A multiple choice email that deserves real choices....please help...

S

sleepypalmer

I recieved this email from my mother of all people, who got it from god knows who, and I am outraged that she would foward it to anyone! Nonetheless I feel this deserves a response, and I thought you guys could come up with some facts to use as alternative muliple choice answers or something, so I can send it back!!!

Here is just the body of the email sent to me.

-1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by
a. Superman
b. Jay Lenno
c. Harry Potter
d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40
1. In 1972 at theMunich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by
a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40
2. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
3. During the 1980s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts
4. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera
5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid
6. In 1985TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa
7. In 1988,Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan
9. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation
10. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean
11. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL
12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham
d. Muslim male extremist s mostly between the ages of 17 and 40
13. 2004 - Spain Railway bombings.
Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 AND NOW !
14. 2005 London Railway bombings
Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40 (
15. And I will add the 2006 attempted hijackings of 9 jumbo jets from London to America. Let's see.... Could it be....
a. Nemo and his aquariam mates
b. Batman and Robin on LSD
c. Chicago Bears defensive unit led by Karl Rove
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40)
Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents of the President's security detail, 85- year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because of profiling. As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it, "Stupid is as stupid does."

I am not sure they are even worth a response, but if at least I could get something to help open my own mothers eyes, I would be grateful.. Thank You

Well, you could send it back to her with a slight edit. Where the choice is:

Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40)

Replace it with: Mind Controlled patsies created by extensive torture and programming carried out by Israeli MOSSAD agents so as to make all Muslims look fanatical and extreme so that Israel can continue to steal their land and oil and murder them without an outcry from people of conscience.

Thank you for your advise. I'm sure this will go over very well....HA

You could also gather up a list, twice as long, of horrible deeds committed by the US government, or Westerners in general and send it back - basically pointing out that this little email is ridiculously selective and based on shaky facts to begin with. The fact is that in many of those situations, we don't know for sure who did it - and most signs point to patsies.

I'm not sure that you'll really get through to her, no matter what you send, though. If this is honestly what she chooses to believe than your efforts will probably be wasted, in which case, you could reply with, "now THAT's comedy!" - or, "wow, you really had me going for a second, I thought you were saying that you actually believe this stuff!"

I don't really know, and I realize how frustrating it can be to deal with this kind of thing. My older sister tends to do this same thing to me, but I've finally just gotten to the point where I don't even read them, much less comment on them. She adores her sleep - who am I to wake her?

Or, you could always send her this, from today's SotT page... http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/editorials/signs20060818_WhyDoWeHateThem.php if you'd rather.

;)

All very helpful.. thanks. This has been going on for a while--Her sending me things, me almost puking at most of them, but I have'nt ever said anything to her. If I can't put facts in the face of my own mother, maybe I'm still to afraid there not facts. I'm learning a lot about my own fears through this email debate LOL!!

I think you may have missed the point that the creators of this email were aiming at. The idea of of each question having the response of "Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40)" is trying to highlight the prejudice against this group. I saw this one several months ago and accepted it for the dark humour it was.

sleepypalmer said:
Here is just the body of the email sent to me.
Would you mind presenting the rest of the email obviously minus the distribution list, please.

I sometimes gets similar stuff from people I know and it is difficult to handle, given that nearly all of them are snoring.

Just to spend some energy I rewrote this one:

-In 2001 some entity was responsible for destroying the twin World Trade Center Towers. The people who benefit most from this are:
a. Superman
b. Batman
c. 3000 dead citizens
d. Zionists and Neocons
1. On the same day the entity also somehow blew a relatively small hole (as compared to the size of an airliner) through the side of Pentagon. The people who benefit most are:
a. The Boogie Man
b. The Sandman
c. Dead military workers
d. Zionists and Neocons
2. In 2003 Bush unilaterally decided to invade Iraq even though the country had nothing to do with 9-11. The people who benefit most are:
a. Dead Iraqi women
b. Dead Iraqi children
c. Dead Iraqi men
d. Zionists and Neocons
3. In 2004 the presidential election was fraught with so many controveries and the people who benefit most from it are:
a. Diebold
b. Halliburton
c. Disenfranchised voters
d. Zionists and Neocons
4. In 2006 Israel invaded Lebanon (again) and countless Lebanese civilians were murdered in the process. The people who benefit most from it are:
a. Dead Lebanese women
b. Dead Lebanese children
c. Dead Lebanese men
d. Zionists and Neocons
5. In 2006, three years after the invasion of Iraq, the USA still has not managed to bring peace. Instead violence is worse and standards of living are nearly non-existance for a huge percentage of the country. The people who benefit most from it are:
a. Iraqi women
b. Iraqi children
c. Iraqi men
d. Zionists and Neocons
6. In 2006 Israel will undoubtedly violate the cease fire and make it seem like its Hezbollah's fault. Again they will start murdering innocent civilians. The people who benefit most from it will be:
a. Lebanese women
b. Lebanese children
c. Lebanese men
d. Zionists and Neocons
7. Americans have extreme difficulty thinking objectivity and as a result behave akin to cattle being led to a slaughter. The people who benefit most from this condition are:
a. Americans
b. Iraqis
c. Lebanese
d. Palestinians
e. Zionists and Neocons

had to copy you on this one:

I received this shortly after reading the article about Islam and the
inability of a Muslim to stand FOR the United States ... just a good
reminder I think.....
Please pause a moment, reflect; and take the following multiple choice
test. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened!
Do you remember?
-1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by

That's the rest of the email. You may be right about me taking it wrong. It does show the prejudice, but I'm sure people may take it for justification. Just more arrows...

Anyway, thanks Mark for that thought out redo.. I like it , I'm just going to send it back to my mom with all the different ways.. Maybe...she'll want to hear more.

Just like paulnotbilly, I saw this multiple choice test a while ago - within a different context. Unfortunately, the message proves to be rather ambiguous and may therefore quite easily be used with opposed aims in mind.

sleepypalmer said:
I received this shortly after reading the article about Islam and the
inability of a Muslim to stand FOR the United States ... just a good
reminder I think.....
Please pause a moment, reflect; and take the following multiple choice
test. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened!
Do you remember?
Thanks sleepypalmer, I wouldn't class it as ambiguous, more a case of humour that it's known will be emailed around the world. The idea is that of 'association'. Alas, there'll be some small-minded individuals who will read it as being 'real'.

I've always wondered where these things originate.

I've tried tracking down a few, they're a viral meme of sorts. Well structured, with no determined source of the originator. I'm not sure if they are done by some completely bored people with nothing to do in an office cubicle all day or actually are composed and paid for by a professional writer by parties unknown.

They are sinister and build on ignorance and fear IMHO, classic grey or black propaganda.

I recieved one myself last week as follows.

Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent interaction
between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a train station in
Sydney.

There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on the
evils of Australia. I politely declined to take one.

An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20ish)
female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of
friendship and in a very soft voice said, "Lady, don't you care about the
children of Iraq?"

The old woman looked up at her and said, "Honey, my father died in France
during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam. All
three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth our
country. If you touch me again. I'll stick this umbrella up your a&^% and
open it."

Bless Australia!!
This was adopted from an American version. Same old lady, this time outside a protest in the USA in Washington DC.

This is suppose to be true and is a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a Metro station in DC:

"There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one.

An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, " Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq?"

The old lady looked up at her and said, "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam. All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella you know where and then open it."

~God Bless America~
My reply top the offending e-mail.

Apparently the same old lady lives in the USA. The old bat must get around a
bit.

http://russellcounty.net/06/ictoowell.shtml

http://www.technologyinvestor.com/login/2004/Jan30-06.php

http://tinyurl.com/oce4d

Johnno
With any of this stuff you find the hole (untruth) and take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom