Sleeping Schedule

Brenda86

Jedi Master
I just wanted to start this thread to let everyone know how life-changing my last week has been. Okay, I'm still caffeine/aspartame free after several weeks. I'm able to SLEEP now.

Not only that but I was determined this week to start waking up in the MORNING and going to bed at NIGHT. I had a tendency to keep finding things to do until 3-4 in the morning and sleep til 2pm. So this whole week I have been waking up between 5-6am and I am asleep by 8-9pm.

I feel like a brand new person. The brain fog is letting up. And the biggest thing is that I am not feeling the extreme fatigue I did on the poor schedule. Once it's bedtime, I'm tired, but during the day I have so much more energy.

I know I've seen it mentioned other places on the forum that fixing the sleep schedule can be of great benefit, but I couldn't imagine how much it could help me until I did it.

That's good. It's healthy to get a good portion of ambient light on a regular basis. I think that's one of the issues with being a nightowl - not getting enough daylight. Is there any reason why you couldn't get done what you were doing in the middle of the night at an earlier time? Or was it just that you were in a routine where you slept late cuz you stayed up late and stayed up late cuz you slept late? Good to hear you are breaking that routine, as it seems to have helped you with energy and thinking clearly.

Heimdallr said:
That's good. It's healthy to get a good portion of ambient light on a regular basis. I think that's one of the issues with being a nightowl - not getting enough daylight. Is there any reason why you couldn't get done what you were doing in the middle of the night at an earlier time? Or was it just that you were in a routine where you slept late cuz you stayed up late and stayed up late cuz you slept late? Good to hear you are breaking that routine, as it seems to have helped you with energy and thinking clearly.

I just ended up in that routine, but I think it really started because of the job I had until April of last year. I worked from 1-10pm and did everything I needed to do AFTER work. I just never made a point to switch back to a regular schedule. I was always tired and foggy at that job - compounded by the fact it was sitting all night at a computer, taking phone calls.

awesome :clap:

having had to conquer the brain fog and chronic fatigue myself, I can say this will make a huge difference to your life.

Brenda86 said:
Not only that but I was determined this week to start waking up in the MORNING and going to bed at NIGHT. I had a tendency to keep finding things to do until 3-4 in the morning and sleep til 2pm. So this whole week I have been waking up between 5-6am and I am asleep by 8-9pm.

I feel like a brand new person. The brain fog is letting up. And the biggest thing is that I am not feeling the extreme fatigue I did on the poor schedule. Once it's bedtime, I'm tired, but during the day I have so much more energy.

Good dedication to it! I have the same issue. For some reason night-time hits and I have tons of energy to do, read, research, etc, BUT I can't fall asleep. I've had to rely on Melatonin to regulate my sleep patterns, otherwise I'll be up until 4am. Although I get up earlier than 2pm. :P

I'm gonna try this, going to bed early and see how I feel in the day, because I'm sluggish and tired during the day too. I heard somewhere that the ideal times for sleep is 10pm-6am (Oh man, that's in an hour?! :scared:). But seeing as your saying you feel much better ... let's give it a shot!

DanielS said:
Brenda86 said:

Good dedication to it! I have the same issue. For some reason night-time hits and I have tons of energy to do, read, research, etc, BUT I can't fall asleep. I've had to rely on Melatonin to regulate my sleep patterns, otherwise I'll be up until 4am. Although I get up earlier than 2pm. :P

I'm gonna try this, going to bed early and see how I feel in the day, because I'm sluggish and tired during the day too. I heard somewhere that the ideal times for sleep is 10pm-6am (Oh man, that's in an hour?! :scared:). But seeing as your saying you feel much better ... let's give it a shot!

If you're anything like me, it'll be great. The sunlight coming into the house (and going outside in the sunlight) stimulates my body to feel awake and alert. By the time the sun goes down I'm winding down and getting sleepy. The other change I made is we eat dinner at 5-6pm, so that it's been a few hours before since we ate by bedtime.

Back
Top Bottom