Problems to get the day started.

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hello,

especially when I have days off I'm having great problems to get my day started. So far, I have to do many things for school, where I know I have kind of a resistance to do anything at all.
Out of this reason, I bought a book to structure my day better and to "eat the frog" every morning, maybe I take it too seriously? The explanation follows.

After I stand up, I'm motivated, I would be ready to "eat the frog", but then I start to get hungry, so I'm preparing something to eat. Today I only ate -white- basmati rice with salt and afterwards a little bit of smoked trout. (I'm on the ultra-simple diet) Some time after eating, then the no motivation mood gets started, where everything doesn't matter anymore and I'm in the -no mood- to start anything productive at all. This mood lasts then for about 5hrs. It could be described maybe that I'm walking in a fog, my legs are heavy and to walk in the flat around is exhausting.

Today I took the following supplements:

• [#]20 minutes before eating: 50mg of 5htp (because I thought this is the reason for the no-motivation in the last days and weeks)
    [#]Adrenal cortex 100mg
    [#]~3 gr of Vit. C
    [#]Fishoil
    [#]Phosphatidyl Choline
    [#]Multi Vitamin
    [#]few drops of DMSO (ears)
    [#]Psyllium husks

This phenomenon is happening since many weeks if not months.

Should I try, maybe to eat rice the hole day? To exclude if it is an allergic reaction? Or should I force myself to try to do something useful, nonetheless of the mood? What is a little bit funny, when I have school, then most often (if not all the time) these "body reactions" don't occur, only when I have days off. Am I looking for excuses not to do something useful?

I think that doing something regardless of our mood is a good way to cause friction and it might happen that once you do something, your mood changes. Like the feeling appearing only once you took action.

Having said that, I think that there is still a health/physical component that can improve. It might take further experimentation, for example your symptoms remind me too of yeast overgrowth.

I think you can increase the 5 HTP to at least 300mg, here are some of the symptoms related to low serotonin:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=17292.msg153631#msg153631

Problems in thinking, concentrating and decision making
* Low self esteem
* Needless feelings of unworthiness and guilt
* Loss of interest and pleasure in usual activities

The other thought that comes to my mind now is that white basmati rice and smoked fish are a "no" in an anti-yeast diet.

My 2 centavos :flowers:

Psyche said:
I think that doing something regardless of our mood is a good way to cause friction and it might happen that once you do something, your mood changes. Like the feeling appearing only once you took action.

Having said that, I think that there is still a health/physical component that can improve. It might take further experimentation, for example your symptoms remind me too of yeast overgrowth.

I think you can increase the 5 HTP to at least 300mg, here are some of the symptoms related to low serotonin:

* Low self esteem

The other thought that comes to my mind now is that white basmati rice and smoked fish are a "no" in an anti-yeast diet.

Thank you Psyche,

I really need to make further changes in my diet, because sometimes this is a no-living anymore. Printed out one candida-topic (to do something against yeast) and I'm looking also for a FIR blanket and glutamine.

Gawan said:
Psyche said:

* Low self esteem

Thank you Psyche,

I really need to make further changes in my diet, because sometimes this is a no-living anymore. Printed out one candida-topic (to do something against yeast) and I'm looking also for a FIR blanket and glutamine.

One thing I had to do about diet that might be an option: buying frozen veggies, as much variety as possible excluding corn, soy, and added 'sauces'. As much as I can, I try to eat fresh. The problem is having energy to manage to prepare fresh food.

Another good tool to use to prepare meals is a crock pot. (I can't do without one, because my Hubby doesn't eat the same things I do.) You can do meat and veggies in the morning and it will be ready by evening.

We have one large crock pot and two medium sized ones. Sometimes I use all of them, but most of the time its the large one to prepare a meal that will last the entire week, most often meats.

Just a few ideas to try. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom