This is embarrasing but..... (hemorrhoids)

slowone

Jedi Master
This is embarrassing but I could do with some advice.

To cut a very long story short I have ended up with piles (hemorrhoids). I wouldn't be sharing this except I'm in quite a lot of pain and I wondered if anyone had any advice.

I have used the over the counter remedies but I'm still really uncomfortable. I searched on line and a couple of people reported good results with DMSO and as I have some I'm using that daily.

I've put off seeing the doctor as it's still only been about a week I was hoping to resolve this myself. It's even more difficult because my job is quite physical and I'm uncomfortable even sitting down. :(

If anyone has any experience of this and any other remedies that they can recommend I'd be really grateful. Otherwise I think it's off to the doctors next week.

Re: This is embarrasing but.....

Have you been constipated? Which over the counter products have you tried?

`during one of my pregnancies I had some piles too...so I can personally recommend witch-hazel ointment worked like a dream for me

the other thing to do is to deal with the cause...straining when evacuating...you may not think you are constipated but it sounds like you are
are you taking supplements and doing the ultra diet?
drinking enough filtered water?

if you up the magnesium it should loosen you up a bit

slippery elm is also great for constipation and diarrhea too
so is a table spoon of olive oil ;)

T.C. said:
Have you been constipated? Which over the counter products have you tried?

I'm afraid a holiday moment of gluten/dairy cream tea madness with sandwiches played havoc with my digestion, and yes constipation was the result. Diet back on track, damage done.

I think also I've been really busy/stressed emotionally and physically. I had a big row with my parents, we've been having work done to the house. Kind of all a bit full on.

I've used "Germoloids" an over the counter product here in the UK made with Zinc Oxide and Lidocaine Hydrochloride.

I just wondered if anyone here on the forum could recommend something that worked for them. I've taken pain killers now I'm so uncomfortable.

Data said:
Are you sure it is a Hemorrhoid? There are also "false hemorrhoids" called Perianal Hematoma (Wiki). I had one of those, and it vanished within four weeks or so.

Thanks Data, It went on it's own? I think I'll see how I get on for the next 24 hours and then make an appointment to see the doctor for advice. I was assuming it was hemorroids.

Hi Slowone

From a body-mind connection, the following may help – make you feel comfortable, or not,
Louise Hay in You Can Heal Your Life said:
Hemorrhoids – Fear of deadlines. Anger at the past. Afraid to let go. Feeling burdened.
and,
Lise Bourbeau in Your body’s telling you: Love yourself! said:
HEMORRHOIDS
EMOTIONAL BLOCK
Hemorrhoids reveal a build-up of emotional pressure caused by stress and fear that you would rather not discuss and show. The result is burdensome. Hemorrhoids may occur if you pressure or force yourself to have more; perhaps you are enduring a job that you do not like. Since hemorrhoids are located in the rectum (the terminal portion of the large intestine), you are constantly pushing yourself to finish thinks. Do you ask too much of yourself? Have you created undue tension trying to have something or someone because of material insecurity and difficulty in making decisions?
MENTAL BLOCK
The more pronounced your inner sense of insecurity, the more you may suffer from hemorrhoids. In order to mitigate this insecurity, you push yourself to do in order to have. When you feel that things are not moving along as quickly as you want, do you burn with impatience? It is essential that you develop a consistent faith in the Universe, an unfailing trust that everything is as it should be and that all of God’s children will be provided for. Learn to let go and to express your feelings openly and honestly while acknowledging your fear of material deprivation.

Does any of this feel familiar?

(For me the main problem is pushing my-self, impatience, and above all else - letting go, and having the ability to express feelings!!!)

Trevrizent said:
Hi Slowone

From a body-mind connection, the following may help – make you feel comfortable, or not,
Louise Hay in You Can Heal Your Life said:
Hemorrhoids – Fear of deadlines. Anger at the past. Afraid to let go. Feeling burdened.
and,
Lise Bourbeau in Your body’s telling you: Love yourself! said:
HEMORRHOIDS
EMOTIONAL BLOCK
Hemorrhoids reveal a build-up of emotional pressure caused by stress and fear that you would rather not discuss and show. The result is burdensome. Hemorrhoids may occur if you pressure or force yourself to have more; perhaps you are enduring a job that you do not like. Since hemorrhoids are located in the rectum (the terminal portion of the large intestine), you are constantly pushing yourself to finish thinks. Do you ask too much of yourself? Have you created undue tension trying to have something or someone because of material insecurity and difficulty in making decisions?
MENTAL BLOCK
The more pronounced your inner sense of insecurity, the more you may suffer from hemorrhoids. In order to mitigate this insecurity, you push yourself to do in order to have. When you feel that things are not moving along as quickly as you want, do you burn with impatience? It is essential that you develop a consistent faith in the Universe, an unfailing trust that everything is as it should be and that all of God’s children will be provided for. Learn to let go and to express your feelings openly and honestly while acknowledging your fear of material deprivation.

Does any of this feel familiar?

(For me the main problem is pushing my-self, impatience, and above all else - letting go, and having the ability to express feelings!!!)

Trevrizent,

Hah Hah, That would be yes to all of the above, I especially feel I'm not involoved in the forum enough at the moment and it's making me anxious. I'm always in conflict about my need to have materially too much, and I never feel I do enough. I won't even start on my inability to make a decision....

And now I can't sit down!!! :cry:

Thank you for that it made me laugh :D, which hurts as well!!! :(

Hi Slowone,

like rrraven, I too had some piles during my pregnancy. I've been applying then suppositories made of: Acidum boricum, Balsamum peruvianum, Bismuthi oxidum, Bismuthi subgallas, Resorcinolum, Zinci oxidum; they made miracles! :) Maybe you can find something similar where you live. As much as possible, avoid lifting heavy stuff and sitting on soft, upholstered chairs, sofas etc. And no matter how it sounds, pushing the piles back inside helps a lot, both in terms of reducing pain and speeding up recovery. Of course, anti-inflammatory diet and preventing constipation are also very important healing factors.

Hope you'll get better soon!

rrraven said:
`during one of my pregnancies I had some piles too...so I can personally recommend witch-hazel ointment worked like a dream for me

the other thing to do is to deal with the cause...straining when evacuating...you may not think you are constipated but it sounds like you are
are you taking supplements and doing the ultra diet?
drinking enough filtered water?

if you up the magnesium it should loosen you up a bit

slippery elm is also great for constipation and diarrhea too
so is a table spoon of olive oil ;)

Thanks RRaven, I have some Witch hazel I'll try it.

As far as constipation I'm OK now although you are quite right I do have to be careful. I've always had a slow digestive system but clearing my diet of Gluten and dairy and nightshades worked miracles. I strayed to the darkside when we were away, hungry and a very large Cream tea beckoned that started a week or so of dairy and gluten again before I reigned it in but the damage was done so to speak.
Possibility of Being said:
Hi Slowone,

like rrraven, I too had some piles during my pregnancy. I've been applying then suppositories made of: Acidum boricum, Balsamum peruvianum, Bismuthi oxidum, Bismuthi subgallas, Resorcinolum, Zinci oxidum; they made miracles! :) Maybe you can find something similar where you live. As much as possible, avoid lifting heavy stuff and sitting on soft, upholstered chairs, sofas etc. And no matter how it sounds, pushing the piles back inside helps a lot, both in terms of reducing pain and speeding up recovery. Of course, anti-inflammatory diet and preventing constipation are also very important healing factors.

Hope you'll get better soon!
Hi Possibility of being those suppositories sound great. Are they a branded item? or made up by yourself?

slowone said:
Thanks Data, It went on it's own? I think I'll see how I get on for the next 24 hours and then make an appointment to see the doctor for advice. I was assuming it was hemorroids.

Yes. It was quite uncomfortable, but after a time it went away on its own. I think Hemorroids are a long-time symptom, and what I had was short time - like, within weeks. I did not go to a doctor, but was pretty certain what it was, after I had researched a bit.

slowone said:
Hi Possibility of being those suppositories sound great. Are they a branded item? or made up by yourself?

Yeah, they are called Hemorectal, that's a product made by GlaxoSmithKline' branch located in Poland, so I'm not sure it can help. I am also not sure how safe are the ingredients, so you better wait for Psyche's input. To make things even more uncertain, I just found this:

Choose a cream. Choose a hemorrhoid cream over a suppository any day, says Dr. Leff. Suppositories are "absolutely useless," for external hemorrhoids, and even for internal hemorrhoids, suppositories tend to float too far up the rectum to do much good, he says.
:huh:

All I can say, they helped me then...

Yeah, I will go for an ointment or something oily, not suppositories. I would not use chemicals either. It's best to stick with natural stuff: aloe gel or the witch-hazel ointment already mentioned. Don't be constipated and eat healthy :) Don't forget your vitamin C.

Psyche said:
Yeah, I will go for an ointment or something oily, not suppositories. I would not use chemicals either. It's best to stick with natural stuff: aloe gel or the witch-hazel ointment already mentioned. Don't be constipated and eat healthy :) Don't forget your vitamin C.

Thanks everyone, Thanks Psyche , I was trying DMSO gel to try and bring down the inflammation. I've got Witch-hazel and Rosehip oil.

How long do they take to go?? Weeks? Days?

Hello slowone,

Sorry to hear about your experience.
I read Flaxseed oil can be useful. It targets both constipation and hemorrhoids.
Definitely helped me with constipation in the past.

I am curious, how come you find it embarrassing ?

Back
Top Bottom