Chin lump.

Glosolí

A Disturbance in the Force
Hello :)

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar phenomenon. I've never remembered to bring it up to anyone besides my mother once or twice.

There is a small, hard mass located right above my jawbone. I can push it around somewhat, but it is anchored. I first consciously noticed it around maybe 12 years of age. It hasn't grown any larger since I first discovered it; perhaps smaller, and I forget about it most of the time. I feel like it could be a manifestation of some energy blockage in me. Do you have any suggestions as far as addressing this, or personal experience?

As an add on, I found a bit more info. It could be your submental lymph nodes and here the following is stated;

Sometimes, following infection lymph nodes occasionally remain permanently enlarged, though they should be non-tender, small (less the 1 cm), have a rubbery consistency and none of the characteristics described for malignancy or for infection. These are also known as 'Shotty Lymph nodes'.

Nodes are generally considered to be normal if they are up to 1 cm in diameter.

An increase in nodal size on serial examinations is significant. Hence nodes that continue to grow in size are important and those that regress in size tend to be more reassuring.

If your nodes remain less than 1cm in size and no other symptoms arise you are safe. If you are concerned or anything new should arise you should contact your physician.
emphasis mine

As a disclaimer, I am not a doctor. Hope this helps you. :)

Glosolí said:
Hello :)

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar phenomenon. I've never remembered to bring it up to anyone besides my mother once or twice.

There is a small, hard mass located right above my jawbone. I can push it around somewhat, but it is anchored. I first consciously noticed it around maybe 12 years of age. It hasn't grown any larger since I first discovered it; perhaps smaller, and I forget about it most of the time. I feel like it could be a manifestation of some energy blockage in me. Do you have any suggestions as far as addressing this, or personal experience?

Well how very odd. I have had the same thing since about the same age. Must be a lypmh node as I am still alive.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar phenomenon.

I have the same node over my right jawbone, I asked my doctor about it a few years ago. It is the same size as it was when I discovered it many years ago. He told me that there was noting alarming with it, as long as there was no change in size or any pain felt. It is about a cm in diameter and as never grow and I never felt any discomfort.

Vulcan59 said:
Hi Glosolí,

Have you ever had it diagnosed as to what it is? :huh:

But take Vulcan advice, have a diagnostic next time you see your practician.

Laurentien said:
I have the same node over my right jawbone, I asked my doctor about it a few years ago. It is the same size as it was when I discovered it many years ago. He told me that there was noting alarming with it, as long as there was no change in size or any pain felt. It is about a cm in diameter and as never grow and I never felt any discomfort.

But take Vulcan advice, have a diagnostic next time you see your physician.
Cool, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom