"Life Without Bread"

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Laura said:
Start the new topic, "Life Without Bread" and then I or one of the other mods can move the posts from this one to that one. They'll automatically sort in order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the session.

A: Cosmic changes in process. Each person experiences this differently according to genetics and environment. Recall previous sufferings preparatory to DNA boosts? All must keep vigilant about diet and psychic hygiene during this time as there are also external factors that seek to block the natural process.

and later:

A: Watch the diet!

Here, I will express my point of view again about fried food, it should be removed from the diet. The fried part is just a dead part, this is ingesting very very low vibrations. This is only my point of view.

- -
NOTICE: For a summarized information, check out this post with the linked document titled "Diet research of the sott.net forum - A summary of the science background".

RedFox said:
Ellipse said:
Here, I will express my point of view again about fried food, it should be removed from the diet. The fried part is just a dead part, this is ingesting very very low vibrations.

Do you have data to back up this statement Ellipse?

Frying with the wrong sort of oils (vegetable/soy oils - or oils that break down in the heat) would be bad for you. Frying in teflon would also be bad for you. Frying in stainless tell or cast iron, with animal fats or coconut oil on the other hand would be good for you (as the frying pan is neutral, and the fats are what the body needs and do not break down in the heat).

Whenever diet is mentioned, I'd always say (first above all else) make sure you are not eating gluten, dairy, soy, corn, and sugar. Are getting lots of (good) fats and high quality (organic) meat....and have tested you're sensitivity to foods (plants mostly).

Having said all that, I think you are taking the quote about diet out of context....

Q: (L) Does that mean as I think, being very careful about any carbs?

A: Yes.

Meaning having very few or zero simple carbs/sugars (e.g. no fruit). And limiting the amount of complex carbs you have. You're energy should be coming mostly from (good) fats....as this does not raise insulin levels and/or stress the adrenal glands out....among other things.
What about the last session (13 Feb) when it says:
Q: (Galaxia) Will our dietary changes help us fight it off?

A: Enormously!!! Especially fat consumption for cell protection.

Q: (Ark) What kind of cookies are especially good? (laughter)

A: Shortbread!

Q: (Andromeda) With coconut oil?

This is eating carb, im sorry but im confuse

DreamGod said:

----

He asked "What kind of cookies are especially good?"

Cookies being the subject here. Meaning that even though minimum carbs are ideal, shortbread, you could say, is a lesser evil regarding cookies/treats.
Another possibility is that they were just mirroring Ark's playfulness.

Legolas said:
As brought up in the last session, this is the topic to discuss the topic about a low carb diet from Dr. Wolfgang Lutz and his book Life without bread

fwiw

Galatea said:
DreamGod said:

----

Cookies being the subject here. Meaning that even though minimum carbs are ideal, shortbread, you could say, is a lesser evil regarding cookies/treats.

Both, and more. Our shortbread cookies are made from pure buckwheat flour with xylitol. Buckwheat is very high in protein and xylitol has an extremely low glycemic load.

Laura said:
Both, and more. Our shortbread cookies are made from pure buckwheat flour with xylitol. Buckwheat is very high in protein and xylitol has an extremely low glycemic load.

Can there be said what is recommended cause of GI testing, which would be tolerable regarding fruit? Or just plain and simple no fruit at all?

_http://www.glycemicindex.com/

This site provides a search function (name and as well GI result can be searched for), where you can find out the GI level of food and comparing xylitol with other stuff and xylitol seems unbeatable (xylitol has a rate 7, compared to an apple with 35).

shellycheval said:
As usual, it is the EE breathing and meditation that are saving me and keeping me functionally sane, as well as staying in touch with you all here.

Mostly it's just little zips of light or shadow that I catch out of the corner of my eye, hard to explain.
A lot of this is also happening to me, and sometimes lately when I look at something, like some clothes hung on a chair, it will appear as something else for a split second--like my mind is trying to focus it as a person or " living body" of some kind instead of the pile of clothes or stack of boxes that it really is.

Same here, I almost consider it normal seeing flashing lights. :)

Laura said:
Glycation is a problem only if you are eating more than 72 grams of carbohydrates per day.

Thanks for such a specific guideline. Does this include both simple and complex carbohydrates?

Galatea said:
DreamGod said:

----

Thank you very much, so the thing is to avoid as much carbs as we can.... :)

Thanks for the session! I guess I'm going to have to throw out D'Adamo's Bloodtype/Genotype books now. :lol: According to him, NO type of meat is beneficial for me, and I should be eating mostly veggies and beans.

Legolas said:
Can there be said what is recommended cause of GI testing, which would be tolerable regarding fruit? Or just plain and simple no fruit at all?

This site provides a search function (name and as well GI result can be searched for), where you can find out the GI level of food and comparing xylitol with other stuff and xylitol seems unbeatable (xylitol has a rate 7, compared to an apple with 35).

Not to mention D-ribose which has a negative gylcemic index!

I strongly urge everyone to read "Life Without Bread" to answer some of these questions. It's not a good idea to go whole hog on the low carb diet all at once. The body needs time to adjust. And it may not even be a good idea for some people at all - their conditions may be too far advanced. But for most people and even most conditions, they only get better on the low carb plan and that means less than 72 grams of carbs per day.

Mrs. Peel said:
Thanks for the session! I guess I'm going to have to throw out D'Adamo's Bloodtype/Genotype books now. :lol: According to him, NO type of meat is beneficial for me, and I should be eating mostly veggies and beans.

Yep! Me too. I am an A+ and at the moment, I'm on an almost entirely meat diet. Doing the detox diet, I found that I could not eat any fruit and only 3 vegetables. The Quinoa blinis are okay for me. I make them with stevia.

So for quite a while now I have been eating meat with a blini twice a day (okay, the blini is on the larger size :P). It's a very large portion of meat to blinis.

I also found out that I cannot eat pork. The last three weeks or so my back was killing me, that's the same time I started eating more pork. Once I quit the pork, the inflammation subsided. :cry: I really love pork.

Legolas] [quote author=RedFox said:

Q: (L) Does that mean as I think, being very careful about any carbs?

Meaning having very few or zero simple carbs/sugars (e.g. no fruit). And limiting the amount of complex carbs you have. You're energy should be coming mostly from (good) fats....as this does not raise insulin levels and/or stress the adrenal glands out....among other things.

Unfortunately I have not many facts at hand right now, I only heard from my doc (for diabetics), that too fat consumption needs insulin.

It is called: gluconeogenesis
[/quote]

I have to revise myself here entirely and did ask today a nutritional adviser about it and she said insulin is only needed, when sausages are prepared with flour (gluten). That means: meat = doesn't need insulin.

Sorry for that.

Laura said:
Legolas said:

Not to mention D-ribose which has a negative gylcemic index!

I strongly urge everyone to read "Life Without Bread" to answer some of these questions. It's not a good idea to go whole hog on the low carb diet all at once. The body needs time to adjust. And it may not even be a good idea for some people at all - their conditions may be too far advanced. But for most people and even most conditions, they only get better on the low carb plan and that means less than 72 grams of carbs per day.

Thank you for that Laura, so I will go for that book.

Mrs. Peel said:

Ditto.

Nienna Eluch said:
Yep! Me too. I am an A+ and at the moment, I'm on an almost entirely meat diet.

I also found out that I cannot eat pork. The last three weeks or so my back was killing me, that's the same time I started eating more pork. Once I quit the pork, the inflammation subsided. :cry: I really love pork.

Is that all pork? I'm A too, yet can eat both bacon and ham (cured pork), otherwise like you I cannot eat any other pork. And, beef is completely out of the question, other than beef dripping or suet. Lamb is fine, as is turkey, duck and chicken breast. :)

This may help or not.

Mrs. Peel said:

I'm the same as you, Mrs Peel (according to D'Adamo), and before we started down the road of low carbs and more meat in the diet, I was basically a low fat vegetarian with bits of chicken and fish added. Now I have meat three times a day, lots and lots of good animal fats, and I've reduced my carbs drastically. I'm not down to 72 grams daily yet, but as someone mentioned recently, it's best to proceed slowly so the body can adjust. Anyway, I just feel so much better on this diet that it makes me wonder what exactly D'Adamo was on about! The more that I eat meat, the more I want to eat it, and I've been eating more real red meat in addition to bacon and pork mince - lamb is delicious!

On a side note I was at a workplace training today and we were discussing poor behaviour in children. I mentioned that there are other triggers for poor behaviour, i.e. dietary (as we know), and I backed this up with a description of a study carried out by Great Ormond Street Children's hospital in London a few years ago. Even that was too much for people to hear. It seemed they were all shaking their heads as they swigged their coca-colas! It amazes me that people think they can eat whatever they like simply because it tastes 'good' and not have any consequences!!

Endymion said:
Mrs. Peel said:

I'm the same as you, Mrs Peel (according to D'Adamo), and before we started down the road of low carbs and more meat in the diet, I was basically a low fat vegetarian with bits of chicken and fish added. Now I have meat three times a day, lots and lots of good animal fats, and I've reduced my carbs drastically. I'm not down to 72 grams daily yet, but as someone mentioned recently, it's best to proceed slowly so the body can adjust. Anyway, I just feel so much better on this diet that it makes me wonder what exactly D'Adamo was on about! The more that I eat meat, the more I want to eat it, and I've been eating more real red meat in addition to bacon and pork mince - lamb is delicious!

Same here, the more meat I eat the more I want to eat it. But I'm still in the adjustment phase, my body is still used to getting its sugar fix from fruits and it's not easy to get off of it. All in all, it's really interesting to see that the Chateaus' study results are true: animal fat is the way to go! I've been a low-fat vegetarian similar to you, Endymion, and a few years back I couldn't have imagined to ever eat meat. I still can't get my head around it how the process of denial can be so strong: one is holding oneself prisoner in a belief and thinks one is perfectly right, and everything contradicting it is a threat and is being shoved away.
I think it would be really beneficial to teach the mechanism of denial already to kids, so that they don't even have to enter such a debilitating state.

Laura said:
I think that for the individual who really needs to do an almost all-meat diet, and finances are an issue, there is one good way to approach it: stew beef/pork/lamb, whatever. The cheap cuts of meat can be cut into chunks, put in the pressure cooker with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and cooked under pressure for 30 minutes. Use very little water, and the meat juices make a fine sauce. You can have a bowl of this a couple times a day and meet your nutritional needs very inexpensively.

Thanks for the tip, Laura -- the financial aspect has also been on my mind, as in how to afford an all-organic-meat diet, and this option makes it a lot easier.

By the way, I've also been seeing those flashes of light in the last few months, as well as seeing 'things' out of the corner of my eyes.

Endymion said:
Mrs. Peel said:

Same here. I used to occasionally eat meat but now it is my main food source. I notice particularly that if I eat plenty of fat, it keeps me for hours without even thinking of food. Carbohydrates on the other hand,used to only last a short while.

Endymion said:
On a side note I was at a workplace training today and we were discussing poor behaviour in children. I mentioned that there are other triggers for poor behaviour, i.e. dietary (as we know), and I backed this up with a description of a study carried out by Great Ormond Street Children's hospital in London a few years ago. Even that was too much for people to hear. It seemed they were all shaking their heads as they swigged their coca-colas! It amazes me that people think they can eat whatever they like simply because it tastes 'good' and not have any consequences!!

I have been finding the same. Often the subject of diet comes up at work, in some of my classes. I have, so to say, been testing the waters. I wouldn't say that it is absolutely pointless, as some people do seem to ponder, but the vast majority is completely, and I should repeat, completely immersed within the lies they have been fed since they were born.
Come to think of it, how could they not? Thinking differently about food, and the way we think of it here, would not only challenge all of their beliefs about food, but also the health system in general. Their trust in doctors would be shattered to pieces. It is a very delicate subject I find, and it needs to be approached veeery gradually so as to not overwhelm someone who's been hearing the exact opposite for all his/her life.

Back
Top Bottom