US dollar price for subcriptions to CtD

SolarMother

Dagobah Resident
Looking at CtD website and other places for this info, which i cannot find to convert...maybe i
what i need is the US dollar price for both one and two yr subscriptions to CtD-- that i will send a money order for subscription (for the one i choose) to boulder address.
as soon as i get the info.
thank

I had this same question. You can use any currency converter online to find out the US dollar price. The magazine site doesn't convert the price for you.

Approaching Infinity said:
Just a note that there should be an option on the site for USD soon.

In the meantime, feel free to use a site like this - http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ to get the dollar amount.

thank you AI---glad to hear that--saves time and my time online is unfortunately limited...

SolarMother said:

thank you AI---glad to hear that--saves time and my time online is unfortunately limited...

Hi Solarmother, it really is VERY simple to find out what the US dollar amount is. Go to the site I linked below and type in 39.95 Euros - up comes the dollar amount of $51.19 - et voila! You have the dollar amount you need to send. Hope this helps.

anart said:
SolarMother said:

Hi Solarmother, it really is VERY simple to find out what the US dollar amount is. Go to the site I linked below and type in 39.95 Euros - up comes the dollar amount of $51.19 - et voila! You have the dollar amount you need to send. Hope this helps.

Nienna's reply to my request seemed very uppity to me. My request was perfectly legitimate, and I don't care for being told, in so many words, that I have made an unreasonable request. Just read between the lines.
I think that its a good service to have on the Dot Connector Mag regardless of how 'very simple' it is to convert the price on another site. Do you understand where I am coming from?

SolarMother said:
Nienna's reply to my request seemed very uppity to me. My request was perfectly legitimate, and I don't care for being told, in so many words, that I have made an unreasonable request. Just read between the lines.
I think that its a good service to have on the Dot Connector Mag regardless of how 'very simple' it is to convert the price on another site. Do you understand where I am coming from?

I'm sorry that this has made you angry. I was simply supplying the information you directly requested. I'm not sure to which reply from Nienna you're referring to, but I doubt that she intended to be snippy. Is there something else bothering you?

anart said:
SolarMother said:

I'm sorry that this has made you angry. I was simply supplying the information you directly requested. I'm not sure to which reply from Nienna you're referring to, but I doubt that she intended to be snippy. Is there something else bothering you?

oh, yes I see now--Nienna's reply was in another thread...and, yes it was snippy. No, nothing else bothering me.
take care

anart said:

I was wondering about this myself as well. My concern is that if I send in cash via mail, I would be asked for additional money or I've paid more than I should have due to the changes in the Dollar-Euro ratio at the time of you receiving the mail. Right now, it's $50.82 for 39.95 Euros. Do I need to send in the amount at the time of sending the money or should I include an additional money by a few dollars to meet the exact amount? Thanks for clarifying.

Myrddin Awyr said:
I was wondering about this myself as well. My concern is that if I send in cash via mail, I would be asked for additional money or I've paid more than I should have due to the changes in the Dollar-Euro ratio at the time of you receiving the mail. Right now, it's $50.82 for 39.95 Euros. Do I need to send in the amount at the time of sending the money or should I include an additional money by a few dollars to meet the exact amount? Thanks for clarifying.

The base price of the magazine was determined in Euros, so it's just how things work out that all other currency prices will fluctuate slightly. As long as you send in the right amount at the time you send it, it will be fine. We aren't going to worry about losing a few cents, or dollars, here or there. We may, at some point in the near future, just set other currency prices, but, for now, this is the system in place.

solarmother said:
Nienna's reply was in another thread...and, yes it was snippy.

If you are accusing a moderator of being 'snippy', please reference the exact post so we can clear this up.

anart said:
The base price of the magazine was determined in Euros, so it's just how things work out that all other currency prices will fluctuate slightly. As long as you send in the right amount at the time you send it, it will be fine. We aren't going to worry about losing a few cents, or dollars, here or there. We may, at some point in the near future, just set other currency prices, but, for now, this is the system in place.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

:D

anart said:
Myrddin Awyr said:

solarmother said:
Nienna's reply was in another thread...and, yes it was snippy.

If you are accusing a moderator of being 'snippy', please reference the exact post so we can clear this up.

Anart--I am forgetting about the whole thing. I cannot remember what thread it was. It was my reaction to a response that felt cold, and here is why:
The day I sent out the 2 requests for USD conversion, I was online on the forum a very short time due to eye problems...my eyes were in a great deal of pain and I was in a hurry, and wanted to send out money order for subscription that day since I live 20 miles from town and I do everything I need to do on the days in town....so I sent out the requests hoping that someone would answer by the time I checked again briefly later in the day. If it appears that I am staying online on the forum for long periods, it is because I don't formally log off--I leave the computer on and go about town and return later. Until my eyes heal, this is how it will be...so I could say that this is an issue that bothers me!

I forgot to ask-- whom do I make out the money order to for tDC Mag subscription--can I send it to Boulder?
thank you

SolarMother said:
Anart--I am forgetting about the whole thing. I cannot remember what thread it was. It was my reaction to a response that felt cold, and here is why:
The day I sent out the 2 requests for USD conversion, I was online on the forum a very short time due to eye problems...my eyes were in a great deal of pain and I was in a hurry, and wanted to send out money order for subscription that day since I live 20 miles from town and I do everything I need to do on the days in town....so I sent out the requests hoping that someone would answer by the time I checked again briefly later in the day. If it appears that I am staying online on the forum for long periods, it is because I don't formally log off--I leave the computer on and go about town and return later. Until my eyes heal, this is how it will be...so I could say that this is an issue that bothers me!

Okay, considering that information, it sounds like you were quite irritable, so I think it can be said with some certainty that you read it as being snippy, rather than it actually being snippy.

sm said:
I forgot to ask-- whom do I make out the money order to for tDC Mag subscription--can I send it to Boulder?

Make a check or money order in US dollars out to FOTCM. The Boulder address will work.

Back
Top Bottom