Recommendation: House of Numbers: Anatomy of an Epidemic (AIDS doc)

Iconoclast

Jedi Master
_http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1311710/

What is HIV? What is AIDS? What is being done to cure it? These questions sent Canadian filmmaker Brent Leung on a worldwide journey, from the highest echelons of the medical research establishment to the slums of South Africa, where death and disease are the order of the day. In this up-to-the-minute documentary, he observes that although AIDS has been front-page news for over 28 years, it is barely understood. Despite the great effort, time, and money spent, no cure is in sight. Born in 1980 (on the cusp of the epidemic), Leung reveals a research establishment in disarray, and health policy gone tragically off course. Gaining access to a remarkable array of the most prominent and influential figures in the field -- among them the co-discoverers of HIV, presidential advisors, Nobel laureates, and the Executive Director of UNAIDS, as well as survivors and activists -- his restrained approach yields surprising revelations and stunning contradictions. The HIV/AIDS story is being rewritten, and this is the first film to present the uncensored POVs of virtually all the major players -- in their own settings, in their own words. It rocks the foundation upon which all conventional wisdom regarding HIV/AIDS is based. If, as South African health advocate Pephsile Maseko remarks, "this is the beginning of a war...a war to reclaim our health," then House of Numbers could well be the opening salvo in the battle to bring sanity and clarity to an epidemic clearly gone awry.

i saw this a couple of days ago and i can only recommend it in the strongest possible way. this movie should be mandatory viewing in schools.

anyone scared of HIV/AIDS or anyone who KNOWS someone who is, should immediately seek this excellent documentary out.

the filmmaker has managed to assemble all the major players from all sides of the discussion. from gallo to duisberg, everyone has their say.
he lets the words of those people speak for themselves.

_http://www.houseofnumbers.com

on imdb you can see that this 2009 film has a mere 170 votes (as of this moment) and an appalling 4,5 average rating.
don't let that influence you (most likely manipulated) - this is an excellent source of information!

i think this film could also serve as an 'introduction/initiation' for someone who isn't really 'conspiracy minded' - it presents concrete statements from the top people in the field - no additional 'conspiracy theory' required! ;)

sounds very interesting but this film is virtually impossible to find anywhere, from amazon to bit torrent

Corto said:
sounds very interesting but this film is virtually impossible to find anywhere, from amazon to bit torrent
If you search for it on thepiratebay.org, you'll find a few torrents of it (downloading it now, size is ~1GB).

Good luck.
P

here is a hint: do a google search for the title and include the letters "RS" in your search.
working links were found...

I saw "House of Numbers: Anatomy of an Epidemic" yesterday evening and I can only second what Iconoclast writes. This is a MUST see.

Not to spoil the "plot", but it comes down to the fact that HIV/AIDS is (just another) money maker, a huge money maker at the cost of thousands upon thousands of people's lifes (literally) due to iffy and contradicting HIV/AIDS tests and killer medicines (AZT for example).

Unfortunately; AIDS denialists who have died;

http://www.aidstruth.org/denialism/dead_denialists#maggiore
Just do not encourage HIV+ people

tomoos said:
Unfortunately; AIDS denialists who have died;

http://www.aidstruth.org/denialism/dead_denialists#maggiore
Just do not encourage HIV+ people

there sure are a lot of scientists from Los Alamos National Laboratory working on that website...

Probably, you're right. But we should be aware of both sides. I would really like to know what our friends from 6D think about HIV / AIDS issues.

Many people have this problem, including me. I had Diagnosis of HIV + recently. I still do not have to do therapy with drugs - they say that I, am in first stage, but they suggested that my partner must go to therapy.
Who wants to live forever ;) ... Maybe is this my wake up call! Although, it sounds ridiculous. I thought a lot about it - for this few days. I believe that we will heal in the end. Regardless of the medical statistics. Perhaps all this don't have any importance. Perhaps it is important to live life and enjoy every day, or fight to the last breath?

I do not know. I'm not smart enough.I'll probably still thinking. How and what next? Although there is not a great choice that we can do.
Sorry if I was boring with this babble..

This subject deserves enquiry. First of all the test for HIV is highly questionable
because it does not test for the unknown "HIV virus" which was never isolated.
See Gallo and the subsequent scandal. Bad science!
I found the following at ...naturalnews.com.

The AIDS myth exposed
The renaming of old diseases as AIDS further supports the hypothesis that the AIDS syndrome is never found in anyone without presence of HIV. By definition, there is no AIDS without HIV, regardless how many non-HIV people may die from the very same symptoms. Accordingly, anything that even remotely resembles immune deficiency plus HIV now counts as an AIDS disease, despite the fact that AIDS patients with Kaposi's sarcoma have been reported to have normal immune systems. It has been argued that wherever there is HIV, AIDS will be the consequence. However, this argument is heavily flawed.
- Timeless Secrets of Health & Rejuvenation: Unleash The Natural Healing Power That Lies Dormant Within You by Andreas Moritz

Two of the 16 patients in the control group developed AIDS. In another study, 10 HIV positive patients without AIDS took 150-225 mg glycyrrhizin daily. After 1-2 years, none developed symptoms associated with AIDS or AIDS-related complex (ARC), while one of 10 patients of a matched control group developed ARC and two progressed to AIDS and subsequently died. The result of glycyrrhizin in HIV-positive and AIDS patients is almost immediate improvement in immune function. In one study, nine symptom-free HIV-positive patients received 200-800 mg glycyrrhizin in vitro daily. After 8 weeks.
- Textbook of Natural Medicine 2nd Edition Volume 1 by Michael T. Murray, ND

It was obvious that the FTC was not interested in whether Immune Plus helped in the treatment of AIDS; they were only interested in curtailing its marketing. The FTC alleged that Immune Plus was being advertised as a "cure" for AIDS. At no time did True Health or International White Cross claim to have a cure. Test results in the Immune Plus ad were taken directly from the nutritional AIDS test, and True Health sold the exact same formula that was used in their AIDS test to International White Cross.

Hi Iconoclast,

Thanks for the recommendation. I enjoyed the movie greatly. I was just into my teens when all the fear was spreading around in the news etc.. in the early 80's. It was a very good movie. My current view now is.. "man, I sure can consume a lot of propaganda." The reality of it, or not is sure interesting. There was an article some months back linked on the signs page that was really good. I think the person who was interviewed in the (anatomy of an epidemic) film actually had a short youtube video in the article if memory serves me correctly.

Here it is: Shocking truth about AIDS exposed on World AIDS Day with "House of Numbers" un-cut footage Yeah it was that guy, :cool:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/198663-Shocking-truth-about-AIDS-exposed-on-World-AIDS-Day-with-House-of-Numbers-un-cut-footage

It was relieving to sift through the evidence presented. Though there were a few lapses of Duh! what was I thinking when they were saying "It's a gay disease," or "it's spread by people having sex with chimps" and other nonsense. As people, we sure are set to the trap, so to speak, by how susceptible we are/can be to the news and information we hear. (I count the signs page and this forum as a blessing for helping me to learn discernment and give thanks to/for those patient enough to help as I learn to use it ;) .)

I'm not an AIDS denialist, as the Film is portayed as being by wikipedia. I thought it made several valid points (money scandal by big pharma, population attack, changing diagnostic range(s)), particularly about health and nutrition or poverty and the lack thereof. That, toward the end of the movie, reminded me of the movie the beautiful truth another movie that has its own topic here on the forum. I kind of hungered for the director to put more information into the film about boosting ones immune system and maybe touch on Detoxing.
Salutes!

the guy in the clip posted by Balberon (glad i could help, btw) and who is featured in the doc is Luc Montagnier.

from wiki:
Luc Antoine Montagnier (born 18 August 1932 in Chabris, Indre, France) is a French virologist and joint recipient with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, for his discovery of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).

so it would seem he should know what he's talking about.

interestingly his recent research hasn't made him many new friends in the medical community:

French virologist Luc Montagnier stunned his colleagues at a prestigious international conference when he presented a new method for detecting viral infections that bore close parallels to the basic tenets of homeopathy.

Although fellow Nobel prize winners -- who view homeopathy as quackery -- were left openly shaking their heads, Montagnier's comments were rapidly embraced by homeopaths eager for greater credibility.

Montagnier told the conference last week that solutions containing the DNA of pathogenic bacteria and viruses, including HIV, "could emit low frequency radio waves" that induced surrounding water molecules to become arranged into "nanostructures". These water molecules, he said, could also emit radio waves.

He suggested water could retain such properties even after the original solutions were massively diluted, to the point where the original DNA had effectively vanished. In this way, he suggested, water could retain the "memory" of substances with which it had been in contact -- and doctors could use the emissions to detect disease

To a lay person this may sound tenuous. For a scientist it is highly provocative in its similarity to the principles said to underpin homeopathy.

Homeopathic medicines work on the principle that a toxic substance taken in minute amounts will cure the same symptoms that it would cause if it were taken in large amounts.

Scientists completely reject this, claiming there is no evidence to show that water can retain or transmit information and that homeopathic treatments have never been proven in full clinical trials.

Montagnier's claims come at a particularly sensitive time, with the British Medical Association last week calling for the National Health Service to stop spending pound stg. 4 million ($7.2m) a year on homeopathy.

The growing concern of doctors is linked to homeopathy's rising popularity. Users of homeopathy include the Queen and David Beckham.

Montagnier was awarded the Nobel prize in 2008 for research carried out in the 1980s that confirmed the link between HIV and AIDS. The breakthrough opened the way to new treatments that have extended the lives of millions of people.

Last week, he was speaking at the Lindau Nobel laureate meeting in Germany where 60 Nobel prize winners had gathered, along with 700 other scientists, to discuss the latest breakthroughs in medicine, chemistry and physics.

Cristal Sumner, of the British Homeopathic Association, said Montagnier's work gave homeopathy "a true scientific ethos".

source:
_http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/nobel-laureate-gives-homeopathy-a-boost/story-e6frg8y6-1225887772305

Late to find this Iconoclast - thanks; watched the trailer and will look for it to rent and network.

What you added here is fascinating with the Homeopathy link.

French virologist Luc Montagnier stunned his colleagues at a prestigious international conference when he presented a new method for detecting viral infections that bore close parallels to the basic tenets of homeopathy.

Although fellow Nobel prize winners -- who view homeopathy as quackery -- were left openly shaking their heads, Montagnier's comments were rapidly embraced by homeopaths eager for greater credibility.

Montagnier told the conference last week that solutions containing the DNA of pathogenic bacteria and viruses, including HIV, "could emit low frequency radio waves" that induced surrounding water molecules to become arranged into "nanostructures". These water molecules, he said, could also emit radio waves.

He suggested water could retain such properties even after the original solutions were massively diluted, to the point where the original DNA had effectively vanished. In this way, he suggested, water could retain the "memory" of substances with which it had been in contact -- and doctors could use the emissions to detect disease

To a lay person this may sound tenuous. For a scientist it is highly provocative in its similarity to the principles said to underpin homeopathy.

Homeopathic medicines work on the principle that a toxic substance taken in minute amounts will cure the same symptoms that it would cause if it were taken in large amounts.

Scientists completely reject this, claiming there is no evidence to show that water can retain or transmit information and that homeopathic treatments have never been proven in full clinical trials.

Montagnier's claims come at a particularly sensitive time, with the British Medical Association last week calling for the National Health Service to stop spending pound stg. 4 million ($7.2m) a year on homeopathy.

The growing concern of doctors is linked to homeopathy's rising popularity. Users of homeopathy include the Queen and David Beckham.

Montagnier was awarded the Nobel prize in 2008 for research carried out in the 1980s that confirmed the link between HIV and AIDS. The breakthrough opened the way to new treatments that have extended the lives of millions of people.

Last week, he was speaking at the Lindau Nobel laureate meeting in Germany where 60 Nobel prize winners had gathered, along with 700 other scientists, to discuss the latest breakthroughs in medicine, chemistry and physics.

Cristal Sumner, of the British Homeopathic Association, said Montagnier's work gave homeopathy "a true scientific ethos".

source:
_http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/nobel-laureate-gives-homeopathy-a-boost/story-e6frg8y6-1225887772305

Edit - remove quote mark & thanks Balberon, missed the Sott link, too.

Back
Top Bottom