Share on Facebook

Kaigen

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi, thank you for your great work, on Sott.
By sharing the articles on FB.
it looks like this.
diskus.JPG

In English SOTT like this
diskus2.JPG

Can you do something about it? Thanks in advance.

I just posted the same German SOTT article (along with a second one) to my Facebook page as a test, and it worked okay.
Might be just a Facebook glitch.

Maybe a Facebook glitch, or possibly my own mental glitch, but it appears that the 'like' & 'share on facebook' buttons are missing. The google +1, twitter, digg, etc seem to be there. I have tried checking a few articles and even closed my eyes, shook my head and looked again but still don't see them!

Anyway, I just thought I'd bring it up in the event that I am not 'not seeing things'.

Must have been a Facebook glitch, it seems to be working fine now. But I swear it wasn't there before!!!

I frequently share SOTT articles on Facebook and appreciate that there was a "share on Facebook" option added a while back. I just had the thought that it might increase traffic to the site if there were also share options for the "quote of the day," the "picture of the day," and the "spread the word" images. Is sharing images something that's even possible to do? What do you all think?

I saw yesterday on FB Cassiopaea group in Serbo-Croatian language that one member of the group posted a link to a new session, and I noticed that next to the title stands image of my 'avatar'. I just wanted to ask is it some glitch or is with intention? :)

Argo said:
I saw yesterday on FB Cassiopaea group in Serbo-Croatian language that one member of the group posted a link to a new session, and I noticed that next to the title stands image of my 'avatar'. I just wanted to ask is it some glitch or is with intention? :)

As I know it is normal, since Facebook always looks for pictures and grabs then one and our avatars are also pictures. Maybe someone changed the avatar too, which is also possible when there is more then one picture available.

Gawan said:
Argo said:

As I know it is normal, since Facebook always looks for pictures and grabs then one and our avatars are also pictures. Maybe someone changed the avatar too, which is also possible when there is more then one picture available.

If I understood well, when someone copy a link of the C's session from browser, in the same way as you would do with an article, and share it on his/her FB profile, it is normal that Facebook randomly put some picture/avatar next to the title, and in this case it is mine?

I'm just curious because I drew that picture and I didn't notice that someone else is using it. :)

Argo said:
Gawan said:
Argo said:

If I understood well, when someone copy a link of the C's session from browser, in the same way as you would do with an article, and share it on his/her FB profile, it is normal that Facebook randomly put some picture/avatar next to the title, and in this case it is mine?

I'm just curious because I drew that picture and I didn't notice that someone else is using it. :)

Yes, I've seen Facebook use avatar pics for link thumbnails before. Though it seems like it's random, I have seen it happen.

Your avatar image was the first image that had the right size for facebook. They like bigger images for the FB feed so they skip over smaller images until they find one big enough.

Back
Top Bottom