once again SOTT not available

This webpage is not available
The webpage at http://www.sott.net/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.

I keep reloading to no avail

dant said:
Same here, in Portland, OR

I said in my article yesterday that there were going to be changes... in process. It just takes a little down time to sort things out.

SOTT doesn't work for me.
has it something to do with the new forum layout ?

I have not been able to access the SOTT page for the past two days. I can get the Forum, Fellowship and Cassiopaea through a bookmarked link. I am not even getting an error message, you know the one that says 'the website is not responding, check your internet connection' thing, it just continues to try to find the page.

I haven't seen any posts here that anyone else is having this problem. It seems weird. Or I am not looking very well. Is SOTT down for maintenance?

Freya said:
Is SOTT down for maintenance?

I am in the U.S., it has been working fine for me all throughout the last 2 days.

Instead of typing sott.net as the webpage, you could try typing 66.90.73.49 instead. If the problem is related to DNS resolution, this might fix it.

dugdeep said:
Jason (ocean59) said:
Freya said:
Is SOTT down for maintenance?

I am in the U.S., it has been working fine for me all throughout the last 2 days.

Working fine here in Canada, too. :)

I'm in Oregon, and I haven't been able to access it for two days now. The mental and physical withdrawal symptoms are horrendously devastating. Will probably have to take some Prozac by tomorrow.......... :scared: :lol:

Samuel said:
I'm in Oregon, and I haven't been able to access it for two days now. The mental and physical withdrawal symptoms are horrendously devastating. Will probably have to take some Prozac by tomorrow.......... :scared: :lol:

Hi Samuel,

Have you tried the direct link as Jason mentioned above?

I've been having issues accessing it through bookmarks, but when I type the www.sott.net address straight into the browser it works. If anyone might know why that is and how I can fix it, I'm all ears.

Try using Tools Options to set your start up page for Sott. More than one tab can be set up the same way, so the forum can be included – it’s what I do and rarely have these problems.

anart said:
I've been having issues accessing it through bookmarks, but when I type the www.sott.net address straight into the browser it works. If anyone might know why that is and how I can fix it, I'm all ears.

I just started using a 'nightly build' of Firefox, available at _http://nightly.mozilla.org/

There is the potential for bugs, but so far it works great for me. And the 64 bit version is REALLY fast. (Need to install Flash 64 bit beta, and Java 64 for better functionality)

It is possible that if the bookmark thing is a bug, they have fixed it in these nightly releases. YMMV.

Yeah, my home page is sott and it won't load that way - I have to manually type in the address. I'll check out the nightly build thing.

Back
Top Bottom