Texas law and innoculations

Tarri

Jedi Master
Since moving to Texas I was introduced to my 19 month old niece. Her mom has never given her the shots the medical establishment push's so hard. Well, she has had to put her into daycare because of work. My niece came over, she had been given four sets of shots and has to have two others. The day care said she had to have her shots, and the Doctors said ALL the shots that she has missed since birth, she had to have, pluss the one's that are due now. They said there is no longer a way to refuse the shots, wether they be religious or by paperwork. I had not heard that this had happened. It hadn't in Oregon that I know of. Has anyone come across thisA? Where you have NO choice?
They are going to make sure all the next generations until things come about are going to be sick and diseased. All of them.

Tarri

To my knowledge, only Mississippi and West Virginia have no vaccination exemptions other than medical.

There doesn't seem to be any change in the Texas vaccination law that would completely do away with vaccination exemptions. Medical, reasons of conciousness, and religious exemptions are listed in the latest Texas Administrative Code (of 2004, fully operational as of 2007):

_http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=25&pt=1&ch=97&rl=62

A provisional 30-day enrollment into a public school, until either the exemption paperwork is submitted or vaccinations are administered, is also written into the law.

_http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/faqvaccineexemptionintexas01jun04.shtml

My guess is that the daycare and the Doctor either are ignorant or are misinforming over your sister (or sister-in-law) for their own purposes.

The state law applies only to public schools or state-run childcare programs like Head Start. Privately run offices can set their own rules. I have learned it by experience, when we were turned away from two pediatric practices and were refused urgent care in a walk-in clinic because my kids are not fully immunized (exempted or not). I imagine that they view unvaccinated kids as a liability and an extra-risk for their insurers.

If the day care your niece attends doesn't accept unvaccinated kids, there is nothing that can be done about. And once your niece started getting her vaccinations, both the daycare and the doctor would want to see them all up to date ASAP so that their paperwork is in order.

The only way out IMO would be find both a doctor and a day care that take unvaccinated children. I eventually transferred my kids to our family doctor, who made no fuss about vaccinations. A more "natural"-type physician such as a DO may also be an option. But I don't think she HAS to vaccinate because of some law provisions, there is no evidence of that.

Hope this helps. THank you for sharing and please keep us posted!

In the 80's, I worked for Dr. Mayer Eisenstein while attending university. I recently googled his practice name and found a wealth of info regarding vaccination exemptions at his website. Mayer was strictly opposed to vaccinations, long before it became a well known issue. Many of his patients choose not to vaccinate their children (Mayer's practice specializes in delivering babies at home).

Below is a list of which states allow religious, medical and/or personal belief exemptions. Included in this link is a US map which will direct you to each states rules and regulations for vaccine requirements. His sight also gives information on how to write your own vaccine waiver.

http://homefirst.com/info-1/vaccine-choice/vaccine-exemption-law-state-by-state.html
Vaccine Exemption Law State by State: It is law in all US states that children be properly immunized before attending school. However, in addition to medical exemptions offered in each state, 48 states allow for religious exemptions and 19 states allow personal belief exemptions for daycare and school.Exemptions by State (updated January 22, 2007):

religious exemptions : All states but Mississippi and West Virginia

personal belief exemptions 1,2: Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin

(1 Personal belief exemptions include religious, philosophical and any other unspecified non-medical exemption;
2Arizona offers a personal belief exemption for school but not daycare)

Perhaps this is useful for state run schools and daycares, but as Hildegarda pointed out, privately run daycares/peds practices can refuse to accept un-vaccinated children, or so it seems. Also note that vaccination records are never verified. So I suppose, one could tell them whatever they wanted to.

Thank you. I have gone to the websites and printed out the info for her. I wish she had said something before letting my niece get those shots.
I personally would not wish to subject a child to these conditions at this time. I don't mean to be rude or insensitive by that statement, its just that so many things are messed up.
Those that do have children, I have to tell you that I respect your courage and deturmination. And the selfless love it takes.

Blessings. Tarri

Back
Top Bottom