An email I sent

mocachapeau

Dagobah Resident
Hi editors,

I was just wondering if you had received an email from me with an attached piece concerning the US banking system, written in 1887. I can't seem to get my Windows mail working so I tried to send it by hotmail. Then I remembered that hotmail blocks anything going to you guys, so I found a site called mail.com and sent it by that account. I would like to know if you have received it so I know that I can send you emails using that account in the future.

Thanks.

Glad to hear it.

I did want to mention something about it. I read it about 5 or 6 years ago, and I didn't look at it closely before I sent it along. It is not a small piece, as I thought, it is actually a small book of 250 pages. I didn't remember it being so long, and I am now wondering if I was confusing it with something else when I said that it was a pamphlet. But I am not confused about the material within - it is brilliant! It is amazing to read a work from that time, concerning this subject matter, that could have been written by one of you, today. Nothing has changed, except for it being worse.

The thing is, I got that file from a P2P network back before I discovered SOTT, learned a lot about the value of things, and subsequently stopped downloading books. I buy my books second hand in paper form now, and have no more P2P running on my PC. But it was my thinking it was a pamphlet that led me to sending it to you. I apologize for that.

I do suggest strongly that you read it though, or at least part of it, to see what I mean about its content. It is my humble opinion that this little book should be on the SOTT reading list.

I'm going to look around on the internet and see if I can find it in book form.

Again, I am sorry if I sent you something with any kind of copyright issues. Let it be known that no one at SOTT had any idea I was going to send it, I did so of my own accord, without any advance warning.

So I have found the book. The last printing is a direct reprint of the 1894 edition, printed in 2008.

I was wondering, Perceval, if you would allow me to make up for this little blunder by sending you a hard copy of the book. It would be a fine addition to the "Grand Theft Economics" collection. Is there a PO box, or something of that nature, where I could send it to you in France?

Sure. I sent you the details privately.

Back
Top Bottom