'Missing 411', by David Paulides: Tracking unusual missing persons cases

Zadius Sky said:
Hmm, I had trouble hearing it. I wonder if there's a transcript for it?
Sorry I don't know. It doesn't look like the MUFON LA website, as shown in the video, exists anymore either.

Dylan said:
That interview posted on sott blew my mind! What a researcher and the inquiry is done in such a professional and scientific way that it seems impossible to dismiss not only the possibility of Bigfoot as a real phenomena, but also that there may be a link between the missin persons and their activities.

This world is certainly still full of mystery!

Totally agree. I listened to radio interviews with Paulides before, but it was very impressive to see him talk and observe how attentive he is and professional, including being respectful and tactful toward the families of the missing people but without hiding the truth. It's good to know that there are genuine researchers out there. Really hope that SOTT radio will be able to do an interview with him one day.

Keit said:
Dylan said:
That interview posted on sott blew my mind! What a researcher and the inquiry is done in such a professional and scientific way that it seems impossible to dismiss not only the possibility of Bigfoot as a real phenomena, but also that there may be a link between the missin persons and their activities.

This world is certainly still full of mystery!

Totally agree. I listened to radio interviews with Paulides before, but it was very impressive to see him talk and observe how attentive he is and professional, including being respectful and tactful toward the families of the missing people but without hiding the truth. It's good to know that there are genuine researchers out there. Really hope that SOTT radio will be able to do an interview with him one day.

Yep, for sure, that was one of the most disturbing and chilling interviews about anything that I have ever seen. The patterns of data he found were unbelievable. For me, it really has 'solidified' the high strangeness hypothesis to this reality, or at least the existence of a 'Bigfoot'. From just this interview, the evidence he has gathered is excellent, although he himself doesn't like to speculate and just leaves the facts to speak for themselves. I haven't read any of the books but I really would like to get a copy and see for myself the information, it's much cheaper on his website, as has been mentioned.

In addition, I think he is also a great public speaker and inspires a sense of curiosity in the self, alongside being very professional in his attitude to the research. I feel he would be an excellent guest for an interview :)

Keit said:
I listened to radio interviews with Paulides before, but it was very impressive to see him talk and observe how attentive he is and professional, including being respectful and tactful toward the families of the missing people but without hiding the truth. It's good to know that there are genuine researchers out there. Really hope that SOTT radio will be able to do an interview with him one day.

Yes, he is a great lecturer, watching the presentation really brings the subject alive. You can sense the audience being very impressed too: one could hear a pin drop on several occasions during the talk!

Paulides highly recommends "Hunt for the Skinwalker" -book, I see it has been discussed on the forum before:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,7601.0.html

Laura's recent comments clarify the phenomenon:

Laura said:
globalgrrl said:
I saw a 2-hour speech on youtube given by David Paulides that I thought was just phenomenal. I am intrigued about the clusters of missing people, as well as First Nation claims that bigfoot are cannibals. I also read a blog posting of someone who claims to have narrowly missed being attacked by two bigfoot after he passed into another realm via a curtain of light or something like that. I made me think of people who have gotten lost in the fairy realm in traditional stories who are unable to find their way home. My thought is, perhaps the bigfoot can actually walk between the densities, which is why no one can capture one. Perhaps they are fourth density denizens who come to third density to feed, and consider us food as well! That could explain many of the disappearances of people in the national parks. Even if the bigfoot aren't eating us themselves, maybe they are hunting for other denizens of fourth density.

Funny that you mention this. I'm working on the 1995 transcripts and just finished annotating this one:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=22372.msg239476#msg239476

... which talks about animal mutilations, in particular this:

21 Jan 1995 said:
Q: (L) Okay, that's all I wanted to know. Back in the 1970's in the Central United States there were quite a number of cases of animal mutilation. There has been a lot of publicity about this at some point and then it died down and was covered up, and there were a lot of ideas and theories about it. What I would like to know is who was doing the animal mutilations?

A: Many.

Q: Okay, who was doing most of the animal mutilations?

A: Not applicable.

Q: Okay. Was some of the animal mutilation done by the U.S Government, or entities within the government?

A: Was?

Q: (L) In other words, it is still going on. So Okay, so they are still doing it. Was, or is, some of this activity being conducted by alien individuals?

A: Yes.

Q: (T) Were they acting for the same reasons?

A: No.

Q: Why did the government do animal mutilations?

A: Copy, in order to throw off investigation.

Q: (L) So they copied this activity to throw off investigations. Did they do this as an act to protect the aliens who were doing animal mutilations for their own purposes?

Q: (L) Were they doing it to protect themselves from the public knowing that they were engaged in alien interactions?

A: They do it to protect the public from knowing that which would explode society if discovered.

Q: (L) What is this item that they were protecting so that society or the public wouldn't know about it. What activity is this?

A: Humans eat cattle, aliens eat you.

Q: (T) They've said that before. (L) Okay, yeah, we eat second level, they eat third. Did aliens do some of the cattle mutilations?

Q: What do aliens do to cattle?

A: Blood.

Q: (L) They take the blood out of them?

Q: (J) They drink it? What do they use this blood for?

A: Nourishment.

Q: (L) Okay, but you just said that aliens eat humans, and humans eat cattle. Why were the aliens being nourished by cattle, if that's not their normal bill of fare? (J) Delicacy. (T) A cow's blood is a lot like human blood.

A: Do you not ever consume facsimile?

Q: (T) Hamburger helper? Shake and Bake, (J) And I helped! [Laughter] Sorry!

A: Facsimile is less controversial, obviously!

Q: (L) So in other words, they were eating cattle just to keep from having to eat so many humans, that would have just upset people a lot, is that it? Oh god.

Q: (T) So, since they're eating cattle instead of humans, does that mean they'll stop eating humans? (L) Terry, you know better than that! (T) Well, it's the next logical question.

A: Some of their human "food" is merely emotions, think of flesh as being the equal of "filet mignon."

As part of my commentary, I mentioned Paulides work. Well, obviously, he's trying to connect everything to Bigfoot, but maybe that's part of the link? After all, the Cs said about Bigfoot:

1994 Oct 9 said:
Q: (L) Was Mars ever inhabited?

Q: (L) By whom?

A: By those you now know as Sasquatch or Bigfoot.

Q: (L) Do they now live on this planet as a result of being brought here by other beings?

A: They are transitory. Do not inhabit on a permanent basis.

Q: (L) Well, how do they come and go?

A: They are the slaves and "pets" of the Lizard Beings.

Q: (L) How did the Sasquatch get here from Mars?

A: Brought by Lizard Beings but they do not inhabit earth.

Q: (L) Why have Sasquatch been seen in remote places throughout history?

A: Put there for menial slave tasks.

Q: (L) Does that mean that whenever Sasquatch have been seen that there is a Lizard nearby?

Q: (L) What menial tasks might they be doing?

A: Collecting samples.

Q: (L) Why has everyone who has ever come in contact with Sasquatch commented on the awful odor of them? Why do they stink?

A: Organic functions.

Q: (L) What is it about their organic functions that makes them stink?

A: Sweat.

Notice the "slave tasks" and "collecting samples".

Interesting.

hiker said:
Paulides highly recommends "Hunt for the Skinwalker" -book, I see it has been discussed on the forum before:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,7601.0.html

I read the book several years ago and think that it is a must read for anyone who is interested in the topic, so it was really great to hear Paulides recommending it. What is also awesome about "The Hunt for the Skinwalker", that it has plenty of good and "hair raising" examples of the blend between UFO and paranormal (or even bigfoot) phenomena.

Also SOTT carried an article about the book:
http://www.sott.net/article/230005-Path-of-the-Skinwalker-A-small-ranch-in-northern-Utah-US-may-be-the-strangest-place-on-Earth

Thanks for posting the links about the book, 'Hunt for the Skinwalker.' Had been meaning to go back and check the full name of the book that he recommended in the youtube video. I was mostly listening to the talk rather than watching, so didn't catch all of the title. Thought it was a great talk as well by the way.

I am now reading the Western Edition of Missing 411 and had no idea that Crater Lake National Park in Oregon has had such a cluster of missing people. Been there several times, it's a stunning site. The caldera lake is the deepest lake in the U.S. I believe. Feel a bit different about visiting there again though. I also like to hike, even though I haven't done much of it the past couple years-anyway, feeling more cautious about that in general as well.

Keit said:
I read the book several years ago and think that it is a must read for anyone who is interested in the topic, so it was really great to hear Paulides recommending it. What is also awesome about "The Hunt for the Skinwalker", that it has plenty of good and "hair raising" examples of the blend between UFO and paranormal (or even bigfoot) phenomena.

http://www.sott.net/article/230005-Path-of-the-Skinwalker-A-small-ranch-in-northern-Utah-US-may-be-the-strangest-place-on-Earth

Thank you for your comments, the book is moving to first place on my "to read" list! :cool:

Cleo said:
Thanks for posting the links about the book, 'Hunt for the Skinwalker.' Had been meaning to go back and check the full name of the book that he recommended in the youtube video. I was mostly listening to the talk rather than watching, so didn't catch all of the title. Thought it was a great talk as well by the way.

I am now reading the Western Edition of Missing 411 and had no idea that Crater Lake National Park in Oregon has had such a cluster of missing people. Been there several times, it's a stunning site. The caldera lake is the deepest lake in the U.S. I believe. Feel a bit different about visiting there again though. I also like to hike, even though I haven't done much of it the past couple years-anyway, feeling more cautious about that in general as well.

Crater Lake has a cinder cone which forms an island named "Wizard Island". The cone is capped by a volcanic crater named the "Witches' Cauldron".

I have craved a revisit for the last 40 years but after reading this thread I have changed my mind!

hiker said:
Keit said:

Thank you for your comments, the book is moving to first place on my "to read" list! :cool:

Finished reading the book. It is a page turner, and the descriptions of first hand experiences of high strangeness are extremely interesting (and often indeed hair raising!). Essential reading.

It is peculiar how Paulides in his lecture champions ”Skinwalker” as indispensable reading, more so than his own books. He doesn’t directly state what he thinks is behind the phenomenon of missing persons out of respect for the families, but by strongly mentioning this book, it seems he privately thinks there are hyperdimensional aspects heavily present.

As I was reading, I paid attention to this part:

There is some evidence to suggest that forms of meditation (and therefore altered states) were connected to the appearance of anomalous phenomena on the ranch. The ”Predator incident” of early 1996 appears to have been provoked by an individual’s conscious attempt at meditation. And a little over a year later, less than sixty minutes after an hour-long meditation by an investigator, a creature crawled through a tunnel of light in midair at exactly the same spot where the meditation had taken place

p.250

As has been mentioned elsewhere, looks like it pays to meditate with a ”positive seed” (like POTS) to avoid nasty influences zoning in on you ”from above”. :O

hiker said:
It is peculiar how Paulides in his lecture champions ”Skinwalker” as indispensable reading, more so than his own books. He doesn’t directly state what he thinks is behind the phenomenon of missing persons out of respect for the families, but by strongly mentioning this book, it seems he privately thinks there are hyperdimensional aspects heavily present.

Well, I listened to one of his radio interviews on one of the paranormal networks, and there he said that he tries to be very careful about making conclusive statements also because he wants to remain as someone people would approach in case of a disappearance that fits the pattern. He said something like "Imagine a parent or a relative searching my name and seeing all the "weird stuff" being associated with it. Do you think they would feel comfortable contacting me after that?"

He simply understands how it works and tries to be professional about it, so he concentrates on gathering facts and lets the facts or other people make the obvious conclusions. And the facts are so strange, no other explanation than high-strangeness one fits the bill.

Keit said:
hiker said:

Well, I listened to one of his radio interviews on one of the paranormal networks, and there he said that he tries to be very careful about making conclusive statements also because he wants to remain as someone people would approach in case of a disappearance that fits the pattern. He said something like "Imagine a parent or a relative searching my name and seeing all the "weird stuff" being associated with it. Do you think they would feel comfortable contacting me after that?"

He simply understands how it works and tries to be professional about it, so he concentrates on gathering facts and lets the facts or other people make the obvious conclusions. And the facts are so strange, no other explanation than high-strangeness one fits the bill.

I think this is a very wise and professional tactic to take. IMO, by mentioning the Skinwalker book he's giving a little clue to all the people who are familiar with the book on which direction his thoughts are going.

Thanks for the comments. Indeed, if he started to openly discuss high strangeness, it could certainly cause unwanted problems, so the professional approach is a wise choice.

In the introduction for ”Skinwalker”, the authors actually spend a while telling of their experiences on how reporting about paranormal activity can bring a lot of negative attention and scorn from the mainstream.

Heimdallr said:
MusicMan said:
I have to ask.. Is there any mention of Alligators, large Snakes, Bears, Mountain Lions or Eagles in relation to these disappearances?

The thing about the disappearances is that there are no prints, no marks that would have been left by animals, the areas do not seem to be disturbed like you'd expect in the case of an animal attack. I'd suggest reading the book to get an idea of the huge number of cases and corresponding details in the disappearances. It's quite eerie! There are cases where people are walking together down a trail, one person gets just out of view, and they are gone. No noise, no screaming, nothing. They simply disappear. John Keel even talks about this too, he has noted the number of times that people essentially disappear without a trace. It's normal to want to explain it away in normal terms, animal attacks or people choosing to go missing, but in the Paulides books it's clear this is just not the case, that there is just something more bizarre, paranormal at work.

I had just finished reading this thread yesterday, when scanning news websites today & caught this:

New lead in William Tyrell case

Three-year-old William Tyrell has now been missing for six months. Today, Homicide Squad detectives searching for the missing boy will begin scouring bushland on the NSW Mid North Coast. The toddler vanished from the back yard of his grandmother's home in the small town of Kendall where William in September last year. Police said a tip-off had led them to an area of dense bushland at Bonny Hills, about 20 kilometres from Kendall.

A NSW Police spokeswoman said the area police would begin searching was near Houston Mitchell Drive and Long Point Road in Bonny Hills, but she would not divulge the exact location. Officers are believed to be focusing on an area of dense bushland in the Queens Lake State Forest. The search will be co-ordinated by the Homicide Squad, with assistance from the Riot Squad, operational support group, Dog Unit and water police.

It is the second time that police have descended on the town of Bonny Hills this year in their investigation into William's disappearance. In January, police searched the Bonny Hills home of washing machine repairman William Spedding, 63, using an excavator and draining a septic tank at the semi-rural property in Wandoo Place. They also searched Mr Spedding's pawnbroker business in the nearby town of Laurieton.

Mr Spedding has denied any involvement in William's disappearance. Police have said Mr Spedding is not a suspect in William's disappearance, but is a person of interest in the case. At the time his home was searched, Mr Spedding said the police search had been difficult for him and his family, and that he and his wife were on the verge of having nervous breakdowns.

Mr Spedding had visited the home of William's grandmother four days before the boy's disappearance after a request to repair a washing machine. A close friend, Colin, said Mr Spedding did not return to the grandmother's house with a spare part for the washing machine on the day William went missing because he could not get in contact with her.

Strike Force Rosann had been established to investigate William's disappearance. William was wearing a Spider-Man suit and playing in the backyard with his sister when he disappeared, as their mother made a cup of tea. Police sources have told Fairfax Media it is most likely the boy was abducted.

A 10-kilometre search of the area surrounding the house in the days after he disappeared failed to find any trace of him. The search lasted for weeks and involved the NSW Police, Rural Fire Service, the State Emergency Service and more than 200 people from the area. Investigators have searched every corner of the 21 houses in the bushland estate where William was last seen.
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/life-style/current-affairs/new-lead-in-william-tyrell-case-20150302-13selr.html

I haven't read the book, just some excerpts and reviews, which creeped me out enough, let alone reading this story about a child vanishing from his backyard in this area.

Paulides just announced a kickstarter campaign for a 411 film documentary. Details and trailer here: http://www.missing-411.com/

I hope it gets made!

Approaching Infinity said:
Paulides just announced a kickstarter campaign for a 411 film documentary. Details and trailer here: http://www.missing-411.com/

I hope it gets made!

Thanks for the heads-up AI, just saw the trailer, and i hope it gets made too !

Back
Top Bottom