go for a walk,theres pretty much every time I get harrassed by passersby on the sidewalk.
Such intolerant and insolent people in villages of this area,they kind of seeing it if somebody is not living some hundred years already there.
Also there is no doctor to trust in, makes me sick.

The thread about cramps is interesting indeed,thanks.

Since some 4 years now, I have to live in some apartment-sharing community for men...

Would you like to open a thread in "The Work" section? Then you can discuss your living situation in more detail.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html

Sometimes makes me wonder if he is an agent?

I do not think it is an Agent. A traumatized person being similiar as you.

Such intolerant and insolent people in villages of this area,they kind of seeing it if somebody is not living some hundred years already there.

I know the frustration. This is the initial phase, when you "open your eyes" slowly.
Depression and dissatisfaction shows you that destructiveness was dammed in your life and you want to change it. That is really hard work--are you ready to do this? Please answer in a new thread in "the work" section.

Alchemie said:
Since some 4 years now, I have to live in some apartment-sharing community for men...

Would you like to open a thread in "The Work" section? Then you can discuss your living situation in more detail.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html

Sometimes makes me wonder if he is an agent?

I do not think it is an Agent. A traumatized person being similiar as you.

I know the frustration. This is the initial phase, when you "open your eyes" slowly.
Depression and dissatisfaction shows you that destructiveness was dammed in your life and you want to change it. That is really hard work--are you ready to do this? Please answer in a new thread in "the work" section.

Thanks for advice
I will do so

Had my first full EE experience yesterday, and thought I could share it with you.
A bit of background first: I'm pretty much familiar with breathing techniques since I practise yoga since my teens. My mom was a meditation instructor, she guided me through a meditation session once when I was 14, but she freaked out and interrupted the whole thing when I experienced a lot of shaking. The actual shaking part didn't feel bad,but the whole event got me quite scared, so guided meditation meant "diving into the potentially dangerous unknown" for years until yesterday. I did practice the pipe breathing a lot before as it helps me fall asleep and calm down in stressful situations.
Yesterday I had the will and the time so I did it and got quite impressed at the results as, being the first full practice, didn't expect anything to happen. It felt great. Yes, I cried during half of the prayer and zoned out during the beatha, but it was still quite an experience. I could feel something is starting to heal, and that's inspiring. There is something about Laura's voice that's comforting and soothing, and somehow leads me through the negative emotions without judgement. I know it's been only one practice, but it feels as if her voice during the prayer is also saying "you have to go through this and it's ok, you can do that", and I surprised myself smiling after the crying part, and it was funny because my regular self would judge that as being bipolar, but it didn't happened. There wasn't any judgement, only relief.

Hi Skycsil!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm glad that EE has allowed you to relief some emotions in a calm and safe way.

As you can see, we can feel the effects at the first time, and I'm sure it will get even better by doing it regularly, so keep it going! :)

:flowers:

hey everyone

i had a look at the EE guidelines and i felt like i wanted to share my experience last night.

Lately when I'm doing EE, my third eye feels like its a pulsing energy point. This is during the meditation btw. I read the guidelines and will try and focus on this when it happens again. But last night, when my 3rd eye started hurting, it crept all the way down to the tip of my nose. So the entire cartilage ( top line) of my nose really hurt. But it wasn't at all about my nose being dry. Just really sore. Thought i had a blood nose at one point but it didn't go that far.

Just wanted to share this. Also Im a little unsure about one experience i had during the night when i awoke and i felt like my consciousness was being pulled out of my body. It freaked me out hardcore and i just thought about one of those abduction stories i heard and focused on staying where i was. This happened for a maybe a whole minute as i felt like i had to fight to stay in my body. I know this wasn't a dream because i was fairly freaked out. opened my eyes etc. Was a very intense experience. My main concern is that in these moments, i should be going with the flow but at the same time i have read many of these abduction stories and didn't want to let go. Im thinking perhaps i need to let go next time. That i shoudltn be shutting these experiences down. Just wondering if i can get some opinions on this. I couldn't find anything in the EE guildelines that described the pain on my nose and the pulling of my consciousness.

I hope this isn't the wrong place to post this as well. Just thought I'm better of sharing and asking then over thinking it :)

thanks everyone!

Yas said:
Hi Skycsil!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm glad that EE has allowed you to relief some emotions in a calm and safe way.

As you can see, we can feel the effects at the first time, and I'm sure it will get even better by doing it regularly, so keep it going! :)

:flowers:

Thanks Yas! It's quite an experience indeed!

[quote author=wand3rer]Just wanted to share this. Also Im a little unsure about one experience i had during the night when i awoke and i felt like my consciousness was being pulled out of my body. It freaked me out hardcore and i just thought about one of those abduction stories i heard and focused on staying where i was. This happened for a maybe a whole minute as i felt like i had to fight to stay in my body. I know this wasn't a dream because i was fairly freaked out. opened my eyes etc. Was a very intense experience. My main concern is that in these moments, i should be going with the flow but at the same time i have read many of these abduction stories and didn't want to let go. Im thinking perhaps i need to let go next time. That i shoudltn be shutting these experiences down. Just wondering if i can get some opinions on this. I couldn't find anything in the EE guildelines that described the pain on my nose and the pulling of my consciousness. [/quote]

Not sure if it can help, but last night after practising EE I had some nightmares or scary experiences during sleep. Unfortunately I have no memory at all of it, but my partner reported that I gasped loudly enough to awake him about 5 times during the night. All I can remember is him waking me up by asking "are you OK?" in a worried tone.
Maybe we continue processing scary bits of past trauma during sleep?

wand3rer said:
hey everyone

i had a look at the EE guidelines and i felt like i wanted to share my experience last night.

Lately when I'm doing EE, my third eye feels like its a pulsing energy point. This is during the meditation btw. I read the guidelines and will try and focus on this when it happens again. But last night, when my 3rd eye started hurting, it crept all the way down to the tip of my nose. So the entire cartilage ( top line) of my nose really hurt. But it wasn't at all about my nose being dry. Just really sore. Thought i had a blood nose at one point but it didn't go that far.

Just wanted to share this. Also Im a little unsure about one experience i had during the night when i awoke and i felt like my consciousness was being pulled out of my body. It freaked me out hardcore and i just thought about one of those abduction stories i heard and focused on staying where i was. This happened for a maybe a whole minute as i felt like i had to fight to stay in my body. I know this wasn't a dream because i was fairly freaked out. opened my eyes etc. Was a very intense experience. My main concern is that in these moments, i should be going with the flow but at the same time i have read many of these abduction stories and didn't want to let go. Im thinking perhaps i need to let go next time. That i shoudltn be shutting these experiences down. Just wondering if i can get some opinions on this. I couldn't find anything in the EE guildelines that described the pain on my nose and the pulling of my consciousness.

I hope this isn't the wrong place to post this as well. Just thought I'm better of sharing and asking then over thinking it :)

thanks everyone!

Some five years ago, when I started doing breathing exercises, I experienced something similar to what you describe. You can read about in the thread I started back then HERE.

In short, I don't think it's a good idea to "let go" or "give in". These OBE:s don't necessarily have anything to do with aliens and such. I would say, that it's more likely that there's a struggle going on inside of you - sort of the "new you" that would like to follow a different life path and values VS the "old you" who would like to maintain the old ways. The breathing could also stir up old suppressed emotions, creating all sorts of sensations.

For me, these experiences went on for 2-3 weeks. After the advice I got int the thread I linked to above, I decided to fight this "pulling" with all I could muster. After a few "victories" the whole thing stopped, never to return again.

Back
Top Bottom