Top 5 / Worst 5 foods?

foofighter

Jedi Council Member
Hi guys!

Me and Starlight are preparing to set up a retreat focusing on stress relief in a holistic sense. We want to cover diet, the breathing (although we can't call it EE or even "pipe-breathing" for legal reasons), and self-hypnosis. For the diet part, we want to serve good food and also explain to the participants some of the main things to avoid, and some of the key things to include in ones diet.

So, if you had to choose the "top 5" and the "worst 5", what would it be? Here are my thoughts so far:
Top:
1) Buckwheat
2) Lean meat
3) Coconut oil
4) Garlic
5) Turmeric

Worst:
1) Wheat
2) Dairy
3) MSG
4) Aspartame
5) Vegetable oil

What would YOU put in there? Thanks!

Just curious, for your top five list, did you choose buckwheat in order to not overwhelm them too much or possibly provide variety or some other reason? Also, why not fatty meat instead of lean - for the same reasons? I would definitely include bone broth and organ meats in that list. For what it's worth.

My personal top 5 for the knowledge I've gather so far would be:

1- Pork meat
2- Ghee
3- Duck meat and Fat
4- Verbena and Turmeric :) and rosemary LOL :D
5- Buckwheat

And the worst would be:

1- Wheat
2- Vegetable Oil
3- Dairy
4- Soy
5- Raw veggies

Hi truth seeker,

truth seeker said:
Just curious, for your top five list, did you choose buckwheat in order to not overwhelm them too much or possibly provide variety or some other reason? Also, why not fatty meat instead of lean - for the same reasons? I would definitely include bone broth and organ meats in that list. For what it's worth.

This is going to be our trial group and you are right, it's more that we don't want to overwhelm and shock them. As it is, I think including milk and dairy products to be the top 5 worst food will be quite controversial considering the "conventional view" that milk is good :scared: ...

Thank you for your suggestion to include bone broth and organ meats as that is something that is consumed regularly here.

Thanks EGVG for your suggestion... sad to say we can't include Pork meat for religious reasons and sensitivity. :(
I think we will gather all the suggestions and do a small poll with them!

Wish us luck! FWIW, this is one of our little steps in creating awareness and to reach out to more people!

Hi Starlight,
I understand your reluctance in shocking them too much, I think that it is wise to be strategical. With that said, maybe there is a way to get around which foods to present as the best so that you don't have to include buckwheat nor lean meat. Let's say, you talk about gluten in the case of wheat, and perhaps a few other gluten containing grains, but omit non gluten containing ones unless, that is, you notice a positive response. On the other hand if someone asks you what to use instead of wheat or gluten containing grains, perhaps you can then mention buckwheat as most people will not be ready to simply give up on grains like that, but without necessarily including it in the top 5 list.

If organ meat and bone broth are consumed you could, as suggested by truth seeker, include it since its nutritional content is so high. Also, what is the general view where you are on fatty meats? In my home country organ meat and fatty meat go hand in hand, they are both widely consumed, so if this isn't a taboo, which I'm guessing it isn't since there is also consumption of organ meat and bone broth, I would definitely replace lean with fatty meat. Since vegetable oil is on your worst 5 foods to avoid, including fatty meat and animal fat as some of the best foods may help to provide a more comprehensive explanation as to why vegetable oils are bad, and what to substitute them with.

Just my thoughts.

Starlight said:
Hi truth seeker,

truth seeker said:

This is going to be our trail group and you are right, it's more that we don't want to overwhelm and shock them. As it is, I think including milk and dairy products to be the top 5 worst food will be quite controversial considering the "conventional view" that milk is good :scared: ...

[...]

Wish us luck! FWIW, this is one of our little steps in creating awareness and to reach out to more people!

What is the aim of the retreat?

Its sounds as if maybe you're not prepared in terms of background reading to be teaching anything along dietary lines. If you had the data, i.e. knew the truth about the importance of saturated fats in the dietfor example, surely there wouldn't be the need to water it down? The truth is the truth, if you're advocating 'lean meat' thats not exactly 'spreading awareness'.

To the bad list I'd add sugars, most especially refined sugars. Its the havoc caused by high insulin production provoked by the standard western diet that causes so many problems. So that, juices, high sugar fruits should be on the there too I think.

If you're going to do it, it might be better to get up to scratch on the reading and go the 'whole hog' - pardon the tasty pun. :)

I agree with Gertrudes and Alada. The current books will help you to understand how the foods we mentioned are so beneficial to health. By trying to taylor the information to make it easier on them, you're doing what the mainstream does which is misleading and supportive of their illusions.

In general, I'd broaden out the categories as suggested above and then fill them in on the specifics. Some examples might be top 5 foods the diet industry doesn't want you to know about: saturated fats - then go into ghee, tallow, lard, etc. Fatty meats and organs - then go into bacon, liver, kidneys, etc. Bone broth - then go into marrow, joints, tendons, etc. Each time explaining exactly how these foods benefit the body and brain.

For the top five foods the diet industry doesn't want you to know about: Gluten - all wheat and rice products. Casein - all dairy products with the possible exception of grass fed butter for some. Some examples: Unsaturated fats - vegetable oils, etc. All sources of sugar as Alada mentioned. GMO foods such as corn. Soy and all variations of it.

You can also go into fiber and its effects on the body and why cholesterol is really important for us as well as fod additives and how important it is to read labels.

The importance of filtered/distilled/reverse osmosis water.

You may want to start out or include at some point how we have strayed away from knowing where our food comes from and how important it is to eat pastured meats as a source of protein and how eating this way is more beneficial to the earth as well as more cost effective not just in the present (by having to buy less foods) but in the long run (paying the farmer instead of the doctor).

As if they have any ailments or give examples of how things you used to suffer from have now lessened or gone away completely. This can make them more inclined to at least try the diet.

Not sure how long this retreat is supposed to be but if you have time perhaps you can make one or two simple recipes with them that can be made easily at home. Recipe cards might be a good way to go as well. Examples for foods you're serving: bone broth (if it's a little cooler where you are, something warming would be more than welcome. A nice fatty meat dish such as a pork roast with green beans on the side (it will also look more like a meal to them) If it's closer to the morning: bacon and eggs. Keep plenty of bottled water
around.

You can also have handouts of articles further explaining benefits along with the diseases the foods on the bad list can cause. Also a reading list - people like free stuff. :)

If you can get up to speed on the reading so that you can help them understand how the current foods they're ingesting are harming them, this can be a great retreat - one they can't find anywhere else.

Sorry if I overwhelmed you with these suggestions but it's vitally important for people to really know the truth about what's going on with the food supply.

Alada said:
What is the aim of the retreat?
It's basically a 3D2N stress relief retreat, with the focus being on a self-hypnosis system that we have found to work pretty well. With that as the base we then thought we could add the breathing and healthy food (we have to eat something anyway). So the focus is not food, at all, and we might not even do any seminars on it, just eat it with some discussion around it. So, we can't go too overboard with it. Like Starlight said, we also have to consider the immense brainwashing with regard to food that is in effect here. If we go too far it will just backlash, which serves no purpose.

Its sounds as if maybe you're not prepared in terms of background reading to be teaching anything along dietary lines. If you had the data, i.e. knew the truth about the importance of saturated fats in the dietfor example, surely there wouldn't be the need to water it down? The truth is the truth, if you're advocating 'lean meat' thats not exactly 'spreading awareness'.
I have not kept up to speed on all the latest diet discussions, and I was under the impression that lean meats are ok (search engine results looked positive, but maybe I'm searching wrong). Going into the whole fat issue will most likely be out-of-scope, but we'll see how much we can fit in.

To the bad list I'd add sugars, most especially refined sugars. Its the havoc caused by high insulin production provoked by the standard western diet that causes so many problems. So that, juices, high sugar fruits should be on the there too I think.
Yeah, there's a lot of teh tarik (tea with LOTS of condensed milk) being consumed here, which is insanely sweet. With juices, does this include things like water melon? Are there any types of juices that would work (carrot, strawberry, apple, etc.)?

If you're going to do it, it might be better to get up to scratch on the reading and go the 'whole hog' - pardon the tasty pun. :)
Ok, so in that case, what would you say are the Top 5 books on food, with the current state of understanding?

Thanks!!

foofighter said:
Me and Starlight are preparing to set up a retreat focusing on stress relief in a holistic sense. We want to cover diet, the breathing (although we can't call it EE or even "pipe-breathing" for legal reasons), and self-hypnosis.

What do you mean by "the breathing", all the program, parts of it combined with others, what? The POTS is also copyrighted, by the way.

I think you are not thinking straight and are jumping into this without enough knowledge, but I hope you can prove me wrong. Teaching EE (whether you call it that or not) is not to be taken lightly. Without the proper training you are up for disappointments, and you could put some people in danger.

How long have you been doing the program for? What are the benefits that you have noticed in your life? If you had been sharing more about it on the forum, that would be one thing, but since that isn't the case as far as I know, I would really try to discourage from teaching "the breathing". We don't wish our program to have anything to do with training that hasn't been approved.

Practicing the program in group is totally different from practicing at home with your wife. So seriously, do you really want to do it? I would NOT recommend your retreat to anybody if I knew that that's what you are doing.

Obviously, I don't think you are doing this with "evil intentions", or else you wouldn't have brought it up here. But rather, with lots of ignorance, which can be more dangerous. The fact that you are seriously thinking of doing this retreat shows to me that you have no business doing it!

Your diet plan, from what you posted, sounds so poor and lacking in scientific background that I would not recommend either that you even think of teaching about diet! Obviously, from your list, you are not on a really good diet yourselves. So what can you possibly teach to others?

Starlight said:
This is going to be our trial group and you are right, it's more that we don't want to overwhelm and shock them. As it is, I think including milk and dairy products to be the top 5 worst food will be quite controversial considering the "conventional view" that milk is good :scared: ...

Thank you for your suggestion to include bone broth and organ meats as that is something that is consumed regularly here.

Thanks EGVG for your suggestion... sad to say we can't include Pork meat for religious reasons and sensitivity. :(
I think we will gather all the suggestions and do a small poll with them!

From that post, it seems that your goal is far from making "little steps in creating awareness", but rather, that your intention is to feed people's illusions and lies to the self, with a lot of self-calming (maybe making money too, dunno). Oh yes, that would sell and "work well", but I cannot fathom why you would even think that this approach is in the slightest colinear with our work here. It would only feed your ego.

I hope you think about it. I cannot wish you luck, but rather insist on you taking time to really think about your intentions, and about other people's wellbeing. If you don't, then I hope that your students don't get too hurt by this "retreat".

It is a different thing to give a talk about psychopathy, In Sheeps Clothing, etc. In retreats like the one you are planning, you have a HUGE responsibility towards others. They will be in a vulnerable and very susceptible state. And you think you can just go ahead and "create awareness" with this load of nonsense?

foofighter said:
Yeah, there's a lot of teh tarik (tea with LOTS of condensed milk) being consumed here, which is insanely sweet. With juices, does this include things like water melon? Are there any types of juices that would work (carrot, strawberry, apple, etc.)?

This question is another example of how clueless you are, and of how much you need to read AND apply before. It is extremely irresponsible to even think of teaching this kind of thing.

Besides, you are asking for easy "tips", a list, without taking the time to learn. You are making other members do the job for you. It doesn't work like that here, and you should know it.

Ailén's completely right and I apologize for encouraging you with this - I was under the impression that you were more knowledgeable due to the psychopathy talk.

Ailén said:
What do you mean by "the breathing", all the program, parts of it combined with others, what? The POTS is also copyrighted, by the way.
I mean't the pipe-breathing, only. When I mentioned "legal reasons" it was primarily that if it is perceived as promoting paleo-christianity, which falls under "proselytising", any muslims coming to the retreat might get into trouble in this country. Hence we cannot even mention EE, or even pipe-breathing as it is associated with EE. The idea was to do what little we could, the circumstances being what they are.

But if it is so wrong to include any of this, we'll skip the pipe-breathing and the food, and just stick to what Starlight is certified in (i.e. self-hypnosis) and use the food from the hotel. I hope this clarifies things. Thank you very much.

foofighter said:
Ailén said:
I mean't the pipe-breathing, only. When I mentioned "legal reasons" it was primarily that if it is perceived as promoting paleo-christianity, which falls under "proselytising", any muslims coming to the retreat might get into trouble in this country. Hence we cannot even mention EE, or even pipe-breathing as it is associated with EE. The idea was to do what little we could, the circumstances being what they are.

But if it is so wrong to include any of this, we'll skip the pipe-breathing and the food, and just stick to what Starlight is certified in (i.e. self-hypnosis) and use the food from the hotel. I hope this clarifies things. Thank you very much.

Unreal, foofighter. Your narcissism really knows no bounds, does it?

You honestly think, with your state of being, that you are in a position to set up a retreat and help others? This is how you see yourself? I can't recall seeing a larger break with reality concerning a person's self-image and their self. I think that, before harming others by leading them astray, you need to stop, take real stock of yourself and your life and your situation (this includes you starlight) in order to realize the utter and complete lie you are telling yourself. Of course, if you were capable of doing that, you'd not be where you are right now, would you? So - are you capable of doing that?

Have you learned anything - anything at all - during your time of reading these pages from a distance, assuming only what you like applies to you?

At the very least, foofighter, it comes down to 'do no harm' - do you realize what that really means?

foofighter said:

Do that, please.

Also notice: I practiced hypnotherapy for 25 years. I quit back in 2002 because after all those years, I realized that it really doesn't work. It's like putting a band-aid on a severed artery. I also realized that you can open doors of perception that should never be opened and you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Proceed at your own risk.

foofighter said:

You have to be kidding. If that's the only consideration, and you haven't thought about any other dangers or disservice to others, then I'm really flabbergasted and your humungous ego.

But if it is so wrong to include any of this, we'll skip the pipe-breathing and the food, and just stick to what Starlight is certified in (i.e. self-hypnosis) and use the food from the hotel. I hope this clarifies things.

It sure does, but not in the way you might be thinking. Hopefully it will clarify things for others reading this thread too.

While you are at it, maybe the only good self-hypnosis you can suggest for people to use is "Don't believe a world of what you are being told in this retreat". Some might come out of it unharmed if they are lucky.

Back
Top Bottom