What's the weather where you are?

Paddyjohn said:
I am confused as to what's happening here in England. The MSM has been saying today that East Anglia is the worst hit area from the Sahara sand air-pollution. Well I am here in East Anglia and I have seen nothing but clear skies, and a dust free environment. The MSM also showed pictures of London in a smog, and compared it to Beijing. I called my Dad who lives in London and he said the skies are clear with no sign of dust.

:huh:

I saw the news coverage & I was a bit baffled myself. I've seen nothing but clear skies (actually sunny at times) in central London & no dust, nada. Around dawn has been lovely to look at too. I just shook my head at the pictures & turned away from the tv thinking "next there gonna say Beijing or something", then they did! :rolleyes:

They may be pulling on that climate change thread, taxes & more laws (IOW a raft of individually small but collectively damaging backdoor laws) etc. _http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26844425 and _http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26880833

Queanbeyan/Canberra, mostly overcast some rain here and there, pretty mild 19ish degrees Celsius.
Usually pretty boring here... I happily welcome some thrills of some kind :)

Fluffy said:
Queanbeyan/Canberra, mostly overcast some rain here and there, pretty mild 19ish degrees Celsius.
Usually pretty boring here... I happily welcome some thrills of some kind :)

22 degrees Celsius and partly cloudy in Newcastle NSW today. Be careful what you wish for Fluffy ;)

H-kqge said:
Paddyjohn said:
I am confused as to what's happening here in England. The MSM has been saying today that East Anglia is the worst hit area from the Sahara sand air-pollution. Well I am here in East Anglia and I have seen nothing but clear skies, and a dust free environment. The MSM also showed pictures of London in a smog, and compared it to Beijing. I called my Dad who lives in London and he said the skies are clear with no sign of dust.

:huh:

I saw the news coverage & I was a bit baffled myself. I've seen nothing but clear skies (actually sunny at times) in central London & no dust, nada. Around dawn has been lovely to look at too. I just shook my head at the pictures & turned away from the tv thinking "next there gonna say Beijing or something", then they did! :rolleyes:

They may be pulling on that climate change thread, taxes & more laws (IOW a raft of individually small but collectively damaging backdoor laws) etc. _http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26844425 and _http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26880833

Here in Yorkshire, where it was not forecast to be particularly affected by air pollution, the past 4 days have been generally foggy in the morning with a low lying 'solid white' cover of cloud for the rest of the day. I expect that most of what I am seeing is water vapour but perhaps exacerbated by a higher amount of particulates originating from the Sahara (or so I am told).

I'm in the US and we had the strange yellow tinged sky as well, right after a rainstorm that began with small hail.

Oxajil said:
Compare that with March last year which was one of the coldest March (since formal records began), with lots of snow. Something's up for sure.

The rain continues too dominate this area, at a time over the last fours years where we would have had snow on the ground until mid May.

Last year in the month of October, it produced temp's that were bone chilling, having me think it would have been an early winter. But that never materialized. December (2013), came, and it was more like spring temps.

Today a whether system came through with a mix of light, and dark clouds. Producing interment light drizzly rain. Easy enough to do some light exercise, and enjoy the the light mist falling me face. Real nice.

But i have to wounder (as has been mentioned), that the summer will be early and perhaps short. With out of sink high temp's, as like a couple day's ago, it warmed up to 22.ºC in the city below. Seeing many cyclist, in shorts, wearing warm weather riding apparel.

It's all just kind of Wavy, no set pattern.

Attachments

• S-bound 48 deg. on 137.MHz sea Sur-Temp.Mid infrared -thermal infrared (1040x1424) (4).jpg
    S-bound 48 deg. on 137.MHz sea Sur-Temp.Mid infrared -thermal infrared (1040x1424) (4).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 284
In Central Alberta Canada it seems that spring is finally here. I hope i'm not speaking too soon.

Last week I was up in the mountains and I wasn't able to see the Milky Way. It was a moonless night, and usually, at that altitude the night sky is spectacular. Not anymore. I could barely see the constellation I was able identifying at much lower altitude just a few years ago. Probably, the higher atmosphere is indeed filled with dust.

davey72 said:
In Central Alberta Canada it seems that spring is finally here. I hope i'm not speaking too soon.

Apparently so. We enjoyed Spring-like weather for the last couple of weeks, too.
But now... We're here in S. Wisconsin and after a day and a half of heavy rain off and on... it's snowing!
Low tonight is forecast to be 21 F ( -6 C).
Figures... just put the Winter coats, hats and mittens away the weekend before.

Our average last day of Spring frost for this area is April 21st; might have to push that forward a couple of weeks this year. (that's probably wishful thinking, too)

Central Pennsylvania has spent a few good days with a Spring warm up. Today, some area's reach near 65 - 70F.

Here's our current forecast:
In less than 48 hours it'll be 50 degrees colder than it was this afternoon. Winds today have been gusting to 40mph in places and rain is approaching from the west. Rain will arrive in central Pa by 7:00pm and 10:00pm in eastern PA. Expect showers overnight followed by heavy rain here tomorrow.

In fact our Tuesday will be a wash-out with between 1 and 2 inch of rain. Minor flooding is possible along streams and poor drainage areas. Temperatures will nosedive during the afternoon down through the 50's and 40's and later in the day down into the 30's. There may be some snow tomorrow evening with a light coating possible in higher elevations especially over northern Pa.

Strong winds may cause power outages and some roads may turn slippery across northern PA. Freezing temperatures Wednesday morning will come under clear skies with gusty winds.

Oh NO! Not snow again - Ah Geez!

Skyfarmr said:
davey72 said:

Apparently so. We enjoyed Spring-like weather for the last couple of weeks, too.
But now... We're here in S. Wisconsin and after a day and a half of heavy rain off and on... it's snowing!
Low tonight is forecast to be 21 F ( -6 C).
Figures... just put the Winter coats, hats and mittens away the weekend before.

Our average last day of Spring frost for this area is April 21st; might have to push that forward a couple of weeks this year. (that's probably wishful thinking, too)

Yes. here it is a winter wonderland again. There was at least a couple inches of snow yesterday with 4-5 more inches expected before it ends. I find it funny that here in Canada we here snow or rain measured in millimeters, and centimeters, then the next increment is in inches.

Yesterday, a hell of hailstorm pour over in Mexico City and neighboor areas. Supposedly, a cold front encountered warm air coming from the Caribbean. The day before it rained with hail too and other areas were affected as well, last week was too hot. The air feels cold. And the sun burns. The day before there was another hailstorm that affected other areas as well. http://es.sott.net/article/27387-Tormenta-de-ayer-la-peor-en-17-anos-en-el-DF-Mexico (spanish).

The high way to Toluca (a near city) was closed for several hours, around 40 centimeters of hail in some places, a hell to many that wanted to go out for vacations.
_http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/hail-wreaks-easter-travel-havoc-mexico-city-23367356

Here some photos that do not correspond with spring season. (spanish) _http://noticias.terra.com.mx/mexico/df/granizada-paraliza-la-circulacion-en-la-mexico-toluca,92ef820ae4d65410VgnVCM20000099cceb0aRCRD.html

Hi guys, so I finally had the chance to upload a little clip i took the other day since my internet connection has been horribly slow.
on april 14 it was 70 degrees out (on the night of the eclipse) and the next day we had a mild rain that was followed by a snow storm. and after checking my FB page newsfeed, apparently none of my friends from this area was aware there was going to be any storm. They also seemed rather surprised.
it's been particularly cold since that day. But during the eclipse it was so hot, it was the first day in 7 months i had to wear shorts to have a cigarette. it really can change in a period of hours.

so here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy8aLM-AvWg

Well, it's supposed to be autumn here and temps are supposed to be getting cooler, but they seem to be sitting at 24 - 27 degrees Celsius, and virtually no rain (it does go down to 13 degrees at night). Easter is usually rainy and much cooler, but this year it's been like a summer's weekend, & our tourist town had been inundated with tourists (I love seeing new faces, otherwise it's Groundhog day over and over again! :rolleyes: )

Lots of rain in Serbia these days, which created floods in many places. Not much damage in the cities but in villages many crop fields are destroyed.
Today in Vrnjačka Banja: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uixo5AwIeO4

Back
Top Bottom