The Odyssey - Manual of Secret Teachings?

Re: The Odyssey - question for all!

I did, years ago. It was part of the school curriculum.

I had an abridged version as a child, which I read avidly, but since then, no.

Yeah, I read it in high school (extracurricular reading, mind you). I've been meaning to go back and read it again, though. Don't know if I was ready for it then.

Yeah, I remember reading it in High School too. I know I wasn't ready to read it back then. I'd probably get more out of it now.

Years ago I started but never finished it. I didn't get very far into it, either.

RyanX said:
Yeah, I remember reading it in High School too. I know I wasn't ready to read it back then. I'd probably get more out of it now.

Same for me - high school. I'm sure I'd get an entirely different view of it now.

You've got my curiosity piqued, Laura. :D

I also read it in high school. I don't think I had much understanding of its true significance then, but remember there was something about it that very much appealed to me.

I also started some years ago but never finished it.

Just to give a clue: the reason I am asking is because I'm finishing a second book that interprets the Odyssey. The reason I am reading it is because of the growing number of scholars who are convinced that the Bible ripped off Homer and other Greek - and some Mesopotamian - literature. That is what started this research path.

Okay, so I'm reading these books which, of course, necessitates some careful reading of the Odyssey itself. It's rather shocking to realize that this is an instruction manual about hyperdimensional realities, STS/STO, and a host of other very interesting concepts including psychopathology. It is basically a manual for living in a world controlled by gods who may not have our best interests at heart.

What I would like to do is have a group reading of the Odyssey along with me posting some of the fascinating interpretations and comparisons from these books I've been reading. In that way, some seriously interesting ancient perspectives on hyperdimensional realities can be exposed and understood.

I'm sure the text is online for free somewhere though having a good hardcopy in your hands can't be beat.

Back
Top Bottom