Pendants - anybody wears and want to share experiences?

Amazing! I need to purchase this book 'Secret History'. I never thought of it that way. So basically, relying on pendants based on blind faith not scientifically backed evidence, is like relying on heroin or crack for a fix! Gosh i never thought of it that way, but it makes sense.
The words used to market devices like these are mesmerizing, illiciting a false sense of euphoria. (i suspect the use of NLP for these adverts).

It's the same for other spiritual practices. I was using this meditation technique from a 'leading edge' new age group, and i'm telling you, i got a buzz/high. It was to the point that if i didn't meditate that way, i would feel as if something is 'wrong'. (Maybe my spirit was just detoxing).
And i am telling you, i had withdrawal syndrome. Honest!

I maybe wrong, but should meditation be addictive, and produce a 'feel good' buzz? Or should it be a daunting task? I mean, why should one meditate daily, or 2x a day? Another question is 'What keeps some meditators so hooked?' Is it the natural realease of those feel good chemicals within the body, or is it the spiritual 'high' produced by those fake/ half baked truths? Hmmmmmm...............interesting,,.........makes me wonder....
Maybe the level of spiritual development of the seeker is what determines their reliance and frequency of meditation?

Any comments?

wilecoyote said:
I maybe wrong, but should meditation be addictive, and produce a 'feel good' buzz? Or should it be a daunting task? I mean, why should one meditate daily, or 2x a day? Another question is 'What keeps some meditators so hooked?' Is it the natural realease of those feel good chemicals within the body, or is it the spiritual 'high' produced by those fake/ half baked truths? Hmmmmmm...............interesting,,.........makes me wonder....
Maybe the level of spiritual development of the seeker is what determines their reliance and frequency of meditation?

Any comments?
Let me present to you THE most constructive form of meditation there is. It is challenging, its results are concrete and they do not depend on being "high", and development is most rapid and assured. In fact, you may consider all other "practices" as secondary and supplementary to it.

In India it goes by the name Karma Yoga, the Yoga of Works. Observation is included in this, mindfullness, and even quieting the mind. In fact, you can divert any method of "sitting meditation" to it. The difference is that you approach the meditate state while you engage in you daily business, and in every waking moment.

You see, any state of mind you stimulate is associated with the conditions of that stimulation. When those conditions are specific, and especially if the stimulus is very structured, your state of mind is dependent on that specificity.

When your conditions, however, include every event in your life you are truly integrating that state of mind into your being. So my advice would be to find a method simple enough that you can do ANYWHERE and ANYTIME. Sure, moments where you are sitting will be easier to engage in such a thing, but these need to transfer to walking, reading, working even talking and eating.

If the meditation is too specific and structured, and you cannot even begin to perform it in any other way than a state of physical incapacitation, it is probably not something that you can really integrate. If you cannot integrate it, dependency upon the conditions developes.

Now being mindful or meditative, even with some structured assistance, during the course of your daily activities is really challenging. However, in that way your life becomes a constant state of prayer (in the sense of communion, not asking for things), and because you are doing this under varied conditions there is no addictive adaptation effect.

Eventually, you can reach a state of inner communion, and focus on the state itself rather than any structures causing it. You cannot do this in sitting meditation because the conditions are so specific as to actually create a set of Pavlovian circumstances upon which the state attaches.

Those who sell meditation techniques want you to be addicted to them, so they can keep selling stuff to you and those you try to convince how great the method is, the same way any addict tries to get others to "try it".

The question whether meditation should feel good or be a daunting task, IMO, is irrelevent. True meditation is deconditioning from inner programming first and foremost, at least in its primary stages. It creates a state where the mind releases thinking habits so it can begin to restructure, and gain a higher state of complexity.

Your daily activities are associated with stimuli that trigger conditioned responses. So when you meditate while active, you are engaging in real-time dynamic deconditioning all the time! Try it and notice how much resistance you might feel. So it is daunting, because it addresses the problem of conditioning directly, but at the same time it is rewarding because, face it, being free feels good.

THEN, when you are deconditioned enough your mind can begin to reveal to you all those other perks resulting from allowing it to rewire itself in a complexity that more accurately mirrors the creative nature of the Universe itself.

So you might want to streamline your "methods" and keep them simple enough that you can apply them anywhere, although as I said this is very challenging. I would advise learning to sense the presence of your body in the world, and sense you own awareness or I AM as the presence of you without any concepts or thoughts attached, i.e. sense the one behind the thoughts.

The results are to become deconditioned while still immersed in grounded reality and life, and hence you are detached from programs, but not divorced from reality.

My two cents.

That was more than 2 cents in value, that was worth a $100 bill.
This actual bare bones analysis forces me to realize that many of the popular forms of meditation are bullox, and 'spiritual' drugs, which intoxicate one to the point of just living for the 'high' of day to day meditation. The get so 'blissed' out that it's all they stop looking at hard evidence, or results of their practices. All they know is that after their meditations, they feel 'gooood'. (i can attest to that).
But after reflecting on one's self, i began to notice how i would use 'meditation' as an escape from reality. I felt as if i needed to meditate in order to face the day............that programming has worn off, because i've been doing just fine practicing self-observation and awareness.

Thanx Esoquest.

EsoQuest said:
I would advise learning to sense the presence of your body in the world, and sense you own awareness or I AM as the presence of you without any concepts or thoughts attached, i.e. sense the one behind the thoughts.
Don Juan submits Castaneda to sustain attention up to dramatic heights, thus, the discipline of the warrior: The "not-doings" as means to breack the programing would also demand a radical presence of the self, and this would demand a suspension of judgment whilst dropping self-pity. Eventually, or ultimatelly, the body is only action -silent action.
And the oportunity to jump on the moment of Eternity appears.
Could this terms also explain your exposittion?

The Gardner said:
Could this terms also explain your exposittion?
In part. By body, I mean the whole of it. We often tend to think of the body as a piece of meat, or a vessel, and in a way it is. However, the body also sustains our capacity for awareness. The brain and nervous system, are also of the body. As physical beings, we sustain a mind that is impaired if the organs sustaining it are impaired.

We can, in fact, trace psychopathy in the body, and if is safe to say that there is no psychopathy if it is not physiologically reflected. So let me use the term body/mind to include this whole.

The body (or body/mind whole) IS action, in my view. However, I need to qualify this, to make it clearer, according to my own take, of course. The body/mind can be seen to sustain five basic dynamics (there are two more, which are not within the scope of this discussion).

In the hypothesis I am presenting, you can model these dynamics in four directions around a center. The center is the essence of personal being. We can call this the soul, for lack of a better word. This soul is scattered and fragmented in most people, and I agree with Gurdjieff in that it needs to be precipitated or crystallized.

The body moderates the extention of this fundamental essence of our individualized being with the world. It does so through four fundamental dynamics one can imagine surrounding the soul, and these can be organized on two axes.

One axis represents a past/future orientation, and the other an inner/outer orientation. The past is more than temporal here, and includes our vast repository of experience, which is contained in the body through our genetic patterns. These represent the accumulation of an evolutionary process culminating in us as our genetic heritage. So the body is in one sense a hall of records that we must unlock, and repository of evolutionary experience, and yes this includes what we call karma (especially when we think of body in terms of body/mind).

The future is the void where all possibilities of expression lie. It is the realm of choices, and the unknown. It is the horizon of our learning. Although one may posit theories of existent futures, in a free will reality every future is indeterminate. There may be tendencies, and their may be purpose, and there may be blocks, but the essential nature of the future as a path that precipitates as our present is indeterminate and open-ended.

So orientation to this void is another one of the body's modes of action. An individual's capability to address this void of what is not-yet, through accessing his/her past experience in a correspondingly capable and response-able fashion is the hallmark of the warrior of essence in my view.

You can metaphorically consider this "past/future" line to be oriented in terms of back and front in spacial terms. These intersect at the present moment, which is the home of what we can call the soul.

From the soul center extends another axis, (again metaphorically) at right angles to the first (forming a cross with it). This is the axis of inner/outer. To avoid confusion, the soul is the inner world, but as the center it also acts as a lens. Through its lens we have the relationship between the world and our model of it. In the inner/outer axis as I describe it here, the "inner" part represents the model of the world we hold in our neuronic structures.

This includes thoughts, feelings, perceptions, beliefs, biases, and anything that structures what we call the world of the subjective. Its nature is coherent with the present moment, or rather the here and now presence of our individualized essence. When that essence is not crystallized the lense is either lacking, distorted, corrupted/"dirty" or something else is imitating it.

This inner direction is the universe within, and this is structured by our neuronal matrix, as Laura described in detail. Ideally, the inner world is meant to reflect or lens (acting as the retina in the eye) the universe without. When the lens is clear we call our inner world objective. Hence, a clear sense of self results in clear vision or seeing. Since this physiologically depends on our neuronal state, including its biochemistry, it is a function of that action capacity of the body/mind, and as such a warrior of essence must master it.

This internal modal of the world also stands as the basis for our "outer" orientation, which is what we would normally think of as our mode of action. This mode of action constitutes our relationship with the world at any given moment, and ideally is also a function of the central essence of being we can call soul.

What you describe through you reference to Castanenda as the discipline of the warrior most visibly pertains to our direct relationship with the world. In this sense, the clear soul lens moderates the relationship between inner and outer bidirectionally (it goes both ways).

So when our inner world is objectively structured we do not sustain judgments, nor do we hold self-pity or self importance because these do not constitute accurate reflections of reality. They are subjective infestations growing in our inner world model due to disconnection with the outer world, because of the lack of a clear soul-lens.

And it goes without saying that the axis of inner/outer is sustained by our body (contained as inner, and expressed outwardly). The task of the warrior of essence is to precipitate and integrate the essence of their central being with body/mind, so the latter is an uninhibited membrane of its action and nature, and not a rigid shell enclosing it. The task of the warrior is to, furthermore, activate, align and balance the other four dynamics I described around this center. And here, again, the field is body (or rather body/mind).

The result of this balance is objective, balanced relationship with the moment of eternity both in its relation with inner and outer orientations, and its relation to the directions of past and future.

I hope I have not veered off too much from your question in my attempts to elaborate.

You have such a unique and beautifully clear way to explain what is being asked, and then to expand one's horizons... into... such a... contemplation!
I thank your detailed exposittion(s), EQ. Those two axes... how interesting.
Taking notes, Sr.
Thanks again! :)

moonwalker said:
I've read that quote many times. The one where Each soul can create or destroy all existence if they know how, and I find it staggering that this is posssible or that I (if I have a soul that is) may be capable of these God like actions. Has anyone else contemplated this?
Sure have, it brings to mind the quote by the Cs "one in, all in" when it comes to 7th Density. Which I meant to understand that if only one soul 'gets there' then we all start over again... Big Bang time again? In order to maintain an equilibrium it is necessary to keep some sort of universal balance (probably between STO & STS).

Back to the pendants. I was once shown how a crystal pendant starts to rotate if held stationary on a string or cord over a persons charkras. At the time, I was curious as to why it rotated one way with some people and the opposite way with others. Perhaps this was part of some kind of overall energetic balance? (It was kind of like the direction of flow of water down a plug hole is different in the Northern Hemisphere to the Southern Hemisphere.) And, I wasn't sure if the direction the crystal moved in was capable of changing in each individual.

When the crystal pendand was not moving much, I was told that the charka concerned was 'under-energized'. I suppose this make sense.

In order to try this for yourself, you need a crystal pendant and a person lying down. Hold the pendant as still as you can over the areas of the chakras and see if it starts to swing and then go round and round in circles.

Ruth said:
Back to the pendants. I was once shown how a crystal pendant starts to rotate if held stationary on a string or cord over a persons charkras. At the time, I was curious as to why it rotated one way with some people and the opposite way with others. Perhaps this was part of some kind of overall energetic balance? (It was kind of like the direction of flow of water down a plug hole is different in the Northern Hemisphere to the Southern Hemisphere.) And, I wasn't sure if the direction the crystal moved in was capable of changing in each individual.

When the crystal pendand was not moving much, I was told that the charka concerned was 'under-energized'. I suppose this make sense.

In order to try this for yourself, you need a crystal pendant and a person lying down. Hold the pendant as still as you can over the areas of the chakras and see if it starts to swing and then go round and round in circles.
"The important thing seems to be the length of the line which the pendulum swings on. In his book, "The Power of The Pendulum," Tom Lethbridge explains his own experiments into pendulum lengths and also his own theories as to how dowsing works."
http://www.mystical-www.co.uk/prediction/dowse.htm

An interesting thing about using pendulums for chakras is that they can spin and change direction on any given day. Also try doing it before and then after going for a run or going on a first date ;)

I've got the qlink thing on my mobile phone - I've tested it with kinesiology muscle testing and barring any subjective intervention on my part of the tester there seems to be an increase in muscle "strength" with it on. I still able to feel the EMF from the phone but less. In any case the mobile phone one was only 15 bucks so it was worth a shot.

It's wonderful that so many engage in intellectual discourse on the theory of the efficacy of aforementioned pendants.

The reason I found this site is I am considering adding one of these pieces to my arsenal of protection. I am not a superstitious sort, rather, someone who is deeply concerned with the effects of emfs and rf.

Since I didn't see Fukushima included amongst topics, I am compelled to mention it.

Because study and theory spur critical thinking, kudos.
However, I was hoping to see some empirical, personal criticisms regarding said devices. I still would, should anyone care to impart them.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom