Jonathan Gray, secret history, and ancient technology...

HowToBe

The Living Force
...but is it real?

After reading SOTT article Amazon Was Home to Large Civilization, Archaeologists Say, I was curious about the time period after 1541, when Spanish friar Gaspar de Carvajal claimed to have found "cities that gleamed white," canoes that carried dozens of Indian warriors, "fine highways" and "very fruitful land." So I did a couple internet searches, and stumbled across a peculiar newsletter by a man named Jonathan Gray.

_http://www.holistic-helper.com/articles/articleJohnGray143.htm said:
April 4, 2009
Jonathan Gray

ARCHAEOLOGY NEWSFLASH NO. 143

Today you are getting two SHOCKING answers to two
outrageous questions...

1. SO HOW OLD IS IT?

This whole thing started when Fred (my neighbour) plopped
down on my porch. And he asked me, "Did you see that TV
program that said the Amazon jungle was several million
years old?"

"Yes," I responded. "But, Fred, what if it's only 3,000
years old?"

"You're having me on," he laughed. "Why, everyone
knows..."

No, I'm not kidding.

Were you aware that huge stone cities, very ancient, with
paved streets and tall pyramids choked with forest, have
been sighted in the Amazon jungle by several explorers in
recent years?

These mysterious cities were built when the climate in the
Amazon basin was more temperate and the rivers drained a
fertile area, but BEFORE the jungle took over.

(By the way, that's the very climatic situation one might
expect in the aftermath of a global Flood.)

Did you know that when cities were first built in South
America, the whole Amazon basin was a shallow inland sea?
And some Brazilian scientists say they have evidence that
this Amazon Sea existed AS RECENTLY AS 1200 BC?

BEFORE THE JUNGLE GREW

In those early days, when South America was still free of
jungle, the human race had already settled and built a
civilization.

Perhaps you have no idea how wonderful and elaborate these
cities were. The citizens wall-papered their houses with
thin sheets of beaten gold. You can see further details in
the book Dead Men's Secrets - available at
_http://beforeus.com

The cities were built by people with fine features. They used
gold coinage and operated fleets. Their buildings were of
shining white stone. Their cities boasted magnificent plazas,
paved streets, ornamented temples, round-topped pyramids,
mansions and fountains.

They erected lighthouses and used lenses and reflectors, the
elements of the telescope.

And the cities were walled - not against savages, but the
mighty gulf, or sea, of the Maranon (the Amazon Sea).

Some of their ruins have been seen, so this is not fantasy.
Many of their alphabetic letters are identical with those of
the Phoenicians and Greeks, 3,000 and 4,000 years ago.

According to native traditions, they used a light source akin
to our electric bulb.

"EXPERTS" IN DENIAL

Recently a scientific "expert" wrote that the Amazon jungle
has been there for millions of years, that only primitives
have lived there.

Traditional "experts", I fear me, often constitute near
tragedy.

Little of what is known has found its way into textbooks.
Our sacred theory of evolution is at risk if this
information gets out.

The truth is: Overwhelming evidence exists that South
America was well known in antiquity.

Before the jungle took over, it was resplendent with great
cities. Mighty empires spanned the continent. They knew
how to write. And global communication in the distant past
equalled that of modern times.

It is abundantly clear that history needs to be rewritten.

2. CITIES DESTROYED - SURVIVORS DEGRADE

This raises THE SECOND QUESTION: why do primitive
tribes worldwide have NO traditions of having evolved UP
from a sub-human past, but rather that they DE-volved from
superior ancestors?

Here is the truth. After the cities were destroyed by
earthquakes, volcanism or war, the survivors degenerated
into a primitive lifestyle.

Before long, the green forest covered the whole landscape.

Many ancient traditions survive of an advanced culture
which flourished thousands of years ago to the north and west
of the Brazilian highlands.

Their descendants are now scattered as primitive tribes
throughout the jungle.

PRIMITIVE DESCENDANTS RETAIN LEGACY

Again, traditional "experts" tell us that writing was
unknown in South America.

Wrong again!

Books of wonderfully executed paintings and hieroglyphics
have been found among naked Panos savages of the deep
Peruvian forests near the gorge of the Ucayle, in the Amazon
headwaters, in the eighteenth century. The Indians explained
that the books, handed down, contained a history of events in
the days of their ancestors.

The pages of fine cotton, in external appearance resembling
modern quarto leaves, were bound with a cover, glued
together and fastened by agave threads.

One of these ancient books was acquired by Fray Narcissus
Gilbar and sent to Lima to be inspected by P. Cisneros,
compiler of a periodical called El Mercurio Peruano. A
number of people inspected it.

Every page was covered in paintings and organised lines of
hieroglyphic style characters.

So here we have modern savages, living in a primitive state,
but with a heritage passed down from superior ancestors.

In an email as brief as this,it is impossible to reveal very
much and also provide evidence, but if you are interested,
there is much more in my new ebook "The Corpse Came Back",
obtainable at
_http://www.beforeus.com/third.php

Evolution? No, de-volution. That's the pattern, worldwide.

Oh boy, I'm in for it now!

Best wishes
Jonathan Gray

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?

Please email me your questions. I am here to help you
with any questions on ancient mysteries. Just email
me at info@archaeologyanswers.com

Sincere best wishes
Jonathan Gray
info@archaeologyanswers.com
Surprising Discoveries
Pacific Coast Hwy
PO Box 785
Thames
New Zealand
=========================================
International explorer, archaeologist and author
Jonathan Gray has traveled the world to gather data on
ancient mysteries. He has penetrated some largely
unexplored areas, including parts of the Amazon
headwaters. The author has also led expeditions to the
bottom of the sea and to remote mountain and desert
regions of the world. He lectures internationally.

You are welcome to put it on your own website
exactly as it is, without change, including our email
address.
I can't tell to what extent this is true, if at all, but I'm fascinated. My attempt at discernment tells me a few things. His writing is very clear, which may be a good sign. He doesn't directly cite any references, although he would have us believe that there is evidence in his e-book.

Looking further, I followed the link to one of his e-books, "The Corpse Came Back", which currently costs about $20. To quote:
This is the adventure of your life…

· Cities swallowed by the sea

· The rapid birth of the Grand Canyon

· The seaport that climbed a mountain range

· The mummy that came up with a volcano

· Bandits of a mysterious, lost city

· Bells that ring under the sea

· Long-vanished civilizations, jungle-choked ruins – and startling secrets of the Great Pyramid and Stonehenge

· Who were the mystery people in America before the Indians?

· Learn about New Zealand’s “Ice Men” who pop out of glaciers.

…and MORE!

fact…mystery...adventure

This is Jonathan Gray, international field archaeologist. And I invite you to come with me, now, on an adventure you’ll never forget. What awaits you is an amazing journey as you come face to face with a weird world of seemingly endless questions…

Introducing to you BOOK 3 of this series
(and here’s what’s in the other two):

Book 1 – The Killing of Paradise Planet lays out stunning evidence of a once-global paradise, with a temperature-controlled climate, idyllic landscape and long-lived human giants… but a super culture ready to wipe itself out. The world BEFORE the Great Flood of 2345 BC

Book 2 – Surprise Witness shows what happened DURING that great Deluge - the cosmic calamity that ripped the Earth to shreds and wiped out the original Mother Civilization. Not only were the antedeluvian people buried, but their technological achievements were destroyed, including all form of machinery and construction.

The skeptic may shout himself hoarse. But this event surely happened. We have evidence that is more substantial than for any other event of history.

Book 3 – The Corpse Came Back! Now comes the fast moving, fascinating story of the settling down of Planet Earth AFTER the Flood, and its effect upon human history.

Also;
THE AFTER SHOCKS

* Amazing scientific evidence that our biggest mountain ranges are barely 4,000+ years old.
* What changed the length of our year?
* Was the Ice Age triggered by HEAT???
* Were there several Ice Ages – or just one?
* Dry canyons, dry falls, and hanging valleys – what’s happened?
* Has the Earth’s radius expanded?
* Startling evidence that continental “split” was “recent” and witnessed by people!
* More shocks: How long ago was the Ice Age… really?
* Surprise!… Canyons, alluvial plains and mesas formed rapidly!
* Raised shorelines and raised river terraces – part of the same event!
* And other discoveries that are scaring the “Establishment” half crazy!
* Why did university elitists threaten to boycott Velikovsky’s publisher?
You may want to follow the link yourself to read the other claims. The original page contains a lot of colored and highlighted text.

Anyway, it seems that he might be pushing a "young earth" type of idea, and he may be claiming against evolution, but I'm not sure. Here is his mini-bio from the front page of his website:
http://www.beforeus.com/ said:
How did I get involved in all this?

How does a dead-broke dummy
shake up the scientific world?

Well, quickly, here’s my story...

Archaeology fever first seized me at the age of ten. I was intrigued by British explorer Percy Fawcett's amazing trek into the Amazon jungle.

After reporting his discovery of a dead, ancient, vine-choked city, he went back in... and vanished!

You know what? My first expedition was into that same unexplored region … where pygmies shrank human heads to the size of your fist!

This search for ancient mysteries was to take me through more than 30 countries.

Soon I began to stumble upon something that truly shocked me!... you would call them “out of place” artifacts. Did I say shocked? They blew me over! Because, according to what we were taught in school, these should never exist! And they weren’t just in one place. There was a global pattern to them.

This pattern showed a lost super science and technology. That’s when I knew someone had to speak up. I knew this content was of tremendous value.
I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to be able to tell if this is disinfo or not, so I'm posting it here for scrutiny. I'm highly suspicious, yet the introduction to his site reminds me of SOTT and Laura:
Dear Internet Friend,
Jonathan Gray
- International explorer, archaeologist and author, Jonathan has traveled the world to gather data on ancient mysteries. He has penetrated some largely unexplored areas, including parts of the Amazon headwaters. The author has also led expeditions to the bottom of the sea and to remote mountain and desert regions of the world. He lectures internationally.

WARNING! This may be the most important letter you'll ever read.

In a moment I hope to make you so angry you'll want to throw your computer right out the window.

What I have to tell you involves the scandal that's going on in the scientific world today. It's a scandal that - if you are like most people I know - is cheating you of your ancestry and robbing you of many serious benefits you should be getting from existing scientific knowledge.

You have probably been cheated - with misinformation - many times this year without you ever knowing!

Artifacts deliberately dumped in the Atlantic Ocean... certain discovery sites banned to researchers who ask embarrassing questions... an archaeologist ordered to deny a major discovery...

In just a moment you will discover secrets from our past that will blow your mind…

You're going to see the world around you in a new light that uninformed people everywhere are constantly missing. And some puzzles about the past will start making sense:
I bolded that particular sentence because it reminds me of what Laura said about throwing In Search of the Miraculous across the room a few times when she first read it.

Anyway, I can't tell, but I'm wary because I don't think all of his claims can be true. He talks about misinformation, but that doesn't mean he isn't misinformation as well. By the way, all of his books have a lifetime return policy in case you wish to return them at any point. I don't know if that is a good or bad sign, or neutral.

Lastly, I didn't leave the links live, but I'm unsure about the policy concerning links. I've seen other's posts with underscores in front of the links, and I'd like to know in what situations I should use live vs. underscored links.

Well, it sure sounds interesting and I'm game to read it! However, I think I would adjust the dates back to 13000 years ago for the end of that civilization - or at least the main part of it, though pockets may have survived until more recently.

There is a video presentation of the first book "The Killing of Paradise Planet" at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7882254197636889307#

I am getting ready to watch it right after I run an errand.

FireShadow said:
There is a video presentation of the first book "The Killing of Paradise Planet" at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7882254197636889307#

I saw the video, and although it's interesting, we gotta be extremely careful about the "science". It sounds like a bag of uncritically accepted "facts" being presented, with a very heavy religious overtone - sounds like he's trying desperately to prove the bible was right. Also at least one thing jumped out at me that I know is blatantly false. At 42:35 in the video the presenter said that the following creature exists today as a result of genetic manipulation:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/half-pig-photo.html

It's just a sculpture, although some websites and mass emails circulated claimed it was real. Why would the guy just accept something like this without checking? And if he so easily bought into this (or is knowingly lying to try to convince the audience of his claims) then there's no reason he was very careful about verifying any of his other "facts". The whole presentation seems like nothing more than hypothesis/theories but presented as if they are proven facts. Also the fact that he's religious and tries to prove the bible right is another clue that he's not a serious researcher and either has an agenda himself, or is a dupe of someone else. At best this video gives a list of things that need independent research to confirm/deny, and will turn out to be only marginally true.

But honestly, as Ark often says in such cases, when some guy comes along acting like a "scientist" and then makes such a blatantly and easily verifiable false statement, it makes me not even care about anything else he has to say - I'm reluctant to dig through his bathwater to look for a baby. There are better authors and books, better researchers, better videos that deserve our attention. They are at least diligent and sincere in their approach, and the mistakes they make in their analysis and the holes in their research are forgivable, not embarrassing.

Although having said that, without going through piles of crap we wouldn't have those gems. For every book that Laura and others find that is added to the recommended reading list, they have to read 100 that are crap. So someone *has* to wade through that filthy bathwater before the gems are found, and the amount of patience this must take is ridiculous (how do you not throw 90% of those books out the window in frustration is beyond me), so my hat is off to all who subject themselves to reading piles of crap in order to find the gems.

And you know what urks me even more than crappy books and researchers? When people come on the forum and can't even be bothered to read the relatively TINY amount of recommended books, which are absolute gold, already sifted through heaps of sand. Nevermind having the wherewithal to do the sifting yourself, if you can't even read what amounts to highly concentrated knowledge on a silver platter then then you just can't be helped. </rant>

SAO said:
FireShadow said:

I saw the video, and although it's interesting, we gotta be extremely careful about the "science". It sounds like a bag of uncritically accepted "facts" being presented, with a very heavy religious overtone - sounds like he's trying desperately to prove the bible was right. Also at least one thing jumped out at me that I know is blatantly false. At 42:35 in the video the presenter said that the following creature exists today as a result of genetic manipulation:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/half-pig-photo.html

It's just a sculpture, although some websites and mass emails circulated claimed it was real. Why would the guy just accept something like this without checking? And if he so easily bought into this (or is knowingly lying to try to convince the audience of his claims) then there's no reason he was very careful about verifying any of his other "facts". The whole presentation seems like nothing more than hypothesis/theories but presented as if they are proven facts. Also the fact that he's religious and tries to prove the bible right is another clue that he's not a serious researcher and either has an agenda himself, or is a dupe of someone else. At best this video gives a list of things that need independent research to confirm/deny, and will turn out to be only marginally true.

But honestly, as Ark often says in such cases, when some guy comes along acting like a "scientist" and then makes such a blatantly and easily verifiable false statement, it makes me not even care about anything else he has to say - I'm reluctant to dig through his bathwater to look for a baby. There are better authors and books, better researchers, better videos that deserve our attention. They are at least diligent and sincere in their approach, and the mistakes they make in their analysis and the holes in their research are forgivable, not embarrassing.

Although having said that, without going through piles of crap we wouldn't have those gems. For every book that Laura and others find that is added to the recommended reading list, they have to read 100 that are crap. So someone *has* to wade through that filthy bathwater before the gems are found, and the amount of patience this must take is ridiculous (how do you not throw 90% of those books out the window in frustration is beyond me), so my hat is off to all who subject themselves to reading piles of crap in order to find the gems.

And you know what urks me even more than crappy books and researchers? When people come on the forum and can't even be bothered to read the relatively TINY amount of recommended books, which are absolute gold, already sifted through heaps of sand. Nevermind having the wherewithal to do the sifting yourself, if you can't even read what amounts to highly concentrated knowledge on a silver platter then then you just can't be helped. </rant>

I'm back home and have watched the video. I must agree with SAO.

Even "Answersingenesis" website agrees (_http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v21/i2/ark.asp):

In the case of other recent ‘discoveries,’ however, the would-be Indiana Joneses are very familiar with the Bible. Perhaps the most well-known are the claims of one Ron Wyatt, from Tennessee, heavily promoted also by a Jonathan Gray, from South Australia.

The Wyatt/Gray claims are truly astonishing (see Amazing claims). Unfortunately, reputable Bible-believing archaeologists and other experts willing and capable of giving an objective assessment are never able to check out the claimed artifacts. There is generally a plausible-sounding story as to why that is impossible, or why the time is not right. The alleged finding of the Ark of the Covenant (see also The Ark of the Covenant—could it even be found?) is associated with claims of supernatural intervention, photographs mysteriously getting fogged or vanishing, and ‘Men in Black’ style government cover-ups.

Are the claims true? If they are, such a staggeringly impressive list would mean that Ron Wyatt had been almost as miraculously assisted by God as the patriarch Moses.4 If, however, a careful examination of just one or two of these claims reveals them to be false, fanciful or fraudulent, the ‘divine leading’ option evaporates, and it is clear that Christians are being seriously misled.

Then they go on to debunk a few of the claims by Wyatt (promoted by Jonathan Gray).

I was a bit skeptical as soon as I copied and pasted the link given by HowToBe and scrolled down to find the source link (_http://www.beforeus.com/) The advertising seemed so much like it came from one of those "fly by night" flim/flam artists. A lot of hype and sensationalism. Then, I googled the titles of the books and found them available on Amazon.com and read the reviews. One gave positive reviews and the other gave negative review based on religious agenda. Then, I noticed the video and thought that would be a quick way of seeing the material without investing too much time or any money. I am glad the video was there.

Although, I do admit to being fascinated with the theory of a "canopy" around the earth...and it's theorized effects.

Back
Top Bottom