What's the weather where you are?

From 30 degrees Celsius on Friday to only 19 today and raining hard all day in Southern Saskatchewan. Got around 21mms. Supposed to clear up by noon tomorrow with gradually increasing temperature's to reach 28 by Wednesday. Two week forecast is generally for sunny skies and temps in the high teens.
In Cypress Hills in the Southwest corner of Saskatchewan, and 200 miles from where I live, it only got up to 4.5 Celsius today with 61mms of rain! This weather is supposed to be coming up from Colorado and Montana. Too bad it's not heading toward California instead.
Still waiting for global warming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Osijek, continental Croatia

It's cloudy but sun peeks through at times.

To quote my frend: "I've lived here since 1996. but I've never seen summer like this."

It was the coldest summer ever, and temps never reached 40 degrees Celsius, which happens every summer since we live in one of two hottest zones in Croatia.

It's raining almost every other day, and not those short summer rains which last for 10-15 minutes. No, it rains for hours and hours.

Sheets of rain here on the Mid-North Coast of NSW, and it looks to have set in for a whole week.

Here in central Alberta has been one of the dryest summers ever. There has been veey little rain and it rarely gets hotter than the low 20'S CELCIUS. Not a good year to grow anything.

Just wanted to share this little bit of History, for yesterday Monday July 25 was the 200th Anniversary when British troops set fire to Washington's Capitol, the White House and other government buildings and it was a Tornado that touched down in the middle of the city that saved it from further destruction.

_http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/08/the-tornado-that-stopped-the-burning-of-washington/

I was checking a Belgian news website and apparently yesterday they had a seriously wet day.
A local weatherman estimates that in 24 hours 500 to 1000 billion liters of water fell down over Belgium. (article in Dutch is here: _http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20140826_01232916)

Now of course, rivers are swollen.

I'm having a hard time finding much coverage on this.
The following page has a video that shows some flooding: _http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20140826_01233238/straten-blank-door-hevig-regenweer

angelburst29 said:
Just wanted to share this little bit of History, for yesterday Monday July 25 was the 200th Anniversary when British troops set fire to Washington's Capitol, the White House and other government buildings and it was a Tornado that touched down in the middle of the city that saved it from further destruction.

_http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/08/the-tornado-that-stopped-the-burning-of-washington/

Correction, Monday August 25, not July 25.

Redrock12 said:
From 30 degrees Celsius on Friday to only 19 today and raining hard all day in Southern Saskatchewan. Got around 21mms. Supposed to clear up by noon tomorrow with gradually increasing temperature's to reach 28 by Wednesday. Two week forecast is generally for sunny skies and temps in the high teens.
In Cypress Hills in the Southwest corner of Saskatchewan, and 200 miles from where I live, it only got up to 4.5 Celsius today with 61mms of rain! This weather is supposed to be coming up from Colorado and Montana. Too bad it's not heading toward California instead.
Still waiting for global warming. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Correction on the bolded sentence. According to weather report, it was 51mms.
Got up to 30Celsius today with clear skies. What a change from two days ago!

In BC it's around 23'C, and we've had clear skies for many weeks. The weather is forecast to be rainy over the weekend. I saw leaves fall for the first time this season today.

Pretty much same here as for whitecoast. The first fallen leaves I saw were just two or three days ago.

However, on the way home tonight I saw something strange that may or may not be weather. I saw a couple of orange flashes in the sky to the east, which looked like they could be lightning. I was driving so I couldn't intently watch the sky, but over the course of about three minutes there were two flashes that seemed like clouds being lit up by lightning, except I've never seen orange lightning before. I'm used to lightning being more frequent. My windows were slightly open, but there wasn't any audible thunder.

When I got online, Weather Underground's lightning map only showed one lightning strike in that direction in the previous hour (it's possible I looked at the map too late, and I know from experience that their map doesn't display all strikes). Looking online, I've read that orange lighting can be caused by atmospheric conditions at the time of lightning, varying temperatures of lightning, or very distant lightning.

_http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/tg/wflash/wflash2.htm
Heat lightning: Flashes too far away for observer to hear the thunder. Like sheet lightning, these flashes are created by lightning bolts, but are in thunderstorms more than 10 miles away. Trees, buildings and urban noise can cut this distance to less than five miles. It's called heat lightning because it is seen more frequently on hot summer nights when the sky overhead is clear. Often, air molecules and dust particles in the atmosphere refract the light coming from distant lightning, making the bolts or flashes appear orange.

Looking at the weather radar history, the only storm in that direction was a small one about 93 miles away, although I'm aware that lightning is not confined to rainy areas.

Could be something, could be nothing.

It has been raining here in Croatia and the Balkans this summer like crazy! The last couple of days were terrible here in Croatia, from the sea to the continent. Also, this "summer" wasn't a summer at ALL. I remember maybe one straight week with no rain and hot temp. Insane.

Literally, sheets of rain. Literally.

About 5 weeks ago England was told we were to have a heatwave, then it changed, i think 2 weeks after, we were informed that we would be blanketed with snow..

So i thought i'd wait a while to actually see! It did turn cold, very cold actually, and quite quickly. In north west England it went from averaging 20C, and was beautifully balmy in the sunshine, but then dropped to 8 -12C in the space of 3 days. I went from sleeping with a light blanket to needing my duvet!

The wind was particularly cold and it reminded me of the US 'polar vortex' (meandering jet stream) because the wind was very chilly and is what brought the temperature down so quickly. When it's not so cloudy, the direct sunlight can be very warm but overall, the wind chill is keeping it fresh.

I read the summer was the driest for a while. And I would say that autumn has come at least a few weeks earlier than normal.

Well, after some really beautiful late summer weather, it's back to the rain. It clouded over around noon today and started raining at about 4PM. A weather warning has been issued for the southern part of Saskatchewan, with the possibility of 40-70mms of rain. But it's supposed to be sunny and clear by noon tomorrow on into Sunday, with highs around 17 Celsius tomorrow, reaching a high of 25 by Sunday
September is usually quite dry. Then again, weather in Southern Saskatchewan is full of surprises.

Redrock12 said:
Well, after some really beautiful late summer weather, it's back to the rain. It clouded over around noon today and started raining at about 4PM. A weather warning has been issued for the southern part of Saskatchewan, with the possibility of 40-70mms of rain. But it's supposed to be sunny and clear by noon tomorrow on into Sunday, with highs around 17 Celsius tomorrow, reaching a high of 25 by Sunday
September is usually quite dry. Then again, weather in Southern Saskatchewan is full of surprises.

Ditto here, mostly.

Domagoj said:
It has been raining here in Croatia and the Balkans this summer like crazy! The last couple of days were terrible here in Croatia, from the sea to the continent. Also, this "summer" wasn't a summer at ALL. I remember maybe one straight week with no rain and hot temp. Insane.

Literally, sheets of rain. Literally.

True. No summer this year in Northern Balkans.

Couple of days ago another water pipe cracked in my street. And yesterday a strange smell came to my neighbourhood. In the afternoon it was like sulphur, but in the night the smell was different. Never felt it until now.

Something is cooking in the city of Belgrade. And it doesn't look good. :/

Back
Top Bottom