Victoria ,Australia

ctw5000

Padawan Learner
Hello all,
I'm going to be visiting the southern area of Australia for the month of April.
Unfortunatley I will be working 6 days a week 12 hours a day , but I was curious if any forum members are from Victoria and could give some information about the area ? Maybe some cool places to visit ? I have been to Australia for work before but not this area. I can't wait to do the 12 hour flight again :cry:
Thank you very much!!

ctw5000 said:
Hello all,
I'm going to be visiting the southern area of Australia for the month of April.
Unfortunatley I will be working 6 days a week 12 hours a day , but I was curious if any forum members are from Victoria and could give some information about the area ? Maybe some cool places to visit ? I have been to Australia for work before but not this area. I can't wait to do the 12 hour flight again :cry:
Thank you very much!!

It depends if you have a car for example and where you are at. I was many years back there and one of the main attractions, I'm aware of, are the twelve apostels and and the great ocean road for example, also when the twelve apostels can be pretty crowded. Brighton beach in Melbourne with the fancy colorful beach houses, Philipp Islands, Melbourne itself, if you like to visit a big city… These are things I can remember and other travelers spoke well of. And when I remember it correctly autumn has now begun is Australia, it is not that cold as for example in Europe, but just a matter of fact that the season is changing.

I realise you've well and truly come and gone, but for any others who are coming down under for a visit, I have a few great recommendations! I'm from Geelong, Victoria.. an hour out of Melbourne :)

These are all relatively rural and would require a car:
- The You Yangs - great little hike.
- The Otways - get lost in the beautiful nature, I like to camp down there. Most recently I went for a weekend away at a place called Pennyroyal Farm, it was just gorgeous with a bunch of Alpacas roaming around.
- Staws Lane - Macedon. Here you will find an anti gravity hill. Put your car in neutral and roll on up the hill - it's simply brilliant! You can also visit Hanging Rock for a bit of an eerie experience.
- Daylesford - a lovely little town with an abundance of beauty. Fair warning though, there are some strange folk around with really weird vibes (I think many consider themselves witches)

A few stunning places to visit closer to Melbourne:
- Dandenong Ranges
- Sorento

There are so many more places around Victoria that are simply stunning, but the above are a great starting point!

I also HIGHLY recommend checking out Tasmania if you're down here. It is simply gorgeous. Tassy is all about their local produce (so many options for keto as well!) heritage buildings and history galore.

Back
Top Bottom