14368790_10210340494930124_6819834117076260510_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/istramet/videos/10154297243261072/

casper said:
Storm caught the Istria, flooded offices, transport difficult
14368790_10210340494930124_6819834117076260510_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/istramet/videos/10154297243261072/

Dude............. your rain coat? Mirth

weather-duck-animals-raining-toeshoes-barefoot-kkin171_low.jpg

There was an "strange" storm in this part of the city. Last night, at around 3-4am, I woke up by a strong noise and and a weird sensation, i started to hear hollow/muted wind sound - the wind was very strong - and some kind of strange echo, along with strong lightning. I got a very strange feeling that the house was moving along with the wind... weird. As i fully woke up, the moving feeling stopped but the strange sounds continued for a while. I blamed the stupor for the whole deal and went back to sleep. There was a lot of lightning very close to the house and above the general area. And it's not very common to have an electric storm at that hour... well, as far as I can remember.

We talked about it in the morning and a couple of us woke up due to the storm. Then, my girlfriend took a taxi in the afternoon and the storm came up during the conversation, and the taxi driver mentioned strange noises, "echoes" and a weird feeling: "it was almost like paranormal" he said. :P

Luis said:
There was an "strange" storm in this part of the city. Last night, at around 3-4am, I woke up by a strong noise and and a weird sensation, i started to hear hollow/muted wind sound - the wind was very strong - and some kind of strange echo, along with strong lightning. I got a very strange feeling that the house was moving along with the wind... weird. As i fully woke up, the moving feeling stopped but the strange sounds continued for a while. I blamed the stupor for the whole deal and went back to sleep. There was a lot of lightning very close to the house and above the general area. And it's not very common to have an electric storm at that hour... well, as far as I can remember.

We talked about it in the morning and a couple of us woke up due to the storm. Then, my girlfriend took a taxi in the afternoon and the storm came up during the conversation, and the taxi driver mentioned strange noises, "echoes" and a weird feeling: "it was almost like paranormal" he said. :P

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Pity you couldn't record the sounds. Was it something like this?

Keit said:
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Pity you couldn't record the sounds. Was it something like this?

I know! It would have been great to have it recorded. And I'm not sure that it could be considered a hum per se, but if it was something like that, it had a much lower pitch and more continuity. The echo thing was just odd.

Cold and clear in Gostivar, Macedonia this morning. At 8 am it was 6C and the max daily temperature will be up to 13-14C
We must prepare for the winter. Its coming.

Luis said:

What city? Ya'll PULEEEEZE remember to include your general location!!!!

Here in Asuncion, Paraguay, in the middle of South America, the weather continues to be very strange. We are in the final week of September, which is usually hot, and we had some hot days, yet, the temperature went down to 10 °C again today. That's weird!!! And it's making everyone sick because it changes from 30+ °C to 10 °C very fast.

Local meteorologists say it's due to La Niña.

Yas said:
Here in Asuncion, Paraguay, in the middle of South America, the weather continues to be very strange. We are in the final week of September, which is usually hot, and we had some hot days, yet, the temperature went down to 10 °C again today. That's weird!!! And it's making everyone sick because it changes from 30+ °C to 10 °C very fast.

Same here in North/Central Spain. After relentless heat all throughout August and well unto the mid of September (+30 degrees), the temperatures dropped to 8 degrees. After getting exposed to so many infected throats and not resting properly, I got sick with bronchitis. At least I didn't have pus coming down my throat like other people. I upped my iodine, NAC and vitamin C intake. Now I'm recovering nicely. Staying home sick was not bad at all, I managed to get some reading done, watch a couple of interesting documentaries and Trumbo, which was recommended recently on the forum. It was a lovely movie! :)

quote from Keit

Wow! Thanks for the video, sounds like horns to me. Trumpets?

In the Netherlands we enjoy a full blown Indian Summer at the moment with another temperature record reached on Sunday: 23.8 C -- the warmest September 25 ever measured in De Bilt.
It was even warmer elsewhere -- 26.6 C in Maastricht:

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2016/09/sunday-beat-more-weather-records-this-week-will-remain-warm/
http://www.nltimes.nl/2016/09/26/another-warm-weather-record-broken/

Gaby said:
Same here in North/Central Spain. After relentless heat all throughout August and well unto the mid of September (+30 degrees), the temperatures dropped to 8 degrees. After getting exposed to so many infected throats and not resting properly, I got sick with bronchitis. At least I didn't have pus coming down my throat like other people. I upped my iodine, NAC and vitamin C intake. Now I'm recovering nicely. Staying home sick was not bad at all, I managed to get some reading done, watch a couple of interesting documentaries and Trumbo, which was recommended recently on the forum. It was a lovely movie! :)

Yep, the same is in Belarus, Vitebsk area. From the beginning of September, when it was still warm but temperatures were jumping all around, people started to get sick. The thing is, that it wasn't a regular cold with stuffed nose for several days, etc. For some reason it was particularly violent and affected people in various ways, and much more people than usual. People even started talking (albeit half-jokely) about it being a biological warfare, not kidding! :shock:

After holding on for some time, and after couple of particularly upsetting days (emotional disturbance that lowers the resistance is my usual gate of infection), I also got sick and was at home for a week with a subfebrile fever, particularly stubborn sinusitis and bronchitis. The problem is that even if mucus discharge has subsided significantly, now it transformed into a chronic almost dry bronchitis that makes it harder to breath. I do chamomile inhalations and also upped iodine, NAC and vit C uptake, but since it is very cold at home (central heating will kick in only in the middle of October), it is kind of a stalemate at the moment.

Anyways, and speaking of weather, we did have an unusually cold weather for September with a northern wind. Now the situation is supposed to change for higher temps, southern wind, but lots of rain.

South Australia pop 1.712 million, has been left entirely without power due to a severe storm.

South Australia loses power as wild weather lashes state:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-28/south-australia-without-power-live-blog/7885972

"It appears the storm has damaged power infrastructure near Port Augusta and the power network has shut down to "protect itself", the Premier says."

This storm system is making its way across the country, and no doubt will impact areas of Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland already flooded from recent heavy rain fall events.
It's due to hit where I am tonight. Battening down the hatches!

Stay safe MusicMan and the rest of the Oz crew if it's heading your way!

Slowly starting to warm up here in Western Australia, after our coldest winter in almost 20 years.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/perth-on-track-for-coldest-winter-this-century/news-story/2a0c8f4fd4e15884b8d2e41f9f6679bb

We have been experiencing high winds due to the storm which MusicMan talked about in the previous post, but now that has passed, clear skies abound, for now, maximums in the high teens for the rest of the week. :)

Back
Top Bottom