Barcelona Conference: Reading

Hesper

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Here's a list of the books Laura and Ark referenced during their presentations. I thought they all sounded great, so I thought I'd share them here so that people can check them out if they're interested.

Ark's Lecture:

C.H. Hinton: Scientific Romances
Burkhard-Heim: Men and the World (may not be in print)
Leonard G. Cramp: Space, Gravity, and the Flying Saucer
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin: The Phenomenon of Man

Laura's Lecture:

Sir Alister Hardy - The Living Stream
Bryant Schiller - The 5th Option
Tom Stonier - Information and the Internal Structure of the Universe

Also, several members were wondering why Ark expressed disappointment with Gurdjieff during the Q and A portion of the conference. I think there are already discussions concerning that on the forum, but I can't find them. However, the books concerning Gurdjieff's shadow are:

Joyce Collin-Smith: Call No Man Master
James Webb: The Harmonious Circle: The Lives and Work of G. I. Gurdjieff, P.D. Ouspensky, and Their Followers

Hopefully others can add any that I left out. Also, since some of these books seem to be very difficult to get or are just plain expensive, I am getting the cheapest copies of Stonier, Chardin, and Webb's books asap. Would it be possible to lend these to those who can't afford or find copies but want to read them anyways? Has anything like that worked out in the past?

edit: correction

Thanks for that Hesper. I have 2 books to add, one from Ark's conference:

"Messengers of Deception" by Jacques Vallee

And the other from Laura's:

"The cycle of cosmic catastrophes" by Richard Firestone, Allen West and Simon Warwick-Smith.

I think that the book from Buckhard Heim may only be available in german, at least on amazon.

Thanks for that list Hesper, really cool.

To add to it: Laura also mentioned the book Primal Body, Primal Mind.

Hesper said:
Would it be possible to lend these to those who can't afford or find copies but want to read them anyways? Has anything like that worked out in the past?

I think it has, called the cass library or something, but it has been discontinued. Could be that something like that exists in the FOTCM though...

Hesper said:
Here's a list of the books Laura and Ark referenced during their presentations. (...) Would it be possible to lend these to those who can't afford or find copies but want to read them anyways? Has anything like that worked out in the past?
Hesper,
talking about magnetic monopoles, Ark also mentionned the Austrian physicist Felix Ehrenhaft.
He wrote many articles, most of which seem to be translated in english, and an unpublished book.
Ark said that Edward Leedskalnin was probably inspired by Felix Ehrenhaft for the construction of Coral Castle.

As for What is life by Erwin Schrödinger, it is here in Pdf: http://whatislife.stanford.edu/LoCo_files/What-is-Life.pdf

Danse la vie,
dancing even more happily since meeting you all in Barcelona

Danse la vie said:
Hesper said:
Here's a list of the books Laura and Ark referenced during their presentations. (...) Would it be possible to lend these to those who can't afford or find copies but want to read them anyways? Has anything like that worked out in the past?
Hesper,
talking about magnetic monopoles, Ark also mentionned the Austrian physicist Felix Ehrenhaft.
He wrote many articles, most of which seem to be translated in english, and an unpublished book.
Ark said that Edward Leedskalnin was probably inspired by Felix Ehrenhaft for the construction of Coral Castle.

As for What is life by Erwin Schrödinger, it is here in Pdf: http://whatislife.stanford.edu/LoCo_files/What-is-Life.pdf

Danse la vie,
dancing even more happily since meeting you all in Barcelona

The link for What is Life doesn't load for some reason -- just a blank PDF page comes up. Does anyone else have the same problem?

SeekinTruth said:
The link for What is Life doesn't load for some reason -- just a blank PDF page comes up. Does anyone else have the same problem?
It works for me.

Works for me. Perhaps try to to refresh the page
a couple of times until it "kicks in"? Some web
browsers have trouble getting adobe reader launched,
depending on the version of adobe reader... perhaps
make sure you have the latest adobe reader.

Thanks for the book information everyone. The books addressing Gurdjieff's not so admirable actions would be an interesting read. For such an advanced individual, it is hard to understand him e.g. fathering several children, and then abandoning them.

Working Here to and although it may be of topic..THE PRESENT SITUATION IN QUANTUM MECHANICS:A TRANSLATION OF SCHRÖDINGER'S "CAT PARADOX PAPER" may be intresting reading in some respects to.

http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/it/QM/cat.html

Danse la vie said:
Hesper,

Thank you, I was wondering who that physicist was. Here's a website with various articles written by/about him.

_http://www.rexresearch.com/ehrenhaf/ehrenhaf.htm#1

If his work led to the construction of Coral Castle then it's definitely worth a deeper look into. Too bad I'm a lightweight when it comes to mathematics, but I'm definitely willing to put in the effort to learn more. One step at a time :)

a movie also

Laura as also mentioned a movie : the bad seed (by Mervyn LeRoy).
I have watch it yesterday. They all seems to takes vitamins before go to sleep in that 1956's movie...

Back
Top Bottom