would there be interest in an article on short sales, foreclosures, etc.?

domi

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I was wondering if it would be helpful to readers in the US of sott.net and this forum for me to write an article on short sales, loan modification, foreclosure, etc.
It seems that people don't know what their options are and how it all works.

Maybe people interested could just reply to this post so I can get an idea?

Dominique

YES! YES! YES!

I do not own a home myself, but I have several close friends for whom things are headed in a downward direction. I have been passing along information to them every time I come across something that seems relevant.

To have it all broken down in really simple terms, would be a great help!!!

Plus ... I want to learn as much as I can.

Thank you for offering this, Domi.

Yeah, their would definitely be interest in the States on this subject. Also, for future possibilities it's always good to write about hot topics because that brings in a lot of new readers. It's good to follow what is hot on the net for this - http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends.

Heimdallr said:
Also, for future possibilities it's always good to write about hot topics because that brings in a lot of new readers.

Yes, I have been thinking a lot about that and I can see how that would bring new readers to sott.net.

Ok guys and gals,

I have been thinking about how to get started on this and most likely I will start with a series of articles on short sales since I know the most about them versus for example loan modifications.
By splitting things up in multiple articles instead of a monolithic piece I am thinking it will allow for better absorption of information and I can cover things by subtopic.
Overall topic will be short sales and subtopics will include:
- what is a short sale
- short sale versus foreclosure
- credit score and reporting
- what goes into a short sale negotiation
- types of loans
- state laws
- tax implications
- real estate side of short sale
- etc

I will consider any requests as well. Maybe something is burning on your mind because you or a loved one is going through something and you want answers soon. Let me know and I'll see how I can help.

The information I will provide will be flavored with a California perspective, but much of it will apply to short sales anywhere in the US.

Hopefully I will provide some answers for you out there and who knows it will unlock my brain to contribute more on the forum with respect to the Work.

Thanks Domi.... I like the way you are laying things out.

I think if I were going to add anything... I would ask about the contracts. When the average person goes to sign a contract as a seller or as a buyer or in a re-negotiation. What are some common pitfalls / things to look out for / reasons not to sign on the dotted line. Not everyone understands the consequences of what they are agreeing to. And I am sure there are common themes for how to screw the average Jo/anna.

Lauranimal said:
I think if I were going to add anything... I would ask about the contracts. When the average person goes to sign a contract as a seller or as a buyer or in a re-negotiation. What are some common pitfalls / things to look out for / reasons not to sign on the dotted line. Not everyone understands the consequences of what they are agreeing to. And I am sure there are common themes for how to screw the average Jo/anna.

I am trying to understand: did you want me to talk in general about real estate contracts and rights/duties of sellers/buyers?
I will only be able to speak from a California point of view on this. Real estate is state regulated and because of it quite specific. In fact real estate is very much local. For example real estate transactions in the city of San Francisco are conducted with a specific contract and its own particular "standard of care". Some coastal communities have water rights related issues, etc.

ahhh... I understand. Thank you.

I just figured there was a pantheon of dirty tricks that bankers/brokers have up their sleeve to deceive people into signing contracts that are, in the long term, not in their interest. I thought there might be some ideas for spotting when someone is attempting to take advantage.

I am siked to read through your series of articles!

Lauranimal said:
I just figured there was a pantheon of dirty tricks that bankers/brokers have up their sleeve to deceive people into signing contracts that are, in the long term, not in their interest. I thought there might be some ideas for spotting when someone is attempting to take advantage.

Right of the topic of my head: the moment somebody mentions giving them conditional or full power of attorney, signing an option contract, paying of certain fees upfront then I would be suspicious.

Lauranimal said:
I am siked to read through your series of articles!

If you don't want to wait, you might want to check out a website run by some short sale colleagues that I network with in San Diego: _http://www.sandiegohousingsolutions.com/index.html

They have very complete information, but it can be a little overwhelming at times because the data is condensed.

Back
Top Bottom