Question out of curiosity

Tarri

Jedi Master
I work with adult MRDD individuals. (Mentally and Developely Handicapped) who are extremely handicapped. They don't talk, walk, some do not acknowledge that they know you are around. The medical industry makes a killing on these guys experimenting with drugs and such. Anyway...

My question is are they OP's or human? Trapped in a disfuntional body?
Many that are somewhat coherent are manipulative and act out for basic disires such as sexual stimulation, or emotions such as anger, fear, etc.

I remember reading in one of the C' transcripts where someone was asking how you can tell if you are not an OP. They stated if you have empathy for another. They do not exhibit this. I find that some of them exhibit animal behaviors.

Any comments? Tarri

Hello Tarri and group

I have found myself wondering about the same subject because my spouse's brother is mentally handicapped. His condition is not as bad as what you describe above; but basically he is 23 with a mental capacity of a 10 year old, and also his body doesn't grow like a regular person does, he seems to be the age of 14 or 15. He also uses sign language in order to communicate.

Anyway, my spouse and I think that he seems to be smarter than he appears. He has an extremely smart personality, and sometimes it is as if he knows he has been titled a handicap and he uses that to his advantage.

He used to have a problem of sexually touching his sister's friends and they were not very happy about it. He touched me once and I got very mad at him, and told his care-taker. She taught him an exercise where he pretends that everybody has their own 'bubble' around them, and that is their private 'bubble', and that he can't enter into the 'bubble' of others. Now, every time he sees me, even before saying hi, he shows me the sign for the 'bubble'. Which shows me how much he actually tries to think and not be mechanical, and that there really seems to be a battle going on within him.

I do find that he seems to have empathy. I find that he expresses empathy towards the animals he lives with (lots of birds, a cat and dog.) And he is VERY polite and just seems to really care about everyone around him.

So anyway, I have also been wondering about soul development of handicap people. Before I used to think that they may just be getting rid of very strong karma, and that is why they choose to live such tough lives. But as you state, I have met those handicaps who are purely mechanical, and don't think at all. But in the case of my spouse's brother I have seen something entirely different, and I do realize there are different degrees of handicap.

I can't help but wonder about whether he is growing a soul in his own way, through his own daily battles and struggles. And I still can't help but wonder about the role of karma in a handicap person's life.

Just some thoughts...
Nina

Even though it is difficult to judge a handicapped person's abilities to reason, have empathy, etc. I think you still have to keep all options open. A mentally handicapped person could even be a very advanced soul. Nothing rules out an advanced soul re-incarnating (volunteering as it were for a mission) to help in a lesson for the group they are with. I remember one session where the C's spoke of a little girl being murdered and it was actually part of her profile and it was possible that she was an advanced soul and had incarnated as part of the lesson for others. I know that is vague as I have not looked up the passage. But I think we need to keep in mind that the entire spectrum of OP, psychopath, potentially fully individuated soul, STO candidate, fully STS FRV, all of the spectrum is possible in anyone you encounter. Incaranation into a physically crippled body or mentally handicapped body does not necessarily indicate a level of advancement or OP'ness or STO'ness. Karma, lessons, service to others can all play a role.

knowledge_of_self said:
Hello Tarri and group

I have found myself wondering about the same subject because my spouse's brother is mentally handicapped. His condition is not as bad as what you describe above; but basically he is 23 with a mental capacity of a 10 year old, and also his body doesn't grow like a regular person does, he seems to be the age of 14 or 15. He also uses sign language in order to communicate.

Anyway, my spouse and I think that he seems to be smarter than he appears. He has an extremely smart personality, and sometimes it is as if he knows he has been titled a handicap and he uses that to his advantage.

He used to have a problem of sexually touching his sister's friends and they were not very happy about it. He touched me once and I got very mad at him, and told his care-taker. She taught him an exercise where he pretends that everybody has their own 'bubble' around them, and that is their private 'bubble', and that he can't enter into the 'bubble' of others. Now, every time he sees me, even before saying hi, he shows me the sign for the 'bubble'. Which shows me how much he actually tries to think and not be mechanical, and that there really seems to be a battle going on within him.

I do find that he seems to have empathy. I find that he expresses empathy towards the animals he lives with (lots of birds, a cat and dog.) And he is VERY polite and just seems to really care about everyone around him.

So anyway, I have also been wondering about soul development of handicap people. Before I used to think that they may just be getting rid of very strong karma, and that is why they choose to live such tough lives. But as you state, I have met those handicaps who are purely mechanical, and don't think at all. But in the case of my spouse's brother I have seen something entirely different, and I do realize there are different degrees of handicap.

I can't help but wonder about whether he is growing a soul in his own way, through his own daily battles and struggles. And I still can't help but wonder about the role of karma in a handicap person's life.

Just some thoughts...
Nina

christx11 said:
all of the spectrum is possible in anyone you encounter.
Agree. Anyone can be anything.
It is indeed difficult to judge a handicap's abilities.
And I think it is even more difficult and tricky to perform the same evaluation for a sophisticated psycopath -the danger is here.
The persons Tarri refers too, tend to be quite clear on the way the come through: They are honest, as knowledge_of_self's example ilustrates. Their intentions are clear. They act their intentions quite straightforwardly. And this is evident most particulary for the loving ones near them: They know them, and many, love them because of what they are.
With all due respect, Tarri, I think the question is not if this persons are op's or humans. It appears to me the question is: Can humans (op's are humans) become psicopaths? And the answer is most definetelly Yes. Are they still humans then? This "state" goes farther as the more sophisticated the psicopath becomes.
I consider this distinction important because some persons consider this data before modifying the treatment to them, treating them "accordingly".
And in my view, the data of being or not a OP is not data to consider as to impart a different treatment. One would do better using that data to impart different treatment to one'se self before judging other's abilities.
Just my opinion.

Thanks for your responses.

The Gardener wrote:
"And in my view, the data of being or not a OP is not data to consider as to impart a different treatment. One would do better using that data to impart different treatment to one'se self before judging other's abilities."

Thank you. Very clear answer.
Tarri

Back
Top Bottom