Cryogenic Chamber Therapy / Cold Adaptation

Re: Cryogenic Chamber Therapy

Incognito said:
anart said:
Incognito said:
I may be interested in investing in something like this in the US, east coast. I've just requested a franchise plan from USCryotherapy to gather more information. Will report back with information when I hear back from them. I haven't seen anything yet about leasing the equipment.

I think UScryotherapy are the people who do the big rooms. You might want to check with - http://lifeofmillennium.com/ - the people who sell the individual units, which, to my understanding are more effective and more energy/space/cost efficient. Also, you may want to check in with Ennio since he is also looking into the possibilities for an east coast location.

Thanks for the info on USCryotherapy, I was just looking at the Millennium Ice website and have already left them a message. I'll contact Ennio and see what he's found out and if he's interested in any type of help.

Well I spoke with I believe Aleksandr Matorin of the millennium company. Apparently he will be in Vancouver in two days, so I setup a meeting with him so I can get more info about the products and perhaps see the ones he is setting up in Vancouver.

He mentioned they have sold several in Vancouver and are working to get one in Toronto. I'm really starting to think of opening one in Toronto instead of Vancouver.

I also contacted their business development manager and I'm waiting on the business plan info.

Do contact Ennio. I believe he's already done some legwork and can give you some pointers about what he has learned.

Incognito said:
I may be interested in investing in something like this in the US, east coast. I've just requested a franchise plan from USCryotherapy to gather more information. Will report back with information when I hear back from them. I haven't seen anything yet about leasing the equipment.

I'd also be interested in possibly investing in something like this on the US, east coast. I'll pay attention to the thread and do some research myself.

Laura said:
Do contact Ennio. I believe he's already done some legwork and can give you some pointers about what he has learned.

I've sent him an email and just spoke with a salesperson there who explained the price and training. It seems doable to me so far.

Bear said:
Incognito said:

I'd also be interested in possibly investing in something like this on the US, east coast. I'll pay attention to the thread and do some research myself.
I too have the same thoughts since I started paying attention to this thread. After 3 years I started the cold baths again today . Strange sense of calmness and energy, sort of confidence. of course Long way to go though.

Megan said:
If I were in better condition (or were more desperate) I would try out USCryotherapy, since it is located 15 miles from my house! It's just a short trip up I80. As it is, though, I have quite a bit of research to do first, and the first phase of my research is to watch what happens when other people try it. :)

I've been thinking something similar - it is a little more than 100 miles from me, and so affordable that it is definitely available an option to try out once as a personal experiment.

The initial results posted by others here and elsewhere sound very promising, but as I still have much immediate work to do with diet and the Work and life in general as it is, I don't feel the need to rush off and try this. On the other hand, I do like to take the occasional spontaneous adventure, so maybe one day I will just go decide to go there overnight and try it out 2 or 3 times. Wouldn't surprise me too much. :)

I don't think I'm contra-indicted so far as I've read, and have no reason to think I'd react negatively. I've done cold and hot/cold showers more than once before after reading something many years ago (I can't remember where now) about it helping the body to detox in general. I remember feeling similar to many of the reports here, but they were unquestionably invigorating.

Heck, a few years ago it was -40F at night regularly where I was living, so why not take it to the next level and see what happens?

Incognito said:
Laura said:

I've sent him an email and just spoke with a salesperson there who explained the price and training. It seems doable to me so far.

I've also got a contact the other day for a company that sells the cryo chambers in Europe, if anybody is interested in investing here. This is the company: _http://www.cryotechno.com, but one of the sales representatives gave us his card.

We are still here, and going on our 18th session.

An update about this old lady with fibromyalgia whom Psyche mentioned: We met her again today, and after out talk, she and her husband started doing research, and have stopped all dairy and gluten since. She's already seeing the benefits! She really wants to try going Paleo. So, that's good! The cryo seems to be helping her too. :D It's at this kind of places where you find people who are so desperate, and SO fed up with the official treatments, that they are actually receptive and eager to do research, change, and heal. It's really sad that one has to get so bad before trying, but I can't really blame them. They have literally tried everything, but always based on French research, which is terribly backwards, and they are on their own. I promised I'd send them a lot of links, and we'll hopefully keep in touch, and see how it goes. That poor lady is suffering so much! 10 years of eating "healthy", doing food combining, and it's been 10 years that she has suffered from fibromyalgia (they never made the connection, because doctors told her it was fine!). And doctors just ignore her. You've got to be brave (or desperate) to try cryotherapy at 70 y.o.!

Anyway, as to us, I can say that doing more than 10 sessions made a bigger difference, in our skin, our mood, our blood circulation, bone aches, and our energy levels in general, although it's still pretty tiresome. The effects are not what you'd call "miraculous", but they are there.

It's interesting to see how some people adapt to cold much faster than others. Atreides and his sisters don't even feel cold in the chamber anymore, while I'm freezing from the start to the end! Their legs are about 10-15 degrees Celsius when they get out. Mine have started to adapt much better, and now it shifts from 5 to 11. No negative temperatures anymore!

I had some more burns, and had to wear thin stockings and socks. That did it, and I haven't had any problems since. All the others are wearing socks now as well.

Atreides is feeling much less tired, and his problems seem to be receding a bit. His skin looks better too. We'll see! In any case, there are no negative effects at all!

My vasculitis looks the same, but only when I'm not in there. While I'm cold, all the visible signs disappear. And later, I feel the blood really pumping. So it must be doing something!

We got a good discount, luckily, like Psyche explained. The place is close to the sea, so we have been doubly brave and went swimming twice! The water is about 10-12 degrees. Again, for them, it's all fine after 5 minutes, but I shiver for an hour before managing to get warm. It gets better every day, though! Compared to the cryo, it's a really different experience. In the chamber, the shock is bigger, but one recovers faster. The pores close up. Under water, your pores remain open (supposedly), and the shock is not as strong, but longer lasting. We'll keep experimenting. And yes, you definitely need something watching you while you do the cold water bath... even in the sea, moving an swimming, my feet go SO cold that I couldn't move my toes for about 10 minutes after I got out. Not kidding!

Concerning tiredness, I think that perhaps some comes from detox, but mainly from the shock your body receives. For a while (the shivering part), it seems like the body has a strong sympathetic reaction, relaxing only after the temperature has gone back to normal.

Oh, and supposedly, one burns approximately 1500 calories in 3 minutes of cryo. No wonder we are all starving each time we get out! ;)

So, that's the gist of it! Cold is gooood! :D

I've done another cold bath today it was kind of interesting to see how fast the heat exchange is happening.
the cold water warmed up pretty quickly (or at least it felt like it) and I had to counteract it by adding constantly more cold water and realising the warmed up water.

since I'm alone at my apartment I decided to make those cold showers and baths in the bathroom of my grandparents upstairs from now on for safety reasons. I've told my grandmother to look after me after 15 minutes.

Ailén said:
On this site, there are a few more papers on Cryotherapy: http://www.cryotechno.com/recherches-et-etudes

The three at the bottom are in English. The other ones in French, for whoever is interested.

There is also some interesting evaluation studies on people (before and after experimenting) with CRYO in this PDF.

_http://lifeofmillennium.com/pdf/Cryo_ACT_Studies_001.pdf

Bo said:
There is also some interesting evaluation studies on people (before and after experimenting) with CRYO in this PDF.

Somebody else read it and tell me how many treatments were given because I can't find that piece of info.

Laura said:
Bo said:

Somebody else read it and tell me how many treatments were given because I can't find that piece of info.

it says 10 treatments.

89 of our patients underwent whole-body cryotherapy for ten times. Prior to treatment and after
10 minutes of application, patients were interviewed and examined, and laboratory diagnosis
was established. 42 patients suffered from fibromyalgia, 47 from an inflammatory rheumatic
disorder (38 from a rheumatoid arthritis, 9 from Bechterew’s disease). Patients with rheumatic
arthritis and fibromyalgia met the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) criteria for the
classification and diagnosis of fibromyalgia and rheumatic arthritis. Patients with Bechterew’s
disease were diagnosed according to the modified New York criteria.

in general they say:

Although the blood sedimentation rate had not been significantly affected, a decrease in Creactive
protein could be observed in almost all patients (refer to Fig. 6). This success was
especially obvious in patients who were having an acute attack of the disease.

In general it can be stated that in 25% of patients treated for a diffuse fibromyalgia, pain was
alleviated following systemic whole-body cold therapy. If the therapy was successful, significant
pain reduction or freedom from pain occasionally occurred for several hours. After termination of
the treatment, patients reported that they could deal with pain better than before the therapy.
Patients with Bechterew’s disease who benefited from whole-body cold therapy or, besides pain
relief, had observed an enhanced overall musculoskeletal movement also improved emotionally
by developing the awareness that the found therapy allowed them to cope with their disease
without the risk of side effects.

The positive effect of whole-body cold therapy on morning stiffness, proportion of swollen joints,
C-reactive protein and visual pain score in rheumatic arthritis proved this therapy form to be a
successful treatment against acute attack symptoms or at the beginning of a disease.
In summary, it can be ascertained that whole-body cold therapy is a causal and reasonable
supplement of the therapy spectrum to combat fibromyalgia, Bechterew’s disease and rheumatic
arthritis. Due to the fast subjective and objective onset of the therapy effect especially for severe
pain symptoms it is necessary to consider use of this treatment. Cold chamber therapy not only
alleviates pain but also reduces medication and thus possible side effects. It has not yet been
studied what exactly happens when the body is exposed to cold temperatures. There may be
interferences caused by temperature-dependent biochemical reactions which occur during pain
perception.

More investigations are planned to be carried out at our hospital to obtain precise information
and to determine parameters which allow us to predict the success of whole-body cold therapy
even before start of the therapy. In addition, we will investigate if there are further indications
(such as further pain syndromes of the musculoskeletal system) which may be treated with
whole-body therapy.

EDIT:

found some more study results on patients(before and after) if you change the 001 from the end of this link to 002 _http://lifeofmillennium.com/pdf/Cryo_ACT_Studies_002.pdf you get a whole list of studies done ranging from;

showing improvements in mental state, improvements in patients dealing with tinnitus(even complete elimination of tinnutis in 4 patients from a total of 80 patients - Treatments: 10 procedures in two cycles with the weekend break.) there is a lot more, can't look through them now but can check tomorrow.

I think getting a cyrotherapy business up and running is doable too! Right now I am almost done getting most of the information needed to get things moving with Milleniumice. A number of things have to be in place though for this kind of business to be viable though, and I am working on distilling the information down to a couple of pages that I send to those who are interested. Then after we know what's really involved, from all (or most) angles, we'll be able to see better who can do what and where and maybe pool our resources where we can.

What has helped immeasurably is speaking with the owner of one cryotherapy business who Anart put me in touch with. So we will be learning from this business lady's successes and her advice will be followed. I spoke to her today and it seems like she's pretty savvy, so I don't think we'll be reinventing the wheel too much. At the same time, we may have some ideas of our own that we can add to the mix - cryotherapy may be another good entryway for disseminating knowledge of other subjects as Ailén has recently mentioned...

Incognito, I didn't receive your email, but I'll send you the summary once its done. Thanks.

Thanks for posting all the additional info and updates! It's really great to hear the developments in health from these experiments, the dissemination of other diet and health info, and the cryotherapy business prospects. All have many exciting possibilities. :)

Back
Top Bottom