Ear damage

mocachapeau

Dagobah Resident
I figure this might be a lost cause, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Does anyone know of any natural way to either repair, or have a positive effect, on ear damage? Is it possible that our detoxing and breathing could have such an effect?

The reason I ask is that my ears have been ringing permanently, since high school (I'm 40). I believe it was due to the volume of music in the gym at our high school dances. On the weekend after a dance, watching a basketball game, when the ref blew the whistle, all I would hear was destructive interference - the ringing in my ear would stop for the length of time the whistle blew. Playing live music from age 18 to 32 didn't help much either.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how nice it would be to actually experience complete silence, again. I've forgotten what it's like.

I too have tinnitus from exposure to loud music from bands . At first it was terrible but I got used to it and I even find when others are annoyed at a noise externally like a buzzing or something, I don't mind at all. So you could say life gave me a lesson and I've learned to raise my tolerance level of external annoyance! :D

Even so, I find it hard to get in the 'moment' because of the noise and it is made even more difficult from myself remembering what it used to be like before I damaged my ear, but that's another story.

I remember reading this thread about infrared sauna's and how they could potentially help tinnitus.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13637.0

Hope this helps!

Paragon said:
Even so, I find it hard to get in the 'moment' because of the noise and it is made even more difficult from myself remembering what it used to be like before I damaged my ear, but that's another story.

Isn't THAT the truth.

There is definitely some helpful information in the thread you linked. I have a portable infrared sauna. I wonder if it would be best for me to take the stool out and sit down with my head right in it.

But all in all, I think Psyche is right - it's worth giving a try. I think it might be best if I do it more often.

Thanks.

Hello all,

A friend of mine just recently talked to me about having nerve damage that is progressively causing deafness for her. Unlike the posters on this thread, it is not caused by exposure to loud music but by causes unknown. Some of the other things she told me made it sound as if she could have been exposed to environmental toxins such as mercury at some point. A quick google search revealed that mercury exposure is indeed linked to peripheral nerve damage that can cause hearing loss as well as the impairment of other senses.

I guess what I am saying is, that while it is currently unknown to us if detox protocols could ameliorate the damage, it seems it could certainly protect one from toxic substances that could add to the problem.

Sometimes acting to improve our health can bring benefits in unexpected ways. Some years ago I made changes in my life, better food choices, supplements, exercise. After a few months my hearing improved. I had been having trouble understanding conversations to the point where I needed a low level hearing aid. I haven't used the hearing aid in years.

Since beginning detox, refining my supplements with help from the Forum and EE my hearing has improved even further. I hear as well as ever. :)

mocachapeau, Good that you use the IR sauna. Experimenting some with our supplements and regular EE might help with the ringing.
FWIW you mention getting your head inside the sauna. When I use my FIR bag I wear a hat until I start to sweat then take it off. I'm just a little concerned about over heating the brain. Just a precaution, I guess.

Mac

mocachapeau said:
The reason I ask is that my ears have been ringing permanently, since high school (I'm 40). [..]
I've been thinking a lot lately about how nice it would be to actually experience complete silence, again. I've forgotten what it's like.

Sorry to hear about it, tinnitus is a very disheartening condition. This product helped my husband a while back:

_http://www.naturesanswer.com/articles/read_articles_searchresult.asp?id=40

may be worth adding to your daily regimen of supplements and detox. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom