Atlantis found?

United Gnosis

Jedi Council Member
Here is a very interesting article that just came to my attention.

Scientists apparently have found what could very well be a part of Atlantis, lying 600 feet below sea level off the island of Cuba.

There seems to be an ample amount of documentation, from pictures, exploratory submarine videos and sonar imaging.

Are you generally aware of this discovery? What do you think about the evidence provided?

_http://www.riseearth.com/2012/10/atlantis-found-giant-sphinxes-pyramids.html?m=1

United Gnosis said:

Scientists apparently have found what could very well be a part of Atlantis, lying 600 feet below sea level off the island of Cuba.

There seems to be an ample amount of documentation, from pictures, exploratory submarine videos and sonar imaging.

Are you generally aware of this discovery? What do you think about the evidence provided?

_http://www.riseearth.com/2012/10/atlantis-found-giant-sphinxes-pyramids.html?m=1

Laura discusses the Atlantis myth in Horns of Moses (expanding on what she wrote in Secret History). Basically, it looks like Atlantis was an allegory constructed by Plato for a certain purpose. But it's possible it did have information passed down through time relating to real events, in some form or another. Andrew Collins's book Gateway to Atlantis makes a pretty good case for Cuba having been "Atlantis", so perhaps it was an outpost of "Atlantean" civilization? There's evidence of submerged structures in the region, like near Bimini.

Approaching Infinity said:
United Gnosis said:

Laura discusses the Atlantis myth in Horns of Moses (expanding on what she wrote in Secret History). Basically, it looks like Atlantis was an allegory constructed by Plato for a certain purpose. But it's possible it did have information passed down through time relating to real events, in some form or another. Andrew Collins's book Gateway to Atlantis makes a pretty good case for Cuba having been "Atlantis", so perhaps it was an outpost of "Atlantean" civilization? There's evidence of submerged structures in the region, like near Bimini.

Thing is, there are numerous candidates so I think the designation "Atlantis" is something of a misnomer created by Plato. The point is that there does seem to have been an ancient, ante-diluvian civilization all over the world, not just in some spot that can be found and called "Atlantis."

Laura said:
Thing is, there are numerous candidates so I think the designation "Atlantis" is something of a misnomer created by Plato. The point is that there does seem to have been an ancient, ante-diluvian civilization all over the world, not just in some spot that can be found and called "Atlantis."

After reading that bit in CatHoM, I was wondering about the etymology of the word "Atlantis" which means a "daughter of Atlas." Calypso was said to be one of Atlas' daughters and most remembered for her role in Homer's Odyssey. Of course, her name meant "to deceive." Perhaps, that meaning could be applied to Atlantis as a "land of lies." So, I kinda figured that there would be ancient civilizations but the true name could have been lost or avoided. Like "United States" would be replaced by the allegorical meaning of the name in the far future. It just might as well be "Atlantis."

Thanks for the replies. That a pan-global prehistorical civilization existed is also my understanding, derived mostly from anecdotal/circumstancial research which indirectly had been pointing at the need for such a civilization to have existed for the evidence to make sense.

That being said, I have never done extensive, nor even a decent amount of direct research on this topic. I can't wait to read Secret History 1 & 2 to find out the fruits of Laura's labor.

Lest this post become noise, I wanted to underline some intersting points from the article. Firstly, that the origin myth of the central-american Olmecs feature an escape from a submerging island called Atlanticú. Secondly, that the sonar images reveal many flearly man-made structures, some megalithic in size - for instance, Gizah-sized pyramids. Thirdly, that structural decorations observed could be called proto-Olmec style.

This definitely makes me want to find out more about the Olmecs. I guess starting with Secret History would be a good start?

Back
Top Bottom