Session 20 August 2011

anart,

This is your point of view. I have no problem with that. Please believe well, there is no hidden intention, my main (and in a way unique) intention is to better understand the object of the topic, having the opportunity to do via the forum. This is possible that some of my posts are not expressed in the right way, I am able to improve that anyway.
I am interesting by people having a kind of expertise on the discussed subject. I bypass all kind of greeting & sycophantic messages, not useful (my opinion). And I prefer read messages (like yours) posted with direct manner and expression.

anart said:
Francois,

Your manner of discourse comes off as argumentative to me.

Wanted to chime in here. I think François doesn't do it "consciously". I think he's just being French. You can find plenty of such argumentative discussions and manners of talking on French forums - clearly, there's a lot of mental masturbation there. The point is not really to find the truth, but to prove and show that you're the most intelligent/intellectual/well versed talker - and the most stoic too: in France (in some intellectual, well educated circles), it's bad to show emotions during your "debates", since it means you'll lose face. As François points out himself: "I bypass all kind of greeting & sycophantic messages, not useful (my opinion)"

Thanks to the French educational system torture, simple, natural, human expressions of friendliness, sympathy and empathy are deemed as sycophantic. Such a sad state of affairs. No wonder most French end up badly neurotic. It all starts at a very early age :(

Adaryn said:
I think François doesn't do it "consciously". I think he's just being French.

I was born in France. Comment what you say shouId be not decent.

Adaryn said:
Thanks to the French educational system torture, simple, natural, human expressions of friendliness, sympathy and empathy are deemed as sycophantic.

This is what you think, and I respect what you think.

I really believe in natural, human expressions of friendliness, sympathy and empathy.

Adaryn said:
No wonder most French end up badly neurotic.

Comment what you say shouId be not decent.

François said:
Adaryn said:
I think François doesn't do it "consciously". I think he's just being French.

I was born in France.

Just for clarity's sake, Francois, Adaryn is French also. That might change your impression of her input, which is very interesting, actually.

François said:
I bypass all kind of greeting & sycophantic messages, not useful (my opinion).

This is actually insulting. I wonder if you are aware of that, though it seems all too transparent that it is.

And I prefer read messages (like yours) posted with direct manner and expression.

This comes across as sycophantic.

Francois, with all due respect, there's our desire to learn

and then there's talking about our desire to learn.

I think this is not decent (refer to Adaryn's post), so I cannot comment more, I can only add this is always possible to say indecent discourse (on any country), and it never honors the person who says that, the nationality is not important here.

anothermagyar said:
Thank you for the new session Laura and The Team!
What a great session, indeed!
:thup:
[QUOTE author=Laura]People have claimed that they have heard an incoming fireball and in fact heard it and turned around to see it. There is the contradiction: the flash of light from the fireball is travelling much faster than any related sound.
{Remember the flash of light in the one video???}
Unfortunately this video was "removed by user". :(
[/quote]

I was witness of that. When I was child the (90's) , I was with my family at the beach at night, when suddenly we heard like a thunder, and that was what keep us to turn to see the sky and see the meteor! The sound lasted the same that the bright of the meteor while it falling. There was not a delayed sound when finish the shine, it was synchronized!

Mrs. Peel said:
anart said:
I wonder if, since it's ELF, this is what is affecting crowd behavior globally with the increase in civil unrest and riots? Isn't there evidence that ELF waves can affect behavior/mood? Just a thought.

There has been a rash of "flash mob" violence here in the States lately. Just saw another instance of it in a shopping mall on the news last night. All arranged via Social Media (which ultimately runs on ELF waves), i.e, Twitter, Facebook, as the riots in London were...

There is a definite upswing in the states, with a recent situation on sunday that went viral at a recent sporting event at a major league Football game, in San Francisco, with sproradic fighting in the crowd in the stands, due to a rivalry. Senseless brutality over color of a team jersey.

Alcohol is always a factor, and God knows what else is being consumed that ramps up every ones emotion to the point break inducing hate, and anger. Mix in the a dash of some sort electronic warfare, and you have a cocktail of violence that spreads like wild fire. It's if consciousness of ones action's is non existent.

In the stadium and the pretailgate activity's has become one big insane asylum that is out of control. Senseless, animal behavior, beyond comprehension. It becomes clearer eveday, that the states are on the Verge of collapse.

Responsibility is non existent, anything goes.

Beware Following is graphic and very sick,

49ers vs Raiders 8/20/2011 FIGHT Parking Lot Niners and Raider
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRfpwP9ZZsw&feature=related

49ers vs Raiders 8/20/11 FIGHT Niners and Raiders fans fighting CLEANER
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWo6H6GBuOQ&feature=related

Added Article:Violence and lead poisoning in Chicago
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/middle-class-guy/2011/aug/22/lead-poisoning-chicago/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_must-read-stories-today

CHICAGO, August 22, 2011—Over thirty years ago, on a hot humid July day, this writer spent his first day of many years, on the Chicago Police Department in a neighborhood the Wall Street Journal would a year later describe as one of the ten most dangerous in the United States.

Thirty three years later conditions in that area have only changed for the worse. The only difference between Lawndale and a fourth-world country is, Lawndale has indoor plumbing.

They never learn.

The politicians and poverty pimps. In 1978 the Lawndale area of Chicago was a ghetto wasteland. There was no hope or dreams Change was what you found on the street, if you were lucky. The population lived lives of abject poverty and bare bones survival.

It was ruthless and violent.

The old commercial, manufacturing, and industrial areas were nothing more than vast swaths of vacant land and vacant buildings.

Today, 33 years later, they are still vacant and there are plenty more of them. The professional corner hangers are still out. Unemployment is still rampant. The number of unemployed ex-offenders is still high and growing.

Instead of developing all that vacant property and putting it to some industrial or commercial use - any economic use - the great ones let it lay fallow.

Poverty is rampant.

When the only profitable commercial enterprise is illegal drug sales, the violence factor just goes up. Legitimate businesses defend against competition through economic means. Drug dealers use violence.

Gangs, guns, and drugs are the only economic activity creating an equal opportunity in these neglected areas. Who's to blame? Those addle-brained progressives who think they know better and their brainless comrades in Washington.

There is a cure for the violence and crime in these urban jungles: economic development. Build factories, warehouses, assembly plants, and other businesses on all that land. Revitalize what was once a booming commercial and manufacturing area. Give businesses and industry tax and regulatory incentives to locate there.

Create jobs.

But that makes sense. Common sense. It is easier to give people Link cards, welfare, and other entitlements. Hire more useless government workers to oversee programs that help no one. Waste more tax money. Government never helps the poor. It only keeps them in poverty, generation after generation.

In Chicago, the worst offenders are the politicians and political preachers. Danny Davis, Jesse Jackson, Bobby Rush, Jesse Jackson Jr., President Obama (who was an Illinois state Senator and a U.S. Senator). The list can go on. They know who they are. They are guilty of heinous crimes of omission.

They are guilty of keeping generations of people in abject poverty. They are guilty of allowing dope to replace legitimate businesses. They are guilty of every death by murder or overdose. Many have been in office or claiming to be civil rights leaders for three and four decades.

Yet, they've done nothing to break the cycle of poverty. The only people they help are themselves.

“What would it take to improve health here in West Englewood?”

"Well, they got to stop all this shooting and killing first," said a second woman. Her name was Mattie Thomas. (Mary Schmich/Chicago Tribune)

According to the Chicago Clout Center for Disease Control (CCCDC), lead poisoning is the leading cause of death in certain Chicago neighborhoods. Lawndale, Englewood, and Chatham are a few.

In these neighborhoods joggers, trying to stay fit and healthy, are moving targets. Professional corner hangers, with no hope, are targets of opportunity. Business owners and cab drivers are targets of advantage. Small children, pregnant women, and senior citizens are target practice. Parks and playgrounds are shooting galleries.

No one wants to ask questions or criticize these people lest they be called a racist. I’m asking. Call me a racist. I have been called worse names.

It is time for America to wake up to the scams and con artists: the Civil Rights scam, the phony economic development scams, and the biggest scams of all, welfare and entitlement programs.

These elites have waged a war of attrition on poor people, especially African Americans. That’s what the Great Society and its future offspring were: wars on poor people. A famous Black preacher years ago, said “The only way to help the poor was not to join them.” All those politicians, preachers, and poverty pimps took that to heart. Instead of joining the poor or helping the poor, they are the beneficiaries of poverty.

It is time to break this vicious cycle. Pour money into these blighted areas to create businesses, factories, manufactures, warehouses, and jobs. Give people a chance to help themselves.

That is the audacity of hope. It is change you can believe in. Those are the dreams of the younger generation’s fathers.

If not, well we saw what happened in London two weeks ago. We see what is happening in other parts of the world.

Those riots and uprisings were poor people saying enough is enough. They are not going to take it anymore. It could happen here.

With the flash mobs, it will be worse. Much worse.

Peter Bella is a retired Chicago Police Officer, freelance writer, freelance photographer, and consultant. He is a passionate cook and eater. He likes to be the sharp stick that pokes, annoys, and provokes. His opinions are his and his alone. :/

anart said:
Francois,

Your manner of discourse comes off as argumentative to me.

He's actually just being French. Ya gotta read "French Toast" and "The Secret Life of France" to really understand this. He does NOT see it as being obstinate and argumentative. Of course it is, but the education system in France teaches people that this is how to engage in debate and that engaging in debate is GOOD.

After observing for a number of years, discussing with some French people who the programming did not take on, reading those books, etc, I've concluded that a large percentage of French people - usually the more educated ones - have, at the very least, induced personality disorders as a result of the educational system.

You can't help but feel sorry for them, though, because it starts when they are VERY young. It's almost as bad - or as bad - as the gross ignorance that is imposed on people in the U.S. educational system. I don't know which is worse: to be totally ignorant and convinced that it is good, or to be loaded with a zillion useless facts and mental masturbation techniques and to be convinced that this constitutes the well-informed intellectual who can "think." Obviously, neither of them can think at all.

Francois, this is not about country, but a culture of a country that may lead to (if not transgressed) specific culture of a statement/discussion. Why do you write so many posts about nothing? It wastes our time to read important things. Please see, that too much noise is annoying also. To try to transgress one's culture is very educative and results in much humility. Love you, don't get resentful.

François said:
I think this is not decent (refer to Adaryn's post), so I cannot comment more, I can only add this is always possible to say indecent discourse (on any country), and it never honors the person who says that, the nationality is not important here.

Francois, the nationality is very important. Please read the books I referenced above to get a better idea of how others perceive the French. Certainly, every nationality has characteristics that are irritating to someone else, but the Americans and the French are neck and neck in the race for obnoxiousness.

Osher,

I like what you write. And so I will no more post messages which make noise as you say.

And I just add because I see you are living in Poland and because I have a very strong personal link with your country I appreciate more you took time writing this.

François, there is nothing "indecent" in what Adaryn wrote. It has actually been noted by many other people from all over the world, including some French. The are books written on the subject. Other things have been found out about every single culture. It is not a judgment, it is the objective reality when seen through many eyes, through facts and data, as you were discussing before.

Adaryn was actually defending you, because she was explaining that your argumentative and stubborn posts were just mechanical, learned. But you prefer to argue first, and not look at the truth of what is being said. You have been doing that in almost every post since you joined the forum. And it's OK!!! As long as you are willing to see it for what it is, and become yourself instead of remaining "a mechanical French". This is not meant to be an insult. Everybody is a "mechanical [insert nationality]" until he or she decides to change. Nationality forges us, with both the bad and the good traits of a population.

Since you happen to be French, and express yourself "like the stereotypical French", you got feedback about how mechanically you have been taught to behave. If you had been American, Italian, whatever, you would also have been pointed out the same thing about your culture.

That's all there is to it. But, being French (and that is common for many cultures), your education has probably always made you believe that you were unique. Well, you aren't. I've heard many people who talk and write exactly like you, and I've lived in France for 12 years.

Laura said:
the Americans and the French are neck and neck in the race for obnoxiousness

Right (I can say no more... just right)

I need to care more about.
Some of my closed friends are American.

Back
Top Bottom