The Great Pyramid of Giza has not Four Sides but Eight !?

Cosmos

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
some time ago I came across this interesting information through a youtube video:
(http://www.catchpenny.org/concave.html)

The Concave Faces of the Great Pyramid

Aerial photo by Groves, 1940 (detail).
images7LDG54.jpg

In his book The Egyptian Pyramids: A Comprehensive, Illustrated Reference, J.P. Lepre wrote:

One very unusual feature of the Great Pyramid is a concavity of the core that makes the monument an eight-sided figure, rather than four-sided like every other Egyptian pyramid. That is to say, that its four sides are hollowed in or indented along their central lines, from base to peak. This concavity divides each of the apparent four sides in half, creating a very special and unusual eight-sided pyramid; and it is executed to such an extraordinary degree of precision as to enter the realm of the uncanny. For, viewed from any ground position or distance, this concavity is quite invisible to the naked eye. The hollowing-in can be noticed only from the air, and only at certain times of the day. This explains why virtually every available photograph of the Great Pyramid does not show the hollowing-in phenomenon, and why the concavity was never discovered until the age of aviation. It was discovered quite by accident in 1940, when a British Air Force pilot, P. Groves, was flying over the pyramid. He happened to notice the concavity and captured it in the now-famous photograph. [p. 65]

This strange feature was not first observed in 1940. It was illustrated in La Description de l'Egypte in the late 1700's (Volume V, pl. 8). Flinders Petrie noticed a hollowing in the core masonry in the center of each face and wrote that he "continually observed that the courses of the core had dips of as much as ½° to 1°" (The Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh, 1883, p. 421). Though it is apparently more easily observed from the air, the concavity is measurable and is visible from the ground under favorable lighting conditions.

Ikonos satellite image of the Great Pyramid.
imagesca9v7tmpO5R7V.jpg

I.E.S. Edwards wrote, "In the Great Pyramid the packing-blocks were laid in such a way that they sloped slightly inwards towards the centre of each course, with a result that a noticeable depression runs down the middle of each face -- a peculiarity shared, as far as is known, by no other pyramid" (The Pyramids of Egypt, 1975, p. 207). Maragioglio and Rinaldi described a similar concavity on the pyramid of Menkaure, the third pyramid at Giza. Miroslav Verner wrote that the faces of the Red Pyramid at Dahshur are also "slightly concave."

Diagram of the concavity (not to scale).
imagescauy2dy6LHFDW.jpg

What was the purpose for concave Great Pyramid sides? Maragioglio and Rinaldi felt this feature would help bond the casing to the core. Verner agreed: "As in the case of the earlier Red Pyramid, the slightly concave walls were intended to increase the stability of the pyramid's mantle [i.e. casing stones]" (The Pyramids, 2001, p. 195). Martin Isler outlined the various theories in his article "Concerning the Concave Faces on the Great Pyramid" (Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt, 20:1983, pp. 27-32):

1. To give a curved form to the nucleus in order to prevent the faces from sliding.

2. The casing block in the center would be larger and would serve more suitably as a guide for other blocks in the same course.

3. To better bond the nucleus to the casing.

4. For aesthetic reasons, as concave faces would make the structure more pleasing to the eye.

5. When the casing stones were later removed, they were tumbled down the faces, and thereby wore down the center of the pyramids more than the edges.

6. Natural erosion of wind-swept sand had a greater effect on the center.

Isler dismisses the first four reasons based on the idea that "what is proposed for the first pyramid should hold true for the others." He also dismisses the last two because they would not "dip the courses," but rather have simply "worn away the surface of the stone." Adding another category to the list above, "a result of imperfect building method," he proceeds to theorize that the concavity was an artifact of a compounding error in building technique (specifically, a sag in the mason's line). One is tempted to reject this theory based on Isler's own reasoning: "what is proposed for the first pyramid should hold true for the others."

The concavity has prompted more improbable theories, usually in support of some larger agenda. David Davidson (cited by Peter Tompkins in Secrets of the Great Pyramid, pp. 108-114) defended the discredited Piazzi Smyth by attempting to demonstrate that if measurements included the hollowing, they would provide three base measurements that describe the three lengths of the year: solar, sidereal, and "anomalistic." (These lines, on the diagram below, would be AB, AEFB, and AMB.) What Davidson is assuming is that the concavity, present today in the core structure of the pyramid, would extend to the finished cased surface. There is no evidence for this; indeed the extant casing is perfectly flat. Maragioglio and Rinaldi observed that the granite casing of Menkaure's pyramid was flat, but above the granite the packing-blocks formed a concavity in the center of each face. The evidence indicates that the concavity is a functional feature of the core structure that was hidden from sight when the casing stones were applied.

Three proposed "baselines" of the Great Pyramid (not to scale).
imagescapt7ksv8KC1L.jpg

John Williams, author of Williams' Hydraulic Theory to Cheops' Pyramid wrote that "the only advantage that I can see - and it is a great one - for having a concave face on a structure is to contain extremely high internal pressures - the type of pressures that would result from using a hydraulic method of my description. Think of this in terms of an egg shell, arch or gabling." This explanation is also voiced by other purveyors of the "pump-theory" such as Edward J. Kunkel (author of The Pharaoh's Pump, 1962) and Richard Noone (author of 5/5/2000: Ice: The Ultimate Disaster, 1982). Unfortunately, they fail to understand how an arch or load-bearing gable works. A supporting arch is designed to convert the downward force, or weight, of a structure to an outward force, which in turn is transferred to a buttress, a pier, or an abutment. An arch simply redirects the force; it does not make it vanish. If the sides of the Great Pyramid were designed as arches, then those arches would serve to direct the load into thin air. It doesn't make sense. The eggshell analogy is yet less applicable because the pyramid is not egg-shaped. Like the arch, the egg is strong because it transfers load pressure, in this case into vertical as well as horizontal forces that are distributed more evenly along the structure of the egg due to its shape.

Kunkel likened each pyramid face to a dam. He claimed that each side bends inward against the pressure of the water inside the pyramid just as a dam (Hoover Dam for example) bends towards the force of the water it holds back. An arch dam employs the same structural principles as the arch (described above). The dam curves towards the hydrostatic pressure from the water behind it, which in turn is distributed horizontally to abutments on the side walls against which the dam is built. Again, the pyramid lacks such abutments.

In Ancient Egyptian Construction and Architecture, Clarke and Englebach wrote:

Most pyramids have individual peculiarities which are as yet difficult to explain. For instance, in the Great Pyramid, as possibly in certain others, a large depression in the packing-blocks runs down the middle of each face, implying a line of extra-thick facing there. Though there is no special difficulty in arranging the blocks of a course in such a manner that they increase in size at the middle, there is no satisfactory explanation of the feature any more than there is of the 'girdle-blocks' [in the Great Pyramid's ascending passage] already discussed. [p. 128]

The purpose for the concavity of the Great Pyramids remains a mystery and no satisfactory explanation for this feature has been offered. The indentation is so slight that any practical function is difficult to imagine.

I remember that in the video that I saw they proposed that you can see the 8 sides the best on soliste
through the shadows that appear from the faces of the Pyramid. I found this:
(http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/Giza.html)

Surprisingly new evidence has just come up that not only supports the Great Pyramid-Sphinx-Leo connection as proposed by Hancock and Bauval but at the same time ingeniously also links the Great Pyramid to Taurus. This new discovery made by Dr. Smelyakov will be ‘illuminated’ next.

In ancient times the Great Pyramid was covered by highly polished limestone casing stones that gave the pyramid a shining appearance like a big glittering diamond in the dessert. The ancients referred to it as ‘Ikhet, meaning the ‘Glorious Light’. In summertime the reflections of the pyramid could be seen from miles away. Its mirroring properties were enhanced by its concave structure of the faces. Each of the four faces of the pyramid are not perfectly flat but are slightly indented and curved to form a huge parabolic mirror reflecting the Sun’s rays.

Concave faces of the Great Pyramid

The significance of concavity of the faces in the construction of the pyramid can only be understood when we come to understand that the North face of the pyramid reflects the sunlight in between two critical positions during the tropical year when the Sun culminates over the Great Pyramid at noon. These critical positions that determine the start and end of the sunlight reflection correspond with the position of the Sun in the signs Leo and Taurus in the tropical Zodiac!

As the Sun starts to rise from its lowest position in the sky on the winter solstice point it reaches a critical height in the skies where the sunrays illuminating the South face of the pyramid will be reflected horizontally such that they can be observed by a spectator on the South side of the pyramid. This is the moment that the Great Pyramid starts to reflect the sunrays by its concave face. When the ascent of the Sun progresses the Sun finally reaches a point in the sky where it will shine over the top of the pyramid and starts to illuminate the North face of the pyramid as well. This happens shortly before spring (vernal equinox). When the ascend of the Sun progresses it reaches a point where the sunrays will be reflected off horizontally from the North face of the pyramid. This is when the reflected sunlight can be observed North of the pyramid.

The Sun finally comes to a standstill at the summer solstice after which it starts to descend again. The process of illumination of the pyramid now reverses. First the horizontal reflection of the sunrays on the North face seizes and next just before autumn (autumn equinox) the complete illumination of the north face seizes. In the picture below the height of the Sun that causes for a horizontal reflection of the sunlight on the North face is indicated in red. When the Sun reaches this position, spectators North of the pyramid will see the pyramid starting to shine like a crystal.[/
quote]

Re: The Great Pyramid of Gizeh has not Four Sides but Eight !?

Great info! Did you see this?
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/246214-Great-Pyramid-Starmap-Etching-Depicts-Age-of-9200-BCE

Laura said:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/246214-Great-Pyramid-Starmap-Etching-Depicts-Age-of-9200-BCE

yes but I'm kind of sceptical about this one.
I have a bit of a hard time to see what he sees in the stone before Gantenbrink's Door.
we would need a better picture/examination of that "incarvings of stars" to be more sure what we see and if there is indeed something to it.

Pashalis said:
Laura said:

I have a bit of a hard time to see what he sees in the stone before Gantenbrink's Door.
we would need a better picture/examination of that "incarvings of stars" to be more sure what we see and if there is indeed something to it.

Thank You for finding the pictures Pashalis, I had all but forgotten this fact. About the starmap I'd just say that You ought to look at Christopher Dunn's work first.
http://www.gizapower.com/Anotherrobot.htm

Edit, some comments to the above article as to the given probabilities of the reasons for this design;

1. To give a curved form to the nucleus in order to prevent the faces from sliding. - the "curve" is waay too slight for this to work

2. The casing block in the center would be larger and would serve more suitably as a guide for other blocks in the same course. -could be

3. To better bond the nucleus to the casing. - maybe

4. For aesthetic reasons, as concave faces would make the structure more pleasing to the eye. -why not?

5. When the casing stones were later removed, they were tumbled down the faces, and thereby wore down the center of the pyramids more than the edges. -this doesn't explain the sharpness ("crispness") of the symmetry

6. Natural erosion of wind-swept sand had a greater effect on the center. - BS

Check this out too:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21028144.500-first-images-from-great-pyramids-chamber-of-secrets.html

Laura said:
Check this out too:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21028144.500-first-images-from-great-pyramids-chamber-of-secrets.html

one quote of Zahi Hawass, the former Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs of Egypt who describes the doors as "the last great mystery of the pyramid" I found quite amusing. :rotfl: :barf:

every Person with two firing neurons left in the brain can figure out that this statement is so complitly stupid, ignorant and wrong !
lol, but what can we expect from this guy :lol:

Kate Spence, an Egyptologist at the University of Cambridge who was not involved in the study, suspects that since the narrow tunnels can serve no practical purpose, they are almost certainly symbolic. "The metal pins look like symbolic door handles, and the shafts from the Queen's Chamber are oriented north-south, not east-west, so I strongly suspect that their function is symbolic and relates to the stars, not the sun," she says.

This is purely subjective of course, but when I looked at a close up image of those " door handles" the shorter one, seemed to depict a male head with a big beard, looking upward, while the other, the longer one seems to be a woman figure, looking at those gouges on the right wall.

Both handles are in perfect alignment with separate "star configurations" over their heads.

Also purely speculation, is that I noticed long ago that when there are certain marks, appearing like a tiny dark straight line, almost unnoticeable, above or sometimes below an ancient "picture" that by drawing or even imagining, a line right through the picture, using the tiny dark mark as a guide, a separate and hidden image often appears.

It`s as if the line draws your eye to an image that is unseen, or not noticed otherwise and it even occurred to me that this was the original idea, of Feng Shui!

" Historically, feng shui was widely used to orient buildings—often spiritually significant structures such as tombs, but also dwellings and other structures—in an auspicious manner."

Was this because they "lined up" with specific other things?

But as I said, this is purely subjective and is probably nothing but imagination, since there is no proof whats so ever, that any ancient people designed their "art" to be seen or understood, in this way.

Quote from laura: Today at 11:14:32 AM »

Thanks Laura for the link, the woman in the ancient spaceship reminds me the Olmeca people of ancient Mexico.Maybe the city in the moon was/is "K'mer" or "Olman",like was informed in one magazine published in mexico city many years ago like confidential.

Pashalis said:
Laura said:

I don't know-even though the video is rather sensationlistic-the information seems to jive with the notion the pyramids (at least the Khufu pyramid) is a lot older than Egyptology says-of course they would want to subscribe the building of the pyramid to the great Pharoh of the day- I always have trouble backwards dating these things-how long ago is 9200 BCE? Does that place it pre-Atlantis / Ice age?

This:

John Williams, author of Williams' Hydraulic Theory to Cheops' Pyramid wrote that "the only advantage that I can see - and it is a great one - for having a concave face on a structure is to contain extremely high internal pressures - the type of pressures that would result from using a hydraulic method of my description. Think of this in terms of an egg shell, arch or gabling." This explanation is also voiced by other purveyors of the "pump-theory" such as Edward J. Kunkel (author of The Pharaoh's Pump, 1962) and Richard Noone (author of 5/5/2000: Ice: The Ultimate Disaster, 1982). Unfortunately, they fail to understand how an arch or load-bearing gable works. A supporting arch is designed to convert the downward force, or weight, of a structure to an outward force, which in turn is transferred to a buttress, a pier, or an abutment. An arch simply redirects the force; it does not make it vanish. If the sides of the Great Pyramid were designed as arches, then those arches would serve to direct the load into thin air. It doesn't make sense. The eggshell analogy is yet less applicable because the pyramid is not egg-shaped. Like the arch, the egg is strong because it transfers load pressure, in this case into vertical as well as horizontal forces that are distributed more evenly along the structure of the egg due to its shape.

Kunkel likened each pyramid face to a dam. He claimed that each side bends inward against the pressure of the water inside the pyramid just as a dam (Hoover Dam for example) bends towards the force of the water it holds back. An arch dam employs the same structural principles as the arch (described above). The dam curves towards the hydrostatic pressure from the water behind it, which in turn is distributed horizontally to abutments on the side walls against which the dam is built. Again, the pyramid lacks such abutments.

Reminds me of this: _http://www.thepump.org/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=18

I have numerous problems with it, and so left a comment on his last video with all the issues that I saw, but it's not there anymore. The water lock idea is interesting given that it would give production line efficiency and speed to the whole construction process, he says that the video explaining where the water came from is in production, but judging from the problems I see they've got a lot of work to do.

The only interesting thing I took from this series was the transport and construction idea. Certainly acoustic levitation would make the process even faster and easier. I post it just for documentary purposes though, it is torturous to go through it just to give warning.

tschai said:
I don't know-even though the video is rather sensationlistic-the information seems to jive with the notion the pyramids (at least the Khufu pyramid) is a lot older than Egyptology says-of course they would want to subscribe the building of the pyramid to the great Pharoh of the day- I always have trouble backwards dating these things-how long ago is 9200 BCE? Does that place it pre-Atlantis / Ice age?

9200 BCE would be just post-Atlantis.

From the Cs timeline:

10498 BCE ca. – Final break up of Atlantis. [...]

8649 BCE – Atlantean descendants build great pyramid to capture cosmic energy for power, transport, healing, mind control, climate control, etc. Sphinx built at same time.

bngenoh said:
This:

Yes, exactly so

bngenoh said:
Reminds me of this: _http://www.thepump.org/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=18

I have numerous problems with it, and so left a comment on his last video with all the issues that I saw, but it's not there anymore. The water lock idea is interesting given that it would give production line efficiency and speed to the whole construction process, he says that the video explaining where the water came from is in production, but judging from the problems I see they've got a lot of work to do.

The only interesting thing I took from this series was the transport and construction idea. Certainly acoustic levitation would make the process even faster and easier. I post it just for documentary purposes though, it is torturous to go through it just to give warning.

As a comment to this I would like to voice an opinion;
The only one who has come up with a fairly good, working idea (so far) is Christopher Dunn in his book The Giza Power Plant (___http://www.amazon.com/Giza-Power-Plant-Technologies-Ancient/dp/1879181509/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263221854&sr=8-1)

Here is russian language thread about Nuclear Magnetic Resonance

_http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Frealstrannik.ru%2Fforum%2F19-svobodnaya-energiya%2F26021-preobrazovatel-energii-edvina-greya.html%3Flimit%3D18%26start%3D36%2329086

There is part about Pyramid investigation
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyUoF9977o0

There is a theory that shaft is resonator chamber for wave length = 211 mm = 1.42GHz to excite hydrogen atoms

Approaching Infinity said:
tschai said:

9200 BCE would be just post-Atlantis.

From the Cs timeline:

10498 BCE ca. – Final break up of Atlantis. [...]

8649 BCE – Atlantean descendants build great pyramid to capture cosmic energy for power, transport, healing, mind control, climate control, etc. Sphinx built at same time.

Ah-Thank you AI!

The Great Pyramid never ceases to amaze me. Who knows what yet lies undiscovered!

Back
Top Bottom