I want to share a strange experience I lived by the age of 17-19 (7-9 years ago).
As for the background, I was with some friends and we went to investigate an old 19th century manor that was supposedly 'haunted'. There was a huge part that was non-habited as it got devastated by a fire. It was in the stage of re-building but somehow, it was left unfinished for a few years. Note that as an historical fact, this very part of the manor burned down many times in the past for seemignly unclear reasons. I'll spare the whole legend around it unless you think it might be relevant.
So we were hanging out on a large quay that was on the real-estate and leading to a river. Whenever the water level is high, the area is flooded hence why they had built them. My buddies were sitting on a bench on it and I was standing up alone in front of them discussing. All of a sudden, a few feet over their heads, somehow behind them as well, I saw a very bright and pure white light appearing. It moved to the left waving a bit for a few secnds and vanished into thin air. It was really bright but didn't blind me and didn't seem to light the area (it was at night). It didn't make a sound neither and light seemed to emanate from a singularity making a perhaps softball-sized ball of light.
That's what I saw.
Now comes the part of figuring out what it could have been.
- The area being wet and swampy, could have been a ball of gas spontenaously cumbusting. Problem is I have never seen a gas generating such light and burning in such a way. Didn't look like combustion to me at all.
- Could have been an electric phenomenon but we were away from any source of electricity and sky was clear.
- Could have been light reflection but the way this light 'was' and 'behaved' tells me it's not very probable.
- Could have been an insect but appart from a few fire flies, we have no other that emmit light. Also, the color and intensity do not correspond at all.
- Could have been a projection of my own subconscious mind (more like a hallucination) but that is not something I can confirm for sure. More knowledge in the matter could help though.
- Could have been a bleedthrough. Maybe a thoughtform of some sort that got gaught by my awarness from another density or universe. I don't know. That could be possible if all 'natural' explanations could be discarted. I don't want to be too subjective on that as I don't have too much knowledge about it yet.
So a little help would be welcomed here. What do you think?
Feel free to ask any question that could be relevant and to correct me if needed.