Does Eating Egg Yolks Increase Arterial Plaque?

dugdeep said:
truth seeker said:
grini said:
Grandma is the only person in the family who is open-minded :) About a month ago I asked her if she would like to try cream made of lard for the face and body (translated on English it should be called "Lard washed in 9 waters"), I will make it for her and myself. She started to laugh and said "Sure! Why not! :D " That's why I love her so much :)
I looked that up and unfortunately nothing came up with a search. Interestingly enough though, I have been thinking along the lines of using lard as either a moisturizer or even a sort of cleanser. If I remember correctly, lard used to be used in soap, so that may be an interesting thing to source if it still exists.

What did come up was "lard face cream". From what I understand, it's just that, lard used to keep the face hydrated. I suppose if it's prepared correctly, it would be okay to use and I may just give that a go. I just want to make sure I don't end up smelling like pork! :D

Funny enough, at the health food store I work at we just got in an anti-inflammatory cream that is in a base of lard mixed with some sort of pine extract. It's a Native American recipe, apparently. I tried a sample and it felt nice on the skin. Surprisingly, it seemed to absorb quite well and didn't remain greasy.

truth seeker, maybe putting a drop or two of some sort of essential oil into the lard would keep you from smelling like pork all day :)

Excatly!!! I put a few drops of lavender essential oil, to cover up the smell of pork. It works for a few hours and then it evaporates, you can then smell pork, but smell is very, very mild :) My mom complained once... she has a big nose for smells of all kind :rolleyes:
I should try another round of lard cream.
You can experiment with about 2 tablespoons of lard, add cold water and mix it with kitchen mixer (for the first time, I mixed it manually, maybe because of that there was still a smell of pork, I haven't tried yet with kitchen mixer) for 2-3 minutes, then carefully pour out the water and add fresh one, mix it again for 2-3 minutes. Repeat it 9 times, you should have foamy, white lard cream now :D Add essential oil and mix it. Put it in a jar and store it in the fridge, you should use it in a few days, then make a new one.
A long time ago, our great great grandmothers were using lard for face, they didn't had wrinkles as we are having it today. It is also good if you are having a cold or bronchitis, if you cough a lot. Make holes with a needle on some kind of textile or paper and put on some lard and then put it on a chest, same goes behind on your back and you go to sleep with all that on you.
It is good to get rid of stretch marks, it is anti-inflammatory as dugdeep wrote, if you or your baby have eczema, just put some lard :) It is important that lard is homemade.

grini said:
A long time ago, our great great grandmothers were using lard for face, they didn't had wrinkles as we are having it today. It is also good if you are having a cold or bronchitis, if you cough a lot. Make holes with a needle on some kind of textile or paper and put on some lard and then put it on a chest, same goes behind on your back and you go to sleep with all that on you.
It is good to get rid of stretch marks, it is anti-inflammatory as dugdeep wrote, if you or your baby have eczema, just put some lard :) It is important that lard is homemade.

My grandmother was using a lard the same way, as a cream for the body as well as for the common cold :).

grini said:
Laura said:
You can tell him that all that stuff is true for people who eat a lot of carbs but carbs, themselves, are the killers, not the egg yolks or fat. I think you can send him a stack of papers linked in the ketogenic diet thread that will convey that.

Yes, I told him many times about carbs, but he just starts to talk about his blood type, he is AB and he can eat grains etc. (I don't know what blood type I am, but I know I like eggs very much and I can't get enough of them!)

A lot of us tried the blood-type diet and the geno-type diet. We decided that it's pretty much a bunch of hooey.

There is a detox diet where you quit eating a lot of things for two weeks. Then, introduce them back in one at a time, 3 days each. I am a type A. I found I was sensitive to all fruits and all but 3 veggies. I am now not eating any veggies and doing just fine. And grains and dairy are real killers.

However, I don't think that your grandfather would believe a word of that as he is addicted to his grains and carbs and when people are addicted to something they will fight to keep them. And grains and dairy are addicting, that's a fact.

Nienna Eluch said:
However, I don't think that your grandfather would believe a word of that as he is addicted to his grains and carbs and when people are addicted to something they will fight to keep them. And grains and dairy are addicting, that's a fact.

It is about my dad, grandfather died last year. Yes, it's true. Words of a friend of mine who is addicted: "I have to eat bread! If I don't eat it, it's like food doesn't have any taste at all."

aelyrsenn said:
I know how you feel...I can't wait to get a job and move out of the house so i can start buying some real food...nothing for me in the fridge till then, just hoping it won't be to late:(

Just be strong, the opportunity WILL show up. I'm not sure should I also move out of the house... I might have more freedom, but I feel safer at home with my family, and we have 2 wells, chickens, garden, we use wood as a home heating, and in these days I think that means a lot. If I move to the apartment, I have nothing... and I don't like apartments very much, I feel like I'm in a chicken coop.

grini said:
Nienna Eluch said:

It is about my dad, grandfather died last year. Yes, it's true. Words of a friend of mine who is addicted: "I have to eat bread! If I don't eat it, it's like food doesn't have any taste at all."

Sorry for the confusion.

aelyrsenn said:
Khmm...i live in Croatia ;)

LOL! Interesting :) Maybe we are close to each other and don't even realize it :)
It's not that bad in Croatia, it can be worse and I guess it will get worse... and for a job we need a connection... yeah, it sucks.

People says that the "lard washed in 9 waters" even help with the psoriasis symptoms, help heals the wound and is used for lowering high temperature with children. Maybe it is not SO powerful :), but it was used as a base for beauty creams. Also just to mention that the good quality lard was used for making soaps. I tried "lard soap" and it has no smell at all (and not any other smell, it was neutral, since it was home made form the village, so they didn't put any essence or similar), it washed good, and what was important to me, doesn't dries the skin at all.

As I have understood from my girlfriend's mother who is a butcher (unemployed of course, so as everyone :) ) there are differences in the quality of the lard. And the best lard should have very mild smell or none. It should be very white with texture almost as wax, and not greasy (candles also can be made of it, but the sheep lard is better for that). That all depends on few factors such as:

What type is the pig
What pig ate (very hard to get if you don't grow pigs on your own. If the meat and lard have that "pig smell", it usually means that the pig ate some sort of concentrate flour)
From what part of the pig is the lard. Some parts gives more quality lard (I can ask and post this if there is interest. It is a bit hard to translate it in english: salo, trbusina, zaporci . . . :) )
How the lard is processed (melted). (as I have understood, it is also very important).

Pouring some essential oil is good idea, but you can also make any flower macerate with lard (nevenova krema/ mast i slicni nazivi . . . )

grini said:
Grandma is the only person in the family who is open-minded :) About a month ago I asked her if she would like to try cream made of lard for the face and body (translated on English it should be called "Lard washed in 9 waters"), I will make it for her and myself. She started to laugh and said "Sure! Why not! :D " That's why I love her so much :)

truth seeker said:
I looked that up and unfortunately nothing came up with a search. Interestingly enough though, I have been thinking along the lines of using lard as either a moisturizer or even a sort of cleanser. If I remember correctly, lard used to be used in soap, so that may be an interesting thing to source if it still exists.

What did come up was "lard face cream". From what I understand, it's just that, lard used to keep the face hydrated. I suppose if it's prepared correctly, it would be okay to use and I may just give that a go. I just want to make sure I don't end up smelling like pork! :D

Lard and Lye where foundational in soap when growing up, at least what we bought in the family. There are a few good videos on how to make it and many still do, often finding them in farmers markets. Here also is from 'Soap University' :) a link for "History of Soap - Overview" going back to 4000 B.C.

_http://customsoap.com/university/history.html

1916 Detergent soap was created and the beloved art of “true” soap bars lost its large following temporarily
:(

Back
Top Bottom