Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

herondancer said:
Hi all,

Sott Talk Radio the latest important resource created for sincere truth seekers. However, it's a problem for the hearing-impaired, and those who can't access the stream for one reason or another. We can remedy that! :)

Anyone who would like to volunteer to help transcribe the weekly episodes of SOTT Talk Radio, please post here. You'll be contacted with how to proceed.

Thanks!

Edited: Please note that we need proofreaders once the transcription has been done. So don't hesitate to give your name if you want to do some proofreading. ;)

Herondancer,
I only speak English but I feel that I am pretty good at proofreading in English. If there is anything I can do just let me know.

Keit said:
lainey said:
wow ok that is way out of my capabilities at the moment. It would take way longer than I think you would find reasonable for me to get my head round it and carry it out as I'm working full time and studying on my days off so it would be weeks and weeks. Sorry. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Sorry for overwhelming you. :-[ I think it's perfectly ok to do just what you suggested. Just to transcribe the text, the way you would do it with SOTT Radio show. And I can make the SRT file afterwards. No problem. Would that be better?

Keit, if this hasn't been started yet, no problem, let's leave it. For the moment we're just going to add .srt subtitles directly into YT captions, so there's no urgency on getting the EN-dubbed parts 1&2 transcribed.

Kniall said:
Keit, if this hasn't been started yet, no problem, let's leave it. For the moment we're just going to add .srt subtitles directly into YT captions, so there's no urgency on getting the EN-dubbed parts 1&2 transcribed.

Sure, no problem! Better share it with the English public asap!

And, lainey, hopefully you didn't push with the transcription too much, since now there is plenty of time. And then, when it will be done (including the second part), we can do an improved version of the series. ;)

Hi, I'm enjoying the Sott Talk Radio a lot and would be delighted to help out in any way possible. My languages skills is: Danish as my mother tongue, English is fluent - German, swedish, norwegian not fluent but I can handle it.
So let me know if I can help out.

DHTH said:
Hi, I'm enjoying the Sott Talk Radio a lot and would be delighted to help out in any way possible. My languages skills is: Danish as my mother tongue, English is fluent - German, swedish, norwegian not fluent but I can handle it.

Hi DHTH,

Are you interested in translation or transcription?

Keit said:
Kniall said:

And, lainey, hopefully you didn't push with the transcription too much, since now there is plenty of time. And then, when it will be done (including the second part), we can do an improved version of the series. ;)

phew, thats good news, I've been snowed under with college work and I was finishing proof reading show 73 for SOTT still so that is a load off my mind. I'll still finish it if you want and it can be there for you guys as and when you want it.

Sorry guys, I procrastinated so long my invite expired :-[

Would you be so kind as to send me another, please?

Fester said:
Sorry guys, I procrastinated so long my invite expired :-[

Would you be so kind as to send me another, please?

Hi Fester,

According to the members' list, you are already a member. You have joined the 16th of July.

However, you have not done your intro so far.

So let me know if you have any trouble to login to yahoo.

:-[ :lol: :-[

logged on and saw this message:

"Sorry the invitation to join this group has expired. You may request the group owner to send you a new invitation."

and did what it said, straightaway, without considering that i was already in the member's area.... :ohboy:

sorry 'bout that :oops:

lainey said:
Keit said:
Kniall said:

phew, thats good news, I've been snowed under with college work and I was finishing proof reading show 73 for SOTT still so that is a load off my mind. I'll still finish it if you want and it can be there for you guys as and when you want it.

I've finished part 1!!!! :clap: Sorry it took so long. I popped it on the database and left a message in the yahoo group for someone to proofread as I struggled a bit with some of the Russian words.
I'll get started on part 2 now.

Hi Gandalf,

Sorry for the long response time.

I could do both, where it is needed most.

Gandalf said:
DHTH said:

Hi DHTH,

Are you interested in translation or transcription?

DHTH said:
Hi Gandalf,

Sorry for the long response time.

I could do both, where it is needed most.

Hi DHTH,

Thanks you for your offer.

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

Just a few question before I jump in, mainly- where do I start? :umm:

More specifically:

1- On the transop database:
ID View File Name Language Action Status Author Category Modified Date Size Status

What is the final "status" for? It has a tick or a cross and is highlit red if marked with a cross :huh:

2- Is there any way to sort by priority? Meaning urgency? I'm sure there's some work on there that has higher priority than the rest. :scooter:

3- I'm pretty confident in my proofreading skills, but being a newbie would you prefer if I didn't touch any of the "Final PR" stuff until I've shown my worth, so to speak?

4- Should I start with old ones that still need doing? (sort by date?)

5- What's the preferred method for edits? I'm thinking, highlight the word/phrase in question in one colour, suggested edit in another?

6- I think that's it, but I'd like to check this: 1-download the selected file to PR
2-upload the same file straight away, back to the same location, changing "Action" and (first)"Status"
3-Proofread
4-upload PR'd file back to same location again, changing "Action" and (first)"Status" again
5-select another file and repeat

All good?

Fester said:
Just a few question before I jump in, mainly- where do I start? :umm:

More specifically:

1- On the transop database:
ID View File Name Language Action Status Author Category Modified Date Size Status

What is the final "status" for? It has a tick or a cross and is highlit red if marked with a cross :huh:

2- Is there any way to sort by priority? Meaning urgency? I'm sure there's some work on there that has higher priority than the rest. :scooter:

3- I'm pretty confident in my proofreading skills, but being a newbie would you prefer if I didn't touch any of the "Final PR" stuff until I've shown my worth, so to speak?

4- Should I start with old ones that still need doing? (sort by date?)

5- What's the preferred method for edits? I'm thinking, highlight the word/phrase in question in one colour, suggested edit in another?

6- I think that's it, but I'd like to check this: 1-download the selected file to PR
2-upload the same file straight away, back to the same location, changing "Action" and (first)"Status"
3-Proofread
4-upload PR'd file back to same location again, changing "Action" and (first)"Status" again
5-select another file and repeat

All good?

Hi Fester,

Could you post your questions in the translation group since it is about that and moreover all members could benefit from them.

And please do think to say if you are doing translation (what language) or transcription.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom