Georgia, Caucasus

Michal

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hi,

We (me, my wife and my son) are going to visit Georgia in mid of July and spend there 2 weeks.

I thought that I want to mention it here and maybe somebody has something to say. Maybe some of You were there or wanted to go there but could not.

Maybe some of You live there and may share some practical good information about good places and good people.

Greetings

I haven't been there, but from threads like this & this. I would say to be very careful, but also have fun and stay safe.

Happy travels Mikel.

Hi again,

We have been there and I liked it very much.
It is funny how imagination about this country met reality. I was not expecting that it will be so normal place :) like it was.
People are nice!
Kids have special place in that society. We have experienced that not like other places that old people are given place in the bus or train to sit but kids! There were a lot of people who wanted to say something to our kid to give him something to rub his hair and to say funny words to him. It was nice.

We have not experienced any bad situations and crisis with Russia is somewhere at the top not in normal daily life. I think that in this case if I had listened to main stream media that probably I would not have gone there.

Mountains beautiful. ... although generally people there are not taking care about littering and some places are so badly spoiled that it is sad. But maybe they will learn like Poles did.
There were plenty of polish people including us. We thought that we are so original of going to Caucasus but all others thought that too :). For those who love hiking in the mountins it is beautiful place.

We have visited also Gori - town where Stalin was born. We visited museum of Stalin. Intresting. However a bit sad for us that we were expecting full story about that person which unfortunately was focused only on his "bright side" which was mainly victory in World War II. So huge influence over hundreds of milions people and they shown only that little piece of history.

Crazy alphabet. But good thing in that language is that you write what you listen not like english, polish or french.

It was good for us to go there and spend there some time.

Back
Top Bottom