More Child boards in Diet and Health

Mike

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm currently in Massage Therapy school and find that studying Anatomy and Physiology as part of the course work has really kicked off my interest in how the body works and many of the topics in Diet and Health. I've been thinking that more child boards in this section might help organize and bring together all the great information posted throughout the various threads on the various topics. An example is the information posted by LBQ about the Colon in the thread 'Gut reactions and the gut'.
Some boards that I think might help:
- Pathology
- Vitamins/Minerals
- Organs and Systems
- Toxins and Detox

After reading a number of the recommended books on health and studying various subjects for class, I find that I'm having a hard time finding and understanding how the whole system of body works in a complete picture (what organs affect each other, how they do so, and what can be done in situations where the body is out of balance and how to bring it back into balance and homeostasis.) The child boards might help to collect information and the personal experiences and experimentation by members.

I'm also thinking about buying a couple textbooks and want to see if anyone has a better recommendation for the ones I'm looking at because they are expensive. Maybe I don't need them to find what I'm looking for or maybe they aren't worth the money:
For an understanding of how the body works:
- Vander's Human Physiology: The Mechanisms of Body Function with ARIS (HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY (VANDER)) by Eric P. Widmaier

Complete textbooks on Functional or Integrative Medicine:
- Textbook of Functional Medicine
- Integrative Medicine: Text with BONUS PocketConsult Handheld Software (Rakel, Integrative Medicine)

Another thought is this information might be helpful to explain subjects like "keeping the heat below the neck" in that if the physiological mechanism and reactions in the body that place during such an experience can be explored and explained, then the topic might be better understood by individuals. This might help give a fuller picture of the action and background as described by Laura in Self-Observation, Inner Talking & Work Instrument

Bear said:
Some boards that I think might help:
- Pathology
- Vitamins/Minerals
- Organs and Systems
- Toxins and Detox

One possible addition might be on cleanses as in:
Colon cleanse
Liver cleanse/flush
Parasite cleanse
Kidney cleanse
Calcium flush
Blood cleanse

Perhaps that would be best put on the new EE forum for a wider audience?

I think it will be nice to have them in the EE forum and we can post it here as well.

Bear, I think those textbooks are good. The textbook of Functional Medicine is in my wishlist, but it is too expensive. That is the problem with textbooks :( Let us know what you find :)

The EE forum sounds like a good place for it. That way it can get more exposure and any good info. can be posted here in the various threads.
Psyche said:
Bear, I think those textbooks are good. The textbook of Functional Medicine is in my wishlist, but it is too expensive. That is the problem with textbooks :( Let us know what you find :)
Will do.

Back
Top Bottom