About maintaining/cleansing male endocrine system

Steve M.

Jedi Master
Hi All,

I'm on a mission here, so please, bare with me. 8^D

There was a thyroid product on a list I was recently exposed to (darndest thing that list) and I'm curious if anyone could direct me toward info about it (not the list, the thyroid product, you silly head), or if it is sex specific ("for females only":gasp) LOL! "?"

Lately I've had occasional (a couple days for a few seconds here and there and then a couple weeks of nothing, then back on again) tingling in my left arm and my left thyroid in my neck has been bothersome on occasions, in the area of my tonsil/adenoid. I might not have the specific name right but it's in my neck left side below my ear behind my jaw area (same side as occasional arm tingle). It might be dehydration I've been told by a nutritionist, but the person never mentioned a thyroid product, so I've been curious.

Sorry for the opener, just had some very funny thing go through my head, .. k, well I cought the giggles.

When I was between 8-12 years old, there was a time when that area below the ear behind the jaw part of my neck swelled up and hurt and I could actually use my thumb to pull something from
around behind my cheekbone as if it were a really swollen glandular.. thing. Not sure if that had to
do with growing toward puberty or if I had gotten into some heavy toxins or what. I was a late bloomer though and it was many years before puberty. Anyhow, just a product I was curious about and wanted to get more information on (to be more specific/direct 8O ).

Also I'm curious about Coenzyme Q10 has anyone gained a noticeable affect from it? I'm just getting started with learning/detoxing things. I notice the FIR blanket, dehydration affects, looseness in terms of feeling more agile.. not to go into particulars (heh, but to go into particulars) vitamins too much but B-Complex really seems to be up there with coffee, as far as a longevity of mental clarity and alertness, at least from my experience.

I intend to research it further, but hoped if there are some who know of any links within the forum or are experienced/knowledgeable I'd be interested in some schoolin.' If any of my humor came across as cross, I sincerely apologize. There was nothing in my conscious to intend anything racial or impaired in any way. It's been a very, very different day. -G'nite

-Salutes!

Hi Balberon,

I think you are referring to Thyroid Formula by Super Smart company: _http://www.super-smart.eu/article.pl?id=0513&lang=en&fromid=GG132&gclid=CL7Ol9icoZ8CFR9o4wodF1rtIQ The same ingredients can be found in other thyroid support supplements and those with thyroid imbalances (low function) might benefit from it, regardless of the gender. The quizzes and symptoms checklist (like in the Ultra Mind Solution), can give you an idea if you have thyroid problems or not. Always check the ingredients first, as some herbs and/or ingredients might not be friendly.

What you had when you were a kid, was probably due to an infection and inflammation of the local glands or lymph nodes. Here is the location of the thyroid gland FWIW: _http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/8966.htm

The tingling of your neck area and arm could be also something else and not necessarily your thyroid. For example, are you drinking lots of water and replacing minerals after doing your sauna? Minerals help keep your nerves balanced. It could also be a neck problem, but more of the articular type. Perhaps a chiropractor could check on this. Make sure to clear up the cause of this, as it really shouldn't be happening. You remember when did it started? Do you remember anything in particular that might had happened when the symptoms started?

The CoQ10 as an antioxidant can do good things to your system that might not be that obvious in terms of things you can notice right away. Also, it is really a combination of factors including the diet, some supplements and the detox in general. Like a teamwork. But, I wanted to add here some recent discussions about CoQ10. For instance the following from Total Health Breakthroughs:

Make Sure You Take the Best Form of This Vital Anti-Aging Nutrient

By Al Sears, MD

Every cell in your body depends on it for powerful antioxidant defense and energy. Hard-healthy heart working organs like your heart, kidneys, and lungs depend on it to function properly. Unfortunately, as you age, your levels of it decrease and your body doesn't get as much as it needs to maintain optimal health and vitality.

I am talking about CoQ10, one of the most powerful anti-aging nutrients your body uses. Supplementing your body's reserves is critical for your health.

But when it comes to getting the best possible benefits from CoQ10, it's not how much you take that matters, it's how much that's actually absorbed.

Ordinarily CoQ10 comes in the form of ubiquinone. Some doctors know that it has many health benefits. What they don't always know is that in order for your body to be able to use and absorb the ubiquinone CoQ10, it first has to reduce it to its metabolite form of ubiquinol.

In fact, the best way to consume it is in the ready-to-use ubiquinol form. It used to be difficult to put ubiquinol into supplement form, but that is no longer true.

A trial study showed that people who supplemented with just 150 mg a day of ubiquinol gained 3.84 mcg/mL of CoQ10 in their blood.1 It requires 8 times more of the old ubiquinone CoQ10 to get the same levels.2,3 So, your body gets more of what it needs in smaller doses.

Ubiquinol also remains in the bloodstream far longer than ubiquinone. In fact, it leaves 66% more CoQ10 in your bloodstream after 24 hours.4

What's also great about this new ubiquinol form is you can take it anytime. All you need is a little water. It is able to bond to water, making it more readily absorbable. In contrast, you have to take the ubiquinone form with food or fat (i.e. fish oil/cod liver oil) for it to breakdown and absorb into your bloodstream.

Here are some important things you want to keep in mind to make sure you get the best source of CoQ10.

* When choosing a supplement, you of course want it to be the newer form of CoQ10 in ubiquinol form. Make sure it's made from the company Kaneka. They developed it, and they are the only company making it right now. We've arranged with Kaneka to private label their ubiquinol formula. To try it, go here now.
* The supplement for the new form of CoQ10 only comes in soft gel form. The older form comes in powder, tablets, even liquid form, and may or may not have "ubiquinone" on the label.
* For the anti-aging benefits, 50 mg of the ubiquinol CoQ10 daily is sufficient, which is what I recommend to my patients. But for therapeutic purposes, I will often prescribe up to 150 mg daily.
* You can also get a little help from your diet. One of the best sources of CoQ10 is red meat, especially organ meat. But you want to choose grass-fed beef because it's healthier for you -- it has more omega-3s, and vitamins A and E than commercial grain fed beef, and doesn't have hormones or antibiotics.

You also want to make sure that you don't overcook your grass-fed beef because it destroys the CoQ10. So don't be afraid to enjoy a juicy steak that's red in the middle.

To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD

References

1. Kaneka Corporation study, 2007.
2. Sultz, C. et al. Arch Neurol. 2002 Oct; 59(10):1541-50.
3. Kurowska, E. et al. ".Ann Nutr & Metab. 2003;47:16-21.
4. Kaneka Corporation study, 2007

So it seems that standard supplement forms of CoQ10 have trouble in raising the CoQ10 levels in the body, which is why sometimes high doses are needed, or CoQ10 in ubiquinol form is preferred.

The other thing is that coffee is not good in the detox diet, it is good only when it is done as an enema. See for instance _http://coffee-enemas.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps. Others might have other useful information.

Hi Psyche,

Lymph nodes! Doh! Talk about limited vocabulary. I did understand that the thyroid was in the front part of the throat. In looking over mentions on the forum about Q10 I saw some references to candida as well. Following your link to another I caught this about swollen Lymph Nodes:

A lymph node is a small, round or bean-shaped cluster of cells covered by a capsule of connective tissue. The cells are a combination of lymphocytes — which produce protein particles that capture invaders, such as viruses — and macrophages, which break down the captured material. Lymphocytes and macrophages filter your lymphatic fluid as it travels through your body and protect you by destroying invaders.

Lymph nodes occur in groups, and each group drains a specific area of your body. The lymph nodes that most frequently swell are in your neck, under your chin, in your armpits and in your groin. The site of the swollen lymph nodes may help identify the underlying cause.

The most common cause of swollen lymph nodes is an infection, particularly a viral infection, such as the common cold. However, there are other types of infection, including parasitic and bacterial, and other possible swollen lymph node causes. _http://www.mayoclinic.com/print/swollen-lymph-nodes/DS00880/METHOD=print&DSECTION=all

Which followed through with references to common, other -infections and immune system disorders and forms of cancer that can be caused by issues with Lymph Nodes.

I'm going to start adding more water to my regimen so far as detoxing and try the Q10 product I have on hand. It's by Natural factors and implies it's an "Enhanced Absorption Formula."

Your reply certainly helps. I should have made more time for a reply and hope this isn't too this way and that, got a bit to do today.

Edit: Is there anything specific you know of that is good for helping increase and clear out lymph nodes?

I found something in the "Candida - The silent Epidemic" post Laura started
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9796.msg71374#msg71374
that "might" refer to what I'm going through, that you posted a link/info from.

Psyche commented an article:
It takes the body some time to clear out the toxins released by dead and dying yeast cells, especially if a huge number have died at one time. (Remember too that the dead yeast cells themselves also have to be eliminated.) In the meantime, the released toxins are in your bloodstream and can strain the eliminative capacities of the liver, kidneys, colon and lymph as they make their way out of the body, producing uncomfortable symptoms.

Feeling worse before you feel better
Generally speaking, most folks experience die-off as an exaggeration of their existing Candida-related symptoms or as a worsening of chronic health conditions.

This is really interesting cause my recurring problem started ever since I started detoxing. Maybe my lymph node on that side is a weakened area due to the time when I was a child. I'm still trying to figure out the timing as to what was going on in my life when the lymph node inflammation started up. Thanks for the help Psyche in getting me going in a new direction of understanding on this series of subjects. :flowers:

Keep us updated about the tingling sensations in your arm/neck. And also about your inflammation, it should get better. :)

Hi Psyche,

Well the last week I've been concentrating on getting my detox on. I failed miserably over the weekend (homemade burger and the next night pizza), but have done well otherwise. At this point I seem to be getting tingling when I use Magnesium citrate. I used it on Wednesday and Thursday I got the tingles. I'm not yet absolutely convinced it is this form of magnesium but it does seem thus far to be the culprit. Still experimenting though.

I've been doing the FIR blanket I have and increased my usage to 3-4 times a week vs. maybe once a week I'd done for the past few months. With that I've also increased my time in it by about 15 minutes.

My water intake is up about 200% of what it was a couple of weeks ago and I'm actually developing a taste for it, and my soda intake has thus far decreased by at/around 300%. Basically I'm doing about 22 oz. (591ml) vs. a 2 liter (often a little more) a day. I want to get off the crap completely but I'm waiting for the coffee ingestion to end. I'm still drinking 1 cup a day as I have been for a couple of months now, though up until about a week ago there were still occasional 2 cup days.

So now, what is for me a little embarrassing. I went to the link you provided in reply #1.. yes the enima. And I went back to it, discussed it a few times with my wife and her (my best friends wife) best friend. Anyhow I just went through it. Of course I've had several ups and downs over the last week or two. Sometimes I just want to quit cause I feel bad, uncomfortable and at times emotionally wobbly. Right now outside of feeling semi-bloated/gassy, I feel really energized for the first time in about a week (the last week I've been nose to the grind stone detoxing, outside of the failing weekend). Of course I'm only getting started but I think I'm going to be able to get more comfortable with the change in my eating habits.

Right now my wife has decided she is going to try the coffee idea as well.

My neck has gotten a bit better and I've even forgotten about it a couple of days before the weekend. But after the weekend, soda, burger and pizza it's back to feeling slightly tender and even clicks once when I push on it, like cracking a knuckle, but my ear is right there- something I noticed some time ago.

Anyhow I feel like (after the enema) I'm catching a second wind (only an hour after the fact, so maybe to soon to say) so far as my energy levels. Having my wife around to interact with and exchange feedback etc.. is nice since she is very much into diet and nutrition. She recently had some questions and I had hoped to get her to come to the forum but nothing ever came of it. I'd like to say thanks to you and to another person who sort of squared me up with a size 13 :scared: to get me going further on actually getting better vs. just sustaining my average/poor health and energy levels.

Oh and a question. Is it not good to put yourself head and all into the FIR blanket? It seemed to me there was something about it, but I don't remember specifically. Really I'm just trying to get more of my neck in there, to the jaw line, to help with the lymph node issue.

1,000 THANKS! :flowers:

I'm happy to hear about your progress and hope that soon the toxic foods will be out of your system. It can really make you feel like a different person. Hopefully the inflammation in your neck and the tingles will ameliorate with the change of diet and proper supplementation with vitamins and minerals.

As for the FIR blanket, it is a good idea to cover your neck. I do remember watching a video and reading about remarkable effects of FIR in the brain of a patient with Alzheimer or dementia, either here or sott.net, or some website. [checking...] Oh yes, this seems to be related:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-510172/The-helmet-turn-symptoms-Alzheimers.html

The helmet that could turn back the symptoms of Alzheimer's

By DAVID DERBYSHIRE

Last updated at 10:47 25 January 2008

An experimental helmet which scientists say could reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease within weeks of being used is to be tried out on patients.

The strange-looking headgear - which has to be worn for ten minutes every day - bathes the brain with infra-red light and stimulates the growth of brain cells.

Its creators believe it could reverse the symptoms of dementia - such as memory loss and anxiety - after only four weeks.

Alzheimer's disease charities last night described the treatment as "potentially life- changing" - but stressed that the research was still at the very early stages.

Around 700,000 Britons have dementia, with around 500,000 suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

The helmet is the creation of Dr Gordon Dougal, a director of Virulite, a medical research company based in County Durham.

It follows a study at the University of Sunderland which found infra-red light can reverse memory loss in mice.

Dr Dougal claims that only ten minutes under the hat a day is enough to have an effect.

"Currently all you can do with dementia is to slow down the rate of decay - this new process will not only stop that rate of decay but partially reverse it," he said.

Low level infra-red red is thought to stimulate the growth of cells of all types of tissue and encourage their repair. It is able to penetrate the skin and even get through the skull.

"The implications of this research at Sunderland are enormous - so much so that in the future we could be able to affect and change the rate at which our bodies age," he said.

"We age because our cells lose the desire to regenerate and repair themselves. This ultimately results in cell death and decline of the organ functions - for the brain resulting in memory decay and deterioration in general intellectual performance.

"But what if there was a technology that told the cells to repair themselves and that technology was something as simple as a specific wavelength of light?"

The study at Sunderland found that exposing middle-aged mice to infrared light for six minutes a day for ten days improved their performance in a three-dimensional maze. In the human trials, due to start this summer, the scientists will use levels of infra-red that occur naturally in sunlight.

Neuroscientist Paul Chazot, who helped carry out the research, said: "The results are completely new - this has never been looked at before."

An Alzheimer's Society spokesman said: "A treatment that reverses the effects of dementia rather than just temporarily halting its symptoms could change the lives of the hundreds of thousands of people. We look forward to further research to determine whether this technique could help improve cognition in humans."

I always try to cover most of myself with the FIR blanket, but as I read or watch TV during the sauna, I will cover my neck at the most.

Is it ok to have the feet hanging out the bottom of the blanket? I'm too tall to fit my shoulders in the blanket without curling my legs up, which after an hour can get uncomfortable and I start to get a little claustrophobic.

Hi Heimdallr,

I wonder if your FIR blanket runs sectionally? Mine has a 1)Upper body 2) mid section and 3) legs section with no option of doing all 3 at once. That's probably not the case with yours eh? My thought was that you could sit up if that was the case.

Hi Psyche,

I woke up this morning still feeling pretty good, some gas and stomach gurgles but really good after last nights enima. So I decided I would just quit the caffeine cold turkey. Of course my candida/caffeine addiction had other plans. By about 12pm-1pm I was starting to get the caffeine withdrawals and by 2pm I was having a cup in the hopes to avoid the headache and physical sickness. I closed a little early tonight and started getting physically ill. I just woke up from what may as well have been passing out. Can't stand those headaches that hurt so bad you actually end up heaving from them. I just woke up feeling like a total zombie. I noticed before all of this occurred that I was having strange aches in my shoulders and along the back of my neck as if something was going to pop out from the inside, as well as in the elbows mostly and slightly in the knees.

At this point, while I know I still have some ailments/withdrawal issues, I think I might be through the worst of the caffeine addiction. I hope to stay off it completely from hereon, the joy/indulgence is not worth the pain/porcelain worship.

Balberon said:
I wonder if your FIR blanket runs sectionally? Mine has a 1)Upper body 2) mid section and 3) legs section with no option of doing all 3 at once. That's probably not the case with yours eh? My thought was that you could sit up if that was the case.

Hey Balberon,

I'm curious as to what type of blanket you have. Ours has the same settings as you mention above, but can run all 3 sections at once -- it is just not obvious how to do it. On ours, you select the section, turn it on, select the next section, turn it on, and then the last (if I remember correctly). You can set individual settings for each section but can run them all at once.

I'm going to have to have a look at that. .. The type is PH-2B(III) FIR Body Shaping System. And it functions exactly as you described. I would never have thought of that. I can't wait to blast myself tomorrow. With the weather how it is and the age of this drafty old building, I can barely work up a sweat in it these days.

Thank you very much!!! Sweet, man (or ma'am, but I think man.. the name) I'm really excited to 'really' get this thing working better and faster! :clap: Right On!

Our blankets runs 3 sections at a time as well. Heimdallr, you can leave your feet hanging, but for good effect you can do 20 minutes or so curled up and then leave your feet hanging when you feel uncomfortable. It is a pity it doesn't come in sizes, as there are very tall people.

Day two caffeine free! Stiff and sore. Avoiding sugars as much as possible. Have a slight headache, but nothing in terms of what I went through two nights ago. Strange aches and pains mostly in the joints, left shoulder and between the shoulder blades. It's mostly come and go though. I'm going to be sticking this out. #$%^ Coffee @#$% sugar!.. for the most part, but certainly caffeine is out now. Sadly I'm still drinking plastic, for now. Need to obtain a large glass (1 gallon or larger) jug to get the water in. There is a local store that has distilled water from a dispenser that;s as or more affordable than bottled water and it tastes a lot better. My energy levels are wishy washy. Sorry if this comes across as "Dear Diary." I'll post again here in a week or so to note how things are progressing. Salutes.

Balberon said:
Day two caffeine free! Stiff and sore. Avoiding sugars as much as possible. Have a slight headache, but nothing in terms of what I went through two nights ago. Strange aches and pains mostly in the joints, left shoulder and between the shoulder blades. It's mostly come and go though. I'm going to be sticking this out. #$%^ Coffee @#$% sugar!.. for the most part, but certainly caffeine is out now. Sadly I'm still drinking plastic, for now. Need to obtain a large glass (1 gallon or larger) jug to get the water in. There is a local store that has distilled water from a dispenser that;s as or more affordable than bottled water and it tastes a lot better. My energy levels are wishy washy. Sorry if this comes across as "Dear Diary." I'll post again here in a week or so to note how things are progressing. Salutes.

Way to go man!! Yep, be sure to drink lots of water. I'm in the "process" of giving up coffee, which means I haven't given it up but I'd really, really like to. (I know how that sounds)... Anyhow I find that on days when I can go without coffee, drinking tons of water helps a lot.

Also, large glass mason jars work well for storing water in the fridge. You can get a case of them for pretty cheap, then just take one out when you want to have some water and use the jar as your glass...

JonnyRadar said:
Balberon said:

Way to go man!! Yep, be sure to drink lots of water. I'm in the "process" of giving up coffee, which means I haven't given it up but I'd really, really like to. (I know how that sounds)... Anyhow I find that on days when I can go without coffee, drinking tons of water helps a lot.

Also, large glass mason jars work well for storing water in the fridge. You can get a case of them for pretty cheap, then just take one out when you want to have some water and use the jar as your glass...

Vitamin C helps also with withdrawal symptoms, make sure to have loads of it (what your system can tolerate). Frequency is rather important as well:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13208.msg122399#msg122399

Back
Top Bottom