Back to Bali

KTC

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
It will be our second trip this year, and we will probably and hop over again in October. We are now at a point where we have the freedom to go to Indonesia for a month at a time. The plan is to take of 4 times a year.
When I am 'home' I am always in 2 minds about going back to Bali. Earthquakes, Tsunami warnings, volcanoes, lack of services if anything does happen... sounds like the last place we should be going right?
But then the minute we get through the airport and out into the street, all that fear and worry just dissipates. This is where I belong. Leaving the worrying and the fear mongering, the expectations and the blindness behind me. Taking with me the 2 loves of my life (my husband and our son) and staying in simple accommodation, away from the mainland, moulding into a small community where my son never asks for anything because its all right there.
And then, all too soon we return home to our jobs, to a house that is filled with stuff we just don't need.. where did we get all these toys?.. And this furniture, half of which we never use. Its almost overwhelming to come back to. Our other life... the one society expects of us... certainly not where we belong.
My husband and I have spent many years working seasonally and travelling, living abroad. For the past 3 years we have become some what permanent, since having our son and succumbing to the expectations we have allowed to consume us. It was our own fault. We let it happen. But now we are finally taking off the shackles and returning to our adventurous, simple ways... with baby in tow.

How lucky you are to travel. I wish you a nice trip. It is fantastic to be able to go where priorities are different, living in a more simplicity. And Grace.

That sounds wonderful, fisheye--I'm glad you're able to be where you like to be. :)

Do they have good meat in Bali?

its wonderful to hear that you have these opportunities to see the world.
so many just work work work and never get to enjoy life! whether its a short or long distance holiday...

I've always wanted to go to Bali! But got scared off when I heard about the rabies epidemic going on there...
do you get the series of shots before you go? or just take your chances or maybe extra precautions?

Back
Top Bottom