Author Topic: Share on Facebook  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Kaigen

• The Living Force
  • From the fire comes light!
    • Pracownia
Share on Facebook
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:14:09 AM »
Hi, thank you for your great work, on Sott.
By sharing the articles on FB.
it looks like this.

In English SOTT like this

Can you do something about it? Thanks in advance.
C's:  At some point there will be those among your group who will step forward and accept the mantle of teacher.  Your role as teachers of teachers is one that may produce the balancing energy needed for the STO harvest to be plentiful indeed.  Perhaps you should relax and not be afraid of the child you have borne taking its first step out in the world.  There are many teachers in your group.  Each of them will awaken to their mission destiny profile as appropriate. June 22, 2002

Offline anart

• The Living Force
Re: Share on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:29:01 PM »
I'll pass the question on to our techies!

Offline Mr. Scott

• Administrator
    • Sott.net
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
I just posted the same German SOTT article (along with a second one) to my Facebook page as a test, and it worked okay.
Might be just a Facebook glitch.

Offline Freya

• Jedi
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 05:01:08 AM »
Maybe a Facebook glitch, or possibly my own mental glitch, but it appears that the 'like' & 'share on facebook' buttons are missing.  The google +1, twitter, digg, etc seem to be there.  I have tried checking a few articles and even closed my eyes, shook my head and looked again but still don't see them!

Anyway, I just thought I'd bring it up in the event that I am not 'not seeing things'.
As Gurdjieff said, "Practice love on animals first; they react better and more sensitively." as posted by Anart and taken to heart!

Offline Freya

• Jedi
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:59:01 AM »
Must have been a Facebook glitch, it seems to be working fine now.   But I swear it wasn't there before!!!
As Gurdjieff said, "Practice love on animals first; they react better and more sensitively." as posted by Anart and taken to heart!

Offline Scarlet

• Dagobah Resident
  • To infinity and beyond!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:04:48 AM »
I frequently share SOTT articles on Facebook and appreciate that there was a "share on Facebook" option added a while back.  I just had the thought that it might increase traffic to the site if there were also share options for the "quote of the day," the "picture of the day," and the "spread the word" images.  Is sharing images something that's even possible to do?  What do you all think?
"Fall seven times, stand up eight." -Japanese Proverb
"A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner." -English Proverb
"It is better to know your own faults than those of your neighbor." -African Proverb

Offline Argo

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 05:51:10 AM »

I saw yesterday on FB Cassiopaea group in Serbo-Croatian language that one member of the group posted a link to a new session, and I noticed that next to the title stands image of my 'avatar'. I just wanted to ask is it some glitch or is with intention?  :)

Online Gawan

• Ambassador
  • The temptation
    • Zeichen der Zeit.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:33:17 AM »

I saw yesterday on FB Cassiopaea group in Serbo-Croatian language that one member of the group posted a link to a new session, and I noticed that next to the title stands image of my 'avatar'. I just wanted to ask is it some glitch or is with intention?  :)

As I know it is normal, since Facebook always looks for pictures and grabs then one and our avatars are also pictures. Maybe someone changed the avatar too, which is also possible when there is more then one picture available.
"When something goes wrong, take it as an adventure." Laura

Offline Argo

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »

As I know it is normal, since Facebook always looks for pictures and grabs then one and our avatars are also pictures. Maybe someone changed the avatar too, which is also possible when there is more then one picture available.

If I understood well, when someone copy a link of the  C's session from browser, in the same way as you would do with an article, and share it on his/her FB profile, it is normal that Facebook randomly put some picture/avatar next to the title, and in this case it is mine?

I'm just curious because I drew that picture and I didn't notice that someone else is using it.  :)

Offline A Jay

• Jedi Master
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 01:29:26 AM »

If I understood well, when someone copy a link of the  C's session from browser, in the same way as you would do with an article, and share it on his/her FB profile, it is normal that Facebook randomly put some picture/avatar next to the title, and in this case it is mine?

I'm just curious because I drew that picture and I didn't notice that someone else is using it.  :)

Yes, I've seen Facebook use avatar pics for link thumbnails before. Though it seems like it's random, I have seen it happen.
"Only a warrior can survive the path of knowledge, because the art of being a warrior is balancing the terror of being a man with the wonder of being a man... The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or as a curse." - Don Juan Matus

Online Renaissance

• Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 03:39:36 AM »
Your avatar image was the first image that had the right size for facebook.  They like bigger images for the FB feed so they skip over smaller images until they find one big enough.
Conscious faith is freedom. Emotional faith is slavery. Mechanical faith is foolishness. - Gurdjieff

Offline Argo

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 05:26:43 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Renaissance.  :)