Eating schedule

Bo

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I was wondering if you guys have an eating schedule like:

8:00 breakfast: 2 egg, supplements, etc.

10:00 minor lunch: etc.

12:00 etc etc.

14:00 etc etc

16:00 etc. etc.

or do you guys eat randomly, you wake up and you decide what you are going to cook?

I have a pretty consistent schedule that I eat on. I wake up and take supplements and then eat breakfast. Because I'm on the ultrasimple diet now, I will take the broth and/or a shake about 2 hours later. Somewhere between there I take a GABA which is supposed to be on an empty stomach. Then before I leave for work in the afternoon I eat lunch. Then another ultrabroth while at work. And finally dinner. When I get home before bed I take more supplements. With the food I take enzymes and some 5-htp.

I'm pretty regular in my eating, it works best for me. I make all the veggies and grains beforehand and keep them in mason jars. On weekends I follow my work schedule eating routine pretty closely too.

Bo said:
I was wondering if you guys have an eating schedule like:

8:00 breakfast: 2 egg, supplements, etc.

10:00 minor lunch: etc.

Like a hobbit, "second breakfast" :P

or do you guys eat randomly, you wake up and you decide what you are going to cook?

Personally, I try to listen to when my body is hungry instead of forcing it to a particular schedule.

But I do have breakfast early (at around 8 am), lunch whenever I get hungry (usually at about 2pm) and dinner before 8pm. Psyche says that it is better not to eat late, so that you let your body rest and you get over adrenal fatigue. I've found that to be the best for me.

If I get hungry at any other time, I snack on a buckwheat blini with xylitol and cinnamon, or a piece of fruit, or something small.

I used to have a strict schedule, but now I feel better that way. Sometimes I eat lunch and only have something very light in the evening. It depends.

Also, remember this rule: "You should eat like a king in the morning, like a prince at lunch at like a beggar at dinner": It works very well!:-)

As to deciding what to cook, well, around here we generally don't have a specific plan, but we mostly have:

Breakfast: Blinis, bacon or some other source of meat (homemade sausages or burgers that we make once a month and freeze)
Lunch and Dinner: we try to diversify as much as possible; but we always have two or three pots of veggies (one green, and then squash, carrots, beets, or whatever is available in the garden), sometimes meat (fish, chicken, turkey, pork or beef), sometimes quinoa or buckwheat. That's pretty much our diet. We make different yummy dishes with those ingredients for everybody. So we never get bored, really. :)

I have a regular eating schedule and make sure to eat enough of certain foods every day. I also eat smaller meals every few hours. When I eat I don't fill up and usually have only about 100-400 calories at a time. Sometimes my eating patterns go off of my routine and I tend to prefer my routine eating schedule to that. If anyone would like to share a banana at 5AM or some almonds at 9AM please let me know..;D

I eat when I feel it is needed. Nowadays that means two meals a day (big breakfast and big dinner in the evening), sometimes additional, smaller meals in-between. Since moving from my old home where there was a regular breakfast - lunch - dinner schedule, I usually don't have lunch as such. It simply doesn't seem to be needed.

When I wake up I drink coffee or tea and then when I get hungry I eat fruit. Every time I get hungry I eat fruit, raw vegetables or nuts until late afternoon when I eat one regular meal which is usually some kind of bean and vegetable soup and brown rice or barley. If I get hungry again, I eat fruit. Needless to say, I eat a lot of fruit, maybe ten servings a day. I have wild fruit and berries on my land and I eat weeds also. Red clover, dandelion, plantain, sorrel , wild onion and others.

I definitely do not follow a schedule of eating if possible. When I wake up I usually am hungry right away and I will eat a big meal - usually fried meat and vegetables. Then I will wait until my stomach is empty and I am hungry again - 4 or more hours later - and eat a similar meal again. Then later in the night I will eat a lighter meal or usually just some fruit. I have pretty much dropped out all grains in my diet.

I always listen to my body for when to eat, what to eat, how much to eat, etc. I think when you become more attuned to your body and it's needs then you will gravitate to a healthier diet suited for your body. I think one needs to discern the difference between emotional cravings or candida cravings and the cravings for foods that are actually good for you.

Personally, I try to listen to when my body is hungry instead of forcing it to a particular schedule.

I actually want to try a schedule, because I want to gain some weight(my goal is 70KG, I currently weigh 61). I have a fast metabolism which is annoying, even if I eat 2 cows I probally gain like 500 grams.

Also, remember this rule: "You should eat like a king in the morning, like a prince at lunch at like a beggar at dinner": It works very well!:-)

I will have to keep that in mind :D

I make all the veggies and grains beforehand and keep them in mason jars.

What I notice is that I need to eat more veggies, I am going to use mason jars as well, seems a good idea, I wonder how long they will last, if you keep them in the fridge?

Bo said:
What I notice is that I need to eat more veggies, I am going to use mason jars as well, seems a good idea, I wonder how long they will last, if you keep them in the fridge?

They last me the whole week. A covered casserole dish doesn't seem to work, it needs to be as airtight as possible.

I find that I really need the stability of a routine, in both eating and sleeping. So my work days look like this:

Get up usually at 4.30 – 5am, simply because I like getting up early. I drink ascorbic acid in a mug of warm water immediately on rising, then do Qi Gong and POTS meditation. Breakfast is at 6.30 – 7am: berry shake with flax oil, spirulina, etc., followed by hot amaranth with berries.

Lunch at 11 – 11.30am

Afternoon snack at 2 – 2.30pm

Evening meal at 5 – 5.30pm

Small snack (two or three mouthfuls) before bed at about 8 – 8.30pm, which helps me to have better sleep.

I'm always ready to modify my schedule but this one works for me at present. I based this schedule on the one given in Adrenal Fatigue, by James L Wilson. For lunches I cook a large pot of brown rice and one of lentil dhal on Sunday and these last me for the week. They both keep really well in the fridge in a bowl with a plate on top.

Endymion said:
… I'm always ready to modify my schedule but this one works for me at present. I based this schedule on the one given in Adrenal Fatigue, by James L Wilson.
Kila said:
In the book Adrenal Fatigue; The 21st Century Stress Syndrome Dr. James L. Wilson N.D D.C Ph.D.

offers this daily program for Adrenal Recovery

7:00 - AM Get up(ony if you need to get up by this time in order to get to work on time) Otherwise sleep in until 9:00 AM or so, every chance you get.

7:15 - Drink one 8 oz glass of water with 1/2 tsp sea salt stirred in

7:30- Do light work out or relaxation and breathing techniques. Shower. ( I would recommend EE and the coffee enema at this time to increase the livers ability to detox as well as empty the gall bladder in preparation for breaking ones fast)

8:15 - Breakfast: include protein, fats (oils) and a small amount of starchy unrefined carbohydrates, 1 cup green tea, mint tea or other beverage(no coffee, black tea or colas) Chew well.
…( While breakfast is essential in resetting the metabolism I believe the composition of breakfast to be the most critical of all the meals taken during the day. His recommendation is well met by the Ultra Diet shake I think. I usually start the day with a shake. But the fact is that for most people adrenal fatigue runs concurrent with a sluggish liver. In fact in my practice I have rarely seen one without the other, except in young children where adrenal fatigue may be present without the usual sluggish detoxification processes of the liver being present, but liver involvement is almost a certainty. A careful examination and clinical tests may be warranted to rule out Pyroluria.)

10:15 AM - Break: Snack ( a few bites of food that contains protein, fat(oils) and unrefined, starchy carbohydrate: No caffeine or refined carbohydrates, rest lying down after snack; use breathing or relaxation techniques if needed(whatever makes you feel good)

11:45 AM- Lunch: Protein, a small amount of starchy unrefined carbohydrates, fats(oils) and vegetables; no caffeine or refined carbohydrates. Chew well.
( in my opinion I would include flours under the heading refined carbohydrates, even if they are rice or buckwheat flours as they are significantly broken down already and will rapidly enter the bloodstream. That said, the digestive system is at full strength at this time of day so, IMHO, this should be the biggest meal of the day; as it is in many Latin and Mediterranean cultures. As a side note, it is midday that most nomadic and/or hunter/gatherer people eat their main meal.)

2:00 PM- Break: snack ( same general constituents as morning break); no caffeine or refined carbohydrates, rest lying down after snack; use breathing or relaxation techniques if needed.

5:30 PM- Supper: Include protein, starchy unrefined carbohydrates, fats, 3-4 green vegetables(salad) possibly some fruit; no caffeine or refined carbyhydrates. Chew well.
More supplements.

7:00 PM- Do relaxation and breathing techniques

9:30 PM- Have a small healthy snack if you usually have difficulty sleeping.

10:00 PM- Bed

This is the basis of the schedule that I tend to adhere to, although I get up at 6.00, and start with a glass of Sol water, then Three stage breathing before and after eating breakfast (alternate days of Ultrashake (rice protein) and berry shake (no rice protein) with a buckwheat oven pancake, This schedule is supplemented with additional items added from Ultramind: the addition of Three stage breathing and PotS at 11.00am, an afternoon break with a snack at 3.00pm and a 30-45 minute walk at about 4.00pm.

3D Student said:
Bo said:

They last me the whole week. A covered casserole dish doesn't seem to work, it needs to be as airtight as possible.

a week is great!! going to do this for sure.

Trevrizent said:
Endymion said:
… I'm always ready to modify my schedule but this one works for me at present. I based this schedule on the one given in Adrenal Fatigue, by James L Wilson.
Kila said:
In the book Adrenal Fatigue; The 21st Century Stress Syndrome Dr. James L. Wilson N.D D.C Ph.D.

offers this daily program for Adrenal Recovery

7:00 - AM Get up(ony if you need to get up by this time in order to get to work on time) Otherwise sleep in until 9:00 AM or so, every chance you get.

7:15 - Drink one 8 oz glass of water with 1/2 tsp sea salt stirred in

7:30- Do light work out or relaxation and breathing techniques. Shower. ( I would recommend EE and the coffee enema at this time to increase the livers ability to detox as well as empty the gall bladder in preparation for breaking ones fast)

8:15 - Breakfast: include protein, fats (oils) and a small amount of starchy unrefined carbohydrates, 1 cup green tea, mint tea or other beverage(no coffee, black tea or colas) Chew well.
…( While breakfast is essential in resetting the metabolism I believe the composition of breakfast to be the most critical of all the meals taken during the day. His recommendation is well met by the Ultra Diet shake I think. I usually start the day with a shake. But the fact is that for most people adrenal fatigue runs concurrent with a sluggish liver. In fact in my practice I have rarely seen one without the other, except in young children where adrenal fatigue may be present without the usual sluggish detoxification processes of the liver being present, but liver involvement is almost a certainty. A careful examination and clinical tests may be warranted to rule out Pyroluria.)

10:15 AM - Break: Snack ( a few bites of food that contains protein, fat(oils) and unrefined, starchy carbohydrate: No caffeine or refined carbohydrates, rest lying down after snack; use breathing or relaxation techniques if needed(whatever makes you feel good)

11:45 AM- Lunch: Protein, a small amount of starchy unrefined carbohydrates, fats(oils) and vegetables; no caffeine or refined carbohydrates. Chew well.
( in my opinion I would include flours under the heading refined carbohydrates, even if they are rice or buckwheat flours as they are significantly broken down already and will rapidly enter the bloodstream. That said, the digestive system is at full strength at this time of day so, IMHO, this should be the biggest meal of the day; as it is in many Latin and Mediterranean cultures. As a side note, it is midday that most nomadic and/or hunter/gatherer people eat their main meal.)

2:00 PM- Break: snack ( same general constituents as morning break); no caffeine or refined carbohydrates, rest lying down after snack; use breathing or relaxation techniques if needed.

5:30 PM- Supper: Include protein, starchy unrefined carbohydrates, fats, 3-4 green vegetables(salad) possibly some fruit; no caffeine or refined carbyhydrates. Chew well.
More supplements.

7:00 PM- Do relaxation and breathing techniques

9:30 PM- Have a small healthy snack if you usually have difficulty sleeping.

10:00 PM- Bed

This is the basis of the schedule that I tend to adhere to, although I get up at 6.00, and start with a glass of Sol water, then Three stage breathing before and after eating breakfast (alternate days of Ultrashake (rice protein) and berry shake (no rice protein) with a buckwheat oven pancake, This schedule is supplemented with additional items added from Ultramind: the addition of Three stage breathing and PotS at 11.00am, an afternoon break with a snack at 3.00pm and a 30-45 minute walk at about 4.00pm.

Thanks for posting this Trev, I am going to use that as a template and add a few modications and post it here

Trevrizent said:
This is the basis of the schedule that I tend to adhere to, although I get up at 6.00, and start with a glass of Sol water,

What is Sol water? I have never heard of it before.

A Sol solution is made by placing several crystal salt rocks in a lidded glass jar and covering them with spring or filtered water for 24 hours with the lid closed. When the salt crystals have dissolved completely, saturating (26%) the water (there will be residual fine crystals in the bottom), take 1tsp of 'Sol' in a glass of spring or filtered water - Sol water.

Ailén said:
Breakfast: Blinis, bacon or some other source of meat (homemade sausages or burgers that we make once a month and freeze)

I'm curious as to whether red meat is something you can test for? I am type A and have been avoiding it for many months now. I see that y'all have a lot of different types of red meat and I'm wondering, does everyone eat it, or do those with different blood types just not eat it?

Back
Top Bottom