Getting hit by a car dream

knowledge_of_self

The Living Force
Hey all:

I had a really short dream last night but it caused me to wake up quite abruptly and it was very frightening.

I had just fallen asleep when I had this dream, so it was like 10 minutes of dreaming.

In the dream, I was stepping off a curb trying to cross a street. The light was supposed to be red for on-coming traffic, and the walking-light was green. So I stepped off the curb, and I see this red sports car coming at me in full speed. I remember thinking, "oh my god I'm going to die!" as the car hit me, and the second it hit I was jolted awake. My heart was pounding, and I was sweating...

I looked up the meaning for getting hit by car dreams and saw this:

A car crash dream usually means that you feel like your life is a wreck. Look at how the car crash occurred in the dream. Did another car hit yours? Was there ice or water on a highway? What leads up to the crash is usually a good indicator of how you are perceiving what is occurring in your life. If someone else hit your car you may feel the a situation is 'not your fault', that you are being victimized by an outside source over which you have no control. If hitting ice or water in the road may indicate an emotional situation which is causing you to feel out of control. Look at the details of the dream and see what led up to the crash or loss of control.

Well the weird thing about my dream was that, there was no water or any weather problems. I didn't see who was driving the car because the car was tinted. And I felt pretty in control/careful crossing the street. Because I remember I was waiting for the walking-light to go green. So I'm not really sure if any of the above quote applies to me at the moment. I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone can think of anything else the car could represent.

Thanks!

Hi Deedlet

There is also this: cars represent the physical body or ways of getting around in life – personality, drive, ambition, etc.

What do red, and sports car mean to you, re the above? Is there some part of you that is like that?

The action, events in the dream, what do they remind you of in your waking life?

This may help or not.

fwiw what comes to mind is that the sports car drivers behaviour was pathological (accelerating full speed on a red light).
The cross walk may be a situation where you have to expose yourself to others, and trust that they obey the rules of the road.....where as a pathological type has no regard for the rules of the road.
The sports car seems to be another clue......flashy sports cars do tend to be owned by pathological individuals.....red may also indicate danger.
Crossing the road may represent a transition....but a specifically prescribed/restricted one under societies laws.
Death in dreams is another matter though....it usually signifies change.

So some thoughts as what it may/may not be.
A random dream?
Past/parallel life?
A warning about a pathological (flash/slick) individual in you're life (or coming out of left field)? Or general law? - with both of these the message would be that you where not taking into account how pathological individuals operate....you assumed all was safe (to cross the road) - because the signs said it should be (societies signs don't account for psychopaths), when you really need to pay more attention perhaps?
With the above in mind....it may also be you're internal predator who has (or is about to) performed a 'hit and run' on you.
Having said all that....what if the driver was you?

So with all that in mind....who or what is the driver? and who or what was 'about to die'?

Good advice thus far Deedlet, not too much to offer other than a slight alternative in terms of interpretation.

Cars (vehicles) equate with ones state of awareness, rather than the physical.

Just as a car is a vehicle which transports us through the physical side of life, so does our awareness act as a vehicle for the indwelling intelligence to experience life on the physical plane.

Red is the color of desire, but also anger. Anger is not always bad, it can indicate the desire to fight. And it is usually when we are angry that our "be nice" and "pity me" programs drop away, in short, we achieve clarity when we are angry if the emotion is used properly to bring things into focus.

That requires being detached and objective, however. If we "consider" as Gurdjieff uses the term, or if we identify with the emotion, then all too often it becomes destructive and uses us rather than being used constructively.

If the car = your state of awareness and "hits you" suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, perhaps it is a warning about suppressed anger coming out of nowhere and "blind-siding" you.

FWIW

Back
Top Bottom