What's the weather where you are?

Arwenn said:
will01 said:
Arwenn said:
Can't imagine what it must be like further inland past the Great Dividing Range!

Well, here on the Northern Tablelands NSW, we are consistently getting temps around 35 - 37C which is quite warm for here. Further west the temps are in the low to mid 40s. It has been quite a long run of this warm weather.

Had quite a few thunderstorms in January. One in particular had constant chain lightning that lit up the whole place. It made lots of noise but not much rain, but was great to watch. Sure could use some rain now to cool things off a bit.

Hey will01, I didn't realise we had a forumite in the Northern Tablelands! Haven't had decent rain in quite a while (rained for 5 minutes last night) here on the Mid-North Coast NSW Australia. Today mercury got to 35 degrees C with 80% humidity. Forecast for the weekend is 44 degrees C. All I can say is :scared:

Hi,

Yes it's going to be a tough weekend. On Saturday 43 degrees C where I live in Sydney. My mantra for 3-4 days is "HOT". Hobart looking good, should be 22 degrees C on Saturday.

Arwenn said:
will01 said:
Arwenn said:
Can't imagine what it must be like further inland past the Great Dividing Range!

Well, here on the Northern Tablelands NSW, we are consistently getting temps around 35 - 37C which is quite warm for here. Further west the temps are in the low to mid 40s. It has been quite a long run of this warm weather.

Had quite a few thunderstorms in January. One in particular had constant chain lightning that lit up the whole place. It made lots of noise but not much rain, but was great to watch. Sure could use some rain now to cool things off a bit.

Hey will01, I didn't realise we had a forumite in the Northern Tablelands! Haven't had decent rain in quite a while (rained for 5 minutes last night) here on the Mid-North Coast NSW Australia. Today mercury got to 35 degrees C with 80% humidity. Forecast for the weekend is 44 degrees C. All I can say is :scared:

Lorraine said:
Arwenn said:
will01 said:
Arwenn said:

Hi,

Yes it's going to be a tough weekend. On Saturday 43 degrees C where I live in Sydney. My mantra for 3-4 days is "HOT". Hobart looking good, should be 22 degrees C on Saturday.

Looks like most of NSW will be sweating it out over the weekend, not looking forward to these temps at all. It could make it to 40C here on the Northern Tablelands.

Stay cool if you can!

crazy stuff, seems you guys in the East have got our "normal" hot summer weather!

It's currently raining here in Perth, was 17.8 degrees yesterday and now it's just clicked over 19 degrees, which is nuts. Apparently yesterday was the coldest Feb day in Perth EVER! and I believe we also had the coldest Jan day last month too.

987baz said:
crazy stuff, seems you guys in the East have got our "normal" hot summer weather!

It's currently raining here in Perth, was 17.8 degrees yesterday and now it's just clicked over 19 degrees, which is nuts. Apparently yesterday was the coldest Feb day in Perth EVER! and I believe we also had the coldest Jan day last month too.
Today it got up to 38C on my verandah, I have not seen heat like this in the Canberra area for years. Looks like more of same tomorrow. Meanwhile my cousin in Otaki, NZ reported today that it was only 20C over there.
She has not had a 'Summer' yet. What with that and all the Earthquakes they have been having, it sure is crazy.

Hey Lorraine :) Not sure which part of Sydney you live in, but near my mum's place in the Hills district, it got to 43 degrees C. Temps here on the mid NSW Coast got to 35 C & very high humidity again. Heat wave for sure on the East Coast, with higher temps forecast for the weekend. We need a sweating emoji.

Back up to 28 tomorrow and high 20's low 30's for the rest of the week, although we can expect thunderstorms until Wednesday. Thunderstorms in Feb in Perth, I've been living here a fair while and I can't remember ever having thunderstorms this time of year.

Musicman, wow 38 for Canberra, that is warm, hope you have air con!

Hope the rest of the east coast crew keep cool, drink plenty of water!!!

Arwenn said:
Hey Lorraine :) Not sure which part of Sydney you live in, but near my mum's place in the Hills district, it got to 43 degrees C. Temps here on the mid NSW Coast got to 35 C & very high humidity again. Heat wave for sure on the East Coast, with higher temps forecast for the weekend. We need a sweating emoji.

Hi Arwenn,
I'm not too far from the Hills district and the temperature did get up to 43 degrees C. Sat next to the air con most of the day. Got to be the best invention ever. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

987baz, low 30s ain't looking too bad to me now :lol:

Stay cool everyone xxx

987baz said:
Back up to 28 tomorrow and high 20's low 30's for the rest of the week, although we can expect thunderstorms until Wednesday. Thunderstorms in Feb in Perth, I've been living here a fair while and I can't remember ever having thunderstorms this time of year.

Musicman, wow 38 for Canberra, that is warm, hope you have air con!

Hope the rest of the east coast crew keep cool, drink plenty of water!!!

Just reporting that the temp on my verandah is now sitting on 40C - giving my aircons a good workout!

Here in the northern Rivers of NSW, OZ we have had 30's all February, today was 40 and tomorrow is to be 41. There's supposed to be a change on Monday down to the mid 20's and for the rest of the week. I'm hanging out for that one. just to be able to function normally. I've no energy for physical work at the moment.

The heat wave along eastern Australia has caused catastrophic fires especially in NSW:

_http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/02/12/worst-day-history-nsw-fires-burn-out-control

Lindenlea, Arwenn, willo1, MusicMan and Fluffy hope you and family are all safe from the fires.

Lorraine

Lorraine said:
The heat wave along eastern Australia has caused catastrophic fires especially in NSW:

_http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/02/12/worst-day-history-nsw-fires-burn-out-control

Lindenlea, Arwenn, willo1, MusicMan and Fluffy hope you and family are all safe from the fires.

Lorraine

No fires here on the Northern tablelands, but the conditions were not as bad as elsewhere in NSW.

We made over 40C on the weekend, but temps are now topping at around 30 - 32C, with a very welcome overnight low of 15 - 16C.

Also had some thunderstorms last night, with more expected over the next few days.

Lorraine said:

Lorraine

Thanks Lorraine -nothing major by way of bushfires near me thankfully, and cooler temps today and yesterday (25 degrees C). Rained heavily for about half an hour yesterday. More rain is needed though- it's so dry, most peoples' lawns around here are just about brown. You can always tell who has bore water :)

will01 said:
Lorraine said:

Lorraine

No fires here on the Northern tablelands, but the conditions were not as bad as elsewhere in NSW.

We made over 40C on the weekend, but temps are now topping at around 30 - 32C, with a very welcome overnight low of 15 - 16C.

Also had some thunderstorms last night, with more expected over the next few days.

Hi willO1 and Arwenn,

Glad you're ok.

Yes the temperatures in Sydney are much better, in the high 20s. Phew!! Due to get to 36 on Friday though and then down in the 20s the next day. It's like a yoyo

S Wisconsin, USA
What a strange Winter so far, even for Wisconsin.

December was on average 10 deg F below average.
January, after first week or so, was 10-15 above average. Went over 2 weeks without sunshine, was consistently foggy because of the frozen ground and above freezing air temps...Very depressing...no snow to play in.

But February takes the cake,... snow gone, ground thawing, temps have been consistently above ave. with the last 6 days being 30 deg F above ave! We have been in record breaking warm trend with one more day of April-like weather to come.

Even Nature is ahead of schedule...
Sandhill cranes have returned 2 weeks earlier than usual.
Have heard the call of the Phoebe birds for a couple weeks already.

Trees starting to bud out. Orchard owners are worried about early budding and possible frost damage, which could cause much lower yields.
Maple syrup harvest is already underway; usually doesn't start until mid-March.

Weather has been great for getting a jump on yard clean up and walking the dog, but concerned about the trees budding too soon. :/

Strange winter as well in the South-West of the Alps : December was like October, January like November and February like April.
Very little snow below 2 000 meters, no snow below 1 500 m (around 4 500 ft).
No real cold, even during the freezing temperatures period (about two weeks long) in France.
Birds, frogs, insects, vegetation, everything is in advance, much too early...

Back
Top Bottom