Diet Coke & Pepsi TASTE like Chemicals

Brenda86

Jedi Master
Okay... I know this might sound a little odd, but I have mostly stopped drinking Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. Occasionally, I give in to temptation and try to drink one, but I never finish it anymore because... they TASTE like chemicals. They distinctly remind me of the way CLEANING solutions SMELL. (I've never tasted cleaning supplies, thank goodness.) Also, I noticed a very real brain fog after drinking them now.

I just wanted to share this because I thought it was interesting how my body's reaction to these drinks has changed as I have gone longer and longer periods without drinking them.

It could be that you actually ARE drinking cleaning chemicals. I'm not an expert in food and drink processing, but I imagine the machinery they use has to be cleaned periodically. I would wager to bet that some cleaning chemical residue remains after they clean it.

Then again, maybe they're just dumping chemicals in deliberately because it's so toxic already nobody would notice? :P

I was in Pepsi's R&D facility recently and saw a big box of stevia on a shelf in the warehouse. Now that stevia has been approved for use as a sweetener, I suspect you'll be seeing stevia sweetened soft drinks soon. Some people don't like the taste of stevia either :)

I used to go through gallons of diet soda many years ago, I probably permanently damaged myself. Nowadays I would never touch the stuff, though I might have a regular Pepsi (before I went on the detox program that is) if that's all that was available. I figured sugar was better than aspartame, but now that I know how inflammatory sugar is and what that means to my health I know they're both evil.

Vulcan59 said:
John Chang said:
The C's said something to the effect that it is poison. From what public info is available, as I understand it, it breaks down into methanol and formaldehyde inside the body. Neither of which does anything good.
For info jaye, the relevant transcript is from 960915

Q: (T) Thank you very much. I appreciate all that information. (J) I have a question. What is all that NutraSweet doing to him?

A: Get rid of that! It is poison!!!
Regards.

RyanX said:
It could be that you actually ARE drinking cleaning chemicals. I'm not an expert in food and drink processing, but I imagine the machinery they use has to be cleaned periodically. I would wager to bet that some cleaning chemical residue remains after they clean it.

Then again, maybe they're just dumping chemicals in deliberately because it's so toxic already nobody would notice? :P

A plastic bottle, unlike glass that can be sterilized with heat, has to be sanitized with a cleaning solution. According to Hulda Clarke they are sterilized with methyl alcohol which leaves a residue that is harmful to your health. I try not to drink anything out of a plastic bottle, but sometimes water from a plastic bottle is all that's available.

That taste like chemicals, because it IS chemicals, biggest problem is sweetener. That could be aspartame, sorbitol (but not natural one), cyclamate, xylitol (too, not natural) you name it. Everything is chemically produced. Just try some Coca-cola zero, that is the worst. Generally speaking, all drinks like coke and pepsi, that are not made on real fruit base are dangerous. BTW coke ph is 3, which is strong acid (you can clean pipes with that for real)

If someone is interesting I have list of food ingredients (you know that “E” numbers) where is it stated which is which, and what is to be avoided.

Everything according to my girlfriend who is food technologist :)

Avala said:
That could be aspartame, sorbitol (but not natural one), cyclamate, xylitol (too, not natural) you name it.

Hi Avala,

Are you aware that Xylitol has some interesting properties?

See here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2430.msg79126#msg79126

This part:
Candida is a yeast, and anything that might feed it must be avoided; this means cutting out all sugars (even honey), fruits, starches, vinegar and alcohol. No more maple syrup, corn syrup, white bread, soft drinks, or cereals. They should be replaced with vegetables and lean proteins. No more dried or fresh fruits, mushrooms, pizza or pastries. As and when the condition improves, some of these things may be added back in - but many people feel so much better without them, they want to keep the improvement permanently!

An interesting exception to this rule is Xylitol. Dr. Ward Dean states that this sweetener is not metabolized by humans OR yeast: "Yeast gobble it up, thinking they're getting sugar, and die". He considers it one of the best anti-candida strategies!

Maybe Coca-Cola needs some new advertising slogans like "Coke - Tastes like death itself" or "Coke - A refreshing nail in your coffin"

Coca-Cola will clean the dead bug guts off automobile front-end bumpers!!!
I've seen it...:wow: :wow: :wow:

What's disturbing is how much some folks "need" their soft drinks. I work with a lady who gets real nervous if she can't get her Diet Pepsi.
And those who prefer Mountain Dew? They act like strung-out junkies when they can't get it. :scared:

Crystal clear distilled H2O from a glass bottle hits the spot for me. Gives me a little lift, very refreshing. :)

Mac

Mac said:
What's disturbing is how much some folks "need" their soft drinks. I work with a lady who gets real nervous if she can't get her Diet Pepsi.
And those who prefer Mountain Dew? They act like strung-out junkies when they can't get it. :scared:

Crystal clear distilled H2O from a glass bottle hits the spot for me. Gives me a little lift, very refreshing. :)

Mac

Yeah, nothing quenches your thirst like good 'ole, crystal clear water.

Al Today said:
Coca-Cola will clean the dead bug guts off automobile front-end bumpers!!!
I've seen it...:wow: :wow: :wow:

I've heard that Pepsi was used to clean the decks of Navy ships. :O

Mac said:

Mac

So true, I can remember filling out one of those emails that asks all about you and I was about the only one of many who didn't have a soft drink listed as their favorite non-alcoholic drink. I had RO water!

I know people who drink gallons of coke every day - god only knows what that is doing to their body. I've always thought the taste of coke/pepsi etc was just awful myself.

The problem is how to convert cola drinkers into other more natural drinks. For many, "diet" cola is healthy! But even if they know it is not, there is the taste issue. Everything that is not as sweet as sugar is not sweet, like people who find that orange flower honey is bitter (and fruits)! Even bottled water now has more and more flavoured chemicals! People need to rediscover the taste of food, and the taste of water :)

wanderer said:
I was in Pepsi's R&D facility recently and saw a big box of stevia on a shelf in the warehouse. Now that stevia has been approved for use as a sweetener, I suspect you'll be seeing stevia sweetened soft drinks soon. Some people don't like the taste of stevia either :)

There already are stevia sweetened soft drinks. _http://www.zevia.com/

[quote author=Brenda86]I have mostly stopped drinking Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. Occasionally, I give in to temptation and try to drink one[/quote]

Your temptation is actually the courting of the following documented results of consuming aspartame:

Brain cancer
Multiple Sclerosis
Parkinson’s disease
Fibromyalgia
Hypoglycemia
Neuroendocrine disorders
Brain lesions
Lou Gehrig's disease
Mitochondrial damage (incl. a reduction in available ATP)
Destruction of the myelin sheath of neurons
Hydrocephalus
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Epstein-Barr
Post-Polio Syndrome
Lyme Disease
Grave's Disease
Meniere's Disease
Alzheimer's Disease
Epilepsy
EMS
Hypothyroidism