Sleepiness and lack of energy.

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hello.

Since some weeks now I'm experiencing great tiredness every evening, which starts about 7 p.m. and from this time on I can hardly concentrate and manage the stuff I have and like to do (I already slept about 2hrs today and now force myself to post this here).
In the morning, there is dizziness/vertigo and as mentioned tiredness in the evening, which makes it hard to fulfil things.

I'm on the ultra-simple diet. Taking lots of supplements (Vit C.; Multi Vit.; Fish Oil capsules; Adrenal Cortex; DLPA; GABA; 5 HTP; psyllium husks; Mg Chloride; digestive enzymes; phosphatityl choline). Food I eat a lot is butter (I'm somehow addicted to butter and salt) and apples (not organic based, maybe the chemicals on them causing troubles?) and beans (out of tins, only added with water and salt), carrots, brown rice.

And one other thing that is coming to my mind is, that I'm eating a lot, but it could be that rice is not that good to fill the stomach over a longer time.

I would be glad of receiving any feedback, if it has something to do with chronic fatigue or whatever it could be.

At the beginning I thought about posting it in the ÉE topic, if there could be a connection but I'm not entirely sure if that is the case.

What time do you take those supplements, specifically the GABA and 5-HTP? Also, this could be a side effect of toxin die-off in your system. Their has also been a shift in the Ultra-Simple Diet wherein brown rice is now a food that needs to be eliminated for some time and then re-integrated to test sensitivity. Same with butter, and you should stay away from canned beans while you are on the diet, since many times they contain some kind of evil substance.

Laura posted an updated version of the Ultra Simple Diet on the EE forum which you may wish to check out to make sure you are following the most current version:

http://eiriu-eolas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14&p=118&hilit=ultra+simple+diet#p118

Heimdallr already gave you good pointers, I just wanted to add that perhaps you can try a few days off GABA to see if that makes any difference. Or at least reducing to one dose before sleeping and skipping the one of dinner time.

Thank you.

Today I have no problems at all, I have done some minutes before also kind of concentration exercises.

It looks like: wait and see what is happening.

Nonetheless, the dizziness is momentarily the main problem, I also tried to drink 600ml filtered water in the morning, suggested by my doctor, alas without any positive effect. Tomorrow I try to take less supplements in the morning and see what is happening then.

Some of the supplements might actually be helpful, see here for more tips:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17095.0

I hope it gets resolved. Dizziness can be really a bother...

Hi Gawan,

I've been struggling on and off with the same thing as you, I recently posted about it here.

Some things that I've noticed/learned that might be useful for you to consider:

- The type of diet that many of us here are following has probably a highly more detoxing effect than I've even have come to think about. I think that taking all these supplements and following the diet really cleanses and detoxes your body effectively, which I often tend to forget. And for me personally, this means to take good care of the 'dumping' of the toxins. In a colonoscopy that was done on me some years ago the doctor stated that I have a point in my ascending colon that is very tight, sort of crooked. So, in other words I've noticed that even though my 'dumping system' is functioning fairly well, not everything gets out properly. Which is where coffee enemas come very, very useful. Whenever I get this very specific ache on the right side of my neck I know that toxic stuff has been piling up - and this usually is accompanied with extreme fatigue and loss of energy. So, in other words, I highly recommend doing the coffee enema (or regular enema) every now and then, especially when you're feeling tired and 'foggy'.

- The 5-HTP seems like a tricky substance to take; I've experimented a lot with the timing of taking it. Sometimes taking it in the daytime makes me feel tired and phlegmatic. The best results I get is when I take it in the middle of the day, after a meal (say 1hour after). Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night, I take one capsule and get great sleep, sometimes not. So a lot of experimenting is required with this substance, I guess. It can make you sleepy or too alert.

- I've noticed that I need more protein, especially in the morning. A while ago I took rice protein in the morning and the afternoon, and it really helped with mind clarity and energy levels. Now I'm out again, and I notice the difference. Have to order more....

Hope this was of any help. Stable and good energy levels to you! :)

Aragorn said:
Hope this was of any help. Stable and good energy levels to you! :)

Thanks for the answer Aragorn, I will be considering about what you wrote.

Back
Top Bottom