Ormus In Supplements

dugdeep

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
For previous discussions on ormus material (monoatomic gold) see these two threads.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6910.0
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=617.0

I've noticed lately that some of the pundits in holistic health circles seem to be getting on to the ormus minerals band wagon which I find somewhat disturbing. David Wolfe, a raw foods guru with a huge and dedicated following, has been dropping hints about ormus materials in a few of his recent talks that I've heard. Although, from what I can tell, the ormus thing is currently limited to a fairly small circle of mislead "seekers", I can see a lot of people jumping on this ormus bandwagon if more of these health gurus start promoting it.

Another health expert whose video blog I check out regularly is Kevin Gianni (http://renegadehealth.com/blog/). Again, he's a raw foodist, so I take most of what he says with a grain of salt. But he's been promoting a product as of late called Ormus Greens. It's a powdered green food supplement with a blend of different grasses and herbs that you can add to juice or smoothies. I always thought "hmmm... strange name", and thought I would look more into it later.

Well now it seems this product is being promoted on Natural News (http://www.naturalnews.com/028331_SunWarrior_ormus_greens.html). This website has massive following and if its leader Mike Adams is promoting a product, chances are it's going to become the next big thing in holistic health circles. It looks like this isn't just a name either; there are actually ormus materials in this product. From the article:

The Ormus Factor
There's something else about Ormus Greens that may be important to you: The Ormus factor.

"Ormus" is a term used in some circles to describe what might be called "transitional-state metals" or "high vibration" gold, silver, platinum and trace minerals. Ormus researchers claim that "Ormus" represents a subtle but important state shift in these metals that gives them higher "frequency" or vibration.

This is all considered fringe belief by conventional chemists, physicists and doctors, of course. But then again, they don't believe in magnetic therapy, homeopathy or even medicinal herbs, either. Heck, they don't even believe in telling their patients about Vitamin D!

Personally, I don't consider myself sufficiently informed about Ormus to explain what it is, but I hope to learn more in the near future. Here's a description of Ormus from a website that seems to represent the currently-held beliefs about it (_http://www.life-enthusiast.com/ormus)

Ancient alchemical traditions and systems of natural medicine around the world describe how various preparations derived from precious metals enhance the life force, prana, or chi in the body, and thus produce extraordinary healing or rejuvenating effects for body, mind, and spirit. The art of creating the alchemical preparations made from precious metals has been passed on for thousands of years by adepts and spiritual seekers.

Recently researchers confirmed that when some elements shift into an energetically modified form (ORMUS), they no longer display their ordinary metallic properties, but assume a non-toxic and easily assimilated form. Researchers theorize that these elements consist of atoms whose electron shells have been orbitally rearranged. It has been proven that they defy ordinary instrumental analysis and assay.

Some ORMUS elements exist as an extremely stable, heat resistant, chemically inert, and non-toxic crystalline powder (i.e. monatoms/diatoms from metals, rocks, soils, and brines), others as oil-like liquids, or colloids (i.e. naturally charged colloids from from the air, fresh water, and plants). These elements are reported to tremendously enhance the vital life force (prana, or chi) in the body, and thus produce extraordinary holistic rejuvenating effects on the body, mind, and spirit.

The elements contained in them may be derived from volcanic soils, sea salts, water, or precious metals using processes developed after years of research, or rediscovered from ancient traditions.

In essence, then, Ormus is the result of a type of alchemical transformation of ordinary elements. Again, conventional chemists would scoff at this idea, pointing out that alchemists have been searching for ways to transmute one element into another (lead into gold, for example) for thousands of years, and none has ever succeeded.

But Ormus isn't really claiming one element is transformed into an entirely different element (on the table of elements, anyway). Rather, Ormus advocates say that minerals and metals are transmuted in a more subtle way that makes them safer (and even beneficial) for human consumption.

What does all this have to do with SunWarrior Ormus Greens? The grasses used in the product are grown in mineral-rich sea beds that are rich with Ormus-type minerals and metals, says SunWarrior.

In my opinion SunWarrior Ormus Greens stands on its own even without Ormus properties. To me, it's good enough just to have all the amazing trace minerals, probiotics and cold-drying process to preserve the nutrients. If there really is Ormus in there, and if the Ormus really does raise my vibration level, then that's just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not trying to downplay the Ormus factor here, by the way. This could very well turn out to be the all-important "vibration" factor that separates low-vibration foods from high-vibration foods. Perhaps in the next decade, someone will invent an Ormus meter that will show us something that has so far gone unseen. The invention of the microscope, for example, opened up a whole new world of scientific understanding about microbiology. The invention of the Ormus meter could theoretically set us on a whole new path of understanding about minerals and the "vibration" of foods.

At present, however, I'm not aware of any instrument or (reliable) method by which Ormus can be measured or quantified. If there's been some important new breakthrough in this area that I'm not aware of, please somebody correct me with a post to this article, because I'm sure we'd all like to know about it.

Until then, if you'd like to pick up some SunWarrior Ormus greens, we have it available at the NaturalNews Store at a very competitive price, including 20% off for a 3-pack:
http://store.naturalnews.com/index....

SunWarrior Ormus Greens is a fantastic superfood powder that's obviously extremely rich in minerals (including trace minerals). The taste is intense, the nutrition is remarkably dense and the growing, harvesting and processing of this product's ingredients follows a food production philosophy that's as good as it gets in the world today.

Enjoy your Ormus Greens!

Now from the above it seems like the ormus minerals may simply be present naturally in the soil that they're using. Promoters of ormus minerals often say that they are naturally present in our environment so I can't see any real means of avoiding them outright. Perhaps, since they're naturally occurring and not artificially concentrated in this product, they'll be harmless. There is no mention of the product specifically containing "monoatomic gold", after all. But perhaps even natural concentrations will have the detrimental effects the C's have talked about.

Putting ormus minerals into a green food supplement seems like a great way for the PTB to turn those in the health community into a fleet of mindless zombies. I don't know, am I jumping at shadows here?

Perhaps someone should write to Adams with a well-prepared explanation of the possible issues?

Laura said:
Perhaps someone should write to Adams with a well-prepared explanation of the possible issues?

Great idea. I can write something this evening. I'll post it here before sending it to see if anyone has any comments or suggestions.

OK, here's a draft of the message for Mike Adams. Any input, suggestions or comments are welcome.

Dear Mr. Adams,

First off, let me commend you on running a truly excellent website. I think that Natural News' coverage of all sorts of nutrition related topics, including your unflinching criticism of Big Pharma and the food processing industry, is truly valiant.

I'm writing you with some concerns over one of the products you're promoting on your site called SunWarrior Ormus Greens (http://www.naturalnews.com/028331_SunWarrior_ormus_greens.html). Green food supplements are, of course, wonderful products that I use myself quite frequently, but I have a problem with the Ormus minerals said to be included in this supplement.

For several years now certain groups on the internet have been claiming miraculous results from taking in these ormus materials, specifically monoatomic gold and other monoatomic metals. I've read claims of everything from granting the ability to levitate, create zero point energy and "increased brain balance" to allowing one to achieve near instant spiritual metamorphosis. While these claims could be just chalked up to crackpot theories or the promises of snake oil salesmen, I feel there might be something more disturbing going on with Ormus materials. In your recent article on Ormus Greens, you say "Ormus advocates say that minerals and metals are transmuted in a more subtle way that makes them safer (and even beneficial) for human consumption." I would argue that these materials are anything but safe and beneficial.

Mr. Adams, from your writings I would assume you to be one with an open mind when it comes to more fringe science. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Cassiopaean Experiment, but it is the work of Laura Knight-Jadczyk (LKJ), and her cohorts, in "Superluminal Communication"; critical channeling through a spirit board, with beings who refer to themselves as the Cassiopaeans (or the C's for short). If you are unfamiliar with this work, I highly suggest you take a look at Cassiopaea.org. The Wave series is a good starting off point.

Why do I bring this up? It seems the C's warned about the consumption of monoatomic gold 15 years ago stating that it was used as a means of mind control. Now, I don't think it's really a stretch to assume that there are those on the planet who would be interested in mass mind-control of the population. And what better way to have the unwhitting public voluntarily expose themselves to this mind control than to promise rewards like to "tremendously enhance the vital life force (prana, or chi) in the body, and thus produce extraordinary holistic rejuvenating effects on the body, mind, and spirit"?

From a Cassiopaean session dated 95/10/07:
Q: (L) Now, we have wondered about obtaining and taking some of this Monoatomic
Gold.
A: Are you serious? How about some small helpings of arsenic, anyone?
[...]
Q: (L) And what does the reference to monoatomic gold mean?
A: Total entrapment of the being, mind, body and soul.

Now I don't necessarily expect you to take the C's word for it, since you may not be overly familiar with the material. But this at least should give us pause and open up to further investigation. It can be reasoned that the Ormus materials are not able to do what is claimed they can do.

The Ormus material is said by its promoters to rearrange the DNA structure of those who injest it. But to what ends? They claim it rearranges DNA to be more conducive to enlightenment. I think we can safely say that if there really was a material out there that allowed for humanity to awaken out of the imposed reality of the control system in which we live, the powers that be would put a stop to it rather quickly, don't you? If the FDA can railroad Jim Folson into a 51 month prison sentence for selling Rife Machines, something I read about on Natural News, what do you think they can do to those selling monoatomic gold if it really is the panacea it's claimed to be? Is it possible this material is rearranging DNA in a more detrimental way? The fact that Ormus minerals are allowed to be sold, included in nutritional supplements sold over the internet even, without any reprecussions from any government agency seems to counter everything the FDA stands for these days.

Another argument comes from LKJ "using MAG [monoatomic gold] is the same as using hallucinogens or other so-called "consciousness raising" chemicals: 1) you can only achieve a limited level with such, and it is not a level where one would wish to remain for any length of time and yet, you are forced to remain there for the duration of the action of the chemical in your system. In some cases, that can be years. 2) Accessing the higher levels of psychical awareness through such processes is harmful to the balance levels of the prime chakra. This is because it alters the natural rhythms of psychic development by causing reliance on the chemical, thus subjugating the learning process to the chemical which leads back to problem 1. It is a form of self-imposed abridging of the free will of the higher self by the dominance of the "predator's mind." 3) It can actually prevent higher development due to binding to the ligands that ordinarily might be bound by naturally occuring neurochemicals, and blocking the natural process."

The reason I'm telling you all of this Mr. Adams is that I think you have to question whether promoting this product is really in the best interest of humanity, whom you obviously care about so much. I think that many of us in the holistic health field can unfortunately be lead astray by our wishful thinking. It's easy to buy into the idea of DNA activations, creating our own realities and Ormus materials because we wish it could be true. The world we live in is twisted by powers we can only begin to glimpse, where healthful substances are outlawed and toxic poisons are impossible to escape. It's only natural to wish for a quick escape.

However, wishful thinking is our greatest weakness and needs to be abolished from our consciousness if escape is really to be found. It's more important now than ever to engage our critical faculties and take a really good look at what is being offered. The sages have been telling us for centuries that there is no short cut to enlightenment. Laura Knight-Jadczyk puts it another way, "The one thing I have learned is that there is no free lunch in the universe and if you think there is, you're lunch!"

Note that I'm not suggesting the people at SunWarrior are part of some mass conspiracy to keep the human race enslaved (although I'm not necessarily discounting this possibility either). They could be as easily lead astray as many others who have bought into the shortcut to enlightenment being peddled by the Ormus minerals gang, whoever they may be.

In your article, you seemed somewhat skeptical of the "Ormus Factor", stating "If there really is Ormus in there, and if the Ormus really does raise my vibration level, then that's just a bonus as far as I'm concerned". But I question whether it really is a bonus. Considering the vast number of quality greens product alternatives out there without such a controversial ingredient, I'd say this is a bonus you could afford to do without. I think for your sake, and the sake of your customers who so value what you say about the products you review, you should reconsider your stance on Ormus Greens.

Sincerely,

dugdeep

Incidentally, anyone know how to get a message through to Mike Adams? The "contact us" page on Natural News takes you to a user submission form that specifically states that not every message will receive an individual response. My past experience in customer service makes me think messages sent through that page probably don't get past the tech support department.

Although, I think your letter is well written, I'm not sure how well quoting channeled material is going to come off sounding to somebody who is totally unfamiliar with it. Mike Adams seems to mostly dwell in the domain of alternative health while branching out into conspiracy material from time to time. Who knows though, he seems to have a pretty open mind based on articles of his that I've read.

I noticed you just posted on another thread saying that monoatomic gold is different from "nano gold". Are you entirely sure about this? I looked over the wikipedia article on "nano gold" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloidal_gold ) and I didn't see where it specifically mentions comparing it to monoatomic gold. Is it possible that "nano gold" might be just an unrefined version which still may contain some amount of monoatomic gold along with other nano-size particles of gold? My understanding is that monoatomic gold just happens to be a specific configuration of gold atoms with some unique (or not gold-like) properties and that it is naturally occurring. Maybe somebody with more background in chemistry could clarify? I really don't know, but I think it would be interesting to know because a lot of "enlightenment" websites that make claims about monoatomic gold seem to use the terms "nano gold" and monoatomic gold interchangeably.

If one could link monoatomic gold and "nano gold", there is a wealth of research out there on "nano gold" and DNA. Some of it not good at all!

_http://www.chem.umass.edu/~cmartin/Pubs/PDF/Gang_ChemBiolDrugDesign05.pdf

"We have also demonstrated that the binding affinity between cationic gold nanoparticle and DNA is strong enough to completely inhibit transcription of DNA by T7 RNA polymerase (8). It is thus expected that MMPCs might provide a shield for the entrapped DNA during gene delivery.

So, gold particles attached to DNA, prevents DNA from transcribing, or "sheilds" it. This seems like it has the potential to mess up a lot of biological processes perhaps?

_http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1667/RR1080.1

So nano gold attached to DNA causes more DNA damage when bombarded by ionizing radiation. Interesting find in light of the new x-ray airport scanners, huh?

_http://www.cesar.ornl.gov/nanotechnology.html

Shows images of DNA binding to gold nano particles. Neat images.

_http://news.duke.edu/2008/06/nanogold.html

Using gold nano particles to penetrate cells and "spy" on their inner workings via light sensors. Could these "spys" also control biological processes via specific electromagnetic waves?

_http://scienceinsociety.northwestern.edu/content/articles/2009/how-things-look-when-they%E2%80%99re-small-can-make-big-difference

"For example, when researchers at a lab here at NU discovered that the single strands of DNA they attached to gold nanoparticles melted at a precise temperature – something that does not happen to DNA in its natural state – they immediately saw potential practical implications. But why it melted this way remained a mystery. We worked with NU chemists and have calculated an answer.

So gold nano particles attached to DNA cause the DNA to "melt" at a specific temperature. Interesting, I wonder if this same effect could be achieved with a certain EMF wavelength too?

_http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bionic+bacteria:+gold+nanoparticles+make+gadgets+of+living+microbes.-a0138442270

Monitoring gold nano particles on bacteria to create biological humidity sensors - possibilities for other sensing applications as well. Goes back to the idea of using gold nano particles to monitor or control biological processes.

It seems like gold nano particles seem to bind to DNA in a unique way where there are numerous applications, some not so good for the DNA itself. Again, I don't know what if any of this research applies to monoatomic gold, but if one can draw similarities in the research of nano gold particles it might make an excellent scientific case against the free ingestion of monoatomic gold or any gold nano-particles for that matter.

Just a quick reply (I haven't looked at your links yet), I was using information from earlier in the thread
Laura said:
I actually think that ingestion of gold kind of like colloidal silver, may be a good thing for a number of conditions. I've thought about trying it for my own arthritic issues. The difference is, I think, that the MAG is something quite different from regular gold or colloidal gold.

Can someone clarify that for me?

To which schriss replied
schriss said:
Monoatomic Gold appears to be completely different from colloidal.
There is some stuff about that here: http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/cone.htm

You're quite right though - I'm hardly an expert in this and probably shouldn't have been replying. Apologies for being overzealous.

Hi dugdeep,

I agree with RyanX, also find you have a very well written letter, but I am not sure of how Mike Adams will take the references to channeled material. Channeling is a delicate subject (understandably enough, with so much mumbo jumbo out there), and its mention can sometimes destroy an otherwise productive communication exchange. If the listener isn't ready for that, he can easily just discredit you, and anything else you might have to say. I might be wrong here, and perhaps others will think differently.

dugdeep said:
Another argument comes from LKJ "using MAG [monoatomic gold] is the same as using hallucinogens or other so-called "consciousness raising" chemicals: 1) you can only achieve a limited level with such, and it is not a level where one would wish to remain for any length of time and yet, you are forced to remain there for the duration of the action of the chemical in your system. In some cases, that can be years. 2) Accessing the higher levels of psychical awareness through such processes is harmful to the balance levels of the prime chakra. This is because it alters the natural rhythms of psychic development by causing reliance on the chemical, thus subjugating the learning process to the chemical which leads back to problem 1. It is a form of self-imposed abridging of the free will of the higher self by the dominance of the "predator's mind." 3) It can actually prevent higher development due to binding to the ligands that ordinarily might be bound by naturally occuring neurochemicals, and blocking the natural process."

The part in bold is what I believe could be excluded. Mike Adams is not familiar with the material and will likely be confused with the statement.

All in all, good work!

I agree. I would try to make the case without any reference to me or the Cs.

Ok, so after doing a little more research, I'm not sure if there is anything to be alarmed about, at least in the immediate sense.

From the description you quoted on the ORMUS factor, it doesn't sound like they are actually adding purified ORMUS to the end product. The description just says that the plants are grown in sea beds known to have a high concentration of ORMUS minerals. There are a couple of unknown factors here. First of all, we don't know how much ORMUS these plants actually absorb and how much is passed on in the end product after processing. I think they are just using the term "ORMUS" as a new-age marketing gimik.

Secondly, nobody seems to know just what ORMUS is. It is not exactly the same product that David Hudson patented and promoted. Here is some information:

_http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/faq.htm

Question: How can I get some of the monoatomic White Powder Gold?

Answer: It has not been conclusively demonstrated whether the strange materials David Hudson identified are monatomic or not. Some scientists have suggested that the only way they could have the properties that they have is if they are di-atomic or greater.

Since we do not wish to prejudice the scientific process we have decided not to call them monatomic unless this issue is resolved. Instead we call them m-state or ORMUS elements. The “m” in m-state could mean monatomic, microcluster or even manna. You can read a scientist’s explanation of why these elements should not be monatomic at:

paranorm.htm#diatomic

Apparently, David Hudson used the term "White Powder Gold" as a generic term for all of the precious metal elements in their m-state form. Hudson never made very much of the white powder of gold because his ore source had relatively little m-gold in it.

David Hudson's colleague who did the 41 day fast was using a powder composed of several m-state elements with less than 1% of the powder being white gold. The current thinking of most experts, including Hudson, is that once the m-state is dried out into a powder it is much less easy for the body to assimilate.

It is possible to purchase m-state gold in a relatively pure form as a wet precipitate. Many of the people who have tried the m-state gold for a length of time do not like it for a variety of reasons. Some feel that it makes them lethargic. Some feel that it puts them so much in the moment that they forget to do the things which are important to make their lives work. One long-term researcher claims that the m-gold "locks" a person into their present condition, whatever that may be.

The easiest way to get m-state gold is to use the Wet Method on Dead Sea salt as the resulting precipitate is claimed to be 70% m-gold and 30% magnesium.

So, it looks like the easiest/cheapest way of producing ORMUS is through an extraction method from sea salt. Here is one description of this process:

_http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/ormus/ormus2.htm
_http://www.quantumbalancing.com/make_ormus.htm

I'm not going to go into the details here, but I will say that the extraction process sounds quite dangerous and involves the use of lye. I wonder just what sort of chemical cocktail this is really creating? It doesn't sound like there has been much if any evaluation on the health properties of this stuff - which is scary in itself.

So, if we assume for a moment that the ORUMS made from this extraction process really is "monoatomic gold", just what is monoatomic gold anyways? I can't seem to figure this out. The terminology is extremely confusing and I wonder if that is not by design. The new-age "enlightenment" websites all make really outrageous word-salad claims as to what it is and what the properties of this stuff are. They use scientific terms interchangeably with new-age jargon, so you're left wondering just what the heck we're dealing with.

I think the one common ground in all of this is gold - in some form. From what I've gathered, there doesn't appear to be much of a difference between Hudson's monoatomic gold/m-state gold/ORME which is the basis for ORMUS and the literature I've found on gold nanoclusters/microclusters or "nano gold". There is no standardized scientific naming to describe these gold configurations yet, but "nano gold" or nanoclusters seems to be the most common in the scientific literature. Typically in scientific literature they describe which gold nanocluster(s) they use in the experiment, but not always.

Gold nanoclusters will assemble into different shapes with differing electrical properties depending on the number of gold atoms in the cluster. The properties of these clusters can differ substantially from the original properties of gold itself based on the research. I believe that if ORMUS does contain gold nanoclusters, it has them in a large variety of configurations, not just one specific cluster, but further research would have to determine this for sure. Here are some interesting articles on the topic on gold nanoclusters:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/01/070116131214.htm

ScienceDaily (Jan. 16, 2007) — Using different experimental techniques, two separate and independent research groups in collaboration with a team from the Center for Computational Materials Science (CCMS) at the Georgia Institute of Technology, have unveiled the size-dependent evolution of structural and electronic structural motifs of gold nanoclusters ranging in size from 11 to 24 atoms. The experiments, in conjunction with the theoretical analysis performed by the Georgia Tech team, show near perfect agreement pertaining to the cluster structures occurring in the experiments. Understanding the electronic and geometric structures of gold nanoclusters is a key step towards understanding their behavior under different conditions, such as their use as nanocatalysts or in certain medical applications. The results appear in separate papers in The Physical Review B and in the journal ChemPhysChem.

In its bulk form, gold is treasured for its property as a non-reactive metal. Its use in electronics, dentistry, jewelry and art, depends on this inertness. But at the nano scale, when gold clusters contain only a small number of atoms, gold shows very different properties, which exhibit chemical reactivity that make them potent catalysts. Because their chemical and physical properties depend greatly on their physical structures, significant efforts have been invested by scientists to determine what the most stable configurations of gold clusters are in this size range. Understanding this is of great importance for elucidating the chemical properties of these clusters and in research aiming to discover the physical patterns that govern how the clusters are put together.

Between 2000 and 2002, a Georgia Tech team, led by Uzi Landman, director of CCMS, Regents’ and Institute professor, and Callaway chair of physics at Georgia Tech, predicted that negatively charged gold nanoclusters, up to 13 atoms in size, would exhibit two-dimensional, flat structures. The appearance of two-dimensional structures for such relatively large metal clusters is unique to gold, and the researchers showed that it is related to the strong relativistic effects for this metal. When these predictions were verified experimentally, research in Landman’s group and in other places focused on what happens when the nanoclusters are even larger.

"We wanted to know, what happens after 13 atoms,” said Landman. “What happens when these clusters become three-dimensional and what is their structural motif?” For the past few years, scientists at the CCMS have made theoretical predictions about the structures of gold nanoclusters in the larger size range. Now, working with two independent experimental groups, Landman and his collaborators have found firm evidence pertaining to the size-dependent structural development of these nanoclusters.

One of these collaborations involved researchers from the University of Freiburg and the Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials, both in Germany, and a scientist from the University of Jväskylä in Finland. The Freiburg team performed photoemission experiments, in which a laser is shot at the gas-phase cluster causing it to eject an electron. Measuring the energy profiles of the emitted electrons using lasers of different wavelengths allowed the researchers to gain knowledge about the occupied electronic energy levels in the clusters. The distribution of these levels depends on the specific geometric arrangement of atoms in the clusters. Indeed, the theoretical analysis of the correlation between the distributions of the electronic energy levels and the atomic spatial arrangements allowed the researchers to determine the clusters’ electronic properties, as well as geometric structures.

In the other collaboration, the Georgia Tech researchers worked with a team from the Rowland Institute at Harvard University. They used electron diffraction, a technique in which a beam of electrons is fired at the clusters, causing the electrons to scatter. By measuring the intensity of the scattered electrons and comparing it to the change in momenta of the electrons caused by their collisions with the atoms of the clusters, they obtaines information about the spatial arrangements of the atoms in the clusters. Theoretical analysis of the interference patterns in these measured intensities allowed them to determine the clusters’ structures.

"It turns out that close to all the stable structures that were found through our theoretical analysis of the photoemission measurements were the same as those that emerged from analysis of the electron scattering experiments,” said Landman. “In our analysis we have used first-principles electronic structure calculations based on density-functional theory, in conjunction with structural optimization techniques. This is likely the first time that two separate and independent experimental tools, in conjunction with a common theoretical analysis, have shown such a high degree of agreement in the challenging area of structural determination of nano clusters.”

To avoid any bias, and ensure that the groups’ analyses weren’t being unintentionally influenced by knowledge of each other, neither experimental group saw the results of the other until the publication of their respective papers.

The results of the Georgia Tech collaborative investigations with the European group are published in the journal ChemPhysChem Volume 8, (2007), and those obtained from the collaboration with the Rowland Institute are published in The Physical Review B volume 74, (2006).

Through this comparison between experiment and theory, the teams found that the clusters start out as two-dimensional structures till 13 or 14 atoms in size, changing to three-dimensional hollow cages from about 16 atoms, and developing a face-centered-cubic tetrahedral structure at 20 atoms, resembling the bulk gold crystalline structure. However, at 24 atoms the gold clusters take an unexpected capped tubular cigar shape.

"These results assist us not only in determining the structures of the clusters, but also provide insight into the factors that underlie their self-assembly,” said Landman. “In some ways, we are determining the ‘structural grammar’ of these gold nanoclusters and by understanding that, we may better understand what motifs appear as we continue to search for the structures of clusters larger than 24 atoms.

The Georgia Tech team consisted of Uzi Landman and research scientist Bokwon Yoon. The collaborations consisted of Pekka Kosiken, Bernd Huber and Michael Moseler from the Fraunhofer Institute for Mechanics of Materials and the University of Freiburg, Oleg Kostko and Bernd von Issendorff from the University of Freiburg and Hannu Hakkinen from the University of Jyvaskla. The Rowland Institute team was made up of Xiaopeng Xing and Joel H. Parks.

http://www.innovations-report.com/html/reports/studies/report-114306.html

“While gold nanoparticles are being used by so many researchers – chemists, materials scientists and biomedical engineers – no one understood their molecular and electronic structures until now,” said Robert Whetten, a professor in the Georgia Institute of Technology’s School of Physics and School of Chemistry and Biochemistry. “This research opens a new window for nanoparticle chemistry.”

Gold and sulfur atoms tend to aggregate in specific numbers and highly symmetrical geometries. Sometimes these clusters are called “superatoms” because they can mimic the chemistry of single atoms of a completely different element.

Researchers commonly use gold nanoparticles because they are stable and exhibit distinct optical, electronic, electrochemical and bio-labeling properties. However, understanding the physicochemical properties of such clusters is a challenge, according to Whetten, because that requires knowledge of their atomic structures.

A significant advance came in late 2007 though, when Stanford University researchers reported the first-ever total structure determination of a 102-atom gold cluster. The X-ray structure study revealed that pairs of organic sulfur (“thiolate”) groups extracted gold atoms from the gold layer to form a linear thiolate-gold-thiolate bridge while interacting weakly with the metal surface below. These gold–thiolate complexes formed a sort of protective crust around the nanoparticles.

“This discovery contradicted what most chemists believed was going on – which was that the sulfur atom merely sat atop the uppermost gold layer, bound to three adjacent metal atoms,” said Whetten.

With the experimentally determined structural coordinates, an international team of researchers from Georgia Tech, Stanford University, the University of Jyväskylä in Finland and Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden set out to determine the electronic principles underlying the 102-atom gold compound and others like it. The team conducted large-scale electronic structure calculations in supercomputing centers in Espoo, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden; and Juelich, Germany.

The researchers found that the 102-atom gold cluster was a “superatom” with a core of 79 gold atoms arranged into a truncated decahedron: two pyramids with pentagonal bases joined together into a faceted shape, but with the pyramids’ tips chopped off. Around the core, 23 gold atoms formed an unusual pattern, joining the thiolates in shapes that resemble handles.

The results confirmed the “divide and protect” structure first predicted by team member Hannu Häkkinen, a professor at the University of Jyväskylä and former senior research scientist at Georgia Tech in the laboratory of Uzi Landman. Häkkinen and Henrik Grönbeck of the Chalmers University of Technology previously proposed that a cluster of 38-atom gold contained a central metallic core of 14 gold atoms and a protective layer of 24 gold atoms bound to sulfur.

“In 2006, we predicted that gold atoms in this bonding motif were divided in two groups – those that made the metal core and those that helped to protected it,” explained Häkkinen. “Now there was evidence that this was true.”

In the study reported in PNAS, the researchers found that the clusters were stable because the surface gold atoms in the core each had at least one surface-chemical bond and the gold core exhibited a strong electron shell closing.

With the 102-atom gold cluster, each gold atom in the cluster donated one valence electron. Forty-four of those electrons were immobilized in bonds between gold atoms and thiolates, leaving 58 electrons to fill a shell around the “superatom.” In this configuration, the cluster wouldn’t benefit from adding or shedding electrons, which would destabilize its structure. This process is similar to what happens in noble gases, which are chemically inert because they have just the right number of electrons to fill a shell around each atom’s nucleus.

Associated with the filled electron shell, the gold-thiolate compound also had a major energy gap to unoccupied states. The calculated energy gap between the highest occupied molecular orbital and the lowest unoccupied molecular orbital states for the 102-atom compound was significant – 0.5 electron volts. Metals typically have a gap of zero, so this gap indicates an atypical electronic stability of the compound, explained Whetten.

Besides the 102-atom compound, the researchers also determined the electronic structures for 11-, 13- and 39-atom gold cluster compounds. They found that the 11- and 13-gold atom clusters form closed electronic shells with 8 electrons and the 39-atom gold clusters with 34.

“The theoretical concepts published in this paper provide a solid background for further understanding of the distinct electrical, optical and chemical properties of the stable mono-layer-protected gold nanoclusters,” said Whetten, whose funding for this research came from the National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of Energy. Former Georgia Tech graduate student Ryan Price and current graduate student James Bradshaw also contributed to this work.

The study also shows that experimentally well-characterized, structure-resolved, thermodynamically stable species of thiolate-, phosphine-halide-, and phosphine-thiolate-protected gold nanoparticles share common factors underlying their stability.

Once this initial work was completed, the researchers started predicting the structures of other stable gold cluster compositions that are still awaiting a precise structure determination.

In the March 26 issue of the Journal of the American Chemical Society, the research team predicted the structure for a cluster containing 25 gold atoms. They determined that the structure was comprised of an icosahedron-like 13-atom gold core protected by six “V-shaped” long units, creating a “divide and protect” composition. The structural prediction was recently confirmed by another group’s experimental work.

“We now have a unified model that provides a solid background for nanoengineering ligand-protected gold clusters for applications in catalysis, sensing, photonics, bio-labeling and molecular electronics,” said Häkkinen.

Additional authors on the PNAS paper included Michael Walter, Jaakko Akola and Olga Lopez-Acevedo of the University of Jyväskylä; and Pablo Jadzinsky, Guillermo Calero and Christopher Ackerson of Stanford University.

Like I said in my last post, there is a lot of research going on with gold nanoclusters and DNA. Certain gold nanoclusters seem to have a strong binding affinity for DNA, which makes them useful in a lot of applications. It looks like they are trying to evolve some new technology using gold nanoclusters, but what will come out of all this research isn't entirely clear. The common reason for these studies is "medical applications".

As far as writing to Mike Adams about the dangers of ORMUS, I would point out that this is mostly a new-age marketing gimik in the context of these foods. But I would also bring up some of the reactions people have had to taking ORUMS. There are some pretty damning descriptions here:

_http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/realthing.htm

Here is another crazy story about ORMUS. I'm not sure whether to believe it. It makes these people sound like addicts!

_http://www.laweekly.com/2008-09-25/columns/gold-fever-at-the-raw-spirit-festival-addicted-to-ormus/1#comments

There is another ORMUS "addict" letter here:

_http://educate-yourself.org/lte/colloidalgoldgroupie23nov06.shtml

Given all of this, I don't think there is really a need to mention Laura or any channeling sources to Mike. I think a broad elucidation of the facts is all that is needed.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the input, guys! I really appreciate it.

I think you're all right about leaving Laura and the C's out of the letter. I was kind of hesitant to include it in the first place, but thought it really was the only argument I had going. I assumed the existing threads on monoatomic gold and Ormus had exhausted the topic. This was obviously a serious lapse in judgment, as RyanX's excellent research has shown.

RyanX, I am humbled by your fantastic research here. You're not just finding links, but you're connecting dots. Thanks for showing me how it's done :). I think you're right that there isn't necessarily a reason to be alarmed here; that this may just be someone using a gimmick to sell more greens supplements, but I still think it is worthwhile to point out the potential problems with Ormus to Mike Adams. Like I said before, I'm seeing more references to Ormus pop up in some of the holistic pundits talks and videos. Since Mike reaches a lot of people in the nutritional community, if he starts second guessing Ormus, then others may as well.

OK, when I get a chance I'm going to take another crack at the letter using some of the additional information posted here. I'll post it to this thread once it's done.
Thanks again for the input!

OK, I took another shot at the letter here; minus any references to the Cs or Laura. RyanX, I've borrowed heavily from your research here (I hope that's OK).

Dear Mr. Adams,

First off, let me commend you on running a truly excellent website. I think that Natural News' coverage of all sorts of nutrition related topics, including your unflinching criticism of Big Pharma and the food processing industry, is truly valiant.

I'm writing you with some concerns over one of the products you're promoting on your site called SunWarrior Ormus Greens (http://www.naturalnews.com/028331_SunWarrior_ormus_greens.html). Green food supplements are, of course, wonderful products that I use myself quite frequently, but I have a problem with the Ormus minerals said to be included in this supplement.

For several years now certain groups on the internet have been claiming miraculous results from taking in these ormus materials, specifically monoatomic gold and other monoatomic metals. I've read claims of everything from granting the ability to levitate, miraculous healings and "increased brain balance" to allowing one to achieve near instant spiritual metamorphosis. While these claims could be just chalked up to crackpot theories or the promises of snake oil salesmen, I feel there might be something more disturbing going on with Ormus materials. In your recent article on Ormus Greens, you say "Ormus advocates say that minerals and metals are transmuted in a more subtle way that makes them safer (and even beneficial) for human consumption." I would argue that these materials are anything but safe and beneficial.

A fair amount of research has been done on the effects of "nano gold" on DNA. As you may know, Ormus materials first gained popularity in association with "monoatomic gold", which may not actually be monoatomic (a single atom) but may be several particles of gold together (or nano gold as it's referred to in the scientific literature). In some of the studies I quote below, I think you'll find the properties of this nano gold may not be as beneficial as some would lead you to believe.

Here is a study that explains how nano gold can bind to DNA [http://www.cesar.ornl.gov/nanotechnology.html]. Here's another that shows how this gold binding "shields" the DNA, preventing it from transcribing[http://www.chem.umass.edu/~cmartin/Pubs/PDF/Gang_ChemBiolDrugDesign05.pdf]. Another study[http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1667/RR1080.1] finds that binding gold particles to DNA increases single and double strand breaks when exposed to radiation. This study is interested in using gold in the DNA of cancer cells to make radiation therapy more effective, but how will this bode for those taking Ormus supplements who then walk through the new airport scanners?

In this fascinating interview with George Schatz, professor of chemical and biological engineering at Northwestern University, he talks about how gold bound DNA actually melts at a specific temperature. "Researchers at a lab here at NU discovered that the single strands of DNA they attached to gold nanoparticles melted at a precise temperature – something that does not happen to DNA in its natural state". What that temperature is isn't stated, but one wonders if EM radiation could be used to heat this gold bound DNA at a distance.

Nano gold is also being used to bind to DNA and create tiny machines or nanobots. Here's an article [http://news.duke.edu/2008/06/nanogold.html] about creating cellular "spies" to "be able to infiltrate individual cells and report back in real time on the cell’s inner workings". Again, this study is interested in the use of this for observational applications, but the potenetial is there for more insidious uses. Can the spies also control specific biological processes?

It's hard to determine whether what is being used in these studies is the same thing as what is in Ormus minerals, but one thing to be sure of - nano gold has a very pronounced effect on DNA depending on its structure.

Also disturbing are some of the personal reports currently floating around the web. Here is the conclusion of one man's experiences with Ormus materials found here [http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/realthing.htm]. "So - was it all worth it? I don't know exactly how to answer that. I lost most of two years of my life and all my life savings. I developed a disease. I've changed in ways that I did not intend to and could not have even comprehended at the start. Although I didn't feel fear for all of that time - I was depressed for a part of it. If I knew what was going to happen - would I do it again? No. Definitely not. It was too hard. There were few points along the way that I was happy to be where I was. It wasn't fun at all."

Reports found here [http://www.laweekly.com/2008-09-25/columns/gold-fever-at-the-raw-spirit-festival-addicted-to-ormus/1#comments] and here [http://educate-yourself.org/lte/colloidalgoldgroupie23nov06.shtml] make the ingestion of ormus sound like something more conducive to the realm of the drug user than one who is concerned about their health. Is this really the type of material we want to have in our greens supplements.

The Ormus material is said by its promoters to rearrange the DNA structure of those who ingest it. But to what ends? They claim it rearranges DNA to be more conducive to enlightenment. I think we can safely say that if there really was a material out there that allowed for humanity to awaken out of the imposed reality of the control system in which we live, the powers that be would put a stop to it rather quickly, don't you? If the FDA can railroad Jim Folson into a 51 month prison sentence for selling Rife Machines, something I read about on Natural News, what do you think they can do to those selling monoatomic gold if it really is the panacea it's claimed to be? Is it possible this material is rearranging DNA in a more detrimental way? The fact that Ormus minerals are allowed to be sold, included in nutritional supplements sold over the internet even, without any repercussions from any government agency seems to counter everything the FDA stands for these days.

The reason I'm telling you all of this Mr. Adams is that I think you have to question whether promoting this product is really in the best interest of humanity, whom you obviously care about so much. I think that many of us in the holistic health field can unfortunately be lead astray by our wishful thinking. It's easy to buy into the idea of DNA activations, creating our own realities and Ormus materials because we wish it could be true. The world we live in is twisted by powers we can only begin to glimpse, where healthful substances are outlawed and toxic poisons are impossible to escape. It's only natural to wish for a quick escape.

However, wishful thinking is our greatest weakness and needs to be abolished from our consciousness if escape is really to be found. It's more important now than ever to engage our critical faculties and take a really good look at what is being offered. The sages have been telling us for centuries that there is no short cut to enlightenment and it is doubtful that Ormus is an exception.

Note that I'm not suggesting the people at SunWarrior are part of some mass conspiracy with devious aims for the human race enslaved (although I'm not necessarily discounting this possibility either). They could be as easily lead astray as many others who have bought into the shortcut to enlightenment being peddled by the Ormus minerals gang, whoever they may be. Or, more likely, the "Ormus factor" may be nothing more than a buzz word gimmick, riding on the coat tails of a new age trend.

In your article, you seemed somewhat skeptical of the "Ormus Factor", stating "If there really is Ormus in there, and if the Ormus really does raise my vibration level, then that's just a bonus as far as I'm concerned". But I question whether it really is a bonus. Considering the vast number of quality greens product alternatives out there without such a controversial ingredient, I'd say this is a bonus you could afford to do without. I think for your sake, and the sake of your customers who so value what you say about the products you review, you should reconsider your stance on Ormus Greens.

Sincerely,
dugdeep

Again, any input is welcome here.
Thanks.

Awesome! Great work Dugdeep! :clap:

I think this makes a great case against ORMUS using all the available research and information that is out there.

And yes, feel free to use anything I've posted on here. It was a fun excursion from my usual research and reading. :)

Great! Thanks Ryan X. :D
Now it's just a matter of finding out how to get it to Mike Adams. Again, if anyone has any idea of how to get in touch with him, I would appreciate a lead. I'm thinking I might just send something to "info@healthranger.org" as healthranger.org seems to be his personal site. Or maybe "mike@healthranger.org"?

dugdeep said:
Great! Thanks Ryan X. :D
Now it's just a matter of finding out how to get it to Mike Adams. Again, if anyone has any idea of how to get in touch with him, I would appreciate a lead. I'm thinking I might just send something to "info@healthranger.org" as healthranger.org seems to be his personal site. Or maybe "mike@healthranger.org"?

I've also seen the following e-mail in health yahoo groups, when people discuss new treatments or news: insider@naturalnews.com It is usually someone forwarding a news item to a bunch of health groups including that e-mail. I think it might be their discussion mail account or something related.

Good job!

Also want to say: great job dugdeep!
You've linked so much information that it will hopefully lead Mike Adams to do his research and reach his own conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom